Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help me out with making tech... (plz)

Heyyy,

I'm currently working on creating a species, the Mermari and there's a certain aspect in which I havent exactly expanded on in the thread so I'll just do that here:

The mermari are a aquatic/amphibian species, they have both lungs and gills, they can survive out of water for up to 8 hours (random number tbh, might change laterr), after the period of time they begin to dehydrate (consuming water doesnt hydrate them) and their skin/body becomes extremely dry, and they start to struggle to consume oxygen (their lungs are built different than humans and cant be breathing for super long).

I wanted to create this gel/jelly-like substance that they (or any other aquatic species that requires water to pass through gills or whatever) can use, instead of wearing a complicated mechanism on themselves filled with water (lol carmichael, actually idk why i thought of him when spongebob inside of sandys home is a good example), they just need to either smear the gel on their gills (for simpler aquatic species that have very small gills), or for my species, the mermari, wear a thing that looks like this:
Untitled333-20231105181522.png

this is basically a wayy less bulky version of what Abe Sapien wears in the Hellboy movies.

The reason why i decided to make a gel instead of using water was because water would need something in the mechanism to filter it and the gel doesnt need any of that extra stuff

As much as I've created species before, i've never actually created any sort of techy stuff. I would appreciate it if someone could give me some pointers, for example, i know the ingredients would be water but uhh... what else would it have?? and then if i were to make up some random element i'd also have to create another page for that...
I know it's all sci fi but the specifics still drive me crazy

edit: pre-factory page

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom