Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi! Which way is up...

[member="Brent Warnel"]

Welcome to Chaos!

You get a pretty nifty PM from Tefka that should link you to all the beginner basics (White envelope at the top of the page). Let me know if you have any specific questions though. :)

Uh oh! I never received any mail with links. I did read all the rules and went through the character creation page and have been reading some of the threads to see how the RP is here. I probably have the same basic questions every newby does, is there a post with a beginners guide?

[member="Brent Warnel"]

Welcome bipedal organic unit!

Character Creation is where you create and post your Character Bio.
Once you create your Bio, you can copy/paste the hyperlink.
Then, on the top-left of the screen, click on your profile picture.
Click on Edit My Profile on the top-right
You should see "Character Bio Link" as the last option on that page.
Paste the hyperlink in the appropriate box and click save.

Roleplay Discussion is where you go to find people to roleplay with and to discuss OOC issues or thread ideas.

Factions is where you can find threads by factions that are currently seeking to entice you to join them.

Open Roleplaying is where most threads take place. You are allowed to join any thread that is listed as Public

Map is where you can see the galactic map, and which major faction owns what. This is both meaningless and all-important.

Rules are listed here. In the odd, crazy format that Tefka created. Btw. Tefka is lord and master of this website. Fear him.

The Factory and Codex are purely optional.
But, if you wish to use them, they are for the creation of any non-canon or canon-based items that you wish to use in roleplay. You do not have to use these resources, but writers will occasionally ask you to submit a suit of armor or a weapon there if you are using a vague and generic weapon or bit of equipment in a very specific or (potentially) overpowered way. The factory is for companies, technology, vehicles, and spaceships. The Codex is for planets, species, locations (buildings or cities or such), and NPCs (either individual, named NPCs or NPC units like a platoon of infantry).
(non-canon meaning items that you would not find on Wookieepedia)

The Marketplace is where you can buy some of the many neat items created by some of our more insane members.

If you have any further questions... please let anyone know. Most of us would be glad to help you get situated.

[member="Brent Warnel"]

No problem. Also, if you click the Mention link under each person's name on the left side of your screen (make sure to add a , and space between each mention), that person will get a notification letting them know that you are addressing them directly in a thread or discussion.

You can also get the same effect by typing

@ Brent Warnel (take out the space between the @ and the name)
[member="Brent Warnel"]

Another neat bit of "code" that you can use for you posts is the

Spoiler
hidden things

To do that you type

Spoiler
hidden things

It lets you hide an OOC comment to another writer in an IC post, or it lets you take a long list of Mention'd names and hide them from cluttering the post. In the case of writers using a large force of NPC's or multiple spaceships in competitive writing, writers will often use Spoilers so that they can include a list and some hyperlinks to the Codex or Factory page for their specific army/navy without cluttering their posts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom