Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Hey Honey...I'm Alive

The Reaper of Won Shasot
Well...it seemed that the galaxy was in roughly the same condition that Dax had left it. He was still deep within ORC territory, so that meant he wasn't going to be immediately killed if he landed on another planet. And that in turn had meant it was safe to retrieve the Azalea from Won Shasot. The ex-Marshal's flagship was still in pristine condition, despite the thick layer of dust that had coated the control console.

It had turned out that a skeleton crew had remained on the Azalea. Men and women that had stayed to assist the Shasoti and advance what sub-par tech they had. Engineers, navigators mostly. Halzyn had left to do what he did best. Not that Dax could blame him. Still, there were enough people here to get Azalea back out of the atmosphere. But where to now? Well...a new crew was necessary...and Dax knew a place where some ex-soldiers and Judges might be interested in some honorable bounty hunting.

Demonsgate...

Kimiko Taiyou Kimiko Taiyou

A light snow was still falling as Life Day festivities were coming to a close across the imperial lands. The revelers had begun the process of preparing for the new year festival as tents were pitched and storefronts swapped their wares. Kimiko herself had joined in the preparations as was the standard for her rule. Always a part of whatever her subjects were embarked in. Though even as her grip on the system tightened, many welcomed the young empress with open arms.

The build-up had been put on pause, by imperial decree, too allow those with families to enjoy some home time before operations resumed. It was something little she could do, but it made all the difference for her people's morale. Her own family had taken the time to spend the holidays with one another,and prepare for the next adventure.

Minus one...

It had been a pain waiting on word of a missing husband, especially during a time of constant conflict within the Outer Rim. She had shouldered on regardless, falling into whatever she could do to occupy her mind.

Meanwhile, an Akaran scanner team spotted a craft moving on their sensors...the Azalea...and after short debate, quickly moved to get an alert up the chain.

Dax Perl Dax Perl

The Reaper of Won Shasot

Dax hadn't spent much time on Demonsgate, but it reminded him a lot of home. Or rather, the place he'd called home. Though not as full of sand and full of murderous tribesman out to kill or enslave anyone they saw fit, Demonsgate was its own little volcanic desert of 'fun'. And just like Tatooine, a number of cities and settlements had eventually popped up across the planet's surface. Not only that, but this fireball of a planet also happened to be the Coalition's capital planet, and home to Judge's main office. Even if Dax was no longer the Grand Marshal, he was willing to bet that his name still had weight there, and if he needed info on where to find a good crew, it'd be here.

---

The door's of the building slid open with a hiss as Dax walked in. No one gave him even a second glance, not that the man was particularly surprised. This was the Rim after all. "Pardon, but I was hoping you could help me with something," the Rogue said to the Twi-Lek woman manning the desk. "Sorry, but if you're looking for bounty hunters you've come to the wrong-" the woman looked up from her terminal and at the face of a smirking Dax. "Feth! Marshal Fyre? Er, ex-Marshal, uhm, I'm sorry, how can I help you?" Good to see the policy on formalities hadn't changed. The man chuckled, "I'm in need of a new crew. Some bounty-hunter types who don't mind going against impossible odds, sometimes for free and loyal till the end. Know of anywhere I could find people like that?"
"I think I know just the place for you. Here," the Twi-lek said as pulled something up on her terminal and showed it to Dax. A cantina. Just the kind of place Da was thinking. "Thanks," the Rogue said, turning. "And tell Cotan he can keep the chair. Spot's his now."

---

This bar was just like any other around these parts. Full of gyus looking for fights, looking for business, or a mix of both. Dax, for his part, was fine sitting at the counter watching everyone. He didn't particularly care if anyone spotted him, what he did care about was how they were acting. Unfortunately, no one seemed to have caught his eye yet. This might just end up being a bust...

It had only been several hours since she was stirred and briefed on the current events. She was still in the throes of her resting state and still hardly believed this was something that warranted her attention.

The supreme commander entered the little operations center and eyed the display monitor,"So, the Azalea has departed Won Shasot and made port at Demonsgate?" all she received were blank stares in return. The woman sighed before moving to another console bank,"Fine, just to put you all at ease, let's give them a call." her irritation plain as day as she pressed a key to begin hailing the bridge,"Naval Vessel Azalea, this is Akaran Command, we currently have you ported at Demonsgate. Can you confirm?" she released the key, eagerly waiting the return transmission.

Dax Perl Dax Perl

The Reaper of Won Shasot
"Aka- mand. Feth. Get th-" The transmission came through, choppy, marred with static, but they were receiving. A few more broken attempts at a transmission flitted into being through the holoprojector, only to fizzle out of existence moments later. "Fething thank you. Akaran Command, we read you. Now who the hell wants to know where we're docked?" Whatever interference had occurred, it was clear now and the hologram of an irritated, middle-aged man with bags under his eyes appeared before the woman. "Commander Chika," the hologram stated, suddenly recognizing the woman as a clear image came through to his end, "My apologies ma'am. Yes, we've docked at Demonsgate for the time being. The captain was looking to replenish the crew. I'm sure he'll be happy see you. If I recall correctly, he spoke of you rather fondly. Dax is planetside right now, I can patch you through if you'd like."

Last edited:
Dax...now that wasn't a name she had heard in some time. Add that to him speaking highly of her...

Chika paused, stunned at the reveal of Dax being among the vessel once again, processed the situation...or at least attempted to,"Y-you stated Dax, er, Lord Fyre is with the crew?" she managed.

Turning to the watch standers, she quickly spoke after a moment,"Send a runner. Summon the Empress."

Dax Perl Dax Perl

The Reaper of Won Shasot
The woman on the other end of the line appeared to be surprised at the statement. Shocked, even. "Y-es," the acting captain replied, "Well, technically. The crew is here, he's on Demonsgate. He tried to make contact before, but there was no response. No one told you?"

Still on Demonsgate, but another pub. Of the list of watering holes that the Twi-lek had given him, this one had been the most promising. Former soldiers, law enforcement, even a couple Jedi-gone-Rogue or retired Judges hiding in the nooks and crannies. And also Dax's last hope of finding someone not hyped up on so much spice they could bleed the blasted stuff. And there Dax was again, watching, glass in hand, waiting to see who would walk through those doors.

The message was sent, and the dredge of waiting had begun. She had looked around the room at the watch, her commanding gaze questioning the validity of the comment. Though silent, her message was clear. The senior watch officer excused himself to gather the recent duty standers.

Chika released a sigh before turning back to the console,"Unfortunately I have not heard anything of the sort. The Empress has allowed a slightly more robust holiday break for us, and we've been enjoying it. For the time being though, while we await the Empress's audience, do tell...what has had Lord Fyre been occupied with that it has kept him away for so long?"

Dax Perl Dax Perl

The Reaper of Won Shasot
The apparent First Mate listened carefully. A holiday break? Well, color him jealous. But...there were more troublesome matters to attend to than the lack of a holiday for the fledgling crew.
"What has had Lord Fyre been occupied with that it has kept him away for so long?"
The officer suddenly seemed very flustered. "Uhm...well...let's just say he was...incapacitated? To put it diplomatically. It'll be better if the captain explains himself. It's quite uh...quite the story. Could hardly believe it myself." Whatever it was that had occupied Dax's time for so long, it clearly seemed to put the man on edge as he shifted his weight back and forth between his two feet.

Chika was getting nowhere with Dax's crew, and found herself rubbing the bridge of her nose in frustration. She couldn't believe what was transpiring and the longer this went on, the more hair was likely to be pulled out. Her attention once again turned to the staff present,"Where is the Empress?" she asked sternly, causing a few of the officers to flinch.

"Yes, the Captain better explain himself as soon as he is able. I am sure there are a few here who would like to hear his story..." she said threateningly to the officer on the other end...

Meanwhile...

The small group of children ran off laughing joyfully, sated by the gift they had just received. The parents of the young litter bowed,"Thank you, Your Grace, for such a kind act. We are sure to treasure it." they spoke to Kimiko before parting ways. A little ways away, the runner spoke animatedly to her personal guard, catching her eye. Before she could make it to their location, they shouted for her,"Mi'lady, there is urgent news for you back at the palace. Lady Takami has summoned you!"

Dax Perl Dax Perl

The Reaper of Won Shasot
The first mate chuckled nervously as Chika barked her threat at him. "He he...yeah, like I said. It's best if the Captain explains. It wouldn't quite make sense if I were to try to recount it. Something to do with the Force and an afterlife, or some nonsense." Whether or not the Captain actually held any faith in the Force was left unanswered. The curious part of the statement however...afterlife.
"I don't really unerstand those Force types. A whole lot of mysticism and smoke and mirrors in my opinion. Well, barring the Captain. Kind of. Very to the point when he wants to be. Would make for a good general if he knew a damned thing about strategy." The rambling went on and on, most likely to the annoyance of Chika, at least until another voice beamed through the call. "Uh...sir? The captain is requesting security be prepped? Something about finding a new recruit...don't know what that's about."

As much as she agreed that the ways of the Force were well beyond her knowledge, the wait was now officially grinding her patience down.

Then suddenly, to most of their relief, Kimiko rushed into the room. Chika muttered a thank and stood to greet the Empress,"Grace, I have a direct link to the bridge of the Azalea." she turned back to the mic,"You're all hers now." she moved aside and Kimiko took her place.

"I hear my husband has come out hiding..."

Dax Perl Dax Perl

The Reaper of Won Shasot
"Greetings, your, uh...your Highness," the man on the other end of the holo said, with a nervous bow, clearly uncertain of how he should behave. "The captain hasn't exactly been 'in hiding', ma'am." The man shuffled back and forth, attempting to gather his thoughts into a coherent enough sentence. Which was quite the challenge given he hardly understood what was going on himself. "He was...well...he was...not capable of entering his body. I think. Sort of? As I told the Commander here, the Captain can explain better. Although, from what I understand he's currently preoccupied with a bar fight on Demonsgate."

Kimiko raised a quizzical brow and glanced at Chika, who only offered an equally confused shrug. I guess time doesn't change a whole lot for some. She returned her attention to the display, attempting to recognize the person with whom she conversed but to no avail. She did catch the current exploits and chuckled,"I guess some things will always remain the same. Well, you can pass a message for me: Once he is done getting his exploits out of his system, he is more than welcome to contact me. And tell him I'll be there soon." she finished and suddenly cut the transmission to everyone's surprise.

Though not skipping a beat, she turned and began ordering in a rather collected manner,"Chika, recall the crew of the Cyaron, and prepare to leave immediately." and before anyone could respond, she departed with her guard.

Dax Perl Dax Perl

The Reaper of Won Shasot
"Will do ma-" the transmission cut out before the acting captain could even get the sentence out. This was why he preferred the engineering deck..."Communications, let the Captain know his wife's on the way. And I don't think she's happy..."

---

It wasn't much more than an hour later that one God-King Dax Fyre, Conqueror of Won Shasot and the Five Sects, insert other titles here, returned to the Azalea, a small number of people in tow, all the kinds of people you expected to see in the Outer Rim. Rough and tumble, eager for the right fight kind of people. "Alright ladies and gents, Korsic here will show you to your quarters," Dax said to the motley crew, gesturing towards a kiffar man. "If you have any affairs to settle you've got twelve hours." With that the group departed to follow Korsic, and Yerba, the engineer with whom Chika and Kimiko had been speaking with, approached Dax. "Captain, uh, we were contacted. By Akaran High Command. Your wife, the Empress, wanted me to tell you to feel free to contact her. And that she'll be here soon."
"Here, as in Demonsgate?"
"I assume so." Dax made a surprised look. Since he'd woken up, he had no clue where she was, and now all of a sudden she's headed to him? Well, that didn't really surprise Dax. That was absolutely something that Ki would do. But still, it was out of no where.
"Well. I guess we have royalty to greet. Let the rest of the crew no to be on their best behavior. I'll be in my quarters." Dax turned and began to walk towards his room, "...hoping she doesn't kill me."

Cyaron transitioned from hyperspace as close to the planet as comfortable. Kimiko had been shut into her quarters for the duration of the trip, and the rest of her crew worried for her. Her mind raced, and she allowed herself this little bit of time to think of what she was to do when she laid eyes on her husband, or who she thought was her husband.

"Azalea, Cyaron is inbound, and requesting to dock on port side-er, more of a demand really." the rookie comms officer sent to the other vessel as Chika watched from the captain's rise. It wasn't long before they were given the go-ahead and Chika opened a private channel to Ki,"We're about to dock Ki, starboard side, I'll make sure it's clear for ya."

The woman sighed long and loud, her thoughts fell to the unfortunate crew and master of the other ship, May the Force be with you Dax...you're gonna need it.

~~~

The airlock hatch hissed open, revealing a welcome committee of sorts. Ki stormed right past them, against their protests, and headed towards the bridge. A slew of emotions welled up within her, driving her steps...

Dax Perl Dax Perl

The Reaper of Won Shasot
"Cyaron, you're cleared to dock," Azalea's officer replied, before muttering under his breath, "not like we have a fething choice..."

Dax walked in moments later, sabers hanging from his belt as always. One of the new recruits, well, sort of, Ex-Marshal Brill, a violet-haired woman who had served under Dax when he was still Grand Marshal of the Judges, had taken up the role of first mate. "Hey, Cap. The Cyaron is docking now."
"Well. She knows her way here. Make sure the rest of the crew is outta the blast radius, wouldya?"
The woman chuckled with a devilish smirk, knowing full well what kind of hell was about to kick down Dax's door. "Copy that, Cap'n. Good luck, may the Force be with you."
Dax shook his head and waved the woman off, who began to shepherd anyone who didn't need to be on the bridge, out.

Dax could already feel Ki's Force presence on the ship. As strong and as determined as ever. He'd know that signature anywhere. The real question was...would she recognize his now? The ragged, torn, ghost of a signature that was once so powerful? Could she feel it at all?

Last edited:
Her venture through familiar corridors didn't take long for her to reach the bridge.

The hatch hissed open, and she stared. The man in the captain's chair felt familiar but was not at the same time. She reached out, attempting to discern what had become of him, finding traces of the man she once knew alongside more and more differing signs of something or someone new.

She began slowly making her way towards him, holding back tears and studying Dax's physical form. It was not one she recognized at all and it saddened her. His face was one she had loved and spent so much time with, but it wasn't all at the same time.

When she stood just out of his reach, she paused, taking a moment to finish her physical and non-physical evaluations. Once complete, she took a final step in and quickly raised her hand, bringing it down hard across his cheek. The sound caused the present crew and those in earshot to turn their attention to the source in shock. But after a moment of silence that followed, the sound of soft sobbing could be heard as she looked on him,"I know it's you Dax, but you're not the same as you were when you left. What happened to you? Where did you disappear to? Why didn't you tell me what was happening? I...I...thought you had been lost without a trace...None of my agents heard anyhting of your whereabouts...and now you're back?! Wh-What am I supposed to...and the kids Dax?" she began an emotions filled ramble before suddenly stopping and throwing herself around him now fully sobbing into his shoulder.

Dax Perl Dax Perl

The Reaper of Won Shasot
The bridge had been emptied entirely. Just the beeping consoles and the stars that could be seen out the viewport to keep Dax company while he waited for the meeting he only now realized made him so nervous. He hadn't avoided coming home before. In fact, he'd been on his way when he got a distress call he couldn't ignore. Dax wouldn't be a very good uncle if he'd let his niece get married off to some creeping spice-running bird-man. After that though...things just kept coming up. A missing weapon shipment here. Hostage situation there. He'd been avoiding his family, the people he claimed to love, and he hadn't even realized it.

Why?

A heavy sigh left the lips of a body that didn't quite fit the man. Dax felt tired as he sat down in the captain's chair and just stared out at the stars. He felt ragged, like he'd just ran a marathon. Once upon a time, this view could've taken his breath away and calmed him all at once. But now the stars only served to witness what was about to unfold.

The sound of the bridge doors hissing open and shut drew Dax's attention. He didn't need to turn and look to know who it was. He could feel her. The man straightened in his seat as the sound of boots falling heavily on the floor drew closer.

The Empress of Akarui stood in front of Dax, carefully scrutinizing each of his features. It was the same face he wore. The same eyes, the same hair, even the same DNA. But it wasn't his face. It wasn't the battle-tired, broken nosed, rough, dry from the sun face that Ki knew. He had a thousand scars, but it was as if all those on the surface had been wiped away clean.

Kimiko, for her part, was the still the same. Small, fox-eared, white-haired. And beautiful and confident. She was the same woman that he'd left behind more than three years ago. And those striking eyes, bright with determination. Dax could feel a well of emotions spring into his chest. The man span the wedding band around his finger with his thumb. It was all he could do to retain his composure.

Smack!

The sound of a hand striking flesh echoed in the empty bridge, shattering the silence. A stinging sensation accompanied the thousands of questions that poured out of Kimiko until finally, she broke down and threw her now sobbing form at Dax. The Rogue drew his wife into his arms and held her tightly, as if he were afraid she was just an illusion as he too felt hot tears well in his eyes. "I'm sorry, Ki," he choked out. "I'm so sorry, I never meant to leave you, any of you. I-" There were no more words that Dax could force out. And none that could express what the man wanted to say or how he felt. All the pain he'd endured. How badly he missed his wife, his family. How dearly he loved them. How thankful he was to just hold her in his arms again. "I love you. I'm sorry."

Last edited:
The embrace lasted for several moments, she had heard the sincerity in his voice and felt it as well. She had calmed herself before managing to pull away, wiping her eyes and finally looking up to him. Her hand reached up and caressed the reddened hand print,"I love you as well and I am happy you have returned."

Ki attempted a smile,"Now I know you are replenishing your crew currently, but what is it you are to pursue next dear?"

Dax Perl Dax Perl

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom