Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello, absolute newbie needs help!

As the title says I'm entirely new not only to this roleplay but to roleplay in general. I've always been interested but also a bit intimidated. However, I'm absolutely fascinated by star wars so I decided to try it!

I've looked at some tutorial and help boards and I plan to just look around a bit before starting but I'm also hoping for some tips and advice!

Thanks in advance ^_^ !

[member="Lin Pal'Ud"]

Hey, first and foremost, welcome aboard to our slice of heaven. Sincerely hope you enjoy your stay.

But in regards to advice, roleplay can always be intimidating, especially on a public forum such as this one. So what I suggest more than anything, is just write what is natural to you, at least at first (feel free to expand on character dynamics later on, as you want to test yourself). Find a strong, and natural voice for your characters, and pursue it. You own your characters, they and no one else are owned by anyone. You lay in command, and as such should do what you want to do.

Mishel Kryze

M
[member="Lin Pal'Ud"]

Welcome to the boards if you need any help feel free to ask! The board can be pretty intimidating at first glance, but just take your time we're not going anywhere. Again welcome to Chaos and enjoy your stay! Happy trails!

[member="Lin Pal'Ud"]

Welcome to Chaos. Advice I would say is look at the timeline and rules if you haven't obviously. The timeline gives you a good idea at what has occurred in the galaxy either through site or player created events. I was once in your position. I would say figure out an idea of what you want for a character. Then go for it. Factions are nice little communities. Some are for everyone some are just for certain type of people. You are bound to make good friends and writing partners within such groups for example the First Order or the CIS. If you feel intimidated by that even. Just start off with a random thread see where it takes you. Have a good time and hope to write with you soon!

[member="Lin Pal'Ud"]

The other's have pretty much covered it, but I'll chip in too. Chaos is amazing in the sheer options available to you and what you can do. If you're feeling a little lost then a good question can be asking yourself what kind of story it is you want to tell. Do you want to write a Jedi, a Sith, a smuggler. Do you want to tell a story of struggle or heroism. You'll find factions and writers who you'll fit in with no matter what you want to do, but asking that question might allow you to focus in a little more and not feel lost. The major factions are all active and have plenty of writers who love to help out and can guide you, it helped me a lot finding my feet when I joined.

Welcome! Don't worry, you got this. And any time you don't, we are here for you. I love talking over new ideas, lore, and the like, so if you want someone to just discuss things with, I'm here for you. And all the others in this post are also awesome people, that I know are willing to help in a heartbeat too. There is a lot to do here, a lot to learn, but an almost infinite number of stories to create as well. It's a lot of fun, with a lot of fun factions and a ton of awesome people.

Just let us know what you need!

[member="Lin Pal'Ud"]

Hello, thanks for all the replies, the response time is amazing :eek: !
I do have a few questions actually: I more or less wrote out the character sheet but snooping around a bit I feel uncertain. It feels to me that almost everyone is either force sensitive or has some kind of very unconventional ability. I had planned to make a pretty "normal" character with certain specialties and abilities ( shooting/ knowledge of technology especially communication technology and a kind of sabotage-specialty) but without the Force or anything similar.

Will this hinder me in taking part in the roleplay significantly?

Thanks in advance for the answers!

Hello there and welcome! As said before by everyone else, we’re all here to help, yadda yadda :p

To answer your question though, most people come here and pick a few specialties that their character has learned at some point in their story before coming to the board, ie, whatever you choose to write your background as. Whether you decide to do that or not, don’t worry! You can always just play out your character for a while and find what fits them that way. Let them grow through roleplay and build their specialties that way. It leads to a very fun and organic experience if I do say so myself :D

[member="Lin Pal'Ud"]

Lucius Vinticus

L
[member="Lin Pal'Ud"]

Hello and welcome, being a non force user will not in any way affect your ability to participate in pretty much any activity besides using the force. Personally that's pretty much all I write and there are plenty of others with Non-FUs as their primary character, the site is pretty accommodating to whatever type of story you'd like to create/join in on. :D

Marina DeVoe

Not a flight attendant... just a risk.
Welcome to Chaos from a very normal character, [member="Lin Pal'Ud"]
It's always a pleasure to meet a writer who plays a non-force user. Hope you enjoy writing so, like I do. :)
So far, I've not been tossed about like a rag doll or the like by the gods....bummer. :(

Seriously, there is quite a lot of respect here for normal characters. :)

Jsc

Disney's Princess
[member="Lin Pal'Ud"] - Welcome. :D

And you are encouraged to play whatever type of character you would like. Some of the best characters on our board have been very 'normal'. :p

[member="Lin Pal'Ud"]

Firtly I want to welcome you. Secondly, I felt a bit like you when I joined. But when i started writing With People, I realised there was no right answer to how Your character should be. Just be how you want, and most importantly have fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom