Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Hekler'Kok TDL-1 "Tempest"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noah Corek

Cocked, Locked and a Smoking Barrel
Factory Judge
MGL_Mk_1_L.jpg

Credit: http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/File:MGL_Mk_1_L.jpg
Intent: To create a high yield explosive weapon that can be sold to mercs,PMC's and governments
Development Thread: N/A
Manufacturer: Hekler'Kok Defense Industries
Model: Hekler'Kok Thermal Detonator Launcher,TDL-1
Affiliation: Independent
Modularity: Yes (Though it is designed to launch thermal detonators,it can launch different types of shells,including smoke,adhesive,plasma,incendiary and pulse)
Production: Mass-Produced
Material: Duraplast
Description: The Hekler'Kok TDL-1 "Tempest" was designed to make a mobile,handheld weapon capable of launching thermal detonators at longer distances than any sentient could. The weapon is built sort of like a giant rifle-like revolver,having a six shot cylinder directly connected to the barrel and firing mechanism. The weapon has built on side,bottom and top rails,that allow for easy mounting of aiming laser,optics and grips. The TDL-1 while being able to launch the most dangerous handheld explosive in the galaxy great distances more than anyone,it does have down falls,one beings its weight,another being the fact if you use the weapon in any close quarters engagment,you'll most likely kill yourself.
Classification: Explosive Launcher

Size: Handheld
Length: 81.2 Centimeters
Weight: 5.3 Kilograms
Ammunition Type: Thermal Detonators
Ammunition Capacity: 6 Shots
Effective Range: 125 Meters

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
@[member="Noah Corek"]
Alright, just a few things here.

First, it states that it can fire thermal detonators. That's cool, but lemme ask you something. Do you really want up to six miniaturized baradium warheads that will go off upon significant pressure on the nose of the explosive that close to your body? Also, while I know Star Wars has grenade launchers and equivalent grenades available, I've never heard nor seen a launcher variant for the thermal detonator. I hate to be "that guy", but unless there's canonical evidence that there is a thermal detonator grenade launcher variant I'm going to ask for a dev thread for it. You can either do a weapon and grenade dev thread for this gun OR you can dev the grenade itself and sub it separately while leaving this launcher open for "modular/compatible varieties of ammunition" in the sub.

If you don't want to dev thread anything, just drop the thermal det launcher capabilities and you should be golden. If you can find canon evidence for launcher capable thermal dets, post up the link for it and I'll browse through it. If it checks out, you should be good.

Second, it states it can fire "buckshot". If this means it can fire a shotgun shell, you need to include such. If this is a variety of grenade, please link me because that's a weird named grenade. If it's a typo (I make 'em, too lol) just pull it.

Third... well, that's pretty much it. Not much else to review. It looks good otherwise, so just @ me when ready and we'll move along.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
@[member="Noah Corek"]
Alright, that works out. I still think you have to be nuts to carry thermal dets armed like that and that many that close to you, but hey, whatever floats your boat.

Also, I see you clarified that this fires shotgun shells. What gauge shotgun shells are you firing, what ammunition is it compatible, and do you have anything to prevent this weapon from tearing your arm off when you fire a 40mm shotgun shell? If it's a modular item, like an underslung mount, don't put it in the main sub and just leave it a modular attachment, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom