Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gundams?

Jsc

Disney's Princess
So. I mean.

I've been asking for a few years... years now. And um. I'm still waiting. Ya know. For when we can have Gundams and stuff.

Since like, 2014 and stuff.

So. Yeah.

Factory Staff. Just get back to me whenever. I really think. 2020 could be our year. And stuff.

Anyway.

Still waiting on those Gundams. SoonTM

Maybe? 'ish?

Kay thanks.

771.jpg

As much as I love gundams, they don't really have a place in Star Wars. Sure, they're cool and all but if you take them and create them out of in-universe materials and add on the limitations of the tech and to keep them balanced, I feel a mobile suit loses out on a lot of what makes them such destructive weapons in their own universe. Not to mention the capabilities of a mobile suit like Wing Zero for example would devastate a fleet from range and have the speed that makes it hard to deal with unless met with Star Wars limitations of such a large mech.

This is just my opinion, of course. But my take on it is a lot of what makes the Gundams such deadly threats is lost once the tech is changed to fit in with Star Wars.

[member="Jay Scott Clark"], if we're going to jump down this rabbit hole, I'd like to see you elaborate on how these things could fit into the Star Wars universe with the technology Star Wars offers. How would these things exist without being overpowered or breaking any other site specific rules? Is there Star Wars technology that exists to even suggest that such a feat would be possible? How would you offer weaknesses that could even remotely balance the Gundam against the greater Star Wars universe? In a sense you might unintentionally be creating a super weapon without even realizing it.

As it stands now, though, the two universes simply do not mesh and a Gundam wouldn't conform to the feel of Star Wars.

I mean I've used Gundams for factory subs before. I just label them as droids and shrink them down because a lot of the Grunt mobile suits are actually quite nice for droid designs. Still think it's dumb for there to be massive robots piloted by a singular person with the dexterity and flexibility of a semi-full organic biped like they are portrayed in Gundam (As much as I'd love to be zipping around like Barbatos tearing up the frontlines) in a Star Wars setting so just bend it till it fits.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
[member="Hiss Hiss"] - Soulmate forever. Hiss Hiss just gets me. :D

[member="Luna Terrik"] - You're mean. :(

[member="Kiandra Ceryss"] - Fine. 2021 maybe? 'ish?

[member="Braith Achlys"] - bby y u no luv m

[member="Alden Akaran"] - Weaknesses? Ha. I'd throw that section out immediately. Hahaha! (Also, I'm just kidding.)

[member="Zark"] - Oh, it's my hill alright. Gundam Hill. Property of JSC. Also, almost-sorta codex approved. Erm. Still working on the planet sub. ...Soon.

[member="Kor Vexen"] - So... Hope. You're telling me. There's still hope. YESSSS!

TL;DR

This thread is a joke. Happy Nov everybody! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom