Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello all, greetings and a question

Hi everybody! I just activated my writer's account and am brewing up a character to jump right in. I do have a question though, is there a quick way to get a summary on the state of the galaxy? I hear there's some sort of large war going on, and I don't want to start roleplaying on a planet that's in the middle of a battleground without realizing!

But anyway, I'll be looking forward to using this site and meeting you guys!

I would recommend consulting a more experienced player (unlike myself) and asking them questions because the events are a bit clustered right now and the site hasn't officiated the war as an official event yet. For history, if you hover over the resources menu a "Timeline" link pops up.

The timeline here is fluid, meaning that you can place your character anywhere at anytime and it wont mess with anything. Even if you choose a planet that is in the war you could say it was before or after the war and play it that way

[member="TheGreatGagne"]

[member="TheGreatGagne"]

Welcome aboard lad!

Here's a quick TL;DR.

Basically, the light side of the Galaxy is on the run. About ten years after vanquishing the massive One Sith leviathan, the Galactic Alliance, the largest light side faction on the board now faces opposition at every corner. On its northern border, the First Order prepares a major offensive. To the north-east, the resurgent Sith Empire now marches to assault Tyferra, and to the South, the Galactic Empire plans to attack the world of Dagobah.

However, it is not without friends, or allies. The Silver Jedi Order, fresh from being decimated by the Dark Sided axis, now support the Silvers, along with the Force atheistic Mandolorians now ride to assist the Alliance in its darkest hour. The Confederacy of Independent Systems, now also marches its battle droids against the Galactic Empire, wishing to bump off their warring neighbour.

There is still neutrality. The Commoner Systems Alliance, a democratic republic nestled far in the Core worlds now presents its neutrality, and attempts to broker peace.

However, despite things, the Galaxy hangs in the balance. Should the Alliance fall, it would plunge the Galaxy into yet another dark age, with three distinctly different Empires now having almost free reign at the Core, and the known Galaxy.

There's more than a few details I've missed there, and I am sure some dutiful historians would help out. But should you find yourself RPing in one of said warzones, I don't think anyone would properly mind you being there, though I would ask if I were you before popping into an invasion thread.

Though that's some advice from a grizzly old man.

Still, once again, welcome aboard. You really have joined at the best time imagineable.

I would strongly suggest reading the time line so you have an idea of what has past to get us where we are now. I do believe someone is working on recording the current event for the holos so might want to shoot him a pm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom