Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Have I done wrong?

Alright guys, I need some Jedi opinion in this.

If you guys have been reading break's recent thread about how we Jedi don't act very Jedi-like, then you will have noticed that he used my actions to back his theory.

I am not blaming or angry at Break but now I am extremely conscious of my every move on this site and what I do in character also.

If you have read the thread that Break linked could you please tell me your own opinion. I understand that what I did was completely wrong but did Rasu really have any other choice? I want Rasu to be the good little Jedi, but now after what has happened I don't think she can honestly say that she has stuck to the light. She performed that action with the entire planet's safety at heart. Isn't that what Jedi do? We understand that not all innocents can be saved, so what should I have done?????

What do you think she should have or could have done different. Just to put my mind at ease.

I'll link the thread here if you haven't seen it.
Post number 14

@[member="Yinch"] Wise words Padawan, but it is often hard to forget something so horrific and something where you hate your very actions. I will forget in time, but for now....

Well, you definitely should not have killed those people, based from a Jedi's opinion.

But my opinion in real life, says that it was the right thing to do. What are the few against the whole planet?

To a Jedi that would be everything, but in real life, it's nothing.

As long as you didn't enjoy killing those people IC. But IC'ly, it was obviously the best thing to do.

You ever have to shoot someone who's dying as an act of mercy?

It's a lot like that. You don't like it. It's 'wrong', but it's better than letting them suffer.

In that situation, there is no 'Jedi' thing to do. You do or do not. If you do not, they die even more painful deaths involving claws and changing bodies into killing machines. If you do, you've killed potential innocents.

Nothing to do but put 'em out of their misery.

It's good to second guess yourself, sometimes. It means you actually care about doing what is right. The trick is to not let it go to your head.

Everyone has opinions of what a 'Jedi' is and what a 'Sith' is, but the shows and movies have shown us that Jedi are remarkably varied. Quinlan Vos was no Obi-Wan, after all. Do your thing. If you're still in the Order at the end of the day you're doing your job right.

OOC: I spent six years as a 0351 in the U.S. Marines. Sometimes you have to make a tough choice that you have to live with. This is RP have fun and let other people worry over what ifs.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Selena Halcyon said:
Your actions made sense. Either way of reacting would be fine imo. Is it a happy choice? No. It was a tough one.
IC: Grandmaster. Nuff said. You're good. :D

OOC: Tis a game. Nice thread. ;)

@[member="Rasu Gan"]

I have read that thread and can no be bothered to post there, mainly cause most people have answered the guy very well. As for your actions, I agree you did right thing in the situation. Iella is soon to cut her way through a horde of mutants, innocent victims of a foul experiment, but there is no hope for them and they are killing people, so Iella has no choice there too. She will not like it one bit, but knows she has to do it, for the sake of the rest.

As for people watching your every move as a jedi on the boards, consider it a compliment that they take the time to do so. Whether the like it or not, we .. the Jedi .. as doing a great job and now we are interesting to them. ;)

For the record I love you all but I am sick and crabby. Your actions Rasu fell into the no real right choice and were justified. One of the major problems is the "jedi" don't have a single concept. There are a thousand different flavors of jedi in what they do. The intent, the base is the same but all see the code and follow it differently. That we are the New jedi order people overlook in favor of trying to put old republic jedi ideals on new jedi order characteristics. The jedi have to be taking the initiative in the faction because we don't have anyone else. We don't have legions of pc soldiers to lead the way at everything.

Now I am going back to eating the rancid soy chicken noodle soup and hopefully will be better tomorrow if I am needed contact me on Skype or for those who have my cell should I be needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom