Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discussion Help me pick a planet?

Mermari.png

So currently im creating an aquatic amphibian species but im kind of lost on picking a 'home' planet for these fellas, help me out and throw some ideas out there

I still have a looot to write about these guys ;-;

Edit: okay here goes a jumble of random info

The Mermari are split into two main types, the Originals(placeholder names) and the Edited. The species began like hundreds/thousands of years ago idk im still figuring out numbers. A group of scientists became highly interested on aquatic species such as the Mere and the idea of just the common aquatic sentient beings. The group of scientists then found this species(the whole concept came from seeing that image and abe sapien from hellboy<3), and decided to experiment with them.

After blah blah sciency stuff the Mermari were created, and then taking the concept of elves and orcs from tlotr there began a divide between originals and the edited. Although the original scientists were human turned into Mermari, after such a long time it kind of became forgotten and the mermari were simply known as... the mermari. So then after generations some humans became interested in the mermari and the cycle of experimentation began again. this new generation of humans had different tech so ofc the process to turn into a mermari was different. so yeah

also, they like to keep to themselves, usually humans that try to turn into mermari are those that hate society and wanna go deep in the water somewhere... however there will be mermari who wanna go out and explore the galaxy and theyre usually shunned and banned from going back into their hometowns. Technology wise, they have homes similar to the gungans but with half open spheres, and their 'villages/towns etc are attached onto the underside of giant reefs/rock structures so that they can hide more

Last edited:
do you have a general blurp for them. it can help come up with an idea where they could be or go. Doesn't need to be highly detailed but are they technologically advanced because they interact with the galaxy? Are they primitive?

deplorable deplorable

thank you and an interesting approach. I like it. I say if you are looking for a homeworld from canon could be a little harder but not impossible. Given they banish those who leave and seem to remain out of the way. I would offer Kiliea a world from canon with not much but me and Shoma have been working on it since it has ties to Atrisia. Making more of a semi aaquatic world with large island cities and a civil war

deplorable deplorable

thank you and an interesting approach. I like it. I say if you are looking for a homeworld from canon could be a little harder but not impossible. Given they banish those who leave and seem to remain out of the way. I would offer Kiliea a world from canon with not much but me and Shoma have been working on it since it has ties to Atrisia. Making more of a semi aaquatic world with large island cities and a civil war
Ooh that sounds interesting, i actually didn't think about semi aquatic worlds but i think it would make sense. It would certainly be an interesting dynamic of having a hermit species living on a planet that has lots of stuff going on on the surface

@deplorableit is always fun to have options and story chances. Atrisia has it as we developed our own mermaids for deep ocean adventures as well. Kiliea as a world we are working on but there are some subs that go with it just pm and I'll send you the links and what I have worked on so far for the world. In case there isanythign that could be altered or added in like tying it with the history of the species

Doroban

Predominant Species: Dorobani

Location: Located near the Rhozi nebula, a pink-colored nebula approximately 25 light-years across, located in a 'gap' of the spiral arm rimward of Tygeria. In fact, these gaps in the spiral arms are not empty, but merely more sparsely populated. It is in one of these regions that Doroban exists, partly obscured by the presence of the Rhozi nebula.

Star: Dorovida - The Dorovida star is a bluish sun with harsh ultraviolet light, ensuring that life was forced to develop in the deep oceans. The Dorobani people developed technology in lava vents on the ocean floor, which allowed them to melt and work metals for the first time. They also discovered how to harness the Ichivo anchor-eels which lived in deep oceanic caverns, which used electric discharges to stun prey. Finally, they discovered that the Shegi Jellyfish which bobbed near the surface of the water had a transparent gel that protected them from ultraviolet light, and they made a sunscreen from it that allowed them to surface safely and begin to experiment in the atmosphere, where many additional processes were possible.

It was on the few islands of their world that they began to reach into the skies, and eventually towards the stars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom