Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Heavy is the Crown [C.I.S Allies Welcome, PM to Join]

Lensa Yatar

L
Audré never had the luxury of a stuffed toy or pet, growing up in the slums of Umgul, though she gleaned as much happiness in being able to provide them for her daughter, once the two had moved to Naboo. By then, she was too "old" and too busy working in domestic service, swiftly ascending into handmaiden responsibilities, to cater such "childish" things for herself. In another life, the young woman would have ogled and fawned over anything big and fluffy, but remaining professional, Audré kept her stance stoic and her hands tightly clasped in front of her, so as to resist the urge of petting Anse Baenshaol Anse Baenshaol . Too much of that affection might be distracting for any guard dog - er, wolf - on active duty, Audré feared. But…perhaps after the ceremony she could sneak a feel of that fur?

Shaking the frivolous notion aside, Audré would follow suit after Kairi Leidias and the rest of the Queen's Court, joining the other handmaidens in the procession that drew them nearer to the Royal Palace. Even with every precaution and overwhelming amount of Royal Security Forces, Audré still kept a wary eye out, not letting her responsibilities to her mistress falter in the midst of celebration. In the thick of the crowd leading towards the Palace, it would be near-impossible for her to spot one small child, much to her chagrin. Audré couldn't let personal feelings for her daughter divide her attention, anyway. This was the Queen's moment, not hers. She could ask her confidants about Sanya's whereabouts later.

Inhye Inhye | Tyché | Nassane Naberrie | Merrick Sato | Kaiburr Kaiburr | Brave Capon

It was picturesque day for celebrations, parades, and the crowning of a new leader for her people. One could only hope for as much when their time came just as a maiden wished for sun on their wedding day. Jamie's coronation was much the same; The weather had held out for the best of days that week.

She had done a lot of thinking as of late. What to do with herself now that her time as the leader of her people had drawn to a close. The obvious choices were laid at her feet: Return to serving the people through her noble house, or seek out the Jedi once more in earnest and lend herself to their cause. Trouble with both of those meant returning to obligations she was in the process of shedding on this very day.

It simply wasn't appealing.

A voice broke her inner monologue and the blonde turned to see Lydia address her formally. A warm, genuine smile crested her lips and the blonde stood to return the gesture in kind. "Please-" She said politely, "That title is no longer mine to bear." The woman offered a seat beside her to the other before sitting back down.

"This is where I most enjoy myself, if truth be told. I've always loved the peacefulness this place holds, the serene ambience it invokes."

She looked upwards towards the vibrant blue above. "I've never been one for grand spectacles."

A slow paced walk. She remembered the day her mother stepped down and she became Queen. So many envious eyes upon her that day she had never performed the ancient rites as she had made L Laira Darkhold . She, Faith was never to have been Queen her brother Theo had always been the chosen one until as fate had it he disappeared.

Everyone always wants the glory of such positions, the title, the attention they never know until they have the crown seated upon their heads just how heavy the responsibility is. No longer responsible herself or her family at that moment there were millions to take care of. A Queens life is no longer her own. She hoped this young monarch was ready and that she had the best of advisors for she would need them.

Becca glanced over knowing her Queen was deep in thought even though they were still moving forward with each step. "Did we send a gift ahead of time?" She asked, was it customary to do so?

Faith paused, "Yes we did. When the Queen of Naboo is ready she will see that Alderaan has sent a shipment of phrik so that her rule is strong and steady, and a variety of items from the artists of Alderaan so that she may have continued beauty with her."

Becca laughed, "Did the speechwriter make that for you?"

Faith tilted her head back and laughed, "No Becca. Its how I feel. I want her reign to be long and fruitful, but I want there to be beauty always for there will be days when responsibility, wars, and death may bring her down and she will need a reminder that there is hope. That there is always hope."

Becca nodded, "I get it..."

"I'm glad."

Kairi Leidias

The Jedi loved it here, there wasn't any denying that fact. There was always a certain point in his life where he hoped he could just retire to this planet and live in peace. However he knew the call would catch up to him sooner or later though so that was a pipe dream. At least he felt it was, as much as he wanted too, he wouldn't be able to ignore was was going on in the galaxy for too long.

Kahne weaved in through the crowds among the smiles,laughter and even those that were dancing on the sides of the streets. The parade was something unlike he hadn't seen before, more lively than ever before. The Jedi had a smile on his face as he made his way closer to the ceremony and that was where the new Queen was shown to them all. While Kahne had grew up here, he knew of Jamie Pyne Jamie Pyne who had been queen previously before Kairi took the role of Queen. The Jedi Master could see Jamie sitting from afar while he had never been properly met her. He wondered how she was doing during all of this.

No better time than now to go and introduce himself.

Kahne moved towards the Jamie and showed a small smile. "No, but you will always be a queen." Kahne said with a small chuckle. "Jamie Pyne, I never had the pleasure to introduce myself while you held the title, but I figure now would be a good time. I'm Kahne Porte, Jedi Master and Naboo native. Its nice to finally meet you."

C O R O N A T I O N
tumblr_omekgwReTy1uzp87ro9_250.gifv
Attire: Formal Gown
Focus: Former Queen Jamie Pyne Jamie Pyne

FpdE7D.png
The bright-eyed young woman observed coolly as the former Queen shrugged off the formalities and stood to greet her. Lydia's painted lips curled into a warm smile at the reception. Jamie Pyne had reigned over Naboo for many years, her crown unblemished by outside influences, and all that time she remained a beloved figure in the eyes of the people. They still loved her. Now, though they had a new queen to love. "You must forgive me, Your Maj-" She stopped short and demured after realizing she had nearly made the same mistake twice.
"-uh- Ma'am," still too formal, but it seemed inappropriate not to call her by her given name. She was still the former monarch, after all. Lydia decided against dwelling on it and instead, graciously accepted the seat that had been offered. As Jamie spoke, the cunning woman listened with care, observing her like some exotic specimen. Lydia thought she almost seemed... sad.
"Yes, I've always considered the palace gardens to be quite the escape... they can be anything your heart desires. A quiet place of prayer or meditation, a romantic tryst of forbidden love, or the center of palace intrigue," she exhaled a lighthearted laugh at the last suggestion. Though, in all honesty, Lydia had often used a peaceful garden walk as a cover for exactly that reason. "Oh! How rude of me not to introduce myself - you probably don't remember me," she said as if the former monarch was expected to remember every aristocrat's daughter who attended royal events, "Lydia... Brandes of House Brandes."
"The Princess - our new Queen - has appointed me to counsel her on matters of the arts," she extended a hand in greeting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom