Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heroes Without Glory (Open)

Well, this was just ridiculous. Perhaps it was [member="Clarisse Silver"]'s time of the month, for this lady had gone through many moods in a matter of moments. He didn't really care if she was sad for him, though it was funny how desperately she was trying to make herself out to be on the higher moral ground in this instance. "Yes, I'm the one who has mistaken your intentions," Ballen-Ist repeated, nearly dying of uncontrollable laughter. The woman had nearly soiled herself upon leaving the cantina, he wondered what she had thought he would do.

This was simply pathetic. Remaining unflinching and keeping up his stare, the Knight would watch as the Chiss rose to her feet, most likely to eventually take her leave. She was probably tired of being played with, and the Red Sith could not blame her. There had been such spite in her earlier monologues(the parts he cared to listen to), that it would be mind blowing to think this woman did not possess any anger within her. It was obvious she did, though if she wanted to remain delusional that was perfectly fine.

Ballen-Ist didn't deny his passion, he embraced his emotions. What exactly was she getting at? She thought he cared? It only went to show how well he had toyed with her mind. She even found herself saying that she 'understood his struggle.' What did that even mean? Hadn't she said that she never claimed to understand another's pain? Even more comedic was the fact she assumed he was in pain. It was quite the opposite, but that didn't matter. He was simply playing with her. "Please, oh noble Jedi. Guide me to the light?" He mocked, a bit surprised by how easy it all had been.

At that she cracked up. "For someone so dark you do have a sense of humour." She WAS angry, that much was true, but as most people understood sadness and anger came hand in hand, but apparently not this one. She did speak to him, "You still insist on my own emotions?" That much was truly pathetic she had to admit. He was so used to only feeling negative emotions he didn't even understand what it meant to be sentient. "I understand your feelings, I have felt them, it is only sad that you cannot recognize them as such."

She wiped away the tears from her eyes and laughed slightly once more. "By the way, it's called a meditative state, not an elaborate plan, you think to much." She was done, her conscience was clear now. "And Ballen-Ist, you misread me earlier I believe, I was not scared of you, I was scared that I might be forced to take a life, but I have seen that yours is already blackened." She sighed heavily now, attempting a somewhat kind face at the Sith, "I need a drink!" She exclaimed.

He may have been right with one thing, she did switch between emotions rather quickly, but that came with being a living creature. There was nothing to be achieved from any sort of conflict, and the silent cockiness of the Sith made it impossible to fight him anyways. "I reeaally need a drink." She made her way back into the cantina, stopping for a moment beside him to say, "You mistake me for an enemy, as I did you, but there is no turmoil." Then she continued on in.

[member="Ballen-Ist"]

[member="Clarisse Silver"] continued to insist that she understood Ballen-Ist, but she hardly scratched the surface. It seemed as if she were retreating now too, having lost their game of wits. It was something the Red Sith excelled at, it was rather easy with these Jedi types. They thought they understood everything, even things they had yet to experience. Truly laughable. Apparently he was the one that thought too much, even though the Chiss had been the one scrambling for ways to evade death.

Did she still not release that he held her life firmly in his grasp, and that he could've taken it at any moment? It seems she had failed to realize this, and continued to do so even as she spoke as if she hadn't. At her comment of needing a drink, the smile behind the Sith's mask couldn't help but widen. "Yes, go and have your drink, continue to bask in your self-righteousness,"

Had she forgotten that she was the one in the wrong, the law breaker by definition? What a hilarious lowlife. "There is no turmoil, because you are a coward," he continued as she stopped next to him, addressing the fact that she had backed out of the fight she had attempted to start. She had been the aggressor, and if she failed to see that then she was lost. She was so absorbed in her 'power' that she thought it necessary to embrace death under the guise of heroism. Was she that miserable with her failures? "Farewell, cretin." the Knight spoke clearly, having lost all respect for the Chiss at this point. She had seemed to have some sense, but was nothing more than a plaything to the Pureblood.

She still sighed. "You mistake so much." She opened the cantina doors and stepped inside, whispering to herself, "So much..."

[member="Ballen-Ist"]

OOC: Is it just your character or do you actually think she was the aggressor?

Filius Stellarum

F
[member="Clarisse Silver"][member="Ballen-Ist"]
Filius watched in rapt attention as the woman retreated back into the cantina. He didn't fully understand what ha just happened, but he was rather intrigued nonetheless. Deciding that he could probably capitalize on this situation, he walked up to the Sith.

"If you need her gone," he said, "I can make sure she disappears for quite a long time."

[member="Nara Basaar"] [member="Eliza Steele"]

"Oh but Eliza, you know that embellishment is but the oil with which any worthy storyteller paints his canvas," he said through his smile. Emerald eyes flecked with gold had not lost their sparkle from the beers he'd put away already.

"However..." he said with a cock of the head. "...thinking back to that party on that mando station, I bet what you really want to hear about is how Kairon has set up shop with another smuggling lass," he said with a mischievous smirk. Now that was certain to get her attention.

"Oh and is your friend joining us?" he asked, nodding towards the Twi'lek who had laughed at Eliza's earlier remark. Cheeky as feth to ask for a drink then invite another along, but then the audacious youth had never been one for standing on circumstance.

The Corellian Rose (retired)
"Ri-ght," Eliza answered with a slight quirk of her sienna brow. Where did the kid come up with this stuff? Always spouting off poetic nonsense.

When [member="Asmus Janes"] brought up his uncle's new situation, the petite smuggler mocked hurt and surprise. "Be still my heart. [member="Kairon Rees"] has gone and settled himself?" she quipped, then flashed a small smile. "Good for him. Hope it works out... Who is it?"

It wasn't that the spirited Corellisi didn't like the ol' kute. He was a nice enough fella. It was more that Steele had been pulled into the smuggling feud between Rees and her partner at the time, [member="Jace Trent"].

The brunette's dark chocolate gaze followed Asmus' cock of the head towards a young blue-skinned Twi'lek ([member="Nara Basaar"]) at the other end of the bar.

"She's not my…. Oh, I see. The more the merrier. Invite her over. No one should drink alone," Eliza replied, then made her way over to a corner table and pulled out the chair against the wall so she had a great view of the main entrance and back exit as well as the bar as a whole. The Corellisi hoped for no more trouble, but one never knows especially on Nar Shaddaa.

[member="Eliza Steele"]

"I know, right!" Asmus exclaimed incredulously, both eyebrows high in a mock expression of shock. "I was certain he was destined to be a hermit forever. Asmus sat down, back to the bar. Had he been sober, he still likely would have remained oblivious to the trouble behind him.

"Actually you were with the Merchant Fleet when we helped out the Alliance right? See a woman about this high, mousy brown hair. Tends to walk around with this massive droid. Well anyway we dropped him off at Naboo for a week so he could take some time off. Turns out he was going out with Mal. Had some pep in his step when he came back aboard, that's for sure! So what have you been up to?"

@Z'Zharen

Zamza had been sitting in a dark corner of the bar with his face shadowed and hiding his features. He still had an extremely large price out on his head and he did not want to attract more attention to himself. Before him sat a glass of corellian whiskey its scent overpowering his nose. He had ordered the drink for show, whenever something you eat or drink could be drugged one learned not to take chances unless they saw it being made or did it themselves. As usual the bar was roudy however it served its purpose, it allowed Zamza to keep his ears to the ground for any news that came along or any other bounties that popped up. In his booth he wore a regular black white shirt and a black jacket with the hood pulled up to cover his cobalt hair.

Lavender hands cupped on the glass Zamza's pupil-less eyes scanned the bar as he saw a Whipid walk in. From the looks and walk of the being he looked injured, maybe tired. It was becoming more difficult to tell the more Zamza watched it. It was one of the few aliens he had yet to become acquainted with in the galaxy. Though meeting and studying the numerous species of the galaxy were not on the list of things he wanted to do.

"You listening Xim?!" The Nautolan sitting across from Zamza asked with a scowl.

"Of course I am. When will the ship be ready Kef?" Zamza said eyeing the smuggler. The smuggler was one of the first to notice Zamza on the planet however having saved him from a group of bounty hunters the Nautolan owed him.

"The bounty hunters know my ship. You'll still be hunted in it as there's a bounty on it."

"I'll worry about that." Zamza said and cocking his head as he caught what the whipid was saying.

"Activation code is SpicetheHutt. Its ready for you whenever you are. Dock twenty-one" The Nautolan said as he rose from his seat. "That's it we're even." He said as he turned to leave.

"One more favor." Zamza said reaching out and grabbing the nautolan's arm. While the Nautolan was incredibly large and muscular he froze in Zamza's grip. "Tell the Whipid at the bar to come here."

[member="Zamza Ra'Kira"]

The humanoids at the bar seemed to be distracted by the hooded figure who did indeed seem to cause some tension and unease in the air. "Pirates" Zhar thought to himself, he did not want to enter another confrontation. He sighed aloud and took another gulp of water from the pitcher in his large three fingered hand.

From the corner of his eye, Zhar thought he saw a being with lekkus approaching him. At first he thought it was the Twi'lek woman, but actually it was a Nautolin. The tentacled headed man gestured for Zhar to meet someone in the cantina. He turned around and glanced at a dark corner where he saw another hooded figure sitting alone.

Zhar thought of two possibilties, one someone had over heard his request for transport or this was a Bounty Hunter...sent by the Muun.

Zhar nodded at the Nautolin, there was only one to find out this man's intentions. Zhar gripped the staff tightly and motioned toward the dark corner of the cantina. Still recovering from his entanglement with the body guard droid, Zhar was not sure how fast he could react to an ambush. But he was prepared to take out as many Muun thugs as possible.

He arrived to the hooded man, he did not sit down, but stood across from him at the table. He would need all the room and time available to be ready to react for a fight. He spoke with a gravely voice "Who are you...why summon me?"

[member="Z'Zharen"]

Before the whipid had arrived at the table Zamza raised his hand ordering two more corellian whiskeys while pushing the first out of sight so no one could see. Didn't want to appear to suspicious. Placing one glass at the end of the table where the Whipid would sit Zamza sat his glass infront of himself waiting to be joined. At first he wasn't sure if the whipid would join him and didn't glance over as it could make people jittery if they saw his pupil-less eyes watching them. However his question was soon answered as the Whipid joined him.

A smile touching Zamza's lips he showed his brilliant white teeth. "I am nothing more then a simple man trying to make his way in the galaxy... A cruel galaxy that seems as though its filled with malice. I'm sure you can agree?" Zamza said motioning to the drink infront of the Whipid. "Go ahead drink, however I don't blame you if you don't. Trusting a drink I didn't make is the last thing I would want to do." Zamza said sliding his second glass deeper into the shadows.

"However I wanted you to join me because I heard you were looking for sanctuary. It just so turns out that I'm doing the same, but before I help you I need to know what you are in to that makes you search for a safe place on a cesspit planet such as this one." Zamza said having to be sure he could trust the Whipid. While Zamza did believe in helping anyone he could he did not believe in trust, at least not easily and he didn't want a mass murderer on the same ship on him.

[member="Zamza Ra'Kira"]

Zhar raised a brow muscle at the shadow man's offer to drink with him. The Whipid shifted his weight onto the electric staff he held in his right hand and waived his left hand in front of him. Gesturing that he did not want the drink, though really he did not trust the one was serving it.
"A simple man who also seeks sanctuary? I doubt a simple man would need to evade danger and cruelty on Nar Shada." The Whipid clasped the staff with both hands adjusting his posture to be more upright. "A cruel being wishes to force me into a life of servitude and despair. I seek a safe haven from my pursuer, off world if possible."

Zhar did not lie, but he did not see reason to expel the entire truth to this stranger. For all the young Whipid knew, this man could have been testing the waters to confirm if this was the correct Whipid the Muun might have put a bounty on..."Though how many of my kind could be on a world such as this?" Zhar thought to himself, he tried to peer under the man's hood. All he could see were the man's uncovered hands which looked like a shade of purple. A Chiss perhaps or a Pantoran? The Whipid was unsure how much the skin tones of either of those races varied, but race was unimportant. This man was still a stranger on a dangerous moon. "What did you have in mind to find safe haven?"

Laughing at the Whipids statement of Zamza being more then a simple man he took the drink and pushed it into the shadows along with his own. "You're completely right, I'm not a simple man looking for sanctuary on this planet. In fact this is the absolute worse place to be. All it takes is a price to be put on your head then everyone is after you." Zamza said becoming a bit more free. Over the time since his escape from the Xedael Empire he had released his strict military mentality and was much more free and at times spoke in riddles to confuse people. Some would liken him to a jedi the way he spoke and others would think him insane. Neither mattered to Zamza, no matter what one did someone would always talk about them and he had realized that from his time in the galaxy.

Feeling a pang of regret for the Whipid as he told Zamza why he wanted to get off world the positive manner Zamza had vanished. "I am sorry to hear that. I truly am, its similar for me... Well now my past captors want me dead. No being should be imprisoned when they did nothing to deserve it. I should know." Clearing his throat Zamza examined the whipid. Upon closer inspection he could see the Whipid was indeed injured and from the way it spoke it seemed honest. "Names Zamza, and I will be ridding through Republic Territory for a bit. If you want I can drop you off there. No one should come looking for you there."

[member="Z'Zharen"]

[member="Zamza Ra'Kira"]

The Whipid wanted to sit, but he wanted to leave this world even more so. He bowed his cloaked head to the shadow man who revealed his name to be Zamza. "I am Z'zharen."

The Whipid squinted trying to maintain his posture, he did not want to reveal how weak he truly was. He realized it was poor tactic to grab the prod end of an eletrical staff, but he was blinded by fear and desperation earlier. This pain is to serve as a reminder for him to be more mindful in his decisions and not give in so quickly to his emotions.

"Republic space would be suitable. I..." The Whipid paused. "I do not have credits, but can offer to trade work for transport."

[member="Z'Zharen"]

"Nice to meet you Z'Zharen." Zamza said noticing the squinting of the Whipids eyes. Either he was suspicious of Zamza or he was more injured then the latter had thought. "So how about we be on our way then?" Zamza asked as he slid out the booth and into the light for the first time of the night. The Whipid would be able to see the thin, well defined face of Zamza, and his pupil-less black eyes but thats all he'd see as Zamza quickly spun on his heels tossing a few credits on the table to pay for his drinks even though he hadn't taken a single sip from them.

"Republic space it is then. Though I won't be staying there long myself. I can't stay anywhere to long." Zamza said regretfully as he began to walk to the door of the bar his head low so the shadows of his hoodie could cover his face. With his hands tucked in his pockets he completely hid himself. "Credits don't matter to me." Zamza told Z'Zharen as they stepped out into the streets of Nar Shadaa. Assualted by the sounds of the wild city Zamza took a long breath in of their polluted air before speaking again. "I was in a bind similar to your own till recently. So I chose to do something about it, and I will not sit by while others try to escape the same thing. This trip is free."

[member="Zamza Ra'Kira"]

The thin man slid out from his shadowy booth, he turned quickly heading out of the cantina. Zhar did notice the man's eyes, pitch black. He had never encountered a race such as this. Zamza said he did not stay in one place for too long, this made Zhar snort. Ironic, this unknown alien had more Whipid instincts than Zhar himself. "You sound like a member of my tribe, always in motion."

They made it outside of the bar, the air was thick with pollution and sour scents. Zhar felt a little less pain, possibly less in his mind now that his hope was renewed. Zamza was offering free passage to the Republic. "You are...very generous Zamza. Even when I find sanctuary, I do not know what I should do. The past few years of my life I've only known one two things. Fight and survive."

The Whipid lumbered behind Zamza, wondering how long it would take them to reach his ship.

[member="Z'Zharen"]

"Oh I didn't know your species was tribal. You are actually the first I've seen of your species since I've come to the known parts of the galaxy." Zamza said as he began walking down the crowded streets his head bowed low not willing to look at the other passerby's. He had become good at making himself seem unimportant and as though he didn't exist. Often times people wouldn't even remember seeing Zamza in a crowd due to his skill in hiding himself and blending in. "I am not always in motion by choice though. I can not rest till my assailants give up on trying to have me killed Only then will I be able to stop and make a home. The Republic can't protect me hence why I don't stay in their territory."

Zamza knew where the spaceport was and it was only a few minutes walk away from the cantina. It was actually the main reason he had picked it as the meeting spot. He wished to be off the cesspit of a planet as soon as possible. To many had already found him and hunted him on the planet. Sighing at hearing Z'zharens words Zamza realized that the whipid didn't realize just how special he was. Zamza had spent years with people like him who could wield the force and had been able to spot others instantly. "We are beings cut from the same cloth, I feel as though I can help you so I will. Though the skills you have will be useful. This galaxy is wrong with evil so why not do something about it? Join the good fight, and take it back to those that wish to destroy or subjugate the galaxy."

A few months Kad had been absent, and in the past several months he'd been training to use the force better than he knew in the past. It had cost him a few things, most of which was the woman he cared about. He had given much thought to why she had not been around when he got back but finally had to let it go. The Galaxy was large, and she could be anywhere in it. For now it was time for a drink.

There was a cantina near by, and Kad popped in and went right to the bar. He ordered a bottle of Corellian whiskey and turned to view his surroundings. There was an awkward feeling in the force as if something odd was going to happen. There were lightsiders in the room, darksiders, and Kad was neutral. The man and woman close to him were the lightsiders, but the darksider, he must have been the one outside.

That's when his eyes fell on her, [member="Eliza Steele"]. She was sitting with a young man, Kad recognized him. Was it from Strider's party, the one where Kad and Eliza were so drunk they sang a love ballad during karaoke hour and then he tried to marry her that night. That hadn't gone over so well, and neither of them were so drunk they didn't remember. This was going to be awkward, but there was an empty chair, so Kad grabbed his bottle of whiskey, the shot glass, and occupied the open chair.

"Su'cuy..." he said with a grin as he looked at the two.

[member="Asmus Janes"]

[member="Zamza Ra'Kira"]

Zhar followed Zamza, he stepped sideways around a puddle of...something. This world's outer appearance portrayed it's meaning and Zhar's memories of it perfectly. The Whipid looked up, enough so his tattered hood would not slide off. He spotted a few ships coming and going from what he guessed was the local star port. With more time to think, he thought perhaps he could have tried to stow away on a freighter. No, that wouldn't work. Maybe a humanoid such as Zamza or anything smaller could hide aboard without notice. But a 6'6 ft Whipid would have been hard to confine in any small space.

Zhar rolled his eyes at himself, he was worried about blending in such as not allowing his hood to fall backwards. But his size maybe him very obvious to pick out in a crowd let alone wearing a hood or not. Even more oblivious announcing his need to leave off world in public where he absolutely stood out among the humanoids.

The young Whipid gave a grunt, confirming Zamza's curiosity that the Whipids were indeed tribal. Zamza also mentioned the Republic could not protect him from his pursuers. Did he come from the unknown regions?

The star port was merely a few minutes away and the Whipid mulled over the thought of Zamza's suggestion. No doubt Zhar was not the only innocent being in the galaxy forced under cruelty and unlawful acts. "Do you suggest I take up law enforcement with the Republic?" Zhar thought of what he could do. Blood lust was not something he craved and the Republic was not his home to defend, he would be a misplaced solider if he joined Republic military. Politics? Zhar doubted that, he was basically self exiled from his home world and had no where else to call home to represent it's best interests. Local law enforcement seemed the most likely, finding a peaceful home always sounded good. However he did not want to police a place that critically needed enforcement such as Nar Shada. No matter how pure of intentions this kind of world could bring despair to any being's mind and soul.

[member="Z'Zharen"]

The starport was much more crowded then the streets of Nar Shaddaa. All around booths were set up selling everything from food to trinkets to those coming and leaving the planet. Everyone was out for themselves and for credits. That's all that mattered on this planet and that seemed to be a language everyone was fluent in. "No I wouldn't say law enforcement. They don't do much, can be bribed and hold little honor. Of course I know you would do the right thing, but it would be those above you that are open to corruption. Instead I think the galaxy has a bigger plan for you..." Zamza said as he walked through the crowd slowly so Z'zharen could keep up. He didn't want the whipid loosing him in such a large crowd as it would be hard to find Zamza again. Though the whipid would stick out like a sore thumb.

Nearing the dock where the nautolan's ship was placed the crowds had begun to thin out. This portion of the airport was used by smugglers only most of whom worked for the local hutts. No one wanted to be on the wrong side of them. "Tell me have you ever heard of the jedi?" Zamza asked as the door to the hanger slid open to reveal a worn down shuttle. The paint on it was chipped and carbon scoring littered the hull. "I didn't hear about them till recently myself. Beings devoted to good and all that is right." Zamza said as he moved towards the ship.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom