Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Hanger Talk

Daz Farlander, Lieutenant, Galactic Alliance Starfighter Corps
Tags: Voldran Molf Voldran Molf

Cheap maintenance.

It was an ideal task for someone keener on doing it, the mechanics job. It wasn’t in a pilot's place to do the repairs, the only minor troubleshoots. But unlike other pilots, Daz enjoys his time repairing his X-Wing. He would shoo away the repairmen and the mechanics who tried to touch his X-Wing. He would do the repairs himself so he knew what went wrong if anything did go wrong.

Daz and his astromech droid, B5-A2 were sitting relatively close to the back of the hangar bay, going over the basic diagnostics. Boring. Daz always hated the diagnostic check because it slow and there was nothing to ever do while waiting. BA was right next to Daz, giving him any tools he needed. At this particular station, he was new. He had just been transferred to his new Squadron, Phantom Squadron. Apparently there had also been a new transfer. He had heard very little about this new person, aside from little rumors here and there which he didn’t care to listen to.

Wherever they are, hopefully, they won’t have to do silly diagnostics.

S H A D O W - L O R D
Rhyssa Edaara Quillan-E’ron
Ace pilot, commando, major, member of the Wraith Squadron (Phantom Group), Force disciple
vrQBxlO.png
Equipment: Purple blade lightsaber | 2x duranium Shortsword | Blaster Pistol | Tactical Turtleneck with this look | Viper Mk. I Skinsuit | G1 OmniLink || BB-4 astro droid – Little One |
Tag: Daz Farlander Daz Farlander
6akoRGg.png

Another day when Rhys had a hard time getting out of bed in the morning. She should have been excited because it was her first day at her new Squadron, but her depression was stronger again, so she couldn’t be happy about the little things. Her morning routine was pretty mechanized, she almost didn't realize she had done it, only realized at the breakfast table that she was ready to go, when Jassa arrived. She couldn't eat a bite today, though there was plenty to choose from, the Vorco clan was rich enough, and Jassa was trying to get her to do the same. But Rhys just shook her head.

BB-4, aka Little One was also with her, since for many years, the woman didn’t need any other droids, just this once-gotten-worn little thing. She had taken it before when someone wanted to throw it out, but she immediately liked it. Hasn't wanted to get rid of her since. Because the droid was a little girl. So she arrived with the droid in the hangar bay they had given her in the letter she received. As she arrived Rhys was greeted by a rather empty hangar where there was not too much of everyone. She saw only one man and a droid. BB-4 began to beep loudly beside her. The long red-haired woman just shook her head at this.

”No Little One, I didn't miss the hangar, we had to come here!” she said kindly.

It is true that she did not understand why, but she did not question the order she received. Rhys doesn't usually contradict her superiors. The other issue was that she, on the other hand, contradicted anyone else, starting with her husband. Although Xeth loved that if she did this and always put the woman in a position to provoke this out of her. Successfully, every single time. She smiled involuntarily at the thought, then frowned because her husband was not here with her. They could rarely just be together, since the man was a Sith Lord. Meanwhile, she started toward the man, and when they got close enough, she greeted him.

”Hello, I'm Major Rhyssa Edaara Quillan. Today is my first day at the Phantom Group. Based on the official letter, I had to come here today, but no name was written on who I needed to meet. Or who should I sign for service. Would you be, sir?”

She looked at the man with interest. Rhys was usually determined (almost always), but now she felt a little lost in this place. These meetings were different at her former squads, it was all very unexpected for her now.

XppFif9.png

MRpi2mY.gif

Daz pushed himself under his X-Wing to check his landing gear, sometimes they would have trouble deploying. Not on his watch anyway. BA rotated himself around, looking towards the entrance of the hangar bay. A couple of loud beeps got Daz's attention, yet he was too focused on the landing gear to give a quick glance or two.

"Yeah? What is now BA?" Daz responded, a bit irritated. A cable had come off of the landing gear and trying to get it to go back into place was a pain in the behind. BA responded with a couple more beeps, notifying that someone was coming towards them. Daz thought to himself. We're visitors coming in around the hanger? He didn't know today people we're allowed to come and see. Plus, Daz enjoyed his quiet time.

A voice, subtle but strong spoke up behind Daz.

”Hello, I'm Major Rhyssa Edaara Quillan. Today is my first day at the Phantom Group. Based on the official letter, I had to come here today, but no name was written on who I needed to meet. Or who should I sign for service. Would you be, sir?”

Daz was caught off guard. Seems like BA was telling the truth about someone showing up. He turned slowly and maneuvered himself out from under the X-Wing's underbelly. He cleared his throat, speaking up.

"Major." He threw up a small salute before dropping it. "Lieutenant Daz Farlander. I'm new to the Phantom Group as well. Seems like you are the newcomer that everyone is speaking about." He then looked down at the BB droid, crouching down to get to an eye-to-eye level. Daz had a deep love for droids. He grew up around some droids, his best friends at times. He found their individual personalities very interesting. And this one here looked every friendly.

"Hey there, little guy." Daz smiled as the droid responded with some happy beeps and whirrs. BA came up behind him, shock prod extended. The droid bumped right into his behind, shocking him. Daz turned instantly, falling over. BA responded with some not so friendly beeps so Daz responded back.

"Yeah, well this droid seems nice unlike you. You're always mean to me." He said getting up. He rubbed his behind as he looked at the red-headed woman. "My apologies Major, my droid here seems to be malfunctioning." He said through gritted teeth as he nudged his astromech a bit. This aggressive but playful banter between each other is what truly made their relationship. Daz rubbed his neck as he leaned up against his X-Wing, staring back at the pair.

"So the letter told you to come here? And trust me, I'm not the person you would meet."

Last edited:
S H A D O W - L O R D
Ace pilot, commando, major, member of the Wraith Squadron (Phantom Group), Force disciple
vrQBxlO.png
Equipment: Purple blade lightsaber | 2x duranium Shortsword | Blaster Pistol | Tactical Turtleneck with this look | Viper Mk. I Skinsuit | G1 OmniLink || BB-4 astro droid – Little One |
6akoRGg.png

”Lieutenant!” Rhys nodded at the man and returned the salute.

From this, that is, from the rank, the woman already knew that it was probably not the man she was looking for. It would have been surprising if they had been sent to a lower-ranking person for briefing. Then she thought it possible that the man was also a member of the corps. And that was the reason why the lieutenant was here. Rhys chuckled at the man's words. She could only rejoice if her reputation had preceded her.

”I hope they only spoke good ones.” she smiled. ”Although I'd like to earn that “reputation” here, within the Phantom Group.”

Though she knew perfectly well that she was a damn good pilot, she only voiced this when she had to take on life-threatening madness and mission from someone else. Otherwise, she was rather modest about the question. BB-4 responded to the greeting with a not-too-enthusiastic and offended beep. Rhys chuckled at this again.

”She doesn’t like to be called a “guy”. She has feminine programming, so she prefers to address the “little girl” better. Anyway, her name is Little One.” she explained kindly. ”I think your droid is just jealous.”

BB-4 chirped contentedly at the woman's legs for explanation. Rhys watched the other droid with interest and still insisted that she thought he was jealous and not malfunctioning. The red-hair woman knew that everyone treated his/her droid completely differently, and the man in front of her and BA reminded the young woman of a grumpy, old couple. She had a lot of fun with this because it was always a pleasure for her if someone else loved his/her droid as much as she did with Little One. Rhys nodded at the question.

”Yes, in principle I get a briefing here… You mentioned that you are new to the squad. When were you transferred?”

XppFif9.png

MRpi2mY.gif

”Yes, in principle I get a briefing here… You mentioned that you are new to the squad. When were you transferred?”

"A while back, maybe a few cycles ago," Daz said as he turned and ducked under the X-Wing to access the broken landing gear cable. "And my apologies, Little One." He smiled at the droid, nodding, and getting back to work. He then grabbed the cable again and tried to force the two ends together. Gritting his teeth, he struggled as the tension between the two ends were tighter than ever. He let go, the cable ends moving from the struggle, Daz sitting back. He drove a hand through his short black hair as he looked back at the woman.

"The flight commander should be somewhere around here. If he did leave then I don't know where to. As I said, I'm new here too." Daz got up, using BA as support. In all honesty, Daz barely knew anyone around here. He had just gotten the information he needed to transfer: where the hanger and refueling station was and who was the flight commander. He saw him nowhere around the hanger as he had been then for nearly the whole day. As much as he wanted to help, he couldn't. And that's when Daz thought.

Daz looked around hanger as it was still relatively empty. Only a couple fighters had been in the hanger looking for maintenance checks or refuelings for more casual runs, but her fighter was nowhere to be found. Daz grabbed the small stepping ladder used to enter the cockpit and walked up, sitting on the nose of the X-Wing. He looked down at both the woman and her droid. "Say, where's your fighter Major?" He asked, BA reassuring him with a couple of beeps.

S H A D O W - L O R D
vrQBxlO.png
6akoRGg.png

”Then according to this, even if you have not been here for too long. I have no luck.” she nodded at the man's words. ”And yet I was really hoping you could tell me a little about the team.”

Although the two were not mutually exclusive, he may have already known them well, and then Rhys will be lucky too. As Little One received the apology, this time she was chirping and beeping at the man much more cheerfully and kindly. Rhys just smiled at the scene, she knew her droid very well and she knew how self-esteem the little thing could be.

”Need help with your fighter? I am also a little proficient with fixing them.”

She offered it kindly and with a smile, as she saw how immersed the man was in the repair or maintenance work. So the commander was here somewhere nearby, but unfortunately the man didn't know because he was new. Rhys looked around, but there really was no one here but just them..

”But you're still more familiar here than I am, Lieutenant, and I'm grateful for your help and company so far.”

She said this kindly, even though the man hadn't really been able to help her much yet. Meanwhile, smiling, she watched the man go up to his own plane and sit on its nose. At Daz's question, Rhys looked around in surprise, searching for her own ship, but hadn't seen it yet. And to the best of her knowledge, the ship should have been here by now, because hit had been removed from her previous unit the day she received the relocation paper. It's been a week.

”I have to say I have no idea… I'm starting to think I had to come here because of that. It should be here for a week by now. I really hope they didn’t lose that bird!”

XppFif9.png

MRpi2mY.gif

Daz pondered at the response. He also hoped that her fighter wasn't halfway across the galaxy. Otherwise, she would have to be issued a new one. And nobody wants to sit through that maintenance check. Absolutely nobody.

Although Daz was usually the only one to do repairs on his fighter, it seemed like his X-Wing had some overlying issues that definitely needed to be addressed be for the next flight run. The landing gear, navicomputer, the engines, it seemed like the fighter was finally taking the strain from all the previous missions Daz has gone through. It's astonishing how the bird can even fly. Extreme repair was needed and Daz could most likely finish in a couple of days if he was committed but since he has help right here...

"Major, you did offer to help me fix this hunk of junk right?" Daz said, getting off of the nose of the X-Wing and standing in front of her. "I'd greatly appreciate it if you would."

And as if it was right on queue, the landing gear seemed to groan in stress, most likely because of the unsupported weight from one leg. Daz turned quickly, rushing under the X-Wing to grab a hold of the torn cable. He started to pull ends close, but could never get the ends to meet far enough to tie or fuse them together.

"I'd really appreciate it."

S H A D O W - L O R D
vrQBxlO.png
6akoRGg.png

Rhys waited patiently for the man to answer her, in the meantime BB-4 began to walk around, that is, to roll around the hangar. She was probably looking for Rhys' fighter, as it had been about before. But she probably wouldn’t find it either, because the orange-black bird wasn’t here. Meanwhile the man jumped off the plane right in front of the woman. Rhys was a little surprised that the man was so surprised at the offer.

”I was serious.” she smiled. ”I don't know why you find this so surprising, Lieutenant. And please don’t call this bird to garbage because they have souls.”

She said kindly. For the woman, it was a matter of course to do so and offer it all. Her former units had not only soldiers and comrades serving in one place, but also friends. She hoped she would be able to count on her teammates here as well. After all, she thought that this would give the teams the strength to be able to count on each other in all situations. Not just on the battlefield.

”You can then thank me for this, along with a drink, if we fixed it. I hope here too it is customary for team members to get together at times in a company to drink something.” she said a little cautiously. ”So let's see.”

She also walked over to the fighter and tried to see what could be wrong. Meanwhile, she helped the man with the cables to make them touch, and in the process she noticed another error on the bird.

”I also see a faulty seal here!”

XppFif9.png

MRpi2mY.gif

Coruscant Hangar Bay, Level 2451, Coruscant
TAGS:
Voldran Molf Voldran Molf Daz Farlander Daz Farlander

vgSMXsQ.png
When Olen had been thinking of potential secret hideouts for his new unit. A decrepit, half falling apart hangar hadn't been top of his list. It had been serviceable though, and a commendable effort by the Phantom Group mechanics team had meant that the place looked somewhat respectable. Or, at least in working condition to support a couple of X-Wings. He stepped out from the shadows, his orange flight suit not doing much in the way of obscuring his identity.

In his immediate vicinity, Olen could spot two figures, one red haired and the other one dark. Coming to the conclusion that they were the people whom he'd invited. He waited in the wings for a bit before walking towards the two.

"I better be getting a drink too, on you Major Quillian E'ron." He joked, grinning at his successfully landed jest.

"I'm Commander Olen Halcorr, your new unit commanding officer. Pleased to meet you both. Lieutenant Farlander, I've heard quite a bit, mostly good things not to worry. Major, good to make your acquaintance, good to have some experience in the ranks."

From their current temperament, he could deduce that they hadn't been at the Battle of Bastion. It was a mystery that so many could have just discarded such a poignant and prominent engagement. Red Squadron had dealt damage to the Sith Fleet, taking down more than a few ships, at the expense of many of its members. A memory he'd much rather forget. But this was new blood and he had a strange feeling that they would go through much worse.

Tags: Voldran Molf Voldran Molf & Olen Halcorr Olen Halcorr

”I also see a faulty seal here!”

Daz let out a large sigh. Another one? Seriously? Repairing this seemed looked like a faraway dream than a close reality. He let his grip loosen on the ends of the cord to get a better look at the seal. And just like how the major described it, it was definitely faulty. "B2!" He called out. The droid slowly wheeled itself over to Daz, a few questioning beeps coming from the astromech. "I need that seal... well... sealed." The droid moved over towards the seal and began to work. Daz wiped his brow as an unfamiliar voice spoke up from across the hangar bay.

"I'm Commander Olen Halcorr, your new unit commanding officer. Pleased to meet you both. Lieutenant Farlander, I've heard quite a bit, mostly good things not to worry. Major, good to make your acquaintance, good to have some experience in the ranks."

A grin grew on Daz's face. He walked out from under the X-Wing to stand face-to-face with the Commander. Giving a slight salute, he wondered what the blonde-haired fly-boy was doing here. "Commander Halcorr!" He said. He held out his hand in an affirmative handshake. Dropping his hand, Daz spoke up once again. "It's good to be here, get settled in, enjoy the Courscanti view. Although, it's not looking so good over here.." Daz pointed over to the X-Wing. And as if it was right on queue, the X-Wing rocked a bit due to the suspension cable being in cut in half. B2 beeped in agreement.

"A few repair issues but nothing that can't be fixed, right?" Daz said as he rubbed the back of his neck smiling.

S H A D O W - L O R D
vrQBxlO.png
Tag: Daz Farlander Daz Farlander | Olen Halcorr Olen Halcorr
6akoRGg.png

They were right in the middle of the fixing when she heard the voice of an unknown man not so far away. BB-4 also heard it from a distance and the droid beeped and rolled back to its owner to see who had arrived. Rhys also climbed out from under the fighter and looked at the man. She almost grinned when the man introduced himself. She immediately cut herself to a military position and saluted the man.

”Commander!” she said militarily.

Only stop doing this if she is given permission to take up a “resting” posture. She may have been a more relaxed, more direct person in general, but she always behaved respectfully and appropriately in service or with her superiors. There was never a complaint about it, except on one occasion when her husband - who was not known to be her husband nor that he was not a Jedi - disappeared and the woman was very under herself.

She hit one of her companions, her superiors almost demoted the woman, but eventually the devaronian was kicked out of the army for multiple sexual harassment at his expense. And Rhys escaped the case with a verbal warning. True, this did not mean that everything outside of working hours was fine with her behaviour. But even then, she knew what behaviours were appropriate in what situation, another matter was that she only adhered to it within the army.

”Nice to meet you, sir! If you will allow me a question, sir, do you know where my X-wing is? It’s not here, it says it wasn’t transported here yet, but it was taken from my previous unit a week ago.”

XppFif9.png

MRpi2mY.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom