Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help Wanted

Jace Trent

"I aim to misbehave...
They chatted as they rode. Jace entertained her with a few of his war stories, the less bloody ones. He thought about her inquiry on on security measures.
"Well, high tech isn't always the answer. Especially on Endor. If it were me" he pointed at several trees along the perimeter
"I would make discrete nests in the trees with posted sentries. It wouldn't be an eye sore on this gorgeous estate, but you would have armed eyes everywhere"

They arrived at the barn and Jace dismounted. The entered the barn and were armed with paint markers. Jace chuckled, this was going to be fun.

He followed her into the maze, she definitely had the advantage of being familiar with the surroundings. He came around a corner and hear the click of a paint marker. His body moved and he saw the purple splatters on the canvas behind him. Turning his attention back to the blonde would be assassin. Her laughter lingered as she raced off. She had skill, and Jace had underestimated her. That wasn't going to happen again.

He followed, but paused at the next corner. In gunfights, combatants tended to shoot high. So, Jace knelt down on his right knee and brought his gun up to eye level. Then he rotated from his hips and peeked around the corner so that only the barrel of his gun and his eye could be seen. If she wasn't around the corner, he would have at least cleared the corner. If she was there, then he would shoot her gun. There was no need to hit her and restore any wounded pride. But, she did mention that this was an interview. She wanted to see what he could do, well then, she would see how accurate he could be...
@[member="Meret Blackmoon"]

She heard rapid footsteps approaching. Mere pressed herself into the vertical canvass. Cinthra ran passed her and Meret fired three purple paint balls. Paint splattered all over Cinthra, who was now eliminated. She was sure that Trent heard the explosive paint splatters. With that Meret peeked around the corner to see if Trent was there. Meret took one of the paint balls and rolled it in his direction, then she took off running.
@[member='Jace Trent'],

Jace Trent

"I aim to misbehave...
He was sure that his shot had hit its mark, but the blonde ran off again. Jace took up the pursuit, but at a controlled pace. He controlled his steps so that they made minimal noise. He worked on his breathing. He took a breath then held it for three second before letting it it out, he repeated this for five cycles. This slowed his blood pressure down so that it wasn't pounding in his ears, which allowed him to hear what was around the next corner. He had taken the fight to her, but he didn't want to press his luck...@[member="Meret Blackmoon"]

Meret ran to the next corner hoping that the rolling paint ball would distract Trent. Her eyes widen as she noticed red on the muzzle of her paint ball gun. It was Trent's color. She was in no mood to play by the rules but had to. She shouted to Trent. " Good shot! You may have disarmed me but you have not caught me, finish the job." Her mind raced as she thought about a strategy. Meret could not just sit there. She thought that she could out run him. Then she threw her paint gun in his path as she darted quickly through the maze.

Jace Trent

"I aim to misbehave...
He smiled as she called out to him. Slowing down and listening had paid off. He heard the sound of the paint gun as it slide across the floor, then he heard the faint sound of her footsteps as she darted away.
If Jace were to play by the rules, he would have followed after her through the maze. But Jace tended to make up his own rules. Rather than chase after her, he listened and waited till the sound of her footfalls were just on the other side of the canvas wall from were he currently stood. The canvas wall itself was merely fabric suspended from a wooden frame. It would not take much to drop it, especially if one was to say...jump through it.

Just as the sound of her footfall was even with his position, Jace hurled himself through the fabric. If he timed it correctly, himself, and lady Blush would be sprawled out on the floor in a tangle of canvas. @[member="Meret Blackmoon"]

SMACK!!!! A force split the canvas wall and Trent knocked Meret off her feet. His initial contact was directly to her left side but as they slid to the ground his body was on top of her body. Meret's nose was press into his upper chest, his legs were wrapped around the outside of her legs, his hands grabbed her wrists. They slid for several feet taking out another canvas which created a chain reaction. With in seconds each canvas fell to the ground one after another. Dust, droplets of paint, and splinters of wood flew up in the air and then debris showered down on the two. In a muffled voice she complimented him as she talked into chest. "Nice take down fly boy!"

@[member='Jace Trent'],

Jace Trent

"I aim to misbehave...
He raised himself up, his hands holding her wrists and keeping them pinned to the ground. He grinned down at her. Looking around at the damage he had caused and grimaced slightly. Looking back down at the blonde straddled beneath him. "So does this count as caught? Cause I can bring down the entire barn if you'd like?" He smiled sheepishly @[member="Meret Blackmoon"]

She look up at him and did not move to get up immediately. Her ribs ached and she enjoyed his competitive spirit. "You broke the rules, you are a game changer, you make your own rules...right out of the Governor's play book..." She took in a deep breath and exhaled."That was a good shot to my ribs I made need your help getting up." She waited for him to move.

Jace Trent

"I aim to misbehave...
"What can I say..." He said as he stood to his feet "I like to win" he gave her a wicked grin.
He held out his hand to help her to her feet.

She grabbed his hand, pulled her self up then twisted his arm behind his back, then she with her free hand grabbed some of his hair and yanked it hard. "Never let your guard down and don't fall for simple ploys." She let go of his hair and arm." If I were an assailant, you would not have helped me up." Meret brushed herself off and then brushed some of the debris off his shoulder. She inhaled his body scent; it was winter green and slightly suggestive of aramantha wood. It was refreshing. "We still have to finish the tour." She walked out of the barn.

Jace Trent

"I aim to misbehave...
She was strong, the grip she had on his arm was that of an expert. He chuckled "Oh believe me, you are far from simple?"
She released him "And if you were an assailant, you wouldn't be alive for me to help up"

Once they had collected themselves, he followed her out of the barn to continue their tour. As far as job interviews went, this was turning out to be the most fun interview of his life. @[member="Meret Blackmoon"]

Apparently Deimos left with Cinthra. There was now just Trent. They rode along the perimeter as she pointed out, the green houses, the Whisties' lair and an Ewok hut. The horse knew that they would be going to the waterfalls next. He went from a comfortable stride to a full gallop. Meret slid forward and held on tight to Trent. The water spray created small rainbows that bounced of the jagged rocks. The rode under the falls to a green pasture filled with sweet grass. Shadow stopped and lowered his head trying to get Trent off of his back so he could go grass.
Meret giggled and said " Let's get off here and give Shadow a break."

Jace Trent

"I aim to misbehave...
He nodded and and offered his arm to her so she could dismount. Once she was down, he swung his right leg and dismounted himself. The horse eagerly began grazing. Jace took in the scenery and breathed in the fresh air which was slightly damp due to their close proximity to the falls. Endor was beautiful, he'd have to add this to the list of one of his stops.

Turning his attention to his host. "So, shall we continue the interview? My favorite color is blue in case you were wondering"

"No, that's my favorite color. What are your needs...as far as employment is involved? The Governor travels to Naboo and Kiffu often. You would set up security for her trips. You could be part of her team and travel with her or you could stay on Endor and make sure things here were secure. There is a Sportsman's Lodge where you could reside. Endor has become a tourist Mecca...visitors, conventions, weddings, honeymoons there could be a demanding schedule...famous performer on a secret rendezvous, politicians...I like to keep them away from the local tribes." She walked over to a rambling vine that clung to a rock and picked a handful of red berries. She offered Trent some. "Endor's evironment is pristine and I am, the Governor is trying to maintain its beauty. She is very down to earth." Meret hoped that he did not pick up on her slip up.
She whistled for Shadow to come over. "Time to go, we'll have an early supper."

Jace Trent

"I aim to misbehave...
He shook his head at her offer of berries. He was still full from the griddle cakes from earlier. He listened as she spoke.

"Well Ma'am, I'm not one to settle down in one place. So I'd be better at handling security on her galactic endeavors"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom