Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Planet Halamir

Status
Not open for further replies.
MBmcSw8.png

Intent: To create a planet that will act as a home base for The Renegade Horde
Image Credit: Katya Gudkina |
Tyranny | [member="Sanya Val Lerium"] | Myself
Canon: N/A
Links: Leo | The Renegade Horde

Image Links: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5| 6 | 7 | 8 | 9

meompl2.png

Planet Name: Halamir
Demonym: Halamirian
Region: Mid-Rim, near the edge of the Unknown Regions
System Name: Halamir System
System Features:

• Moons: 2

Nuemar: A heavily forested moon containing primarily dense temperate woodlands, with sparser boreal forests towards the colder poles. Plenty of common wildlife is present, as are quite a few large seas. Small settlements of [SIZE=10.5pt]Halamirians[/SIZE] are located throughout the planet, though none are of particular importance. What is of note, however, is the presence of Upari crystals in trace amounts in orbit, though large specimens are incredibly rare.

• Auraka: A mostly barren moon with a breathable atmosphere but rocky and mountainous terrain. It does, however, contain several important materials used for construction such as [SIZE=10.5pt]meleenium[/SIZE], Iommite, and Zersium.

[*]
Star: 1

• Hala: A yellow G-size star around which the system rotates.

[*]
Anomalies

• The system is located in a pocket of navigable space surrounded by a cluster of dark nebulae which occlude its presence due to their extreme density. They also make it dangerous to approach without prior knowledge of the gaps between the nebulae, as their density prevents visual and sensor-based methods of cataloging bodies within, and there are at least two known black holes, though their exact locations are unknown due to the discovering ships [SIZE=10.5pt]having[/SIZE] gone missing in the darkness. Several gaps are present, however, with waystations at the openings to help guide in friendly vessels or give warning of incoming threats. In addition to ways in, there is also a path out through the nebulae and into the ‘maze’ that exists as a border between the known galaxy and the Unknown Regions, though it is not very well mapped.

• An asteroid field is present to the Galactic East, just above the entryway there into the Halamir system proper. While it doesn’t pose a danger to travelers entering or exiting the system, it’s quite large, made up of the remains of the collisions of several planets thousands of years ago, and is somewhat dense, making travel through it exceptionally difficult. In addition, part of the field extends into one of the nebulae, leaving its true size unknown even to [SIZE=10.5pt]Halamirians[/SIZE].

[*]
Rotational Period: 26 Standard Hours

[*]
Orbital Period: 360 Days

Coordinates: S-18
Major Imports: Refinement equipment, Mining equipment, weapons, chemicals
Major Exports: Various minerals and metals, unprocessed ores, Refined
[SIZE=10.5pt]baradium[/SIZE], Durasteel

9rhJWJb.png

Gravity: Standard
Climate: Temperate
Primary Terrain: Ruined Ecumenopolis, Plains, Rocky Badlands, Mountains, Savannah
Atmosphere: Type I
Major Locations:

lB95ILW.png

• Halama City - Rebuilt from the remains of a failed attempt at building an ecumenopolis thousands of years ago, the capital remains a testament to what could have been. A once sprawling city, most of it fell to ruin after its abandonment. Once the Horde found their place here, however, they began rebuilding with the intention of settling their own society amongst the ruins. The rebuilding has gone a long way, with much of the city now home to the vast majority of the planet’s population. Many of the larger buildings remain standing, home to much of the military, while the ground level abodes are occupied by domestic and commercial properties. The capital is connected to many of the other inhabited regions via a single main hovertrain railway, though there are other spines that split off to connect to various areas.
qDr6oqe.png

GVEEvUk.png

• Fayli City - Located on the far side of Halama City, the two share a border, though Fayli City contains much of the manufacturing capacity. It also contains the remains of the shipyards once built by the society that predated the Horde, though have been undergoing renovations and rebuilding in order to get shipbuilding operations moving.
qDr6oqe.png

eI8Y0a8.png

• New Nabat - One of the larger towns built from scratch, New Nabat was founded by a group of immigrated Twi’leks some centuries ago, and the name was retained despite the modern diversity of the town. [SIZE=10.5pt]Still[/SIZE] under the authority of the Horde Boss, New Nabat boasts a significant benefit in that it contains a baradium refinement facility a short yet safe distance outside of its border, providing a mining workforce as well to the natural deposits of the chemicals that make up the powerful explosive.
qDr6oqe.png

N68h67i.png

• New Nabat Communications Tower - Once a building that provided long-range communications for a now dead society, the massive structure now allows the Horde through its people in New Nabat to communicate as far as the Mara Corridor.
qDr6oqe.png

3tvdR8O.png

• Oroberra Valley - Home to much of the Sullustan and all of the Killik population on Halamir, the Oroberra Valley was named by the Killiks who first populated it centuries ago. The region is one of the few populated areas that remain outside of Horde control, though they maintain a tense and fragile peace with them. One thing the two cultures share however is the agreement to include a section of the valley as a stretch of a pod-racing track.
qDr6oqe.png

xNHouXW.png

• Oroberra Valley Rail Station - One of the few surface structures of note in the Valley, the rail station is the primary trade point between the native groups and the Horde. Despite the name, it’s much more than a simple station, containing restaurants, storefronts, and the planet’s pod racing hub. People from all over come here for regular races every few months in the spirit of sport and peace.
qDr6oqe.png

R4ir8pH.png

• Halama Ruins - A portion of the city left submerged centuries ago after a massive flood, what remains of it is now fair game to treasure hunters or explorers brave enough to risk the depths. Of course, they are completely at the mercy of the creatures of the deep.
qDr6oqe.png

3ZZGM7L.png

• Oluma Mines - At quite a distance from most of the cities and towns, connected only by the railway, the Oluma Mines are a major source of minerals and other underground resources.
qDr6oqe.png

SoBt06I.png

Native Species: N/A
Immigrated Species: Humans, Twi’leks, Sullustans, Devaronians, Zabrak, Killiks,
[SIZE=10.5pt]Felacatians[/SIZE], various others
Population: Sparsely Populated
Demographics: While New Nabat boasts a primarily Twi’lek population, and the Oroberra Valley is home to the majority of the Sullustan and all of the Killik populations, the major cities of Halama and Fayli are as diverse as they come.
Primary Languages: Galactic Standard Basic in the cities, Twi’Lekki and Lekku in New Nabat, Sullustan and Killik in the Oroberra Valley
Culture: Culture varies a bit depending on location. Places with heavy non-human populations tend to favor cultural traditions more in line with those dominant groups(i.e. Twi’lek traditions in New Nabat). Overall though culture is heavily influenced by the
[SIZE=10.5pt]ideals[/SIZE] and traditions of the Horde. There is a strong emphasis on loyalty to the Horde Boss and protecting fellow Halamirians from outsiders, however, another major ideal is individuality. Both, however, are married through the idea that the individual strengths of each Halamirian, when utilized in concert with each other, makes the whole group strong. Visual and performing arts are encouraged, though judged harshly, as there is also a belief that blunt honesty in criticism is the best way to help others improve.

While sports aren’t a major focus of the culture, melee combat competitions are frequent on a smaller-scale, as is hunting, though primarily on the forest moon of Nuemia. Podracing is the largest sport, and in addition to many smaller-scale events, there are three major races: The Halamir Celebration Festival Race, the Worker’s Day Festival Race, and the Oroberra Valley Classic. Respectively held at the end of the fourth month and the end of the eighth month, the Halamir Celebration Festival Race and the Oroberra Valley Classic are only accessible to Halamir system locals, and both act as qualifying events for the Worker’s Day Festival Race, with the winners of each tournament taking a spot. The Worker’s Day Festival is a holiday held at the end of the year to celebrate the efforts of workers across Halamir consisting of three days of celebrations and events such as concerts and competitions, capped off with a massive race that invites top-level [SIZE=10.5pt]podracers[/SIZE] from across the galaxy to compete.

V3LGLDA.png

Government: Neotribal
Affiliation: The Renegade Horde
Wealth: Medium - Despite its relative isolation and remote location, Halamir is of average wealth, owing to its vast natural reserves of materials that are widely used in manufacturing. This has enabled their government to make deals with others, selling both raw ores and refined materials while retaining their autonomy.
Stability: Medium - The Horde Boss is expected to keep his or her people safe, something that is crucial to their rule and retaining power. As such they are often very proactive at dealing with external and internal threats, and the military’s presence is widespread. The wealth of Halamir is dependent on this stability, as problems such as piracy and raiders can further isolate the world by making travel and trade there seem unappealing. Despite this and the heavy presence of the military, the people are free to live as they please within the law, enjoying little military or government interference in nearly all aspects of their lives.
Freedom & Oppression: While life on Halamir is generally live and let live, the presence and law of the Horde Boss are felt throughout the planet. The Boss holds the power of the military, and while they’re free to use the army as they wish to enforce their will, the position is only theirs by the will of the people. Power is held by the Horde Boss so long as they earn and keep the respect and loyalty of their subjects. Still, laws have weight behind them, and breaking the law is highly discouraged by even the lowest of
[SIZE=10.5pt]Halamirians[/SIZE].

kiTnxUI.png

Military: The planet’s military is relatively loose and disorganized, lacking structure despite having quite a sizable force, however groups can be broken up and organized under a specific commander depending on the task at hand. All species from across the galaxy are accepted without so much as a second glance so long as they pledge loyalty to the Horde Boss above all else. They lack much in the way of a fleet, having only a few ships for defense, but keep a formidable ground force.
Technology: Only slightly behind most average planets in the galaxy, much of Halamir’s current technological capacity comes from its predecessor society, a failed attempt at an Ecumenopolis, meaning much of it is somewhat outdated.

zywCmUD.png

Discovered during the Old Republic era, Halamir was planned as a fortified ecumenopolis that could provide a safe haven for those of wealth and importance. The planet had no intelligent life forms and very little in the way of wildlife outside of the seas. It was an ambitious project made by a short-lived, long-forgotten colonist organization, and it remained a risk throughout its entire building process, which was slowed by disagreements and put to a halt entirely by infighting.

The organization, known then as “[SIZE=10.5pt]Texice[/SIZE],” couldn’t agree on what city should be the capital and who would run it, and despite their wealth and resources for building up this planet, they instead used it in war, one side led by the original founder, another by the most outspoken dissenter, and one last faction made up mostly of those that just wanted a home, not joining in any of the bloodshed that ensued.

Neither side ended up winning, as there were no longer enough resources of people to so much as finish construction on any city. What was left of Halamir was a husk of an ecumenopolis, a foundation without a soul. It was thought that the planet would remain empty and unusable, but it instead became a hive for refugees during the Clone Wars and the ensuing Galactic Civil War, taking the chance to hide in the naturally-defended planet that already had sprawling cities across its broken surface.

Pirates and outlaws made it their home, but over the years, the population had shifted its focus from hiding to making something of it. They became proud of their home, making it their own and making good use of the natural resources the planet had to offer. Trade routes were established, leaders were chosen for cities and other settlements, and children grew up with little xenophobia, having been surrounded and even being the offspring of an enormous variety of species.

They were still very much primitive compared to most of the galaxy, but they had the leftover technology from the ecumenopolis dream and would use it to scrape together what they needed, sometimes to fight one another. After an entire generation of fighting between tribes, legends are told of a Falleen hero who united the entirety of Halamir through power and fear. That “hero” was known as [SIZE=10.5pt]Nekkan[/SIZE], and he is revered to this day as being the planet’s first Horde Boss. His horde was known as the Banded Horde, and he made sure that it would die with him, as it certainly did, leading to mass chaos until the next Horde Boss could arise out of all those that aimed to take Nekkan’s place.

Eventually, a gruff human man by the name of Lorrick would come out of the bloody dispute to become the second Horde Boss, a whole decade and a half after Nekkan’s death. He would call his horde the Reclaimed Horde, and made it his goal to build a better Halamir. Cities were expanded, rail stations were built outside of the cities to connect them to the Killik and Sullustan populations, and mining and trade were increased by almost twice as much.

And yet despite this resounding success, an underground faction plotted to remove him from his seat and install one of their own. They created enough rumors and lies about Lorrick to have him removed, but they didn’t get the chance to install one of their own, as another took advantage of it instead. Thus began the Era of Deception, lasting generations and nearly leading to another major fall for Halamir if not for the brute strength of a Zabrak known as Noro.

With his Carnal Horde, he stomped out duplicity under an iron boot, reinforcing the ways of old more brutal than ever. Those that were caught plotting against Noro were conscripted to fight on the front lines to test whether or not they deserved to live under the Horde Boss’s rule at all. Strength was valued above all else, and Noro himself was eventually defeated in a challenge to become the Horde Boss that he accepted, slain by a Devaronian woman who would hold the position of power until she was old and too weak to defend her seat.

This has been the way of Halamir ever since, with those that had proven themselves able to challenge the Horde Boss for their role, with one exception just over a decade ago that resulted in the Sith Horde Boss being overthrown by the people themselves, rallied behind the current Horde Boss, a Kiffar woman by the name of Leo. With her Renegade Horde, the planet enters its place in the galaxy, no longer standing by as empires force others to seek refuge on Halamir by terrorizing their homes.

[member=Leo]

I am very impressed with this submission, it is clear you put a lot of work and effort into it and that shows. I don't see anything wrong with it, but I do want to clarify one thing, before I put my stamp on this.

Major Exports: Various minerals and metals, unprocessed ores, Refined baradium, Durasteel
I assume that none of these minerals/metals are restricted materials?

[member="Zeradias Mant"]

For which images exactly?

The banners beside the faction logo are technically from a game called Tyranny, though it's unclear who even made it. I have to imagine that it's concept art. I found it here. The logo itself was a joint effort between myself and [member="Sanya Val Lerium"] though she did most of the work, including the entirety of the final product. The spiral on it was, again, inspired by the game called Tyranny.

The fancy text was created by me and all of the other images are accounted for.

I've included the links to the original sources of art instead of the Imgur links on top of the already credited artist as well as all of her art included in this, and I've credited Tyranny, Sanya, and myself as sources and added the extra image links to both the banner and the "page breaks" that use both the banner and the faction logo.

I wasn't entirely clear on what exactly was required, so hopefully I've managed to cover it with all of this.

Zeradias Mant

Democracy Dies in Darkness
[member="Leo"]

The seven images you have linked in the Links field. They link to the reuploaded images on imgur, but we generally don't accept images from image sharing websites (i.e: Pinterest) as sufficient image credit. I've noted that those images do fall in the artist's ArtStation page you linked, but I will need for you to link the actual page you retrieved the image from (not the .jpg/.png link).

[member="Zeradias Mant"]

I'm assuming that means you didn't want the "fullscreened" images that I linked to directly from the Artstation site after changing them from Imgur links, so I went ahead and linked the page that links to the png image instead for all 8 of them, and even the banner image.

Is this to your liking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom