Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Location Gyn, The City in the Sea

Status
Not open for further replies.
future-city.jpg

Name: Gyn

Classification: Metropolis

Gyns%20Location_zpsx1ans1gc.png

(Image Source: Wookiepedia/Kesh)​
(The Red Blob is the location and size of the city in comparison to the landscape.)​
The city of Gyn resides on the planet of Kesh on its main continent Keshtah Minor, near the southern half of the continent. Gyn remains on the shore and on the lake itself of the Ragnas Lake. This location allowed it to act as a major port city both on land as well as in space due to its situation in the plains area allowing for an extensive spaceport. The city itself is essentially to act as a new and modernized economic and trading hub for the Keshtah Minor continent in which the capital is situated to the north. It sits on the plain's area between the lakes and a major river named the Marisota in which allows it plenty of land, sea and air based avenues in which to spread the wealth through further trade with villages to the south that formerly had been out of reach of traders from Tahv.

Affiliation:

The City is officially ruled by the Keshiri government as it is part of their very culture in its own right. The only other affiliations of note would be Covenant of the Black Rose personnel buildings and traders as well as Confederacy of the Outer Realm owned space/buildings. The mixture of affiliations is greatly due to the still relatively recent change in government and as such the completion of the city taking a different path than anticipated beforehand.

Population:

• Total: 4.23 Million

• Human: 1.03 Million

• Keshiri: 2.8 Million

• Other: .4 Million
Demographics:

• Human Demographic: 24%

• Keshiri Demographic: 66%

• Twilek: 2%

• Near Human: 6%

• Sith Pureblood: 2%
Points of Interest:

Tarkin Sector and Pellaeon Sector: The Military and Naval operations sectors of the City, it lies o the easternmost edge of the city where it can monitor communications and direct their forces south, east or north without worry. Further with it on the easternmost edge of the city it retains a walled perimeter and a clear area between it and any economic or residential areas in order to provide safety to Gyn's occupants. As per the new upgrades to the city, these two sectors hold a great deal of weaponry within the that would be suitable in terms of the defense of the city. First there are the weapons depots in which Phenex tanks and weaponry from Reclaimer Industries is kept for the ground personnel that would be using them. In addition to this there are the hangers situated in the Pellaeon Sector, which was moved to create more room for the Tarkin sector.
The Movement of the Pellaeon sector allowed for greater use of their own space too. As it allowed them to expand the room provided to a heavy degree.

tumblr_m31jr2Citb1qepjq1o1_1280.jpg

Hidden Gardens: As the Middle class residential sector, it contains a grand variety of businesses as well as the main housing and apartment complexes. As well as the name suggests there are numerous small gardens throughout this sector in order t further expand the beauty of the area as well as give people a reason to move into this city. One of the most expansive and well developed areas it continues to grow at a constant pace. There remains very little security forces commonly seen though there are droids on standby at several stations in case of any danger presented to the people in this area.

sci_fi_city_downtown_by_jadrienc-d5olkce.jpg

Ragnas Slums: As with every metropolis there remains a lower class living area that has been self titled by the residents the Ragnas Slums. Holding a greater security and law enforcement group than the upper class and middle class areas, these are commonly watched for black market trade and smuggling efforts. It remains the key motivation though for those in other ares to stay where they are and further for those in the slums to work harder to get to a place of better living. In due with their financial standing the inhabitants of this area normally are given a number of rations at the beginning of the week. This is to aid them in their movement upwards as far as economic class and standing goes, whether they truly want the rations or not, or much rather even need them. The slums are still provided them either way.

city26.jpg
Uvak Shipyards: The main commercial port on the Keshtah Minor continent and built up over the last seven years granted to the new government after the removal of the former, it provides a great deal of jobs and trade for the major city. It is able to actively service and work with nearly a dozen heavy cruiser sized ships with even more space provided and docking pads for frigate and freighter sized crafts. It retains the highest security presence on the planet for the sheer fact of security and requires active identification in which to ensure that trouble elements are restricted and watched.

maxresdefault.jpg
The Star Embassy: The Political neutral ground of the city, it acts as a form of control in which to create stable relations with other worlds and governmental bodies whom do not retain a separate embassy of their own in which to provide equal ground and standing for those there. All weapons of any kind minus the security forces provided are restricted and removed from the person in question unless otherwise granted permission.

258565ce4d7dff5eb14d5032bc3c05e4_XL.jpg

The Black Rose: The separate Embassy granted to the Covenant of the Black Rose, and namely the one named [member="Darth Venefica"], it was created only very recently in order to provide representation of the overarching interplanetary government force that is the Covenant of the Black Rose. All land granted around and inside the embassy is officially out of Kesh Jurisdiction and as such is considered sovereign territory of the Covenant.

Aurora Industries Regional Office: Created by Solan Charr in order to spread easier control over the Kesh and Kal'Shebbol based operations that were established between him and [member="Taeli Raaf"], it serves as just that. A rather simple yet elegant design to it, the building remains as merely a corporate control station for the businesses and factories connected to Aurora Industries.

Description:

The City itself is a large and expansive metropolis that takes up a great deal of space along the banks of the Ragnas Lakes and Marisota river. Situated on what were plain lands it contains a thriving economic and cultural base for which its growth is continually expanding.

The first and most noticeable feature of the city remains the heavy air traffic that moves between the spaceport and outer orbital stations. Such Air traffic is due to most of the planet’s natural resources and trade comes through this and its sister city of Lyst on the continent of Alanciar. Such resources as durasteel and refined metals being a large import through the city to numerous factories and shipyards on the planet and above it. Exports seen leaving the city are generally smaller crafts and as well as land military vehicles as the larger crafts produced by the planet’s shipyards above the planet and as such shipped out directly from them.

Being that trade is extensively important for the city, the spaceport remains the single largest and one of the most heavily watched security wise. Taxes on exports and imports are enforced for the simple reason of being needed to help the city itself expand as greatly as it already has in recent years. With those taxes also comes the smuggling and that leads to far less legitimate means of criminal trade. Such including black market weapons trade as well as slavery. These two crimes being highly despised by the inhabitants of the city as a whole it has been strongly enforced an anti slavery security force that is continually seen patrolling. Given full authority to seize violators of such it is quite hard to get living cargo in or out of the port.

In addition to this, a major source of income for many of those would be in the manufacturing and construction fields as the city is constantly expanding for reason of the slums being reduced as efficiently as possible in order to make the gap of wealth as small as possible. With that said, there is still a large gap between the wealthy and the middle class due to the fact of the key businesses operating in the city becoming massive figures in the society.

The city’s sectors are also set in such a way to further provide order to the city, the lower class area given its name by its residents is aptly titled the Ragnas Slums, followed by the general population residing within the Hidden Gardens Sector of the city. A Place in which the middle class is surrounded not only by the homes and apartments of others but retain the beauty of their world through gardens and artistic creations. From there moves onto the private living sector of the upper class, rather a collection of mansion sized plots of of land than a true housing sector being that there are only a dozen or so homes in the area.

Furthermore, the city further acts as a political neutral ground due to its political sector being comprised of an embassy for both the Confederacy of the Outer Rim and the Covenant of the Black Rose respectively. With each extra-planetary government having embassies there is also a truly interplanetary neutral ground in which those other planets and overarching governments may talk with Keshiri representatives and political figures in a safe location that is outside of any jurisdiction that kesh itself or the Covenant may impose. In addition to those buildings there remains several large gardened areas on and around the buildings to provide a serene and peaceful place for the politicians to talk as well as many soundproof locations.
Defenses Breakdown:
Six Heavy Anti Air Towers,​
Twelve Turbolaser Towers,​
Three Shield Generators,​
Twelve air based combat wings, (Pellaeon Sector)​
Four Battalions of Keshiri Military Personnel. (Tarkin Sector)​
Icarus Carrier Components (Three Sea based airfields. 24 fighters each)​
History: (Optional. Describe the history of this city.)

The City was started little over a decade ago as a simple trade outpost though upon the change in leadership the new Imperial Government of Kesh put forth massive amounts of funds to far increase the importance of the city beyond anything that it had been planned to be. Named Gyn, along with its sister city in Alanciar named Lyst, the two cities were thus officially founded.

Over the years and after numerous deals with other planetary governments and corporations, the influx of credits through the imperial government allowed the two cities to grow extensively, especially Gyn as it is the more developed of the two for purpose of being the economic and trade powerhouse of the planet. It serves its purpose too as it has become a city that stretches up and down the Marisota River as well as along the banks of the Ragnas Lakes.

Over the years of growth, groups of criminals and otherwise unsavory cult followers had attempted to set up in it though were quickly expelled, leading to a large security presence in the city itself as well. Thus getting all the larger with the inclusion of Kesh into the Covenant of the Black Rose’s control.
In addition to these problems and facts, a great deal of surviving Sith purbloods, having migrated to the planet during the four hundred year break between the eras in which the galaxy had experienced the Gulag Plague. They have been able to make up a tiny minority of the city's populace in which allowed them to be officially noted on the population charts of the inhabitants.
Intent: The intent in making this city was to provide the Covenant as well as anyone else coming to Kesh more variety in terms of locations and things to do as well as add more locations for plots and stories... nothing more.​
Links: (Optional. You may provide any links to other existing Codex/Factory entries that constitute any significance to this entry.)

[member="Solan Charr"]

Hi, I’ll be your judge on this one. :) Overall a fleshed out, and interesting city that I look forward to seeing approved. However, I have some concerns I wish to address before we reach that point.

The City Location Template, which you’ve used correctly, is missing “Intent”. This is an oversight on our behalf, and as such not something I fault you for. However, it is something we do require, so please add your reason for creating this city to the template.

We do require that you provide an image source for every image used. Furthermore, it should be a link to either the original artist or the page from where you found the image. The one link you provided does not qualify. [/FONThttp://wallpapercave.com/w/1sAnMHA]Here is an example of an acceptable link.

I am able to piece together that this is on the planet Kesh. However, could you state this clearly under “Location”? This will make the submission more accessible to anyone unfamiliar with the planet and its notable locations.

Solan Charr said:
Sith Pureblood: 2%
Sith Pureblood is a very rare race. I am not disputing your right to have them present in the city, but I will need to see their presence explained in the city’s history.

Solan Charr said:
In due with their financial standing the inhabitants of this area normally are given a number of rations at the beginning of the week, need them or not to help in the upward mobility of this class.
I am finding it difficult understanding what you mean with this sentence. Could you rephrase this, please?

Solan Charr said:
Further with it on the easternmost edge of the city it retains a walled perimeter and a clear area between it and any economic or residential areas in order to provide safety to Gyn's occupants. The base consists of several anti air and anti personnel turrets with a standing force of two thousand troops at any given time. Further it retains two wings of starfighters and a handful of Judge Class Tanks and two Hammer Class Walkers.
I will need a link to see a Wookiepedia or the Factory link for the defences listed here. This includes the turrets and tanks mentioned.

As we are talking about significant defences here, I am also going to ask for a 10 post dev thread for this.

Thanks

[member="Darth Pyrrhus"]

Dont have time to edit but there are some things i should clear up.

A: Sith Purebloods are a minority race on Kesh in canon, just a heads up.
A2: Riiiiight.... so ya... awkward moment where i am told i forgot something rather pivotal about the past. So ya, ive been playing the Sith Purebloods being there for a year and a half OOC time... ill try and think up some reason that they miraculously somehow you know... came back to be living on Kesh.

B: The Rations sentence. Basically, the lowerclass get weekly rations handed out if they need them in the slums. Kinda like food stamps but... ya directly.

As for all the links and stuff, ill do that as soon as i can. (And no, not significant defenses. I plan to make outposts and citadels with their own devs when i get to them next.)

[member="Solan Charr"]

The image sources are acceptable, however almost all of the links currently don’t work. This is because the bracket “)” is included into the link. Add a space at the end to avoid this.

I appreciate the map. However, what I was looking for was one sentence at the beginning there, that very clearly stated that this is a city on the planet of Kesh. Feel free to include a link to the planet’s Wookiepedia page as well.

Solan Charr said:
In due with their financial standing the inhabitants of this area normally are given a number of rations at the beginning of the week, need them or not to help in the upward mobility of this class.
Thanks for the clarification. I understand what you mean. If you could, I would like you to try to restructure that sentence to make it more understandable. Particularly the end is hard to make sense of.

In regards to the vehicles you linked: the Hammer Walker has its affiliation listed as the Hutt Cartel, and the Judge Tank is affiliated to the Black Sun. Could you explain how these came into your possession?

Solan Charr said:
The base consists of several anti air and anti personnel turrets
Further, I will need you to be more specific than "several" here. How many anti air and anti personnel turrets are present?

I do consider the defenses and military presence in the Tarkin Sector significant, and so my request for a 10 post dev thread still stands.

Thanks

[member="Darth Pyrrhus"]

Ill try and scrounge up someone to help me with the ten posts as soon as possible, so no need to wait there. I will also include a work on the number of each type of turrets after i figure out the area the base might take up.

The Tanks and Walkers were Sold to the Confederacy of the Outer Rim for which Kesh leads by their developer @Domino. I can link the thread as soon as i find it.

Further i will make the edits that you ask immediately on the two sentences you would like to see restructured.

[member="Solan Charr"]

What's the status on the dev thread? ETA? It is of course perfectly fine if you need more time, but unless you expect it to finish fairly soon, this submission will be archived until the dev thread is finished.

[member="Solan Charr"]

Since this has been staying at "just one more post" a while with no progress, I'm gonna put this up for archival. Luckily, the process of getting it out of archive is pretty painless. PM either [member="Valiens Nantaris"] or [member="Lorelei Darke"] when you're ready to have this judged.

[member="Solan Charr"]

I hate to have to do this after all this time, but I'm afraid the dev does not qualify.

Solan Charr said:
His hands placed the glass down once more as his eyes transferred themselves to look at the small defensive area for which that protected the outside of the city. It was a basic defensive force for that of which the security sectors could not handle. A last line so to speak as the attack from an outside source was not something Solan expected. None the less though his eyes ran over the walkers and tanks he could see.
The reason for the dev was due to the city's defences. During the course of the entire thread, what I just quoted is the only place where these defences are mentioned. The city is namedropped twice. Beyond that, this is just a social thread that happens to take place in Gyn.

What I am looking for is a thread that focuses more on establishing the military district's defences. Acquisition of weapons installed, the construction of the turrets etc. Generally setting up the base. Therefore, I must sadly ask for another dev thread.

Thanks

[member="Solan Charr"]

This is being put up for archival while you work on the dev thread. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. Otherwise, PM either [member="Valiens Nantaris"] or [member="Lorelei Darke"] to get this out of archival when you're ready for it to be reviewed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom