Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has anyone ever played as a direct descendant of a canon character?

I'm not planning on making any new characters any time soon, but I'm wondering if anyone, in the entire history of Chaos, has ever RPed as a direct descendant of a canon character from the movies, books, games, etc. Obviously it's against the rules to RP as a canon character, and I did notice a few characters reusing familiar surnames, but we're talking deep family lore here where your character knows they're related to a famous figure in galactic history.

On the other hand, do y'all discourage that kind of thing, or is it not allowed?

I mean, it's allowed, sure, but it's likely that no one would really care cause we're all edgelords who dont care about anything but themselves and how cool they look flipping their glowsticks all that happened over 8 centuries ago.

Voph is a direct descendant of Visas Marr. If he is to be believed. Is he telling the truth? Is he not? Does it matter? Full story ahead at 6.

Edit: For the sake of clarity, such a relation was mentioned in passing nearly 4 years ago OOC, before Voph even made it to Chaos. Whether it's legit IC or not is kinda irrelevant, as his character does not change drastically with the answer. I as the writer think that, given the scarcity of Miraluka in the old republic era that Voph is from, it's almost a given that Voph would be related in some way, his claim of being a direct descendant is vague on purpose.

Lifelong Nerd, Roleplayer, Writer and Philosopher
I think that's lazy, unoriginal writing to do something along those lines... It's all about in-depth worldbuilding, not latching on to another character's famous name and trying to ride those metaphorical coattails to what is perceived as "glory". It's a type of sycophantic behavior, at best.

Remember that over 800 years so many people are related to a common ancestor that it means nothing.

After all, every US president but Martin Van Buren is related to King John of England. And that's just 800 years, if we go back to the KOTOR era an appreciable fraction of the galaxy is related to anyone who had kids.

It used to be pretty common, but that trend has died off in the last few years. There's nothing wrong with doing it, and while some people might scoff with elitism at it, as long as you aren't using that line of relation as an excuse to play the part of the next "chosen one" I don't think anyone has any right to care.

Valiens Nantaris said:
After all, every US president but Martin Van Buren is related to King John of England. And that's just 800 years, if we go back to the KOTOR era an appreciable fraction of the galaxy is related to anyone who had kids.
I have decided that Siobhan (and thus also Enyo) is related to a random NPC from KotoR. Someone totally unimportant. Maybe even one of the faceless goons the party kills during its many rampages.

[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom