Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Healing a Living Mutation

Karsh Lithern

The Living Mutation
--Space outside Felucia--
The ship comes to its exit from hyperspace with a final shake and Karsh is worse than how he left Ossus. He has little time left and little blood as well. Things are bleak. Darth Kyros' lab was the first place that Karsh was able to think of. He had two reasonings behind it though, He knew that she could help him, but also that she was a very powerful Sith Master. He want's to train with her. He will develop. He will get revenge.

The revenge?

Vulpesen. A Jedi knight. Karsh vows to himself that he shall forever strive to put his blade through the Jedi's body. But not yet

Not yet.

Landing at the port that his astromech droid R9-63 took them into, Karsh takes a mental checklist. A badly grazed right forearm, a significantly large gash in his left leg, which had taken out some serious amounts of tissue, and numerous lacerations on his back and head. The total? A lot of blood loss.

All he can do know is hope that @[member="Darth Kyros"] is there, and willing to help.

"Unmarked ship entering the system"

Kyros turned her gaze across to the guard and nodded her head just once. Deciding to attend to this matter herself the Sith Lady rose up from the seat she had been perched upon, donned an outer robe - for it was quite chill outside - and stepped across to the entrance of the Palace which housed her laboratory, choosing this location as opposed to Korriban due to the abundance of wildlife and natural medicinal plants. Outside dusk was gathering across the swampy landscape, and her breathing misted in the air. Stepping down the shallow steps she made her way across to where the ship had haphazardly landed, several of her Bladeborn following in tow. The sight of the ship and its present situation looked grim and her lips pressed into a firm line of unease. As she neared the ship itself she sensed a lifesign onboard, but barely. "Fetch for Doctor Tyvos, I care not for the hour - have him hastened." Her attention immediately returned to the ship as she neared it in the port.

Onboard she found a Sith with various lacerations covering his body, including head trauma. Realising how little time she had to work the woman bit her lip and crouched down to the disorientated man, gesturing to one of the Bladeborn. "Get the first aid kit." It took a moment or so but one stepped forward with the kit and handed it to her. Inside were various tools, implements and remedies. She could see that the man was breathing without issue, yet noted his disorientated state. "One of you talk to him, keep him awake."

Then she took out an ampule of anti-shock, wanting to take no risks with the obvious head trauma suffered. Using a clean needle she procured the syringe and rolled up his sleeve, finding a good vein to inject the shot into. It would work quickly to render concussion obsolete and in turn stop him from entering a critical state should he drop off to sleep. While it was acting she took out a tourniquet and used it to pressurise critical areas of blood loss, using a pressure bandage for his head and back. "What's your name?" she asked as she took out some disinfectant bacta salve from the kit and began to apply it on his lacerations. It would do very little in the long run but for now anything she did would keep him from reaching a critical state until she could get him back to her lab.

@[member="Karsh Lithern"]

Karsh Lithern

The Living Mutation
"What's your name?" Words...those are words. Karsh tried to feel his surroundings With difficulty, the Force responded enough to give him some insight into his current situation. He at least had luck in that he recognized the blurry image of Darth Kyros. She was moving and bustling about. Doing what, Karsh could not tell. The words though. What had they asked for? 'The name. My name.' The thoughts click for the war-torn man laying on the floor of his ship.

"Karsh," he sends in a telepathic message. It is obvious that this surprises her. He opens his mouth and shows the mutated skin stretching sporadically across the length of his mouth, a mutation that he grew up with. He tried to form words even though he knew he couldn't. Just to further show is inability of most basic human functions, consequence of his surroundings growing up.

"Karsh," he sends again, "my name is Karsh Lithern."

The images start to slip. 'If only I had eyes,' he thinks, 'it would be so much easier to keep track of my surroundings.' The images are fading and coming back. Fading to black, and then coming back in only hazy color. "Help." sending is tough.

He feels a prick in his arm. The images level out and the ability to stay awake become easier.

(OOC: sorry I can't highlight my speech, but I'm on my iPad and I don't have the full editor. Speech is in "" and thoughts are in '')

@[member=Darth Kyros]

She felt a presence upon her mind, knowing that it came from the one dying before her, and while she did not let him in she sent her telepathic senses out to brush against his. "Karsh" she said, aloud, with a soft nod, speaking verbally for the sake of those around them. In a medical situation as dire as this communication was crucial. "Okay Karsh I need you to remain completely still, can you do that?" While she spoke she began binding bandages around the salved lacerations. When Doctor Tyvos arrived he brought with him a hovering gurney, having been explained what the issue was, and with aid of the Force Karsh's body was slowly and steadily lifted and braced upon the gurney, as a precaution incase bones had been broken on his spinal column jolted.

With one nod to the doctor they began to exit the vessel and head toward her lab, all the while she and one of her Bladeborn kept up constant conversation with him, to stop him from slipping into an unconscious state. "Do you know which planet this is, Karsh?" They would ask, while Kära receiving the mental communication would verify that he was still awake. When they finally made it up into the lab he was gently eased off the gurney and into a medical bed where an IV line was added. She took a sample of his blood and found that he was both force sensitive - meaning his telepathy may not have been a racial trait - and his bloodtype too. With this new found information she wandered back to his side and hooked him up with a blood transfusion.

"You've learnt well these past years" the doctor murmured as he oversaw her actions, while she set up the disinfectant shield around his body. This lifted all dirt from him and the surrounding area of the bed and the trays which lay beside them, ensuring there would be no infection from the wounds. "Good, don't forget to scan the body with this" the doctor handed her a medical scanner "otherwise you know what to do." Using the scanner she was able to find out the full extent of the damage he had sustained and the impact it had on his body.

[Broken bones? Major blood loss? Gaping wounds with the lacerations? Etc]

Karsh Lithern

The Living Mutation
The images slowly were becoming steadier. He wasn't in good condition though, not by a longshot. But at least he could keep track of what's going on. His mind was becoming sharper. This time when he sends, the Force responds better to him, allowing strength in his telepathics, "This is Felucia." He put good effort into this, and consequently it drained him, thus disallowing him to further elaborate.

Suddenly he realized his surroundings had entirely changed. Relief flooded him, he had actually made it to her lab. This revelation was comforting. He had heard of the greatness of this lady and her lab. But of course, he hears almost everything at any given time, his Force hearing is thanks to that.

Karsh makes himself busy with checking his surroundings. Standard lab equipment, different people moving about, 'They must serve under her,' he thinks. Then he moves his attention to himself and his immediate surroundings. There is a drip going into his arm. A blood transfusion is doing its work as well. All the while Lady Kyros is busy making assessments and readying for his treatment.

"Master, my apologies for my...my..." He pauses, collects himself, "my untimely intrusion." He was. Normally Kafsh shows little outward emotions. But this is different. Someone is actually caring enough to revive his ravaged body.

Thankfully the scanner revealed that the head trauma was the worst of the damage; there were no broken bones to tend to, which meant no fracturing or chance of fragments. No nerve endings had been severed, either, which would make the whole process easier to handle. "Okay, Karsh, I'm going to give you a mild sedative - just enough to numb the pain. But I need you to stay awake, can you do that?" Gesturing forward the commander of her Bladeborn she said "Keep talking to him, he's responding telepathically."

Then she set to work. It was a matter of salving the minor wounds with a bacta treatment and patching them up now the wounds had been cleansed. However before that could be tended to there was a huge gash along the side of his leg, wide enough to warrant stitches. Reaching out she took up a vibroneedle laced with bacta thread, which would allow the stitches themselves to disintegrate when the wound was healed while allowing it to be a quicker process. But first she applied a bacta spray, ensuring that the inner surface was also given a stimulant to heal.

As the stitching brought together the torn flesh she slipped her eyes up to the man. "Where are you from, Karsh? Don't worry about intruding..." she added, when he tried to apologise. When the leg was sewn she took out a bandage, applied a layer of the salve to it, and began to bind it around his leg, enough that it remained in place but not too tight that it stopped the blood flow. The various lacerations upon his chest could wait, as now the anti-shock had set in she was able to deal with the head trauma. The concussion by this point would have begun to lift, it was time to deal with the gashes. All the while the IV kept him monitored and the transfusion stopped his blood flow reaching critical.

Karsh Lithern

The Living Mutation
Karsh lay on the stretcher allowing Darth Kyros to do her work. Never in his life has Karsh felt so defeated. Not only physically, but mentally he feels like he has let someone down. But who? Most of his life he has only had himself. The entire universe had mostly consisted of hiself and a few people that he more often then not, killed. And now here he was. Almost dead himself. Light headed, with a headache that was worse for him, due to his brain processing his entire world, all basic functions just served to make his situation worse. But the doc was doing her best.

His head was still becoming clearer. He shut out vision, not much was happening that he needed to keep constant vigil over. With his sight gone, he had more of a capacity to communicate. "Master, I will make my upmost attempt to stay coherant." he replies, "I am allowing all my energies to go into--" searing pain ripples across Karsh's head. After a minute it subsides. "Communication." he finishes weakly.

The speed at which he was being tended to was amazing, it was as if she were controlled by bionic forces. "I am from the planet Nox. That is were my parents put me into the wild - abandoned. The high pollution on that planet gave way to my various mutations and permanent scarring you see...such as my lack of eyes." The effort it took to get all of that through was hard. "Master, am I permitted to sleep yet?"

@[member=Darth Kyros]

The woman resumed her medical of the man lay upon the gurney, her attention drifting up to the deep gash in his forehead. For this she would use something different, and thus she pushed aside the vibroneedle, warranting a small teacher-like nod from the doctor who was overseeing the procedure, especially when she instead took out the gluestat gun. Drawing it across the gash in his head, which had already been sanitised, she allowed the skin to begin knitting back together. This was just as versatile and durable as the bacta thread however it was far easier to use on difficult surfaces such as the cranium, where there was little enough flesh anyway.

"Don't force yourself, just stay awake until I'm certain you'll be fine." She listened to his story, however, with interest, and when she finished with the gluestat she lowered her gaze down to the man with a small smile. "I have never heard of Nox, perhaps when you're well you can show me it." Where had this compassion come from? This willingness to help others? Was it the Doctor's influence or was this a new stage in Kära's growth as an individual?

Binding up the head wound with a bandage to finish off, the frontal area soaked with a bacta salve for increased healing of the target zone, she tied it off and looked down at the remaining lacerations. These were easier to deal with, and after applying a bacta spray down across his chest, covering all of the wounds, she likewise bound up his torso, with one small nod of her head. "He's ready to be moved, the neck and spine are fine so a brace isn't required." Together with her Bladeborn General she lifted him up from the gurney and lowered him into a hospital bed for comfort purposes. "Rest, now" she murmured, finally permitting him to sleep while his lifeline was monitored through the IV.

Karsh Lithern

The Living Mutation
All the things that had been done to him in the within this short amount of time all seems as if it were ages ago. The pain was not there is much as the psychological disorientation associated with the comebacks of a serious beating. The extent at which he was being treated surprised him most. He was being tended to as if the dark master's life depends on it. But that was the thing - it didn't. This would be something he would have to ask her later. He could feel different things going on, the need for communication had a break so he switched back to his vision to monitor what was going on. There were bindings, and stitches, and salve all over the place. It seems that almost everything had been taken care of. Now what he needed was rest. And that was granted to him, as he was gently put into a hospital bed.

-Many days later-

Karsh came to consciousness much as a computer boots up; one step at a time. First his hearing kicked in, processing the beeping and faint sounds of beings moving about far off. Karsh then gained his thought processes; figuring out where he was and what he needed to do. Remembering the procedure he underwent just a few days ago, Karsh is hesitant, but he allows his senses to fully come on. He examines his surroundings, which is done easily since he sees with the force and has no need to move his head very much. The smell of fresh cloths and sterile equipment is strong. He notices, with slight astonishment, that Darth Kyros is silently sitting in a chair nearby with her head buried in her hands propped up by her elbows, which were pushing into her legs. Watching for any movement or change from her, Karsh remains silent. After a little bit of time he sees her look over, sigh, and begin to get up as if to leave. "Master." he sends.

She keeps going. And she's gone. Karsh almost felt...disappointment. But then he realized there was another organic being in the room.

@[member="Darth Kyros"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom