Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Royal High Commander, Ducha of Charubah
So, I have returned to this community from a long hiatus and essentially had to rewrite my character in the process... but, that said, I come back to a community which appears to be relatively slow and quiet compared to what I had seen before. I belong to the Hapes Consortium and the potential that faction alone has and how quiet it is right now makes me want to reach out to the community to figure out precisely what writers want in a given faction. While Hapes might not have a force tradition, we DO have a military. Few people seem politically inclined, but the roles for politicos exist.

SO! Pulse check! In terms of roles, how can the Hapes Consortium fulfil writers' interests?

I think the HC is a neat idea as a side project, as someone who has done planet/system-based government stuff before, just as a word of advice most people aren't going to make a character specifically for a faction unless it's something that is going to draw a large swathe of people in. It's free real estate right now, so if the goal is to have a faction built around Hapes then it might be prudent to consider a faction larger than just the planet/its people so you can attract other writers that might not be able to make a Hapan but otherwise might write with the group you're currently forming.

Ducha Relina Zhan Ducha Relina Zhan

It's crossed my mind. Thing
I think the HC is a neat idea as a side project, as someone who has done planet/system-based government stuff before, just as a word of advice most people aren't going to make a character specifically for a faction unless it's something that is going to draw a large swathe of people in. It's free real estate right now, so if the goal is to have a faction built around Hapes then it might be prudent to consider a faction larger than just the planet/its people so you can attract other writers that might not be able to make a Hapan but otherwise might write with the group you're currently forming.

Ducha Relina Zhan Ducha Relina Zhan
It's crossed my mind. Hapes was never really expansionist, but something similar can be achieved through vassal territories and protectorates. The Hapes Consortium is, fundamentally speaking, self-sufficient and technically doesn't need outside territories to survive. However, the spread of Hapan culture can be an interesting thing to play out.

However, I have little in the way of any designs to play in any other faction. I haven't the time to focus on more than one project, personally. So, I'm wanting to do whatever I can to make the Hapes Consortium a major player in this community without compromising on canon-based lore (unlike the Star Wars Combine's decision to essentially rewrite Hapan history and culture, losing the original canon faction's unique identity as a result).

The creation of a Force Tradition uniquely Hapan in the intervening years is actually a neat idea. Thematically, it can draw upon Hapes' history of Jedi on the throne starting with Tenel Ka Djo, so yeah! That'll actually fix something Hapes, as a faction, has been lacking.

given Allana the queen mother was tied to them it is a part of it, I linked them in the discord along with the other things that tie into them like robes and hapan force crystals

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom