Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Happy News With Bad Delivery

A small noise in the back of Lorane's mind woke him up. Looking around a bit, and then smiling when he felt Rawnie's sleeping form pressed up against him, he decided that he'd been imagining things, or maybe just having a particularly vivid dream.​
Dream? No, wait, he'd been thinking. Hard. About his fiancee and her apparent sickness. And the answer was so obvious that he'd felt like a crappy doctor for not realizing it in the first place. Rawnie was pregnant. That explained the nausea, the weird eating patterns, and her... not having any bloody sheets this month.​
Wow. All that talk about the two of them being parents someday, but it wasn't going to happen someday. It was going to happen less than a year from now. Knowing he wouldn't feel anything, of course, he put a hand on her stomach near where there would be a bump in a few months.​
He felt happy, he felt confused, and he felt worried... But most of all, he felt like he needed a drink.​
[member='Rawnie Tal'verda']​

Rawnie Tal'verda

Tal'Verda Aliit'buir
Rawnies dreams were, per usual, pretty nonsensical. She was doing something that didn't make any sense, with people who did not make any sense, and-

And someone was moving slightly beside her. She grumbled in her sleep and clawed lightly at her pillow. Her eyes opened when she felt a hand on her stomach. She was a light sleeper. A very, very light sleeper.

"Is it morning?" she murmured, nuzzling her pillow.

[member="Doctor Azure"]

Lor gently nuzzled Rawnie, taking his hand off her stomach.​
"Not for a couple of hours. Just your Lor'ika being an idiot like usual."
He found himself vaguely wondering if there was a way for him to get out of bed without disturbing her more. He needed to go get a bottle of something evil.​
[member="Rawnie Tal'verda"]​

Rawnie Tal'verda

Tal'Verda Aliit'buir
She closed her eyes again, rolling over to face him.

"Well, can you go be an idiot somewhere else, love? You're making it hard to sleep..."

She smiled gently to let him know she was just teasing. Well, sort of. She was tired and grumpy.

[member="Doctor Azure"]

Lor gave Rawnie a light kiss as he rolled out of bed.​
"Sure, visahot. Just come out and get me if you want anything... Or, y'know, come tackle me onto the couch."
He pulled a pair of comfortable pants and walked out to the couch, grabbing a bottle of beer. What would she do when he told her? She'd been... different, lately. Hmmm.​

Rawnie Tal'verda

Tal'Verda Aliit'buir
She could hardly hear him. She was already asleep by the time he left the room. She was so tired lately. Probably from all the work she'd been doing. Yeah. That was it. And she was still ill. Throwing up all the time was exhausting.

[member="Doctor Azure"]

Lor sat there with his bottle of beer, not really registering that he wasn't drinking it. Of course Rawnie was exhausted. Jeez, she was probably beyond overworked, with the little jobs they'd been doing lately and the nausea. Now he felt horrible for not insisting she stay in bed the last couple of weeks. He downed half the bottle in his hand, and got up to go grab a snack from the kitchen.​

Rawnie Tal'verda

Tal'Verda Aliit'buir
Rawnie woke with a start almost an hour later.

Oh no. Oh no. Not again.

She jumped out of bed, wearing nothing but a shirt she had stolen from Lorane. She dashed from the bedroom, blazing a direct trail to the bathroom. The sound of her retching could be heard through the closed doors.

[member="Doctor Azure"]

Lor's eyes snapped open as he woke up from his dozing on the couch. The sound this time was definitely real. He heard Rawnie vomiting into the toilet, and sighed a little sadly as he put the bottle to the side to help her. He crouched down next to her and held her hair away from her face, as he usually did when this happened.​
"I'm sorry, visahot."
[member="Rawnie Tal'verda"]

Rawnie Tal'verda

Tal'Verda Aliit'buir
And there he was, as he always was, helping her through this pathetic time of hers. She coughed, slumped over on the floor. Her eyes were watering heavily. She sniffled, cheeks blazing with shame. She averted her eyes.

"It's not your fault," she sighed, "My body is just... messed up."

[member="Doctor Azure"]

Lor held Rawnie as she did her usual bit of embarrassed blushing and tears.​
"It's a little my fault, Rawnie. You could say I caused it."

Rawnie Tal'verda

Tal'Verda Aliit'buir
His fault? She laughed weakly at his attempt to take the blame.

"It's not like you got me sick," she replied, still not really getting the implication, "And it's not your fault that you don't know what's wrong either."

She wrapped her arms around him too, squeezing him tight.

[member="Doctor Azure"]

Lor shook his head a little bit, but didn't push Rawnie away. Apparently, he had to tell her straight out. Oh, whatever. That was how things between them usually were. Sidestepping through a conversation would only get confusing.

"No, see... I think you're pregnant, Rawnie. Nothing really wrong, but... I did cause it."

Rawnie Tal'verda

Tal'Verda Aliit'buir
At the word 'pregnant', she felt her cheeks burn. How... how stupid was she? This was her own body! She should have realized! She was quiet for a moment, soaking this in.

"Ni cuyir yaihadla...?" she mumbled to herself, "mhi cuyir ganar a ik'aad?"

I'm pregnant? We're having a baby?

She buried her face in his chest while they sat there on the bathroom floor. How did she feel about that? He sounded pretty sure. And it was true she hadn't bled for a while... Still, that was not that unusual for her. Sometimes she skipped a month all together. That was just how her body worked. But then there was everything else...

"Are you... alright?"

[member="Doctor Azure"]

Lor laughed at Rawnie's question, albeit a little weakly. She was the one who'd end up carrying a baby around in a few months. He gave her a kiss on the nose.

"I'm not worried about me. I just feel stupid for not realizing before."

His eyes brightened, and he smiled at her.

"Rawnie, we're gonna be parents... Wow."

Rawnie Tal'verda

Tal'Verda Aliit'buir
Parents. She would be a buir. A mother. They would have a family together, a child... maybe more some day. She hoped for more. She grinned, clutching him tightly.

"How the hell did we not figure this out sooner?!" she laughed, "I feel so stupid!"

She should have known. Come to think of it, how did Lorane, the doctor, not put it together? Oh, she would have to tease him about this relentlessly... some day. For now, this was good news, or least, she thought this was good news.

"You're going to be a father, Lor'ika!"

[member="Doctor Azure"]

Lor smiled crookedly back at Rawnie, vaguely wondering whether he could kiss her. Did she still have a bunch of vomit in her mouth?​
"And you're gonna be a mother. Chit, that means Zandra's gonna be a grandmother, and Serenna's gonna be an auntie."
Regardless of what Rawnie's mouth probably tasted like right now, he pulled her closer and gave her a long kiss. He was almost as happy as the night she'd told him she loved him. What he was feeling right now felt a bit similar, too.​
"I love you a lot."
He kissed her and held her a bit more. It wasn't like they had anything more important to do.​

Rawnie Tal'verda

Tal'Verda Aliit'buir
Well, she wished he had given her a moment to gargle some mouthwash before getting all romantic on the bathroom floor, but too late. He made his decision. He chose to kiss her just then. Thankfully, she'd been able to clean herself just a little bit beforehand, so it wasn't that bad.

"We're going to have to think of names," she realized, "and I'll have to build a crib. And the cabin is going to have to be fixed up a little. But I'll go hunting for some new furs to line the babys crib with, and I'll start making clothes. And-"

The sheer weight of all this, all that they had left to do was starting to make her feel a little dizzy...

"...Let's go sit down on the couch and talk about this more."

[member="Doctor Azure"]

Lor helped Rawnie up off the ground, nuzzling her cheek a little bit.​
"It's a lot to talk about. The couch sounds like a nice idea."
He gently guided her over to the couch before he sat down and smiled at her a bit teasingly.​
"Y'know, if you end up all curvy, I'm gonna have a hard time keeping my hands off you."

Rawnie Tal'verda

Tal'Verda Aliit'buir
Couch. Much better. She curled up next to him, head on his shoulder, smiling.

"Curvy?" she raised an eyebrow, one hand touching her stomach, "What do you mean?"

She looked down at her figure. Stick thin. Muscular, but thin. She was built like an athlete, very little body fat on her. That was likely to change after having the baby though. She'd seen how much a womans body could change in only a few months. In truth, she was not looking forward to the idea of not fitting in her armor a few months from now. What would she do with herself? What would she wear?

[member="Doctor Azure"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom