Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public High altitude, High power, High Impact training

Be careful what you wish for.

IT'S ALWAYS DARKEST BEFORE THE DAWN...

53950.gif

Equipment:
Conservator and Vanguard 2.0 (Lightsabers)
Comm-link, Rebreather, Custom Robes
Starship: Starlight Sentinel, (Dilorian in cargo bay)
Companion: Astromech R01R - "Roller", Pilot droid Mu51c - "Music"
Desbre Gensan, Milya Vondar
Tag:
Jax Thio Jax Thio

~"Come find me, everyone, and bring your training sabers."~

He hadn't done this in a long time, made his students come to find him in order to participate in some kind of training. It may blow up in his face, but it was always fun to watch them search, and a great way to test multiple skills of theirs. They would not find him on the grounds, though he was indeed nearby. It would take a lot of focus, and concentration, but if they worked together, or at least paid attention to what they knew, each of them, about the massive Jedi Master, they would find him sitting on one of the nearby Wroshyr tree branches, several hundred feet up. Sitting in a lotus position, making his best attempt at "meditation" (he was always too busy to do so, which is why he rarely practiced the skill), Caltin sipped on some Elba water as the sun rose over the horizon. No, it wasn't the butt-crack of dawn, it was almost midday, but it was still a beautiful site out there.

... YET THE DAWN ALWAYS COMES.
ZhUyygm.png

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

aSITfd.jpg

Equipment: Jedi Robes, Jax's Prosthetic Arm, Training Saber​
latest
Jax continued to flex his robotic arm, it was almost a week since he had it installed and he still wasn't used to it. BB-12 had made a lot of modifications to aid Jax in battle such as blocking Lightsaber hits thanks to the reinforced durasteel, stunning enemies using a high voltage electrical shock, launch the arm from the stump and remote control it to kill or knock out enemies and a lot of other gadgets that BB-12 wanted to show Jax but was too busy eating Ice Cream and watching Daytime Soap. <I'll do it when you get back from your training.> Jax heard BB-12 whirred as he left.​
"There's a better chance that you'll be found sleeping under fracking Pizza nerf herder," he grumbled as he slammed the door. That Droid definitely needs to get his motivator fixed. But here he was near the tree approaching master Catlin for additional training. Jax had trained with Catlin before, he was harsh yet fair and it was going to be hard now because Jax was still not used to his arm. The Jedi stared at it coiling into a fist but yet while he could hear whirs of the robotic arm working to create a fist, Jax still couldn't feel anything, his sense of touch was gone. But at least he had some nice tools to work with.​
"Master Catlin," Jax said bowing a bit. "It's..... been a while sir ever since I left Kayshkk things have been rather crazy for me."​
He had a feeling things would get even crazier now with Catlin training Jax.​

53950.gif

Equipment:
Desbre Gensan, Milya Vondar (both unless specified)
Tag:
Jax Thio Jax Thio

"What is it with people calling me by my first name?"

He had absolutely no issue with Jax, the Knight was nice enough and had skills. He was learning and taking his mistakes in stride, that and he didn't complain about being a ghost!

Really?

Anyway, Caltin did not have a problem with the name choice, it was just a protocol that bore into him a long time ago in the Jedi Order, well... his Order. Moving past that, the Massive Jedi Master got to his feet. Normally he would somersault backward, but they were on a tree branch and while it was large enough to do so, it... was... still... a... tree branch. Also, to be frank, he was working out heavy again, and while he was more defined, he was less limber, by his standards anyway. The big guy cracked his neck and went to stretch his arms as he noticed the arm. Eyebrow raised, he asked simply...

Okay, there's a story there.

Okay, that was clearly not a question, moving on, he nodded at the comment about things being crazy. While the big guy was not as up on the goings-on in the galaxy as he used to be (mainly because he did not travel it as much as he used to), he did hear about several issues that the "other Jedi" were having. Those were conversations for another time as the big guy tossed him a training saber, just in case he forgot one.

Are you good to use that right now? There's no scratches, it looks new.

That is about as close to "Are you okay, my friend?" as would come out of him unfortunately.

ZhUyygm.png

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

aSITfd.jpg

Caltin seemed to be the guy who always said that every scar had a story. Well in Jax's case his prosthetic, it was hard finding ways to cope after the Korriban but after Ziost where Jax nearly died in the most horrific way possible? To say that Jax had trouble sleeping and was plagued with nightmares it was even to the point whenever someone mentioned Ziost, Jax would suffer a panic attack. He was grateful that Jair and Aveline were there to help him get through it but whenever he saw his robotic arm, Jax couldn't help but think about Pom Stych Tivé Pom Stych Tivé attack on him overpowering the Jedi with her enhanced powers and leaving him burning alive. At Korriban, Jax was too reckless but at Ziost he simply wasn't strong enough to contend with Pom and it nearly got him killed in the latter.​
"I'm sure you've heard about the battle of Ziost," Jax replied still staring longingly at his prosthetic. "I came in fought for the Alliance and faced my old enemy. We fought and I thought I had the upper hand but she was just too powerful for me to handle and she...."​
The Jedi's lower lip began to quiver slightly, reaching into the force Jax maintained his focus and gulped as hard as he can. "Let's just say I ended up losing an arm," he finished quickly. He didn't tell Catlin about dying in agony, losing his life and entering the Netherworld. The fact that he managed to somewhat explained what happened without weeping was a of a miracle in itself. "At least I'm making progress," he thought.​
"So what are we going to learn master?" Jax said quickly trying to change the subject. If there was one thing, Jax learned at Ziost was that there was still room to improve. He was lucky that he survived Pom's potion attack but there were still mental scars that he had to overcome and at times he wasn't sure if he could.​

53950.gif

Equipment:
Tag:
Jax Thio Jax Thio

... and you've been touched by darkness...

Caltin wasn't stupid, not that Jax might have thought he was. He could spot those gestures, those feelings, pretty much anywhere. It once happened to him, affected him for most of his life.

Not only that, Caltin recognized the look in his eye. He did not want to let this go, it was going to drive him to push harder, fight longer, and become the weapon he thinks that the Jedi need. Caltin had seen that before as well. His entire time as a Knight had been spent in the same position. However, it took a lot of soul-searching and changing his outlook on life, with the help of a few people. This was going to be a difficult time for Jax, but there was something familiar about him, something that Caltin could see that the kid would be just fine in the end.

Don't give yourself a complex over it, kid. You got caught, we all do.

Pointing to the scar on his head and the scars that his left shoulder tattoo is covering up.

Scalped... by a full-size Hutt gang... and bitten by a Lupine... the bite poison is still in my blood. Not all Lupines are poisonous, no, but this one was. Anyway, you're alive, you're here, and that is the important thing, right? If not, you would be one with the Force and that is alright too, right? You can tell me the rest of the story another time.

Yeah, Caltin knew he was not going to go into detail, the kid wasn't ready, but that wasn't why he was here.

You're up here to learn how to protect yourself. He smirked. At least... better than you did.

ZhUyygm.png

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

aSITfd.jpg

Ah Caltin: Blunt but oddly comforting, Jax wasn't sure that if he was able to climb out the traumatic hole he was in. The Jedi suffered multiple mental scarring over a short amount of time. Yet here Jax was, enduring it all surrounded by the people who cared for him. As direct as his advice was, Caltin was right. Jax wasn't the only person who endured at Ziost many Jedi lost their lives with many more just as traumatized at the battle as he was. Being a Jedi was to let go of what they feared the most and a Jedi must train to conquer their fears. "Thanks Master," Jax said looking over his scar.​
In a way, the Lupine bite was the perfect representation of Jax's nightmares. They will always be there, plaguing Jax placing seeds of self doubt within him and causing him to second guess himself. Trauma like the dark side will never go away but the important thing is that Jax is alive and he can do something cope and accept the things he did and endured the past two battles. "I am alive," Jax said with a smile still staring at his prosthetic arm. "And I know that I am not alone."​
He had to get up, he had to move on, Jax denied being one with the force and passing on because there was so much of life that he has yet to experience. It was thanks to his friends that Jax realized that his life wasn't a waste, now the next step was trying to come to terms with the trauma. "Of course," Jax said chuckling. "Why else would I come to your lectures, what do you have for me this time?"​

53950.gif

Equipment:
Tag:
Jax Thio Jax Thio

Caltin wasn't going to let him moan and groan, there was something about him that the big guy could not place, but he could understand what the kid was going through. No, he was not alone, Caltin was when he went through it and he made a vow to himself that he would never let anyone feel that way again, not if he could help it at least. It gave him purpose. He didn't know the details of exactly what the Jedi on Ziost had gone through and frankly, he didn't want to know. The planet has had enough trauma in its existence and the Jedi in their ever thankless existence had suffered yet again, probably for those who would as soon spit in their faces.

Sad, but the reality of who they were.

There were many a time where Caltin himself wanted to just curl up and die, but If your faith is enduring, you will endure life.

No worries... there is an old Ithorian proverb: "We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."

Nodding for a moment.

The Ithorians are known for multiple meanings to their phrases. but I look at it simply. We all face challenges… right now we seem to be facing a big one together… some in fear and panic, and some in hope and optimism. Only those who have a clear mind can make clear choices about what to do now that will make their future better. Keep looking at the stars. Keep believing in good. Keep your faith that things will turn around. No matter how dark it may seem.

Stretching his legs, he asked.

As for what you are going to learn today, tell me what you know about JuYo.

There was a time as to where he would not teach this to anyone but Jedi Masters, there was something about this kid he could trust to handle it though.

Now why can't I figure out what it is?

ZhUyygm.png

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

aSITfd.jpg

Jax gave a curt nod while he listened to Caltin's proverb, everybody has indeed experienced pain and loss but a clear mind can remove fear and doubt and provide certainty for the future. "Yeah," Jax said looking at his prosthetic arm still feeling the pain of his natural arm withering away at Ziost. "It's not going to be easy, but as long as hope exists. I won't give up."​
The Jedi gave a large sigh. "I told myself when I drew in my last breath," he continued. "That there is no death, there is the force. I thought that I was ready to die, ready to become part of the force but the thing is I didn't want to Master Caltin. There are many things left that I need to do." Life had never tasted so sweet for Jax. His near death experience while still traumatizing gave him a new perspective on life. That not only it could end anytime but there are people who care and are worth fighting for.​
"So Juyo huh?" Jax smirked. "Heard of it and I wanted to practice this technique but only the very best Jedi Masters could study form seven. At least in the NJO."​
It was a while since Jax had wielded a Lightsaber. It was going to take some time to get used fighting with this prosthetic arm.​

53950.gif

Equipment:
Tag:
Jax Thio Jax Thio

Caltin nodded at the observation.

... and that would be correct. I cannot speak for the NJO, but I will not teach this, Shien, or Ataru to anyone without prior knowledge of other forms. Most misunderstand that there are "better" forms, but that is misleading. Some forms may be more "advanced", but no form is better than another, not truly "better".

Swinging his training saber hard back and forth, mainly to limber up his arms, the massive Jedi mouthed explanations of the form and his movements.

Form VII, the chosen style of Mace Windu, is among the most difficult styles to master. It is one of the unpredictable movements and direct assaults, constantly throwing opponents off guard thanks to continual and seemingly unconnected movements. Still being developed by the style's masters, Form VII is composed of many paradoxes and other difficult concepts for students to grasp, and as a result, it has many fewer students than other styles.

In the Old Republic, there were only ever two known masters of Vapaad other than Mace Windu, who developed it, Depa Bilaba and Sora Bulq. Vapaad focuses almost exclusively on combat maneuvers and wavers dangerously close to the dark side, for Jedi practitioners. It should be noted that both Depa Bilaba and Sora Bulq fell to the dark side soon after mastering Vapaad. Some may say that they were weak in the mind, some may say that they were manipulated. I will not comment, as I do not know the details. The key to Form VII is speed and a true master can move so fast they virtually become a blur.

Vapaad has its roots in Juyo which filled the role of Form VII during the ancient Sith Wars. When peace was restored many deemed Juyo too violent to remain a part of the Jedi Arts permanently and it was forgotten. Vapaad was developed as the new Form VII by Mace Windu during the twilight of the Jedi Order to counter the increasing instability of the ailing Republic. Form VII is a difficult path to tread for even the most powerful Force users and has been regarded as a dangerous choice for many Jedi. For the Brotherhood, Vapaad is an old stand-by.

Now the technique sets or "Circles", there are a total of five are part of what makes this a difficult form to master.

The first set of techniques or the "First Circle" begins with the Basic Strike a one, or two-handed slash with a twist of the hip for added power, see? I liken this form as more of the offensive side of the coin to Soresu. There's more to it than that, I know, but still, it's a bit easy to compare. Of course, for every Basic Strike, there is a Basic Parry see? One or two-handed.

Now, there is the Second Circle: which starts with a 3-Strike Combo like this. Now unlike Shii-Cho, or Djem So, these combos do not have pre-determined targets, you take the openings that your opponent gives you. Like Soresu, Vaapad does have evasive techniques, watch how... see how I waited for you to commit to that strike before simply side-stepping? To "Evade" is simple enough, just simple movements, all designed to annoy your opponent in the most effective and energy-saving way possible way.

The Third Circle builds on the second, as the Second builds on the First: There is the 4-Strike Combo notice again, no preset targets. Like Soresu, you wait for the opponent to commit and you act. Now this form takes, and I can't stress this enough, a LOT of focus, you must commit to practicing "Center Self" it takes a clear mind which is why it is so difficult for many. One thing about Master Windu is that many considered him to be a "time bomb" in a manner of speaking, but he channeled his inner anger, any negative feelings he had into the aggression he needed. It helps with other techniques, like the hard overhead and side swings of "Overpower". You'll find yourself wanting to use both hands for this, but trust me, one will do. See?

Now, I can see in your practices that you don't have the full level of understanding of Makashi so some of the special Vapaad techniques would normally be otherwise unworkable, but I can work around it. The first one is the Fourth Circle: it starts with a 5-Strike Combo, and like the previous combos, there are no determined attacks. You take what your opponent gives you, that is what makes it and this form so effective. Aggressive Flurry, or "chop the tree" as it is called in Djem So. See how I am moving with your actions? Not trying to counter, but taking what openings you give me? Setting up my own counter? This is "False Hope". Of course, I can just go off on you with this overhead feint into an uppercut slash or as Master Windu himself called it, the "Chaotic Strike."

The other set is the Fifth Circle: It starts with a 6-Strike Combo like this, again, no preset spots, but fluid and powerful. Now, this, the "Tornado" spinning attack you can use on the ground but as you can see, I prefer a leap, it brings more power to my attack. A similarity to Soresu, my preferred form uses calm and cool blocking but directing their saber to places that they don't want it to go, "Precise Targeting" like this will increase their frustration. Most out there fear this form because of this move, Master Bulq called it simply "Devastate", sucks doesn't it? See how I set you up with the footsweep into the backslash into the neck hit? It's a little like the "Tornado", but can be brutal if interpreted wrongfully misunderstood. Now, try it with me. You don't have to sweep but, another... see how I moved? Sort of a tempered use of Force Speed and a counter, or "Block Glide" and I'm behind you.

Now, let's get into the particulars, starting with the grip.

The Grip is a part, along with the focus needed that makes JuYo and Vaapad difficult to master. Held high on the hilt, this form alternates between tight and loose grips, sometimes even incorporating hand changes and reverse grips. The typical is to hold the first two fingers loosely, with the last two fingers and thumb held tight to facilitate the swirling strokes. A Stance is one that is used in Djem So, or Soresu, even Niiman, Vapaad needs no specific stances, as the Force guides us to where we must be. A common thing among adherents is a slight bending at the knee, permitting the Form VII master the capacity to spring suddenly if need be.

Now, I know I explained some of the techniques, but I want to bring up, or review as it were striking. When it comes to Striking, Vaapad is unique in its movement and tactics. One might expect that the saber of a Form VII adherent to be constantly moving. One would be wrong. The Vapaad stylist's saber only moves to strike or to block. The moves are very erratic and staccato, snapping to position almost instantly. This staccato rhythm adds to their strong defense as it is terribly difficult to read a Vapaad master's attacks.

Now, the Defense is a little different. Vapaad relies upon the speed of the adherent's responses, augmented as they may be by the Force, to block strikes. Less concerned with forcing an opponent's blade back and off-balance than other forms, the Vapaad master prefers to stop the attack, then leave them hanging there and attack around their weapon in a wicked riposte.

Taking a breath as he took a step back.

Yeah... that was a mouthful.

ZhUyygm.png

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

aSITfd.jpg

Jax was inclined to agree, there was no such thing as bad forms only bad masters. Even though Master Oda had criticized Jax in the past for utilizing Shii-Cho in a one on one duel due to its weakness against single opponents, Shii-Cho was the form that Jax felt most comfortable with. Its basic and loose style allowed for improvisation and can make a duelist fast paced and unpredictable. Couple that with Ataru based acrobatics Jax was an unrelenting dervish against the opponent. To compensate for Shii-Cho's weakness, Jax borrowed elements from Master Oda's preferred styles: Makashi and Niman to his swordplay. The use of saber binds as well as integrating force abilities constantly kept single opponents on their toes allowing Jax's Shii-Cho to flourish in a duel.​
"Mace Windu invented Vaapaad," Jax muttered. "It was a way for a Jedi to use the Dark Side without corrupting them. Essentially you're using a person's darkness or the thrill of battle to create a superconducting loop. Practicioners of Vaapaad were astonishing to watch executing moves with liquid precision."​
If there was one thing Jax read a lot as a child was the basics of Lightsaber combat. He would be immersed in the history of Lightsaber dueling and the seven forms and spend hours practicing his saber techniques. Jax lived for Lightsaber dueling dominating tournaments with sheer skill and creativity. "To be honest," Jax chuckled. "I've learned more about Form Seven than all my trainers combined. I'm ready for some live exercises."​
He also wanted to test out his arm, see how it holds against a Lightsaber.​

53950.gif

Equipment:
Tag:
Jax Thio Jax Thio

Yeah...

He basically just said that. A part of the big guy wondered if Jax was listening, or if he was trying to simply contribute in his own way. Either way, Caltin brought up a training droid for him to work out with, Caltin could work with him, but this was an advanced form and he needed to keep an eye on everything. So as the droid powered up, Caltin let the Knight finish what he was doing. That meant that there would probably be a little bit of an awkward silence, but that was fine. Jax was partially right, at least in Caltin's eyes, it was a way, as he mentioned, to channel inner aggression without resorting or falling to the Dark Side. There was more to the form than that though, it was highly, almost constantly offensive, but there was a defensive side as well in that it focused on throwing an opponent off guard, often using their momentum against them.

Show me what you've learned.

ZhUyygm.png

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

aSITfd.jpg

Based on Caltin's remark it seemed that he was slightly annoyed that Jax repeated the history of Juyo to him. Jax couldn't help it though when he was a knowledgeable on a topic he wanted to talk about it for hours even if it was just regurgitating what a person said. "Apologies master," Jax chuckled nervously. "I get carried away when it comes to history."​
Using his prosthetic arm, Jax activated his Lightsaber placing himself in a Shii-Cho stance. As the Droid began its attack, Jax spun away and performed the fifth circle attack, striking at every angle with passion. His form was sloppy as Jax attempted to power throught the droids defense but at least it landed a hit albeit a weak one on its shoulder. However the droid retaliated just as Jax was prepared to do third circle attack kicking the Jedi in the jaw sending him backwards.​
"Shit," Jax immediately landed on the crowd Lightsaber flying out of his hand as the Droid advanced.​

53950.gif

Equipment:
Tag:
Jax Thio Jax Thio

All good.

What was annoying him was not that Jax was overeager, and speaking up on end when he should be listening. Caltin was not annoyed that Jax pointed out a different aspect of the lightsaber variant, though pretty much saying the same thing. Caltin was not annoyed that he wanted so bad to learn this that he overexerted and made a mistake he should not have, given his level of experience. What was annoying to the big guy was the similarity that the New Jedi Order's Jedi Knight was acting almost no difference to the massive Jedi Master himself. There were multiple similarities, and not just "similarities" but identicalities...

Is that even a word?

Stopping the droid from advancing, Caltin shut it down and offered Thio a hand up, Caltin had but one question.

Why did you try for a knockout when you could have just used a strike? Just like the forms themselves, the circles build off of each other. You should get used to three-strike combos before moving onto four, and then five, and so on.

His tone wasn't meant at all to be negative, but constructive. Jax had the right idea, but he was just a little eager. He needed to relax a little.

ZhUyygm.png

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

aSITfd.jpg

A bit of blood was pouring from Jax's mouth when Caltin pulled him up, Jax felt his ears heating up from embarrassment. He came across as reckless in his form. A drawback of Shii-cho when put at a high level is that one can slip into tunnel vision and come close to the dark side as a result. It was similar to Juyo yet Shii-Cho doesn't embrace as much as Juyo does. "Thanks," Jax wiped bloodied mouth with his prosthetic feeling some pain when his metal arm collided with his front tooth. "Ah chit," he said spitting a tiny piece of his tooth to the ground. "I think I chipped a tooth."​
He's going to have to get used to the prosthetic but it was tough to do so.​
Reaching to the force, Jax grabbed his Lightsaber and listened Caltin's advice in starting slow then going for the killing blow. "I was addicted to the thrill of battle," Jax explained. "When I immersed myself into Juyo I could feel the rage building inside me. I wanted to go for the kill but the Droid easily got me."​

53950.gif

Equipment:
Tag:
Jax Thio Jax Thio

... and THAT is a problem...

Holding up a hand, Caltin checked the Knight over for other injuries while healing his nose through the Force. He was not happy that Jax was so eager to fall into this and perhaps it meant that he was not ready. No real shame in this but it meant one thing, that the training was going to end there.

We're done for now.

A hand on the man's shoulder, Caltin wanted to make sure that the Jedi did not take offense, or believe that he ruined his chances. There was a teachable moment here, and he could use it and for once, maybe he could be understood the first time by someone around here. Of course, if he wasn't then that was that and it would be on them and not him. Giving the guy a minute to calm down, Caltin waited before explaining why.

When I first learned this Form, I believed that I was ready immediately. I had learned every other form and variant up to that point, including Jar'Kai and Dun Moch. Well, needless to say, I was not ready. I was stopped by my instructor and had to learn every single form over again before coming back and doing so here. I'm not going to make you do that, but I will not teach you until your emotions stop controlling you.

It was rare to see a look of concern like this on him, but it was there.

Let's do some velocities on a basic strike, then a three-strike combo.

(OOC- See you in ten days!)

ZhUyygm.png

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

aSITfd.jpg

They were done just like that?​
Jax was just getting started but with a dangerous style like Juyo it was probably for the best. Too many Jedi had been ensnared by the vices of Juyo and fell to the Dark Side. Even among the Sith, the physical and mental demands were tough and the common practitioner became more beasts then capable swordsman. "Understood," Jax nodded listening to Catlin's story of how he first learned Juyo, in many ways he was like Jax thinking that this was just another style but instead it turned out his master determined that he wasn't ready.​
"But how do I control my emotions while in combat?" Jax asked. "In battles especially against other swordsmen, it's easy to get lost in the thrill of battle but you're usually able to triumph based on skill alone. But Juyo requires emotion which is something most swordsmen don't teach you."​
Nodding, Jax activated his Lightsaber before performing the velocities that Caltin instructed him to do.​

53950.gif

Equipment:
Tag:
Jax Thio Jax Thio

Okay... first of all... relax...

There it is. The “What am I? A ghost?” tone of retort from him. The question was indeed valid as it goes against much of the Jedi belief and code to go into battle full of emotion. It was even something that Caltin himself had once concerned himself over and that was the problem. This guy was acting just like Caltin did, but he was not going to subject Jax to having to go back and re-learn everything as he did. That just did not set with him at all.

If you’re trying to tell me that you have absolutely no emotions going into a situation, you are kidding yourself. I know you because you and I are a lot alike and I go on with them. You’re kidding yourself if you believe you don’t. As Jedi, we are taught to enter a battle with a clear and open mind, this is true, however, it is nigh on impossible to keep emotion out. The anxiety of what might happen, the adrenaline that kicks in, it’s natural. Where the Jedi… and Sith get it wrong is that trying to suppress, or channel those emotions is probably the worst thing that can be done.

He shrugged.

Let it happen... experience the emotions you’re going to have. Don’t use them, don’t fear them. Just let them come to you, they’ll go on their own if you keep a clear head.

ZhUyygm.png

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

aSITfd.jpg

Jax was already relaxed but he did need Caltin's reassurance, Juyo required a Jedi to use a greater well of emotion compared to the other forms. Even though Jax considered himself a master at Shii-Cho but he severely underestimated the amount of emotion he needed to use in order to utilize Juyo. There was a reason afterall why later Jedi Battlemasters had began restricting the style to only the best students. "Of course not Master," Jax replied quickly remembering his all of his past engagements. "It's just that I'm not sure how to apply the emotions I'm feeling into Juyo."​
The Jedi deactivated his Lightsaber ruminating on what Catlin said. "Just keep a clear head huh?" he mumbled. "I think I can do that, it's something I've learned after Korriban."​

53950.gif

Equipment:
Tag:
Jax Thio Jax Thio

Caltin was not looking for perfection, not at all. After all, this was an advanced form and frankly, Jax was not quite ready for it. However, the massive Jedi Master felt that the kid could learn from it as he went forward, as long as they took their time, and it seemed to be working to an extent. Sure, there were no magnificent strides being made, but as long as strides were being made, then that was all that the big guy cared about, even if they were not in what he was teaching. The Form was not about "clearing your head", you had to pay attention, it was about keeping your eye on the prize, so to speak. So, since there were a lot of similarities between the two, then why not try to show the Golden Starbird how he learned himself.

Remember, you do have to focus, but there are a couple of tricks that I learned and began to incorporate. The first one being, the old phrase I mentioned in the "Broken Gate" class. "Warriors think three steps ahead, Jedi let you think you are three steps ahead." If you are paying attention to what your opponent is and could be doing, you can set them up to move to where and do what you want without them realizing it. This is a highly effective way of keeping an opponent out of your head. Once you begin to get this practice, which we will work on next, down, an even better one is to put it all on them. Keep on message, a single one. I usually like to keep telling my opponents, especially the talkers, something along the lines of "Leave, and I won't follow" or "Feel free and leave any time you like."

The last part made him laugh.

It is so effective.

ZhUyygm.png

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

aSITfd.jpg

Equipment: Jedi Robes, Jax's Prosthetic Arm, Training Saber
Tag: Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor

A warrior and a Jedi were different people entirely, a warrior gives in to their emotions while the Jedi control them in battle. Though with Juyo the trick was to let go the previous teachings something that even Jax found it hard to do. "Focus," Jax repeated. Caltin did sound like his master. Focus, focus, focus admittedly that was Jax's weakness dating back to when he was a youngling. He was criticized for paying attention to the little things than understanding the big picture. It was that lack of focus is what hurt Jax at Korriban and at Ziost paying dearly both times.

"Well I got the taunting part down to an artform I'd say," Jax shrugged looking at his Lightsaber. "Mind games are important to keep your opponents on your toes."

He could count how many people he pissed off over the years with his devil may care attitude. It was what gave Jax the edge in a duel and it also calmed his nerves and keeping entertained through the fight. Jax always said that he had to laugh even the face of Armageddon other wise he would be driven to madness. "The key to Juyo is to focus," Jax said. "A bit ironic considering the Sith I faced often were like wild animals with Juyo."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom