Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello All!

Lord Ghoul

L
yeah, writer's block is a pain. I usually have to read a new book or watch a new tv series/movie in order to get inspiration.

Not all of it, but working my way through it.

That's typically how I get through mine, or I read some old threads. I was actually in the middle of starting a new thread before Ashin co-opted me and brought me here. Perhaps I'll port that thread over...

The whole WoD spans many, many threads, so I wish you luck in reading (and finding!) them all. :)

Plus, stats do not translate well to actual (story) writing. It is very difficult to quantify an individual's traits and transform those traits into numbers and/or bullet points. I personally find it quite aggravating when asked to, for example, list a character's strengths and weaknesses because such measures are usually subjective and depend on the situation or circumstance. For example, Asemir's analytical mindset and method of approaching difficulties with a problem-solving perspective may be a significant asset in a combat situation. However, it can be a detriment in social situations that typically defy logic and reasoning. (*cough* I.e., empathizing with my wife *cough* :lol: )

I personally view stats and the like as a mere guideline to direct you and keep you honest when writing about or from a certain character's point of view. They are there to give you an idea of how a specific character will act, but they should not be there to limit your writing.

Just my two credits!

Skye Mertaal said:
I love both of your avatars...

*is an otaku*
Thanks! :)

Mine is a quick sketch I did of Asemir from years ago. The long hair thing isn't really hair; Asemir's species doesn't have "hair" in the traditional sense. The "hair" are really sensory organs that are sensitive to touch and air movement. They are about a centimeter thick and are known as tera.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom