Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hearing: Authorization of the Libita

rPTkr9D.jpg

Old Izrul, Kiribi

From her local Senatorial office in the Kiribian. capital, Suravi initiated a secure holo-conference with her colleagues in the Senate, representatives from the Mercenary Legion, and other attendees who had been invited to the committee hearing.

Lacking sufficient resources, the Mercenary Legion had approached the Galactic Republic to be officially recognized, and the funds to construct a new command ship. At 3,000 meters,
the so-called Libita dwarfed just about every vessel in the Republic fleet. Such a massive vessel would require a great financial commitment on the Republic's part, so a healthy dose of scrutiny was an order.

Suravi herself wasn't comfortable with the prospect of bankrolling a command ship for an organization with past ties to Sith elements. She was also concerned that the firm being
tasked for building the vessel had been compromised. Finally, she had some questions about the design of the ship itself. For all the firepower it could bring to bear, she had identified some serious vulnerabilities related to its size and layout.

She waited for the others to join the holo-conference so that they could begin.

((Link to Submission: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/82941-libita-class-command-ship/))

Caius Flavian

Faction Admin - The Galactic Republic
[member="Suravi Teigra"]
[member="Sanya Val Swift"]

Carida System
New Valor Station, Carida
Executive Suite

I had returned home after a few trips out to the capital and such.
Time to focus on domestic affairs if possible.
I sat alone in my thoughts while enjoying a nice mug of Yavin Chamomile tea to help calm the mind.
The lights in my office were dimmed and I sought to simply take a nap with a nice warm cover over me.
I had decided on set of pajamas earlier that I felt would be comfortable and was planning to fall asleep to some holodrama about

A ping came across my desk for a holoconference call from Suravi.
It was on an official channel so I had to assume it was Republic related business.
Why it seemed a new warship design had cropped up.
This should be interesting. I tapped the button and leaned back in my hover chair.

"Hello Senator Teigra, a pleasure as always, how may I be of assistance?"

[member="Sanya Val Swift"] [member="Khyros Sunblade"] [member="Gael bar Ammon"]

As the image of Caius in his sleepwear came streaming across her desk, she had to cover her mouth with her hand as she fought to hold in a smile. If it was just between them, then she would have cracked a joke about him looking out of place in anything other than his old imperial garb, but this wasn't the time or place for banter.

After a moment, she regained her composure and continued.

"Senator Flavian, good day to you. We have a peculiar situation on our hands. The PMC known as the Mercenary Legion is requesting funds for the construction of a new command ship."

All the files she had related to the
Libita would be available to all Senators and government officials with proper clearance for personal review.

"I don't think I can trust a private entity with such hardware funded by taxpayers, but the decision
isn't mine alone to make. So I've called upon the members of the Mercenary Legion to make their case and see what benefits they can offer us in return."

[member="Caius Flavian"]

Sanya Val Lerium

Neutral, Queen of Her people, Neko
[member="Caius Flavian"]

Kiribi. This was the fist time Sanya had set foot on this planet or even flown in it's system. In fact it was to be in republic space once more. She was here on behalf of of her ship that had just been finnished been built. It needed a crew and the funding for munitions, fule and servicing costs. The main ship had cost very little. Sanya and her wife collected the materials and most of the rest is rendili made. With republic been the most familiar with rendili crafts it was a logical and personal choice. They had experience in where the mercs legion lacked for now. For the time being this is just a small time investment.

With asking for directions many times off many people she'd managed to have made it to the place she should be. She had been offered the chance to just holo call in but Sanya preferred atleaset some face to face. As soon as she entered the door and signed in a nice little old lady rushed her to the room where the meeting had begun ahead of schedule. the lady gave a small peek around the door before she let Sanya enter. As she walked into the room Sanya would bow. "Miss [member="Suravi Teigra"] I presume? and hello sir pleasure to meet you too I'm not to all familiar with names here." She said. "So where would you like to begin?"

Passively, she felt Sanya's approach with one of her own staff members before they crossed the door, so she had some time to stand up and meet them there. An interesting development.

"Yes, I am Senator Teigra of the Kiribian Systems Union," she said, extending her hand in a greeting. "This is a pleasant surprise. I had called for a holo-conference out of convenience for all, but I appreciate having you here in person."

She returned
behind her desk to sit, then motioned for Swift to take a seat in one of the chairs at the desk's front. With a small adjustment of the holo console at her computer, she shifted the axis of the projection so that Caius and future participants would be facing them both from the side as miniature figures.

"Over to my right is Senator Flavian of the Carida System. He sits on the Armed Services Committee with me. For the moment, it will just be us three, but it's possible that more people will join the conference as we proceed."

"A good place to start is with you, Miss Swift. Tell me a little about yourself."

[member="Caius Flavian"]

Sanya Val Lerium

Sanya shook the woman's hand back and proceeded to sit down. "Well I was born on corellia and when I was old enough to travel I did helping people on different worlds giving medical aid to those who couldn't afford it. Then a few years after I ended up living with [member="Taneas Haring"] a republic pilot that lived on ossus when it was under republic jurisdiction. I spent a lot of years with him remaining helping those in the slums. Things got tough financially so I left but before I could make it off world I met a Jedi kinda. She took me to the order and trained as a Jedi up to knighthood."

"When the Jedi and myself begun to become distant it wasn't a hard call to follow my heart. the person I'd tried to deny feelings for, for many many years I'd found out she'd been captured by a dark sider. In turn I got injured following them waiting for an opportunity but if it wasn't for camellia telling the with to save my life I'd not be here today. Anyway I was given no choice to work with the darksider as I'd lost my sabers in the process and I hate to admit in that time I had scraped very close to the dark side myself."

"This lead me to the black rose as a 'pet project' for the darksider along with camellia to. But when the rose broke free under the one sith I saw potential in them. So when I in time became the leader of the black rose I tried to redeem them. Strict laws in place around murdur, theft, drugs etc. Though the organization only lasted a short time. But in that short time we discovered a new world. The world in which I am the queen after removing the old corrupted dictatorship. So since then I got married focused on getting the planet better and recovering as well as worked on my company." That was her life in a shortened version. "As for the mercs legion I've found them useful. I'll help them they help me. They have a place on sekalus and they have access to my resources."

Caius Flavian

I could tell the look of amusement in Suravi's eyes at the sight of me.
I hardly would ever consider embarrassing for myself though considering our work ethic's it was honestly inevitable.
Celestials I probably would be dressed this way in an emergency meeting.

I was going to reply with quip about hard working individuals such as herself but it appeared the leader of the PMC.
Suravi introduced me and it seemed that Miss Swift here was a straight to the point type.
Which was fine with me as I casually listened to her tale while sipping on my tea.
I sat up straighter as I came to find her association with the Sith a little troubling but more intriguing.
I knew of a young Sith lord many years back who had turned from the darkness and became a Jedi Master, her name was Taeli Raaf, so redemption was achievable for those who fell to the dark side.
Sometimes redemption required the investment of trust from others.

As she divulged her life story, in what I could only describe as someone who was excitable and seemingly desparate for a big break, I grasped my dataslate off of my desk and began to read the information that [member="Suravi Teigra"].
The warship in question was impressive to say the least.
I saw a very useful opportunity here to improve the Republic Military along with a few other aspects.
The issue of course was funding.
With my attention slightly divided I pulled up our current military budget and then broke it apart into much more in depth screens.

As Miss Swift finished speaking I spoke up
"Your highness," I started with some formality "This warship is of exquisite design. The costs alone are quite substantial. Quite obviously beyond the means of some systems GDP's let alone any small company's. Based on your history of dealing with the Sith how do you feel this warship will perform in combat against the Sith Imperial Navy?"
I set my mug down in the cup holder on my hover chair. A flicker in the hologram before resolving back to normal.
The Sun's recent activities were playing a little havoc on communications. Another domestic issue beyond anyone's control really.

Sanya Val Lerium

[member="Caius Flavian"] Ξ [member="Suravi Teigra"]

Sanya simply smiled dropping her Hood from over her head. "Well from what I'm aware this ship is and would be the biggest in the republic fleet. If I remember correctly the largest you have is two thousand meters in length. So the libita offers more firepower than most under your fleet. Its Hull is made of ultrachrome with a three layered sheild covering it. As for performance against a sith fleet we can't know till it is in action. Besides the republic won't be covering the full costs. My company can cover the paychecks to those on board. some items i can replace like the boarding pods that we make and are available to the republic like most of my stock is already." Sanya had backed the republic for along time. Even within the black rose. Sure she had broke away for a few years but not once did she turn her back on the republic. On several instances she'd even attempted to have an alliance between them to strike at the sith.

"It sounds like you've led quite the adventurous life, from Corellia to your own throne on Sekalus."

She found herself sympathetic to Swift's plight in trying to save her lover, but she found the Jedi's attachments troubling. This one could be manipulated with the right pull at the heartstrings. In her research on
Sekalus, she had discovered the planet to be one giant Darkside nexus with the peculiar effect of enhancing emotional bonds. She wondered if the influence of the planet had affected Swift's development to this point.

"Before we get deep into the technical issues, I need a couple things clarified. So if I have this right, then the ship will be owned by the government of
Sekalus, but will be operated by the Mercenary Legion?"

She couldn't wrap her head around the idea of entrusting the ship to the PMC, but she could get behind the idea of it being owned by another state.

"Also, I would like to know the current status of Rendili Stardrives, and its CEO, Camellia Swift. Rendili, the headquarters of the company, is still
under the control of the One Sith. You've admitted that Camellia, once an officer of the Galactic Republic, committed treason while in the service of the Sith. I can understand that she may have been working as an accomplice under a state of duress, but it's still treason all the same. I'm aware that Rendili has other facilities across the galaxy, but explain why this firm should be entrusted to build this ship? There is a precedent for manufacturers installing backdoors for later sabotage."

[member="Caius Flavian"]

Sanya Val Lerium

[member="Suravi Teigra"] Ξ [member="Caius Flavian"]

"The ship will be owned by myself and till we have people in the mercs legion trained to serve on the ship I'm hoping the republic would be able to spare the manpower. But as the republic would be sponsoring it the ship will most definitely be used in your fleets. Besides wouldn't you feel better having you own people working on the vessel. That way you can keep tabs on me." She said like she thought all this out already. Although the next part slightly struck a nerve. "My wife is not in service of the sith and she would never put a 'Backdoor' on this. Rendili is the most trusted starship manufacturer and the most loyal to the republic. She is able to pass a few thing out but ultimately supplying to the republic right now would bring unwanted attention. Attention two people with combat skills and millions of civilians can't handle. If the republic captured rendili again then the supply line of ships would be a lot better for the republic. I have faith and trust in my wife and for the service she has done for two republic that should be enough to determine how trust worthy she is. Don't forget she was high in command lots of secrets lots of information. not one bit of it spilled. Besides the ships is already built. It just a needs a crew. "

((I don't feel like jumping on the OOC thread to address this small point, but under the rules of the factory, it is impossible to have the ship of this magnitude already built to completion as a minor faction or an individual system.))

Suravi wasn't convinced. She couldn't accept the word of someone so intimately involved with Camellia Swift.

"It's impossible to confirm your claims without poring through every moment of your wife's interactions with the One Sith. What can be confirmed is that she has been their accomplice
in some capacity. It would have been helpful to have her present to provide us with a first-hand account of her experience."

"Before I'd even consider allowing Rendili to continue construction, you must cease contact with all facilities held in One Sith space, immediately. Any current and future involvement
with these elements represents a serious breach in security. It goes without saying that you would be closely monitored to ensure compliance."

"Is
Rendili Stardrive capable of constructing and maintaining the Libita at an off-planet facility?"

"Another thing. Did you attempt to approach the Galactic Alliance about funding as well? It seems to me that it would have made more sense to work with them given their proximity to your system."

It was the logical conclusion,
though in her dealings with the GA, she had found them to be annoyingly uncompromising in some respects. It wouldn't have surprised her in the least to see them turn down a member of a defunct Sith sect.

Sanya Val Lerium

((What we have done in development the whole main ship it's self is complete. The rest is simple stuff like aesthetics. Also her tag doesn't means she is working or even loyal to the os. She changed them because they took rendili and that's where er loyalties lay))

Sanya couldn't tell if the woman was trying to push a reaction but she remained calm. "As I have said my wife is not an accomplice to the sith. She tried to defend her world when no one else would help. That is what lead to her capture before been took away from her home, her family and her friends. That at the time was been dictated by the sith. In the past year their activity on the world has gone to null hence why we used this time for the ship. We hope that the republic can one day soon attempt to retake the world. But I can assure you one hundred and ten percent my wife can be trusted on this matter. Besides if she was an accomplice don't you think she'd be serving in their fleet or they would be using her ships?"

Of course she had other facilities but the one at rendili was the best and faster. "There is voss but as I've mentioned the ship is complete. The only thing been done is the aesthetics and system's. Most of which my r and d developed. The designs are my own. So even if someone at rendili, which they wouldn't, tried to tamper with anything I personally can cross reference it with the design."

"I've not, no. For the simple fact I do not trust them. I once tried to do diplomacy with them and that got returned with hostilities. Furthermore they are not welcome in my system as I fear they would case my people harm. If they want to prove they are trust worthy then they can deal with the problem of the first order who also have made an attempt to attack my people."

Or the Sith simply don't want to work with a group of turncoats. She thought to herself, the words too incendiary to speak aloud. Sanya could go about this all day, but there wasn't a way that she could spin Camellia's story for Suravi to give her a pass on her allegiance to the Sith. Caius may have once been part of the Imperial Remnant, but he and his group had long proven themselves and successfully integrated into the Republic instead of submitting to the Sith on Crina.

"Perhaps the Sith weren't quite sold on the performance of the ships after conquering Rendili? We'll never really know, it's all just speculation at this point."

"What I fear isn't necessarily about your wife divulging information, but the access that the Sith have to Rendili. At any time, they can just swoop into the planet and seize whatever they like, or worse. A very likely scenario when they find out that Rendili Stardive is working with the Republic on a super carrier. Without her knowledge, Rendili Stardrive could be compromised. I hope you're not taking anything personally, but in the interests of the Republic, I must exercise some skepticism here. It doesn't even sound like we were your first choice in seeking external funding."

"Alright, the ship would need to be thoroughly inspected, and closely monitored from that point forward. The ship should be moved out to another shipyard for completion and future maintenance. Voss, or another location free of Sith influence. I would also like a remote kill switch installed with the Republic having exclusive access."

"I believe for the amount of resources that you're requesting, the government of Sekalus should be required to sign a treaty with the Republic to establish some permanent security and economic arrangements. In the governance of your people, you would need to adhere to a certain level of standards expected from all Republic worlds. With that, your system would essentially become a protectorate of the Republic."

Caius Flavian

I had to admire Suravi's tact.
Her line of questioning was beyond reasonable.
The ship in question was a powerful design worthy of the Rendili name.
The precautions she requested were more than reasonable.
I had to orientate myself to where in the galaxy Sekalus was.
I was mildly surprised to discover it was damn near on the opposite side of the galaxy.
What Suravi proposed was an interesting deal to strike.
There were some very huge political implications for such a move though.
Along with the need to have a force of Republic ships available to reach Sekalus in the event of attack.
The implication of dealing with the Galactic Alliance wasn't a bad move however considering a number of its established leadership consisted of those who fled the Republic during Lasedri's reign meant their perspective of us would be quite difficult in the diplomatic realm.
A topic the Foreign Relation Committee would be best suited to approach.
I thought that perhaps it would be better to simply purchase the vessel from Sanya.
The cost alone would be exuberant, maintenance and the logistical need for upkeep was well within our budget to do.

After allowing the two to talk I spoke with my attention towards [member="Sanya Val Swift"]

"If the thought or idea of a treaty with us being quite the distance away is simply to much then I suggest you allow us to purchase the vessel from you. The approximate costs in this ship's one time production alone exceed 10.4 billion credits. While quite frankly my preference for the fleet leans more toward higher quantity of cruisers and destroyers a carrier of this size would be a significant contribution to our arsenal. We can also sweeten this deal with a further contract with the Republic and the Merc Legion. With One Sith looming over us the need for additional auxiliary forces that can operate autonomously against the One Sith in raids and participation in major battles will certainly bring a lot of business for the PMC. If purchased it would be a considerable war chest to utilize for future projects along,"

I paused and lifted my mug to my lips to ingest another hearty gulp of the chamomile tea before continuing

"Militarily speaking the thought of Rendili being under the thumb of the One Sith is a shuddering thought. I remember during the breach of the Netherworld the Sith annexed Rendili in the midst of the chaos." I paused again to briefly look over at [member="Suravi Teigra"] "We will need to hold another hearing on strategic actions to liberate Rendili later on with the Supreme Commander" then I returned to the deal at hand "The idea of purchasing this ship with bringing you on as an Adviser in its use should be sufficient to meet the needs of both parties. With of course incorporating the security features as requested of us thus far. If this is agreeable with you Teigra?"

Sanya Val Lerium

Sanya was taking most of this with a pinch of salt. "Perhaps the sith didn't even know about it's construction nor even who this is for. Besides all those who work at rendili have exclusive background checks done. That would be the same to a lot of companies that builds on this scale. The republic was my first choice. The republic is the only government I can trust enough with something like this." She sat there looking between the holo of Caius and suravi while thinking. Sanya hated politics for this reason. Every word could be made poison and twisted. Every bend was to make the opposition snap. She was good at patience. Still she was glad to be past the annoying part and to the negotiable demands.

"The republic inspection can happen after my own and the ship will be having to be moved to sekalus for some of the parts. The shielding and boarding pods are yet to be installed and the ship it's self will need to be registered into my servers. The kill switch under no circumstances will be installed. It is a vulnerability that can be exploited with untold effects of what the programing is capable of. The treaty however I'm fine with to a certain level. Our laws are very similar to the republics and I've given my approval for [member="Mantic Dorn"] to use the temple. It has been unused and recently restored. We have addressed some concerns about the planets strong tie to the dark side of the force. But that is a conversation that will need to be later addressed in full."

"While we do lack a well established military to protect the skies I'd welcome security over the system. On the planet however my people have that covered. Economy aid would also be welcomed there are a few catches with that thought. The phrik mines belong to the communities that they fall into. They have there independence for what they do. So any republic official would need to gain permission of that community before touching any of it. Failure to do so will be in violation of our law and the person or persons could be jailed up to sixteen galactic months. With building approval from myself or my Droid Maria the republic can also established military bases on the world. But most of all we would like the respect of still remaining a neutral system. Also before I do sign a treaty I would need to know would the republic help defend my world from the likes of the galactic alliance and the first order."

Sanya would look at Caius as he bagan to speak. "The ship isn't for sale. As I have mentioned it will be used to aid the republic in their fleets. But with the amount of efforts me and camellia have put into this vessel it's more than just a ship to me. It is something more meaningful to us. Im sure you would understand that." She said thinking back to all the fun times they had doing this project. "While I can't fully speak for the mercs legion I'm aware the majority dislike the one sith so they would be backing the republic in different ways. Not just war related." As he continued to speak her eyes lit up at. "If there is a hearing about liberating rendili then with permission would like to attend that. Before I left the republic I tried to push for its defence but I got shot down." Sanya knew this would make camellia happy that this was now been suggested. "My wife would have her stations defend the republics ships as well as additional ships to support. The people on the ground would begin to push them out as well."

As he brought the conversation back Sanya would give a slight nod. "The purchase of this ship is still a no. I will aid the republic as much as I possibly can. I will have the ship stationed at the locations needed. But only three people will be aloud to command this vessel. [member="Taneas Haring"] a republic admiral. [member="Cynthia garon"] the leader of the mercs leagion and myself."

"You're going to have us believe that the Sith will overlook the construction of a 3,000 meter command ship? Anyone should be able to see the construction with the naked eye in passing the shipyard. Say what you will, but I don't believe you all operate without some form of oversight, known or unknown. Rendili Stardrive has a history with the Galactic Republic, and your rebellious Sith faction. There would be a huge influx of resources, and several large transactions in and out of Rendili that can be easily tracked. If I was the One Sith, then I'd be curious about the identity of the customer who commissioned a shiny super carrier sporting tons of ultrachrome. In this case, it is the Republic on behalf of Sekalus and the Mercenary Legion. The cat's out of the bag when the ship finally did see combat. It's not a matter of if the Sith catch you, but when."

"I'm fine without the addition of the kill switch, but there will be dedicated units in place to shut the Libita
down in lieu of a remote system."

"The terms of the treaty would be straight forward. Allowing free trade between the Republic and
Sekalus without tariffs, foreign businesses associated with the Republic being taxed at the same rate as local businesses. I would like businesses to have the ability to acquire rights for their own mining ventures, to be approved by your government and/or the relevant communities."

"Your progress on
Sekalus is duly noted, and I commend you for your liberation efforts. However, I would like some form of oversight from Republic representatives to ensure that your government complies with respecting their citizen's basic rights as sentients."

"As
Sekalus sits far from Republic space, I think it's reasonable to expect your system to be able to provide for its own defense. In the interim, I'm fine with a Republic detachment providing temporary protection, but they would also be there to serve as advisors to help train indigenous forces into a capable military."

"Of course, we will provide for a mutual defense. In the event of hostile action against
Sekalus, we will do our best to come to your aid, and it is expected that you will do the same for the Republic."

She sat back to listen to Caius' proposal on handling the
Libita. The Republic would buy the ship from
Sanya, but keep her around in an advisory role. In return, the Mercenary Legion would work as another arm of Republic military projection in the South Eastern quadrant and beyond. She liked the plan, as it would keep the ship out of direct control of Sanya and Sekulus for a time, who she didn't trust at the moment. However, she didn't want to seem like the Republic was going to wrest away control of the ship from Sanya, and she didn't like the idea of the Republic being stuck with a possible dud, so she came up with a compromise.

"Senator Flavian, what do you think of this? On top
of the
treaty I'm proposing, we can immediately loan Sekalus the funds to complete the Libita, and cover maintenance for, oh, the next 5 or 10 years. Sekalus would be required to pay back the loan with interest, using the Libita itself as collateral. The services of the Mercenary Legion could also go towards paying back the loan in the form of a deep discount. We'll count our savings as a credit."

[member="Caius Flavian"]

Caius Flavian

By the celestials. My admiration for Suravi grew immensely with her take and change to the initial negotiations.
I sat up a little in the chair and took a moment to tuck the blanket that covered my lap onto either side of me to cozy up while also looking as professional as one could be in pajamas.
I held up a hand as I pulled up the Republic Military Personnel Records.
A search later and I had found the Naval officer in question that Sanya brought up.
I then hit a switch and another button so that the galactic map would display in place of myself.
The image then focused into the focused in on the system of Yutan and its respective sector of the galaxy.

I first addressed my fellow Senator [member="Suravi Teigra"]
"Suravi you've quite hit the nail on the head I feel in a strategic move that will satisfy our efforts." I was not visible at this point so all they could hear was my voice so it was a little difficult to look at whom I was addressing so "Now Ms Swift you've apparently found a candidate among the Republic Military and after glancing over his track record I feel at ease with this arrangement. Now the Republic Military has begun to fortify Yutan as a Military center in our eastern realm. We can assign the Vice Admiral as the Commanding Officer of a Fleet consisting of this ship as its flagship. Perhaps then we can encourage our Foreign Relations Committee to seek military cooperation with the Galactic Alliance against the One Sith, Techno Union, and the Hutt Cartels. The Mercenary Legion will be Administratively controlled by its own people however it will answer operationally and tactically to our appointed military officers in the area of joint operations."
I paused and hit a button dissolving the projection of the galactic map into myself again sipping on my tea before I continued "With this we can begin a series of Joint ventures with another major galactic power and ideally secure hyperspace trade lanes so that our economies can sustain the war effort. In time we can make a move to punch through and liberate Rendili. Our success however hinges on our military commanders and those allies we have and can gain. If you accept what Senator Teigra here has proposed then it is within our power to make these things happen."

Sanya Val Lerium

At least things where starting to be wrapped up now. "Coming back into the republic myself of course I'll help the republic in any ways I can. Anyway most of the stuff for this ship was kept off record. Names have been left out and costs and such. We are cautious about the sith and of course we where aware that any moment the ship could have been discovered. We where careful and took precautions. On paper it's a civilian ship. Weapons where the last things to have been put on and that took the better part of two weeks with around the clock installing them fast with the wiring. Droids where used for that part. As for your dedicated units I would like to do a personal background check if that is fine?"

Moving back to the treaty Sanya pulled out her datapad. "The free trade would work both ways right?" She asked. "As for the mines that is down to the community's. I don't tell them how to run it and even I request permission before even thinking about setting my own miners in. If businesses are willing to find a way to subdued the Charon in the Ilet dunes I'm sure they will be able to mine freely there but with it been a valuable recorce I'd expect the bisnesses to only have what they need and to sign off on the weight of the overall metal. We currently have an outside embassy that goes by GOMM so if the republic would like to also have one on the world that can be arranged. Inside the embassy would be entirely republic laws. Outside will be our laws. They are similar to republic laws but not entirely. While yes our government is a dictatorship. I do not make choices without considering my people first. I have done my hardest to bring the world from a corrupted oppressed society to something where people have freedom and can flurrish. Outside of luss, the capital of the world, the communities have been growing larger since I've been in leadership. So feel free to inspect." Typing on her datapad she'd bring up the hyperspace route she'd done to get to sekalus into republic space. "This is one of the hyperspace routes I use and is the fastest. It joins up with hydian way but brakes off heading straight for the capital. The second is longer and needs replanning so that will be sent once it's been mapped."

This was finally the part Sanya had waited for. "Would payment in aurodium be fine or would you prefer been paid back in credits?" She asked. "Also I'd need a hard figure of how much would need to be paid back with the interest included. Remember that I said I'd give the crew paychecks and the actual preparing of the ship won't cost just the resources to fix them. I use exclusively droids at my company because they can work around the clock. While droids do most of the hard work I still offer jobs for r and d, transportation, contracting and more. Some of the profits I make go straight into the welfare of sekalus. The lower levels of luss has just undergone maintenance as all the old water system was horrendous and caused infections."

"Anyway for now before I accept I have a few demands. Anything done to this vessel will have to be ran through me first. All security codes to this vessel will remain privet and those of my people who are trained to serve will have access. Those codes will include the main ship commands the armory the hanger etcetera. At any point the republic try to cease this ship without good cause I will activate a return home command. That code cannot be activated on the ship. Outside of battle or republic business all cameras will be exclusive to my serves where it will be monitored. The feed will be streamed when it is in battle."

"Moving onto the terms of sekalus. All building approval will have to go through myself or my secretaries. The laws of this world will be untampered with by outside sources. If a law is broken they will go through our justice system. If the culprit has managed to flee to republic space I will file for a warrent of their arrest and to be brought to stand trials and judgment. Any republic soldier that dose be stationed on sekalus will have to attend a six weeks course of how our enforcement dose things. That would be in return for our people getting military education. For those who wish to carry a concealed weapon they must own a license that doesn't include lightsabers. The biggest thing we are facing at the moment any republic citizen found bringing narcotics onto the world will be banned from the system and will be reported to the republic to follow down the leads. If you accept these demands then I accept yours."

She found Sanya's story increasingly incredulous the more information she divulged upon the construction of the ship. What civilian liner or freighter required ultrachrome or military grade components? What civilian vessel even approached 3,000 meters? Eventually, she just had to leave those questions alone, or she would give herself a headache trying to work through them all.

"Yes, free trade would flow both ways. As for the mining rights, I want a stipulation put in place to prevent price gouging. Any resources that a business extracts within the land it leases or owns should be there for the taking. I'm fine with local monitors to ensure foreign businesses adhere to the terms of their contracts for mining rights."

"Honestly, while the Republic respects the sovereignty of individual systems, long term, it is going to be an issue having your system run by a dictatorship. The Republic cannot support autocrats, no matter how benevolent their intentions may be. I must insist that you respect the wishes of your people if they call for a more democratic system, within reason. Any violent or otherwise deviant acts of suppression on your part will trigger an immediate review of our treaty by the Senate, possibly resulting in termination."

"Any embassies, consulates, military
bases, or properties owned by the Republic will house Ysalamir to offset the nexus effect of your planet. Republic officials and citizens will be allowed to protect themselves with personal countermeasures while venturing out of these neutral zones. Both the government and private entities will seek the proper permits before any new construction."

"I agree that Republic citizens that violate the laws while on
Sekalus soil should be subject to your law, provided that the laws do not conflict with the constitution of the Galactic Republic. While Republic citizens can be tried in Sekalusian court of law, the government must coordinate with the Republic for sentencing, and vice versa. Republic citizens will be allowed to appeal their cases to a higher level of court, the highest recognized legal body being the Galactic Systems Senate. Requests for extradition will be recognized. As per standard, diplomats will be granted automatic immunity. This includes ambassadors, Senators, the Chancellor, and cabinet-level members of the Chancellory."

"Senator Flavian cited an estimate of 10.4 billion credits for construction and maintenance. Because of the risks involved with this project, I say an interest rate of 7.5% on top of that is fair. We will only accept credits, so it's up to you to convert your assets into an acceptable currency."

"You're requesting a backdoor after the flak you just gave me for wanting a kill switch installed? It's out of the question, for the all the reasons you stated in denying me my request. If a backdoor is later found after establishing a treaty, then the discovery will trigger an immediate review. It's very likely that such a scenario would end with you ship being scuttled, so take heed of my warning. You're just going to have to trust the Republic as we have to trust you with billions in credits and manpower."

"Otherwise, you may have full access to the ship and its systems. You will be notified in advance of any proposed
modifications so that you may provide clearance. You must also coordinate with the Republic military in instances where you want to make modifications yourself. As Senator Flavian said, all logistical and administrative functions related to the
Libita and the Mercenary Legion will fall under the purview of Sekalus, but the Republic will be responsible for combat command during deployments, ultimately answering to the Supreme Commander and Chancellor. Any attempts at independent operations with the Libita must be first coordinated with Republic High Command and the Chancellery. for review. The Libita will participate in no operations that go against the interests of the Republic."

She had agreed with most of Sanya's terms, only adding some small revisions here and there to ensure the fair treatment of the people of
Sekalus as a strong proponent of democracy, and to make certain that that the Republic couldn't be screwed over in this deal. Sanya and
Sekalus would still be largely in control of the Libita, but the Republic would keep a close eye on Sanya's activities to make sure she didn't go haywire with the super-carrier.

[member="Caius Flavian"]

Sanya Val Lerium

(( it's 5am so excuse the smallish post))

Sanya mostly nodded. "Well alderaan is a dictatorship ran by royalty and the same goes for naboo and many systems that is or once under republic authority. We are no different to those. As for the force nexus I'm aware of that issue and is a subject that I need to go over with Mantic. Im unsure how ysalamir could effect wildlife so if need be some things may need to be held off. In a run down the sekalien ecosystem is very dependent on the nexus. So if it is destroyed a new one will have to take it's place or it will kill the world. In order to do this I'd need more masters of the force than just me and Mantic to do such a task."

"Immunity will be granted to the diplomats but in any violation of the law they will be banned from entering our system and the republic will be notified. As for payment I'll have the aerodium converted into credits. Jobs requested by the republic by the mercs leagion will be discounted to help pay the loan and all my products available to the republic will also be discounted. Again most to pay for the loan. Other than that I think that is everything unless there is more to be added."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom