Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Handmaiden's Tale

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
Naboo was beautiful to many... ideal if you really wanted to just bask in a culture few could see more serene and below the surface... well there were always stories and legends. THe last time she had been around this area was when Feena Mason was alive... a masterful healer and ruler who sought to keep the peace on a world like this... She wasn't certain of much but it did have much appeal as the ship came in and was touching down in one of the swamps. Massive trees that obscured the swamps where ancient ruins were overgrown. The jedi master was sitting in the meditation chambers of the ship, her seeker class looked like a slightly larger YT-1300.. designed much like it as well but with additional layers and levels.

She was in one of the chambers at the top and could see the swamp all around, the domed observation window was crystasteel and one sided so she could look out and see the turrets for defense that had been set up and scanned wit the droid brain. THe other part was for her when she started moving down the lift that went to the middle of the shiop and the ramp that would take them down. Other jedi had a chance to come with her onto Naboo as the jedi master was coming to meet one of her contacts. The jedi master moved with her robes on. Stark white like her skin, the experimental Artisan robes were being made to have dozen's of small sections with trinkets and tools for colecting materials.

"Yane." She said coming down the ramp, hair done up in loops that folded the mass into something that only went down to her ankles, the crystal bells radiating the force as they had kyber crystals within them and kasha for insight. The geta made from arkannes wood barely made a sound while adding an inch to her normal size and she looked at the Nubian female who was standing there in the swamp. The fiery orange and red robes stood out but they obscured her face for a moment before she lid the hood back and revealed her face. Sun kissed bronze skin with deep caramel eyes and thick black hair in braids. No weapons were visible but she was certain she had one or two. The handmaiden's were well trained she had heard in some ways and she was friends with a few.

"Welcome Matsu." She spoke with a slight accent but she had practiced to impersonate the queen for a decoy if need be so the jedi master knew she could change and modulate her voice. She still came over though and embraced the jedi master kissing her cheeks and leaning back a little. "Still so young looking for one I met as a child." That got a look from the jedi master and a snicker before the two of them were laughing. "THank you, now I just feel old." Yane was moving and walked along as the jedi master let the other jedi who might be with them and gave a nod of her head. Where they could look around the swamp and see some of the ruins. The boat they would be able to take into Theed though would let them go through the lake country.

Iovty Karnsor

I
Iovty made his way off the ship shortly after Master [member="Matsu Ike"]. He had only been to Naboo once before, and it wasn't pleasant. He was hoping this trip with an old friend would end better than that time. He hadn't made it to this part of the planet during his previous visit but the swamps were something he immediately enjoyed. It reminded him of Kashyyk, a planet he also enjoyed quite well, despite rarely visiting. He could feel the warm moisture collect on his scales and the peaceful air to the swamp was calming. Looking around at the ruins and flora he was further interested, but as far as he knew there was little time to sightsee. The master was looking for various things that seemed quite vital to her, at least from the way she spoke of them. Some fabrics and other materials she needed to continue her artisan craft. As far as he knew there was no time to waste. "Where to massster?" he asks, his lizard tong dragging out the 's' as it usually does.

[member="Iovty Karnsor"]

THe jedi master looked at the jedi with her and she gave a nod of her head. "TO THeed but through the lake counrty... there is a great deal there to see and it is peaceful." While they could fly there it was a peaceful area, a place of meditation and peace that soothed the spirit when Yane brought them to a river skiff. Large, sleek silver with wooden paneling for the decks. Others handmaidens were milling around and they had set up with their master. One of the senators from Coruscant sat there. Dark skin gleaming from exotic oils and her hair was in braids while wearing a swimsuit. She perked up and smiled looking at the jedi. "Masters jedi, welcome, so glad we could have you visit." Matsu bowed her head and took a seat as one of the handmaidens was strumming an musical instrument, another had brushes and paints as she had an image of her master being worked on and painted. "We were just enjoying the beauty."

Iovty Karnsor

I
[member="Matsu Ike"]

"Indeed, the nature on this planet is quite ssserene." Iovty sat comfortably in the boat alongside the Master Jedi. He listened to the music being played and watched the handmaiden painting with here brushes, both being equally beautiful works of art. Listening to the calming music and the sounds of nature Iovty folded his and began to slow his breathing. If things continued this way then this trip to Naboo will be me much more calm and enjoyable than the last, though that wasn't exactly hard. Iovty was still curious about what the master was looking for. He wasn't exactly sure the use for these materials she wished to collect but he assumed they were at the very least for her artisan ventures. "What isss it we're looking for, exactly, master?"

[member="Iovty Karnsor"]

"Blue algae, the gungans and people of Naboo developed it to grow food and it is exponentially potent at it. If the reports are correct in a year they grew enough food to rebuild their well everything credit wise and still give it away." She looked at the senator for acknowledgement and confirmation. "Yes, it is strong and we offer it to farmers and anyone who really wishes to try and use it but it isn't easy to keep alive off world. Biospheres are usually required to maintain it and that doesn't give a lot of space to grow but I know you master jedi you always have a plan." THat got a grin but it was more along the lines of yes.... Matsu spoke about the other. "And Karlini fabric, this material is made here and what is left over is used to make an expensive tea afterwards that is soothing... but the fabric can be used for just about any clothing and is strong against blasters and blades."

Iovty Karnsor

I
[member="Matsu Ike"]

"Algae and cloth? I can see why you would want the fabric, essspecially if it's as resistant as you say, but why would you need a potent agricultural material? Are you a farmer now massster?" The Trandoshan gave the master a slight, toothy smile,

[member="Iovty Karnsor"]

SHe looked at him and was seated there. "Farming is an important part to anything, growing our food to feed the jedi but also give when it is needed to people. An important aspect of charity. THis can also be used to develop trees for wood, or vine silk." She raised an eyebrow though watching and crossed her legs as the lake country out of the swamp shifted more. The waterfalls that were on display, the water as it become clear showing white rocks down below. The jedi master looked at the senator as she had some of the handmaiden's feeding her grapes but a smile was on her face. "We can grow more then food with it, where forests were torn apart by battle we can regrow the trees within a few years instead of centuries waiting for them to get back to their former beauty."

Iovty Karnsor

I
[member="Matsu Ike"]

"I never though of it that way master, although growing and raising things aren't quite my specialty." As he says that he crosses his legs, just as the master is doing, "I'm sure I could learn from it though, knowledge is power after all."

[member="Iovty Karnsor"]

"Knowledge is important but power if that is your only goal can be dangerous." She said it and the lake country's landscapes were all around them.. letting the jedi master calm herself and she had to admit there was a great deal of beauty here as their hosts were mostly going about their business. In the distance the golden arched domes of the estates on dozen's of little islands within the many lakes. Where the jedi master peered though she could also see some gungans who were swimming and moving around the lakes. They had their pets and she could see some of the algae on the surface that was being used to cultivate fruits.

Iovty Karnsor

I
[member="Matsu Ike"]

"Knowledge preventsss ignorance, lack of ignorance makes onesss mind stronger, and a ssstronger mind makes and stronger persson." He looks the Master Matsu in the eyes. "I seek not power, rather I seek to strengthen my link to the force to better understand the galaxy. To gain knowledge. The power the comes along with such activity is simply a welcome addition."

[member="Iovty Karnsor"]

She offered a bow of her head and sat back. While meditation was great there was something to be said about just relaxing. One of the islands came closer into view and she could make out the sleek silver boat that skimmed the water. Repulsors letting it move across quickly after the red robed woman was standing within it. Face covered in make up as the white seemed to obscure her as she had other handmaiden's around her. "It always amuses me to see how formal your people are even out here where there is little chance many will see it." THe jedi master said it but was looking at the other handmaiden's who were standing around the senator and she spoke looking at the other boat. "Naboo is peaceful, we instead chose to focus are attention on beauty and skills. That does mean looking lavish at all times and without such skilled handmaiden's how else is all of that hair going to get pinned up."

Iovty Karnsor

I
[member="Matsu Ike"]

Listening to the back and forth between Master Matsu and the woman she was speaking with Iovty picked up a little more about Nubian culture. Presentable and vain, but in a good way, if there was a good side to being vain at least. Although he appreciated their presentability the lavish red robes of the handmaidens did seem to be a bit unorothodox when it came to swamp where. However, Iovty wore his Jedi robes everywhere so who was he to jude. Besides, if he can follow his oragnizations dress code in any weather and enviorment why shouldn't they.

[member="Iovty Karnsor"]

The jedi master was looking at it and listening... much of the information that had been given well she understood. She knew a few handmaidens for itself... she had known Cassandra, Leung and Lorelei from Feena.. she had known one or two others but the handmaidens she had a respect for. They did a lot and Naboo Queens were generally younger compared to many of the others in the galaxy. THey started young and continued well into their seasoned age at times with their planets politics. Here she was looking at the other jedi. Iovty was interesting though and she preferred seeing what he could think about it. "And what padawan is your opinion in all of this?" She asked it but the boat continued on forward as she breathed in deeply the scents with the silvers of white marble and gilded roofs in the distance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom