Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Guten Tag

Moss

Where the Truth Lies
Hello, everybody! It's nice to meet all of you.

I'm Moss (or Matt, whichever you prefer). I suppose a little background on myself is customary. I'm a college student from Pennsylvania with roughly eight years of text-based roleplay under my belt. Most of that was Star Wars, though I recently wrapped up a fairly successful foray into a medieval setting. You know what they say about variety.

I have a real passion for Star Wars RP that is twofold. For starters, I love to write. Mostly darkly-toned short stories. The novel has thus far eluded me. Secondly, I'm a bit of a stargazer. Astronomy has always appealed to me and I find that science fiction is the perfect marriage of the two.

So, there's that. For all my RP experience, I can't help but feel a little nervous. This community is massive and appears, initially, overwhelming. Please bear with me as I stumble through it!

All the best.
-Moss

[member="Moss"]

Hopefully our size isn't unappealing! Welcome and I hope you find your way around just fine. If you have any questions, please ask here, or PM a Staff member. It's the best way to get quick answers!

Also, how'd you find us?

Moss

Where the Truth Lies
[member="Tefka"] Thank you! I wouldn't say the size is unappealing, but it's certainly daunting. I found the forum on Google.

[member="Beowoof"] Absolutely! I noticed that you have a non-force user character. I was planning on doing something along those lines. Do you find it hard to join in with good roleplay if you're not a Jedi/Sith? I've run into that problem in communities before.

Moss said:
[member="Tefka"] Thank you! I wouldn't say the size is unappealing, but it's certainly daunting. I found the forum on Google.

[member="Beowoof"] Absolutely! I noticed that you have a non-force user character. I was planning on doing something along those lines. Do you find it hard to join in with good roleplay if you're not a Jedi/Sith? I've run into that problem in communities before.
I don't find it hard. Thing with SWChaos, there are a lot of 'sub-communities' so to speak, where like-minded individuals RP with one another. A lot of us NFU Bounty Hunters RP together, and as a Jedi a lot of us Jedi RP'ed together, and as a Naval character, a lot of us Navy stuck together. You'll find your niche, and whatever path you choose. I'm always up for some RP. By the way, welcome to the site mate. I saw you like dark-toned stories, as do I. I'm sure we could collaborate on some nice RP threads some day :)

Beowoof

Morality Policeman :)
Moss said:
Beowoof Absolutely! I noticed that you have a non-force user character. I was planning on doing something along those lines. Do you find it hard to join in with good roleplay if you're not a Jedi/Sith? I've run into that problem in communities before.
I have quite a few Forceless characters, in fact. Even my Forcies are rather undeveloped. There's a lot to explore with them if you know where to look. Take a look around. There's a decent group of smugglers milling about, mostly NFUs.

It's true, it can be slightly difficult to find good RP here with all the Forcies around, especially if you want to do combat threads. (In my opinion, most Force players are overpowered.) But you can just put up an ad in the OOC forum and Non-Force Users might tap you on the shoulder for some play. A lot of times you can attract Non-Forcies by starting up a 'bar thread'. (But be cautious with those, too. :p They're notorious for getting out of hand if you don't set the right tone.)

It's still possible to mingle with the Forcies as well. Just make sure you set some ground rules, and everything will be cool. :)

Moss said:
Do you find it hard to join in with good roleplay if you're not a Jedi/Sith?
Well, thankfully, that's what factions are for. While yes, being a Star Wars role-play community does bring quite a few Force Users here, we have several factions warring against each other and the only way to gain an upper hand realistically is to gain more people.

To gain more people, Factions need to observe the needs and wants of all role-players - not just those that role-play Jedi/Sith. And it's naturally evolved that way, so while you'll see a faction that's predominantly Jedi (Silver Jedi Order) or Sith (One Sith), upon a closer look you'll see that both factions offer a variety of interests and sub-groups for Non-Force Users.

Don't be nervous! We don't bite! You've actually entered a place with tons of friendly and helpful people, they're all awesome here. Makes you wanna stick around for a long long time. :)

We also have additional Force User groups around here, like Witches, Neutrals, Jedi/Sith that aren't all that conventional... there's of course also Non Force users which into a tons of places (Protectorate does well, it's like a company with its own space and plenty hired folk; Mandalorians of course are about, Crime people always find a place they'll fit in...)

Anyway, welcome to board! I'm sure you'll have a grand time here :)

Stephanie Swail

Look what they've done to my dream
[member=Moss] Welcome to the Chaos!

Hope you settle in here and enjoy your time with us - lots to do, and endless possibilities!

Just shout if we can help you at all to find your way around. Have fun, and see you out there!

Oka Osaa

I see this all the time and I'm new. People say force users are OP but in my opinion, if they train for like 11 months, they should have superior force, but not OP force where you can take down a ship with your mind :p anyways welcome Moss and as they said, there's plenty of non force users.

Moss

Where the Truth Lies
Thanks, all. I'm looking for an opportunity to dive in. Just a matter of time!

[member="Lexa Imura"] |[member="Luna Vega"] | [member="Strider Garon"] | [member="Garith Darkhold"] | [member="Oka Osaa"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom