Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hoist the Colours (See OOC)

Leos Palle

L
Was he a fighter? If you asked him that, he'd probably tell you no. Truth be told he'd rather win things with trickery than in a straight up gun fight. Still, he was a pretty decent shot with a blaster. He was, after all, still alive. That said, he'd been shot a handful of times in the past and he wasn't really keen on getting shot again. It smarted worse than anything and you always had to spend time in a blaster tank if the shots hit you in the torso. In the head you were dead, but a limb could probably survive with just a bacta patch. He really was quite lucky that he wasn't one of those people that was allergic to bacta. That'd be a nightmare in the making.

"I tend to not shoot people unless they make me do it," he said as he walked along with the... whatever he was. "And I do expect trouble inside. Paranoia is an understatement with Sith."

Considering he was related to one he ought to know. Not that he was going to blabbing that around. Unbeknownst to him, his brothers apprentice was among their number, though she wasn't with him and Olidiv at the moment so it didn't really matter. They approached the manner, and he kept his eyes on the unknown entity that was moving around opposite them. He also kept a hand on his blaster, ready to draw it if he needed to.

"So how'd you get into slicing?"

Might as well start some casual conversation if they were going to be together for a while. Awkward silences weren't fun, after all.

[member="Olidiv Kenu"] [member="The Traveler"] [member="Saede Taggart"]

Olidiv Kenu

Behold, a Swordsman of Legend
[member="Saede Taggart"] @The Traveller [member="Athelus Palle"]

Olidiv chuckled. Hell of a time for a biographical interview. Still, he'd humor the man. "Beleive it or not, I use to own a rather large tech company. I learned most of my slicing techniques in the RnD lab, testing our security against my own....unique tendencies," he siad with a chuckle. "But, well, times have been tough, so I'm here to make a few bucks, do a little derring-do," he said with a nod.

"What about you, mate? You don't seem the piratey type," the four-armed swordsman said with a chuckle. "Why are you up to your neck with a bunch of unhinged folks like us, I wonder?"

He walked through the entryway. "I think that lab is a good bet. If there's any records, we might find some good info, and that'd be worth quite a bit, yeah?" He laughed a little. Breaking and entering, grand theft--it'd been ages since he'd been a proper cirminal.

Kalinai Soluza

Supreme Ultimate Pirate Empress
[member="Saede Taggart"]
“Captain, we’re getting a message incoming. It’s from Captain Taggart!” one of the crew called.
Kalinai grinned and grabbed it. She played with it for a moment before picking up the call.
“Ahoy-hoy!” she said excitedly. “Oh Captain, my Captain, you’re back! Been wondering if you’d show up. Been so boring in the future, and everything’s pretty much the same. I was expecting…stuff.”

“Anyway, we’re robbing this mansion, huh? Any defenders?”

The Flying Pineapple’s cannons had something of a view of the place and could open fire if needed. Probably best they didn’t though as its guns were a little…ahem…scattershot. Just like its captain!

Leos Palle

L
[member="Olidiv Kenu"] [member="The Traveler"] [member="Saede Taggart"]

Interesting. So, he was working with not just a slicer, but a business man. Well, that wasn't inconceivable if you took into account what his brother was. That seemed far stranger to him than a slicer owning a tech company. Though he hadn't figured on a suit wanting to run around with pirates. Usually major corporations, legitimate ones at least, didn't particularly enjoy the types of people gathered about here. They were the ones that took advantage of companies by ripping them off and then selling their goods on the black market. Though he had heard about companies being run by people who did that as a rather elaborate scheme to actually boost their sales while taking advantage of their insurance company.

"Tech big wig, eh? Unexpected, but amusing. Handy, too."

He smirked and looked around as they made their way inside. So far so good. Nobody was shooting at them and there weren't any big bad traps suddenly getting sprung on them. The woman was right about the main part of the place being clear at least. It was once they got deeper within the walls that they would have to start worrying. After all, the pirate lady had indicated that she wasn't familiar with the Sith's private sanctum.

"I'm a smuggler, not a pirate. Not a fan of Sith, though. Heard about this little shindig and thought I'd nick some stuff from one. Dead or not it feels good to stick it in their eye, as it were."

A finger shoved forward to figuratively stick it in the eye.

"And yeah, the lab sounds good. If there's one thing I know that always sells it's information. Everyone wants that."

There were bad days and very bad day. And then there was another unnamed whole level of bad days. This is the story of a day that could be categorized with the latest. Multiplied by ten. Iago Rekali, a Mandalorian making his bread by hauling cargo 'round the galaxy, was stuck aboard a state-of-the-art ship in the middle of nowhere trying to start it up. Without further going into details to describe his embarrassing lose of his ship, the Mandalorian had gone and spent all his credits on informants to get his hands on a ship to leave the cursed surface of Vjun.

And, of course, the only ship that could be stolen had to be one hell of a ship. Was it a prototype of some sort ? It looked like it to Iago's inexperienced eyes as both him and his faithful HK-24 assassin droid were trying all sorts of ways to slice the ship's engine codes and leave as far as possible from Vjun. He'd stay away from the Hard Roil for a bit, as well. Iago would be damned if he met up his cousin Alec and told her the story. There were some good parts on that modified freighter he had lost. Good, high quality Rekali made parts. Especially the engines.

I'd prefer Alec over this damn Vjun, I swear.

"Observation: I am picking up com activity." The HK-24's robotic voice came through interrupting the silence that had been thick between the two as they tried working out how to ignite the cursed engines of the ship.

"By the Manda...did I not tell you to...if you're detecting com activity, then there is a chance your 'observation' can be karkin' 'observed' as well ?" The Rekali's voice came through the annunciator irritated.

"Error: No such protocol found."

Oh my Manda.

Iago took out his Mandalorian ripper from his holster and proceeded on trying to slice the engine and turn it on while being more aware of his surroundings.

This day can't finish sooner, can it ?

[member="Saede Taggart"] | [member="Erin Vikar"]​
/ooc: Permission to join given by the OP. :p

"I have no maw ridden idea what I was drinking that night," Saede replied to [member="Erin Vikar"] absently. Then she paused, looking over at the other woman with a grin. "Which means it must have been good chit."

As [member="Kalinai Soluza"] 's voice came over the comm, her grin widened. In truth, she didn't specifically recognize her voice. But it had been a long time, so that made sense, right?

"Ms. Soluza. I don't know how you got here, but I'm glad you are. Aye, we're raiding the mansion. No defenders to speak of- but I'm sure there are some unsavory-like traps left by the former occupants. You know how sith are. Look alive, and watch your back, savvy? We're going to rendezvous at Mister Sicarii's airfield. You probably flew right over it. The biggest, baddest ship there? We'll have to decide what to christen her. Something red, I'm sure."

"Uh, cap? Speaking of your new ship- We're picking up some activity over there."

Saede flicked her comm channel.

"One of ours?"

"Negative. Definitely someone else."

"Change of plans, Ms. Vikar," Saede said, clipping the comm unit back on her belt. "We've got some nosey strangers poking around my ship. That's a hazardous course of action."

[member="Iago Rekali"]

After the others had disembarked, the nervous looking woman who had remained mostly silent since her recruitment on world slowly left her corner of the vessel. She wore a new outfit, comfortable shoes, a plain and unflattering jacket and slim fitting leggings. Her previous outfit had been discarded the day previous, in an effort to further disguise herself from the powerful darksiders that deigned to hunt her for nought but fun and their own twisted sense of morality. She had joined the crew to further distance herself from that dreadful place, but was still coming to terms with what her carelessness and brief attempt at bonding had nearly caused. "What strangers?" She asked [member="Saede Taggart"] shortly, the presence of a potential foreign force being a frightening concern now she had been separated from her own equipment.

Olidiv Kenu

Behold, a Swordsman of Legend
[member="Athelus Palle"] [member="Saede Taggart"]

Olidiv simply tapped his cane, nodding his head cheerily at being called unexpected. "If there's one thing I'm not likely to be, it's predictable," he said with hearty laugh. Even with the tinny echo of his respirator, the man seem to fill a room with his voice at times. He then nodded. "Ah, smuggling is always good business. There's always someone out there who wants something they're not supposed to have, after all. And frankly, quiet courier work is handy in some businesses...." he mused as he considered it. "I can understand that. The Sith have a knack for making people into their enemies. Hell, I've lost quite a bit to them myself. Who knows, maybe we'll find something that can do a little damage if it's leaked to the right folks...." His voice seemed to enjoy the dark humor in tat sentiment. His second home, Corellia, had been torn asunder by the petty politics of egomaniacal Sith. He didn't really hate them at this point in his life, but he wasn't exactly forgiving about it, either.

He then nodded. "Information, and maybe some hard prototypes if we're lucky. Or unlucky, depending on what he was working on. Either way, be careful--gods know how fond Sith are of melodramatic booby traps and the like," he said, continuing to type on his datapad. He wasn't just messing about, he was attempting to scan the area and find any encrypted systems with wireless access. No signals yet, though. Either his lab did everything through hard line access, or he shielded the thing perfectly. Either way, that much security meant something worth stealing was in there at some point.

Still he simply nodded at the young humanoid and gestured forward. "Lab should be about seventy meters. No signals ahead, though. Not sure if that's good or bad, at this point. Lets see if we can find a door, shall we?"

Leos Palle

L
"Yeah, my brothers a Sith. One of them. Other one is a Jedi. I'm neither and I prefer it that way."

Seventy meters ahead down a hall. Interestingly enough, they'd not run into any traps yet, though he was certain that they were out there somewhere. Some kind of trap. He wasn't getting anything from the Force, though he was still aware that he didn't always get premonitions, so he was still quite capable of wandering right into danger. He did so often, after all.

They neared the lab and he started looking for the door. Turned out not to be that hard to find, but as he stood looking at it he got the feeling that this thing was rigged. There was just something about it that set him off. He mulled his mouth from side to side and looked over the whole of the door, trying to figure out what it could be. Ultimately he just shrugged and pointed at the door while looking over at Olidiv.

"I don't know what it is, but there is definitely something about this door that has me tingling. I don't see anything, but I'm suspicious. Any ideas?"

Two heads are better than one when it comes to solving problems, right?

[member="Olidiv Kenu"] [member="Saede Taggart"]

(okay, going to not hold this up for other folks any longer, let's press on!)

"Strangers on my ship, Miss Ventreme," Saede replied over the comm. Belatedly she added- "Not the Messenger. The new one."

She hadn't decided on a name for her new ship yet, but she realized that clarifying no strangers were on the ship they had come in (and that Ventreme was still on) was probably important.

Saede wasn't going to force Erin to come with her- after all, she *had* promised booty, and by going with the redhead now, she'd have to settle for just regular credits. Still, the pirate captain would appreciate some back up with the interlopers. She'd already taken a possessive bent toward the as yet unnamed ship, and the unlikely little cusses were trying to steal it from her. The sheer karking pique.

They hadn't gone too far in to the estate yet, so it didn't take long to double back to Darth Sicarii's private airfield. While it probably wasn't as fun as looting a dead sith lord's personal chamber, Saede appreciated that Erin came with her. After all, two pirates were better than one.

The ship Saede led them to was like nothing she'd ever seen before. It was part of what had caught Saede's eye to begin with. At around a kilometer long, she admired the knife-like edge of it's lines.

She didn't know if Sicarii had named it something like 'Shadow Talon' or 'The Durni's Claw,' and she didn't really care. Her first ship had been the Revenge, when she had sailed as First Mate for Captain Marcus Grey, and then taken over the crew when he had done what he was prone to do and went on a year long bender. When that had been destroyed (through betrayal and Vong machinations) she had rallied her crew. Through a series of trickery and sheer chutzpah, they had laid claim to the SSD Indomitable. Rechristened as The Crimson Revenant, they had pirated across the galaxy for years. That crew, those times.... were gone.

But she was still here. How? No idea. And it didn't matter. She'd find a way to bring that glory back, that golden age of piracy would be resurgent....

Hmmm.

The two women stole on to the ship, heading toward the control center.

[member="Seria Ventreme"] [member="Erik"] Vikar [member="Kalinai Soluza"] [member="Iago Rekali"]

Kalinai Soluza

Supreme Ultimate Pirate Empress
[member="Saede Taggart"]
This was more like it! Kalinai grinned.
She had seen the big ship as she came in. It looked a beauty, and it would be all theirs!

Also, needed a name. Knowing the Sith it was probably called something silly like “Deadly Doom of Destructive Death”. They loved naming them after foreboding things. Or random Sith Lords no one had ever heard of.

“Savvy! We’ll come around to the ship from the far side. How about…Vermillion Resplendence? Or…Cerise Ravager? Amaranth Recusant?”

It was probably best if she left the names to Saede. She was always better with those.

Regardless, Kalinai and her mob headed around and soon came into sight of the cruiser. It was massive. Seriously. A one kilometre ship filled one’s view.
She looked at her companions. “We’re going to need a bigger crew!” she said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom