Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hidden Magicks

Zavzen walked down the ramp of The Eternal Saviour and out onto one of the walkways that was necessary on the hellish planet he had arrived at. Mustafar was what many considered hell to look like. Rivers of lava cut there way across the planet, consuming all but the lowest fraction of land. Volcanoes constantly erupted sending ash into the air as well as the smell of sulphur. Small hills of land broke the surface of the deadly seas here and there, casting shadows. Fountains of the deadly liquid would spew from the rivers, threatening to consume everything.

The zabrak had come to this place to learn the old Sith Magicks so as to extend his breadth of knowledge and increase possible skills. He had heard of a woman from rumours originating from the bowls of society and had tracker her down to request training in the ancient skill he sort to learn.

Zavzen soon hurried inside, bare feet ringing against the metal runway, the Force protecting them, while his cloak flapped around his legs. He was currently wearing his black, silk tunic fully open, baring his chest, and black, silk trousers along with his cloak. He was wearing a sash around his waist which had two sheaths tied to it so that they were resting on his left hip, each sheath holding one of the Force Swords he had created. On his right thigh a leather holster was strapped, containing his blaster pistol while his lightsaber were hidden within his tunic.

[member="Enigma"]

[member="Zavzen Sae'ryx"]

"Dark taint." Strange. This Zabrak appeared to have some rationale for being here, but it was quite difficult to decipher. "Why have you come here?" Doubts existed that he would be able to take on a Sith Lord, but they always had been a somewhat hot-tempered species. "Is it training you seek? If you look for the bloodlust of your ancestors, go elsewhere. There is nothing for you here but the darkest and most arcane arts."

A fair enough warning to the young lad. Whatever trouble he got in wasn't going to be on me.

[member="Enigma"]

"I am not here for the bloodlust of my ancestors, as you put it." Zavzen said in response to the woman's inquiry. "I am here for the arcane arts you mentioned. I humbly ask that you take me on as a student in the ancient magicks." Zavzen bowed slightly before the blond woman, eyes never leaving her as his instincts warned him that she could easily beat him.

(OOC: Sorry if this is short, I'm tired and stuck for ideas)

(OOC: Wouldn't be the only one, so no worries.)

"Very well. Step forward." The best way to practice with the basic stages of Sith sorcery involved the usage of blood. The blood of the wielder, the blood of another... it wasn't truly that important. What mattered was that the life energy within the blood could be manipulated by the power of the Dark Side for a variety of malicious effect. That was how things would work best. If he was unable to sacrifice even a small amount... Well, he wouldn't cut it.

"Hold out your hand."

Zavzen stared at the woman for a minuet studying her face and eyes, not once moving to hold out his hand. Eventually he did hold out his hand but not towards the woman. Instead of trusting another with his blood, he had done research on the magicks, he instead drew his own sword, Reaper, to inflict a shallow slice to his hand. Cupping his palm he let the blood pool. The whole time he said nothing and continued to stare at the woman he had approached for teaching.

[member="Enigma"]

She slowly but surely focused, bringing a small stone to the front of him, levitating it cautiously in front of the air in question. "I want you now to use the power of your blood. Imbue it with the Force and disintegrate this insufferable piece of rubble." Blood was the basis of traditional Sith sorcery, though there were many variants - one could only guess which one was best.

Circe had no idea herself. Fusion was better than focus in her opinion.

[member="Enigma"]

Nodding, Zavzen let his focus extend into the air as he sought out the blood he had just spilled within his senses. Finally finding it he reached out and directed the Force to flow through it, to empower it. He mainly directed Bogan, that Dark, but he tempered it with Ashla, the light. He knew that the Magicks required the Dark but he curious to see what would happen. When he had felt that enough Force was now imbued inside his blood he focused and reached out to use the power to destroy the rubble. As he did so, something compelled him to whisper: "Ardyti!" A blast of pure energy rocketed at the rock and, when it hit, turned it into dust. Zavzen, however, didn't come out of it perfect. The palm of his hand was badly burnt.

"Not bad." She clapped. "Not bad at all." A smile crossed her face as she pondered over the potential the Zabrak in front of her wielded. "While I don't know how much potential you have, you have just proven to me that you have the potential to learn about the secrets of Sith Sorcery. Come with me." She motioned for the trainee to walk to the east exit from the room they were in, down a hallway to what was the Trayus Core. Here would be the first puzzle that she would put him through.

The first of many. Or the first of few. She was unsure.

[member="Enigma"]

Zavzen turned to follow the woman at her gesture, but he still kept his guard up despite now trusting her minutely, his hand still on his sword. "I have two questions, my lady." He said as he followed, "First, what is your name? And second, how will my training be done?"

(OOC: Sorry for the short post.)

"You may call me Enigma," she responded, never taking her eyes off the Zabrak in question. "Your training will be done in the traditional Sith style - there will be trials and tests, all that fanciful stuff. If you pass, then you will be given access to what you need to begin your journey into the world of sorcery." She paused, seeking to catch him off guard.

"At Marka Ragnos's funeral, the traditional Sith burial ritual was followed, placing all Sith Lords in attendance in a perfect circle. Ludo Kressh, the future enemy of Naga Sadow, was in the coveted sixth position, directly across from the bodiless Simus in the sixteenth position. How many Sith Lords participated in the ritual?"

[member="Enigma"]

Zavzen grew quiet as he pondered the answer to the question. He knew that sixth and sixteen were the two points of the circle that met along the same diameter line, the line would separate the circle into halves. There would be nine people between the two points, doubling that gives eighteen. Add the sixth and sixteenth positions and the answer is twenty. "I would have to say there were twenty Sith Lords that participated. However, if I remember my history right, Naga Sadow arrived at the funeral late but he was there and may have participated, even if it was in some minor way. So, if you include him there were twenty one Sith Lords."

She raised an eyebrow, impressed that he would know about that extra particular. "Very good... You went above and beyond what was needed in order to answer that question. Now, here is another one - Naga Sadow, when discussing the secrets of Sith alchemy, said he required three things. What were they?"

If he knew this one, she would be quite surprised.

[member="Enigma"]

Zavzen once again fell quiet as he considered the answer to the question. "I am unsure." He eventually admitted, "I can hazard a guess that one of these components is blood, considering that blood is what you asked of me earlier. But beyond that, I am unsure."

"Your datapad should, through this location's holonet connection, be able to find the answer." It would likely be simple enough were he to look up basic articles on Sith magic and sorcery. The quotation was reasonably well-known, after all, albeit not exceedingly so in any which way.

There was no time limit Circe had set, though - that was always a good thing.

"Indeed. Now, let's begin with something a bit easy to pull off. A basic-level Sorcery spell. This one in question is called Aura of Uneasiness. It generates a field of emotion-altering energy that causes individuals in close proximity to you to feel very uncomfortable, nervous, and occasionally downright fearful of you."

She motioned for him to clasp his hands together. "Focus deep on generating that sense of anti-calm."

[member="Enigma"]

Zavzen did as he was told, clasping his hands in front of him, before focusing on his emotions. Slowly he tried to create the feeling that had been described, mix of nervousness and fear, before calling on the Dark Side so as to start to emit the feeling into the area around him.

"Good... But you can do better than that." She smiled. "Come on... Make people really uneasy with that aura. Just go ahead and let it get stronger. Try and, I dunno, exude such an aura that it makes me sick to my stomach just to look at you. I insist."

Hopefully this would work out rather well.

[member="Enigma"]

Nodding at what was said, Zavzen reached, metaphorically, into his mind to draw upon his darkest emotions. His idea was that instead of inducing fear he should focus on radiating darker emotions, mainly anger, hatred and rage. First he focussed on Envy, calling on the memories of his time as a slave when he would look out at the 'normal' kids on the streets with parents and want what they had. Second, he focused on Hatred and Rage, picturing the day he saw his mother killed for sport for a fat Hutt and the memory of his father and best friend being whipped to death. Then he focused on Fear, calling upon his experiences of abuse at the hands of his Hutt Master when he was a teenager and still a slave. He repeated this pattern the whole time, drawing on experiences of his past to fuel dark emotions.

Calling on the Dark Side, the zabrak did focussed on first producing the aura at a very weak level then increasing the strength of the emotions. Even when he was doing all of this, the aura didn't seem to have that final kick to Zavzen. Casting his mind around for ideas he remembered reading about chanting in Sith Sorcery and a theory that the chanting worked as a placebo, subconscious guiding the mind to achieve the wanted out come. Think back on his study of the Ancient Sith language that most chanting and casting used, he quickly threw together a chant and hoped it would would.

Focussing again on the Dark he began to whisper, slowly, the chant. "Dotacij tave Fhlytetija iv Yda ir Naile, Koktus ir Silpnuma iv tave Dvast ant tave suptiman plota. Felien sh'jatau tave Fhlytetija iv tave Shhadzuska ir Jena'tes. Xuontai edoui anas lenkti kia tave Thlytetija iv Yda ir Naile, Koktus ir Silpnuma iv tave Dvasi. Dotacij tave Midwan iv tave Thlytetija iv tave Thjadzuska."

(OOC: If you want the translation of what is chanted, feel free to ask)

And what was the result? Circe did end up feeling rather nauseous in his presence, the unease rising within her as she considered turning away. But she stood her ground, smiling as she eyed over the apprentice. "Excellent... A proper application of Sith magic at its most basic levels. You performed more than adequately, and here is your reward." She paused, motioning to a rack on the wall. "These books detail the names of various Sith spells. I'm willing to teach you another one. Take your pick."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom