Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Halting the Gears (Republic Dominion of Gratos)

@[member="Kira Liadain"]b @[member="Hayato"] @[member="Antares Windu"]

Ordo had been battling the Graug nest for hours now his body ached and his joints secreamed as he fought violently for his kife. The Sith he had hoped to find was not here evidently.

His armored hand gripped a Graug neck as the crushgaunt did the rest and ended the creatures life mere centimeters from his faceplate. He was getting near an exit he could smell a lightening of the stench of the Graug. If not for the choked route he took he would already be dead.

He had fought the urge up until now but he saw very little choice as the beast pressed in on him. He threw a fragmentation grenade and called on the force to strengthen him. The grenade exploded and slowed the pressing horde. It gave Ordo time to let his rifle hang around his neck as he pulled his light saber. The Orange blade glowed like fire in the blackness of the caves. He swung vigorously with the sweeps and chops of Djem so. The falling avalanche rent more than half a dozen graug as he backed toward the approaching exit. The sound of battle could be heard as he held back nothing short of hos life to strike at the locu...Graug.

@[member="Leori Sheltrak"]

A'dele for a moment appeared to blanch just a shade lighter, but she gave a nod. After disposing of the derma needle properly and untying the synth flesh strap around her arm, the Zabrak took a fresh square of gauze in her left hand.

"Press here right?" she asked, hovering the gauze over the entrance of the catheter lay in her vein. She would need to apply proper pressure to gently and safely remove the IV.

If acknowledged, she would then remove the IV, applying pressure to her arm to ensure that there was no unnecessary bleeding. A small tape of synthflesh would ensure that the bandage would stay in place.

@A'dele Adonai

Leori nodded. "That's right." She watched as she finished the job. "See? You did it." She smiled.

The Jedi Master hopped off the stretcher. "You can practice suturing on a chunk of meat, which we don't really have available at the moment. But if the opportunity arises, I will instruct you."

She considered what else they might encounter. "Hmm. What else would you like to learn today?"

A'dele gave a nod, disposing of the contaminated items. She gave a slow whoosh of a sigh, giving a cordial half smile. "Thank you Master SHeltrak." Behind them, the triage area had been set. Beyond that, the perimeter was almost complete.

Around the planet, Jedi and Republic forces were still clearing the areas of any hostiles, but it appeared that without any strong Dark Force User leading them, they quickly went into hiding. Those that did not fought were spared, and detained for everyones safety.

For now, hostages were being released while others fought the more hostile of Graug forces.

A'dele glanced over at Leori, and after a moment, said, "I would certainly be honored if there was a way for me to learn how to cure disease," she admitted, just as a shout and a rush from a small scouting party of Jedi came in. They brought a group of hostages, some that were injured.

Within seconds, A'dele went into action, "Over here," she pointed to an empty cot.

Antares watched @[member="Hayato"] with a skeptical look in his eyes. "What were you actually doing?" He said. He doubted he was meditating on Gratos, out of all of the places? Gratos? Where the supposed big, mean, and ugly Graug lived? Seemed like the best place to meditate, no?
"No Jedi would be foolish enough to meditate on this planet, out of all of them." He said drily.

@[member="Kira Liadain"]

@A'dele Adonai

Leori was pleased that everything was set up for triage. "You should come to the Healer's Circle and study with Rianna Organa and I. I don't think I can teach you to cure a disease we don't have access to." That of course could change, depending on who arrived for triage. But she didn't want to say that outloud.

Before she could say anymore, there were incoming patients announced. She let A'dele take the lead, to evaluate what else she might need to learn before the next wave arrived.

Atlas Kane

A
He had to chuckle a bit when the woman showed concern for him, or was it anger? Who knew. ''Sometimes one has to confront the Dark Side, to stay away from it.'' He said, remembering a certain time. Those memories made the smile on his face disappear for a fraction of a second, then he smiled again and continued ''Oh, and about the Graug, they don't scare me. I have fought far more powerful beasts and I survived.''

When the woman said they were Jedi, he relaxed a bit. Jedi weren't known for attacking people randomly, or at least he hoped they weren't. It also made him think of the past, when he was still a Jedi. All this time ago. It brought back fun memories and some not so fun, but mostly fun ones. ''Oh, I'm no Jedi, at least not anymore.'' He said before standing up and brushing off the leafs on his pants.

@[member="Antares Windu"] @[member="Kira Liadain"]

@[member="Hayato"] @[member="Kira Liadain"] (not a clue why I'm tagging you)

Ordo continued his fight to the surface as the cave began to rumble deep below. His Shereshoy blade took chunks from the pressing Graug, but a Mandalorian with a lightsaber had slowed them slightly.

He was getting close to the exit. Soon he would have to get out and find a way to close the graug in behind him.

Had they not been caught in a whirlwind of activity, A'dele would have said she was pleased with that offer. However, there were other priorities now. One hostage had a wound on his leg, from what appeared to be shrapnel. Another was bleeding from his forehead.

One of the Jedi scouts was also wounded, but stated he was fine and that there were others who were far more important than he.

Quick to work, A'dele took to the one with the shrapnel on his leg as they laid him down. Taking to heart the words Master Sheltrak said about conserving her energy, she began to gather the supplies needed to remove any remaining metal pieces from his leg.

Kira Talith

Kinetic Communication at its finest my Chick-e-dee
@[member="Antares Windu"] @Ordo @Hayato

Normally, Kira would have continued with her barrage of questions, but off in the distance, she heard the rumbling of stone. Turning towards it, now that a least they were assured that this new person was not a Graug or a Sith, Kira squinted off to the distance.

"What was that?!" she asked, looking back to Windu and then to Hayato. Her lips thinned, he had stated that he wasn't a Jedi anymore... but even then that held a measure of suspicion.

"You are coming with us," she told him, poking him with the sensor in emphasis for him to rise to his feet. "We are going to investigate just what is happening over there." she pointed towards the direction that Ordo's cave had collapsed.

@A'dele Adonai

Leori directed the one with head trauma to another stretcher and sat him down. As she began to look at the wound, she talked to the hostage.

"Can you tell me the date today?"

The hostage didn't seem to want to talk. So Leori spoke. "I am a Jedi Healer and a nurse, and I am trying to assess you for head injuries. Please answer my questions."

The Hostage reluctantly replied with the date.

The Jedi Master held his head straight, and held her three middle fingers in front of his eyes. They were pressed together. "How many fingers do you see?"

"3."

"Follow my fingers with just your eyes," Leori instructed.

The Hostage complied. And he seemed to be alright. Leori tilted his head back slightly to get a closer look. The bleeding had already slowed. It was closing on it's own.

Leori reached for a med kit. She took out the anticeptic and spoke again. "I'm going to clean the wound. It will sting a little. It will hurt for a minute."

The hostage nodded and sat still while she cleaned and dressed his wound. "Stay here, and stay awake," she instructed. Then the Jedi Master turned to observe A'dele's progress.

Antares nodded his head when @[member="Kira Liadain"] said they were going to go and investigate what was happening in the direction that she was pointing to, which just so happened to be where @[member="Ordo"] was. He started off in that direction without them, his hand left his lightsaber's hilt and he continued in a jobbing pace to the direction of the cave-in.

@[member="Hayato"]

@[member="Kira Liadain"]

Ordo drew closer to the end of the tunnel. Step by step he moved back. The creatures pressed in two across. He was going to have to ger really creative soon.

The hostage, a young teenager, was whimpering in pain. Murmuring softly, A'dele introduced herself, her slightly accented voice relaying the following, "I am Jedi Knight A'dele A'donai." she told him, bringing over the tools she'd need to start removing the pieces of shrapnel.

"I know you are in pain," she said, "But I need to know just what level of pain you are," she added, asking "From one to ten, can you tell me how much it hurts?" Obviously it hurt, but depending on the pain level, she would react differently. A glance up to the Master seemingly asked if she was doing this properly.

Atlas Kane

A
''Very well, I shall assist you in whatever you're here to do.'' He said. Hayato was already wondering what the Jedi were doing here and he was about to ask what, but it seemed he didn't have to. They wanted him to assist in whatever they were doing and he would gladly do so. Helping out some old friends is always nice.

''Lead the wa-'' He stopped when one of them sprinted off. Hayato decided to just follow that one, to make sure he didn't get into any trouble, since he seemed to be the younger one, probably still a Padawan. Hayato easily caught up with the young man. It wasn't that hard for someone who had trained a lot in Force Speed and who was mostly focusing on speed in their combat style. ''So then, where are we going?'' He said, running next to the young Padawan.

@[member="Antares Windu"] @[member="Kira Liadain"] @[member="Ordo"]

@[member="Hayato"]

The Jedi Padawan kept running, he wasn't trying to sprint, he wanted to take in the scenes of the planet while he was moving, to try and catch any hints of an ambush and or, to find any hints as to what the sound was. "To investigate." He said curtly. Frankly, he didn't trust this supposed former 'Jedi', but it wasn't as if the Jedi Order hunted down former members and so he opened up slightly and said, "someone could be in trouble. Think of the battle ahead." Were his only words while he ran. There was going to be a battle, that was all he could think that sound was, why else would there be such a great ruckus. ((lel))

@[member="Kira Liadain"] - @[member="Ordo"]

Kira Talith

Kinetic Communication at its finest my Chick-e-dee
@Ordo @Hayato @Antares Windu

Welp, they were off before you can say good-god-googly-moogly!

Then so was she! Before long, they came across the mouth of a large tunnel, and inside, well.... were all kinds of ruckus that suggested something wasn't too right here.

Kira glanced at the sensor, gave a shrug, and put the sensor on the ground. So far no Graug. Well... then again, there might be. Taking her saber hilt in hand, Kira prepared for the worst, coming up behind Windu and Hayato.

@A'dele Adonai

Leori nodded and moved closer to offer an extra pair of hands if they were needed. She was pleased with A'dele's bedside manner thus far. She also took the opportunity to examine the wound more closely. It was deep. It was difficult to tell if a vein or artery had been nicked, but they would find out when they removed the shrapnel.

She used the Force to pull some towels to her hands and tucked them between the hostages legs for convenience should they be necessary. If there was a nick, there would be a gush.

Working alongside Master Sheltrak, A'dele made progress. The teenager said his pain level was about five, which meant that simple painkillers would suffice. Quickly acting, she took another derma needle from one of the medical kits, along with a small vial of pain reliever. After loading the dermaneedle, she injected it on the teen's arm.

"This will help," she said in a soft murmur, all the while Master Leori brought clean towels for them. Setting the derma needle down, A'dele then took small pincers in hand, kneeling down next to the wounded leg, she took a deep breath, then gave a nod. Slowly and carefully, she began to remove pieces of shrapnel.

Behind them, the Jedi Forces were almost complete with their initial sweep of the planet. Thousands of Republic and Jedi scouts freed more prisoners, containing Graug forces and securing the planet. Soon, the battle would be over, but recovery would be only the beginning.

@[member="Hayato"] @[member="Antares Windu"] @[member="Kira Liadain"]

Ordo's force skills were what some might call highly specialized. He was a student of the very well travelled Ember Rekali and so he was much the same.

He called on the force as he looked back and saw light coming in from the exit tunnel. He blocked a high strike and roared as he called on the force and slammed a boot into the cave wall.

The cave rumbled again as the big dumb mando farm boy quickened his fighting retreat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom