Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello!

By Bindu's beer, this place is immense!

Hope everyone's doing really well. I'm a long-time fan of the franchise in all it's forms, and have a special place in my heart for the original Marvel comic book series, when there were no rules, all the way through the sequel trilogy, and many of the EU and newer canon novels. I've even gotten the opportunity to explore Galaxy's Edge at Walt Disney World.

I've been looking for a place to do some creative writing within the Star Wars universe. I tend to write lighter prose and not take myself too seriously, because I'm old and life's too short to be moody all the time.

As far as character ideas, I've been rereading a bunch of old Joker comics from the 1970's, back when he was the madcap Ace of Knaves who did wacky things because they were funny rather than, say, cutting his own face off, and was wondering how a crazy person would fare if he were to find an old Sith holocron. My opinion is the Sith as a whole wouldn't take him because they're all about rigid structure and people knowing their place, and certainly the Jedi wouldn't want him because he would consider himself an agent of comedy and chaos. Would something like that be feasible here? Would other people want to co-write stories with such a character?

if they're watching anyways
Captain Scarlet Captain Scarlet welcome to Chaos!

If you're a fan of the wackiness of the older comics/media, Chaos is definitely a great place to explore crazy stories (I mean, we've already got witches and Force entities saying hi^). Tons of creative people around -- definitely a requirement to not take things too seriously if you're gonna have fun. Your character idea already seems like a real ride, and I'd be happy to write with you sometime (whether that character, or something you come up with later -- there's tons of room for everything!). The galaxy's Sith situation has had a bit of a shakeup lately, so maybe there would be room for a wildcard like what you talked about in the Brotherhood of the Maw's New Sith Order. Top tier villains, great people.

As usual, gotta recommend joining the Discord (up in the corner) if you haven't already, and poking around some faction Discords is never a bad idea.

All the best in your writing!

(Actually, before I forget -- je vois ton nom, t'es Canadien? Quebecois?)

And so it begins...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom