Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gun Show/Tech Expo Idea

Sarah Frostlight said:
that could be interesting. only sad (puppy) part is for those characters who don't have a lot of creds but do have a shopping list... like weapons replacements, ammo, armor upgrade/replacement, and ship upgrades.
if you are on the "regular" person scale that can get expensive in a hurry.
True. Hence look into used or salvaged items, generally cheaper. Not that I'm plugging my Salvage ops or anything...

Alright, time to get this rolling. My bad for dropping the ball.

@[member="Noah Corek"]
@Dr.Marie Krasnican
@[member="Judah Dashiell"]
@[member="Captain Larraq"]

All of you have two weeks from this point onward to create, submit, and get approved one tech submission each that does not require a development thread and can be affordable to most customers. Anything goes from guns to ammo to knives... anything that would go well for a gun show/tech expo. Think of it like the annual Vegas SHOT Show.

Any new companies joining after this post can still participate, though you have the same time line. It will not be extended for you and I will check to make sure all entries to be used are approved within the time frame. Those approved afterwards are not viable. I suggest you feed the FJs extra cookies or wear that special outfit you were saving for an emergency situation. The lace and bows might help out.

The cutoff date is March 23rd of 2014 at midnight. 12:01am on Monday morning and you're late. The expo thread itself will start on Monday.

As the subs are done, please @ me and post a link to the sub on this thread.

Good luck, folks!

Real quick, because I felt I wasn't completely clear. Any company signed up for the expo can sell any and all of their items at the show. The sub in question is for two things. First, one of each item will be included into the raffle prize for a PC winner from the customers, browsers, and other PCs that are in the thread but not selling things. Also, it will be entered into a customer voted competition for the most useful/best item. The winner of that competition gets a confirmed slot no matter what in the next tech expo.

For those who are planning on attending but not bringing their companies or acting as security, you are able to buy any and all things there from any company in attendance. Also, each PC in attendance that is not representing a company or acting as security will be automatically entered in to the raffle for the prize. The prize will be a "gift basket" made up of one of each competition item which the winner receives for free. There may be other runner up prizes as well. Stay tuned for more info.

Corey's OOC

And where were the spiders
I like this, sounds like something Marek would do.
Just please please take the signage down after the event and don't leave billboards up for 3 months :p

Tradeshows don't just contain vendors.

There is also seminars, keynote speakers, conferences, etc. The possibilities are endless.

Also, speaking from experience, the best shows are hotel/conference shows (not the big national shows). An hour of tradeshow time, 3 hour break... than an hour of tradeshow time, 2 hour break... 1 hour of tradeshow time, 3 hour break, etc. Rinse and repeat. More intimate.

Nobody wants to be on their feet for 10 hours; and the breaks allow for negotiations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom