Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gun Running to Olvan [PM to Join]

Riley heard Alenas request over the comlink. She arched an eyebrow for a second before responding. "Ugh...yeah. Hold on." She activated the datapad in her hand input several codes, moments later the datapad showed that the door was completely sealed. "Done. The door, and the ship, is on lock down."

Denied!

Jarven stood there as the door slid shut. Well...Looks like I have time on my hands. So, Jarven started to do a workout session. He took off his armor until he had only his black underlying skin suit on.

@Alena @Riley Reese

Alena watched the man disappear behind the chamber door, then joined Riley in the ready area. "Are you sure you trust me well enough to venture out there on your own?" Alena asked. She didn't want to make the younger woman uncomfortable, but she'd also assumed Riley would want to keep her new partner close.

[member="Jarven Zexxel"] [member="Riley Reese"]

Riley turned to face Alena when she entered the loading bay. She really didn't know how to respond to the woman's question, it was obvious she wasn't sure about asking the question, just as Riley wasn't entirely sure how to answer the question. "It's hard for me to truly trust anyone. Not after what I've been through. Right now though, we have a common goal. And if we don't achieve it, we could die, or worse. So for now, yeah, I trust you." Without another word, she pulled her helmet on and opened the loading bay. Quickly she exited the ship and shut the door. She surveyed her surroundings before hailing Alena on her comlink. "Alright. I need the exact spot. So I'll need you to lead me there."

[member="Alena"]

Alena's eyes widened slightly as Riley replied, then summarily pulled her helmet over her face, covering her bright eyes, and vanished into the space beyond the airlock. Trust can't be cheap these days if it takes a life-and-death situation to earn any. Alena thought to herself. I guess I better not squander it, this woman's worth it. Alena lifted the tracker once more and ensured her commlink was matched with Riley's frequency. "Don't worry, I've got ya." Alena muttered in response, following the other woman's position on the outboard sensors as she walked toward the rear of the vessel. "It's the second nacelle, just beneath the metal flange that supports the vent panels."

[member="Riley Reese"]

Riley made her way to the location and scanned the surface before setting to work. Carefully she reached up inside the nacelle and ran her and slowly along the metal surface until she reached the support. After several seconds of fumbling blindly, she found the device. With a quick tug, she pulled it from the surface. She held it carefully in her palm as she looked it over. The device was small, only slight larger then her thumb. Her eyes narrowed in anger as she stared at the offending item. Gripping it firmly in her left hand, she threw the object with all her strength down the side of the hill. 'Let them find that.' She thought to herself. "Alena. I removed the device and disposed of it. Can you run another scan while I'm out here, just in case?"

[member="Alena"]

Alena nodded to herself from inside the ship. "Yep, that's it right there. Too bad we didn't have bird to tie the sucker to." She muttered over the commlink, half-chuckling to herself. Riley offered her reply and Alena nodded again, "Yeah, of course." She reset the scanner's parameters and waited several long, quiet moments. Once it cleared, she reported the okay to Riley. "We're good, as far as I can tell. If you want to do a visual while we're here, go ahead."

[member="Riley Reese"]

"Understood." Riley then turned her attention to giving the ship a quick search before heading back inside. The bay door sealed behind her, shutting the cold out. She removed the suit and headed back to the cockpit. Sitting down she remained silent for a moment before speaking almost hesitantly to Alena. "That was....good work. Thank you."

Alena watched Riley return, taking the suit and hanging it up as the other woman removed it from her body. She closed down the scanner and returned it to where she found it, then followed Riley back to the cockpit. Alena sat down and brought up the interior holocam display; their guest was still sitting quietly, keeping it himself. Alena frowned, still not sure what to think of the man. Riley's voice broke her skiff of thoughts. She glanced over at Riley and smiled. "No need, it was easy. Thanks for being the one to go brave the cold for me." Alena winked playfully.

[member="Riley Reese"]

Riley gave a small nod. "The cold really doesn't bother me that much. Having as many mechanical parts as I do, it doesn't really effect me." Riley than turned her attention to the ships controls. Quickly, she powered the ship back up. Once the engines were back up to speed. She turned the ship skyward. Within minutes they broke atmosphere and jumped into hyperspace. 'Well, hopefully we don't have any more problems the rest of the way."

Alena smirked, she'd almost forgotten about Riley's prosthetics already. The woman was just so...natural the way she was with them. Must just be my penchant for not caring. Alena justified to herself; taking people the way they were had been a hard lesson for Alena, who'd been mocked for being a "half-breed" by many children during her youth.
Soon enough they were back in the sky, and Alena had returned to her place at Riley's side. "Hopefully not," Alena muttered in response to Riley's expressed hopes. As she thought about it, however, she grew uneasy. "What if there's someone waiting for us over Olvan?" She chewed on her lip and tried to catch the other woman's eye with a pointed glance. "I'm not even sure I want to go there, now."

[member="Riley Reese"]

Alena put her hands up in mock surrender. "That's fine with me, I don't want to back out, it's just...I don't want to end up dead either." She jerked her thumb toward the back of the ship. "Especially for some nerf herder's guns."

[member="Riley Reese"]

"We wont end up dead." It was a statement, not a promise. The prospect of getting into a confrontation on Olvan seemed to be increasing with each passing event. That thought though had to wait. Right now she had other thoughts on her mind, like getting to the planet first in one piece. "We need a plan, however. I don't want to have to think of excuses on the fly."

Alena frowned, "Excuses for what? The guns?" She crossed her arms and let herself rest against the back of the seat. "I thought your disguise was supposed to be fool-proof?" Alena looked at the fingers of one hand before chewing on a nail. "I say we get into the system, touch base with our contact, and arrange for a dumping of the weapons at one location, and a pickup of the money somewhere else."

"I did disguise them to be full proof. An excuse for a ship that looks vaguely familiar to one that used to have a tracker on it. That is heading straight for the same planet roughly close to the same time period." She gave a glance towards Alena. "Those are the kind of excuses I'm looking for. Ones that will draw attention away from the ship before they decide to search it at all."

[member="Alena"]

Alena frowned, feeling a bit foolish. She was a strong-willed, intelligent and attractive woman in her thirties who was both attracted to and good at interacting with other women, and thus didn't often feel like such an idiot around them. For a moment she hid her reaction by looking out of the viewport on her side of the cockpit. "Good thinking, I'm surprised I could have missed a rationale like that." She felt her cheeks burn slightly as the embarrassment crept up on her.

[member="Riley Reese"]

Riley didn't take her eyes off the cockpit window when she spoke. "It's a small detail. Sometimes easily missed." With trained ease, she ran through the controls of the ship. The swirling blue turned to black as the ship dropped out of hyperspace. Riley then brought th ship into a steady pace towards the planet in the distance. She then turned to Alena. "If you could take the controls, I'm going to go get ready." With that, she stood up and exited the cockpit.

Alena spent the rest of the trip in silence, reading a book on her datatablet. It wasn't the most interesting book she'd ever read, but it was gripping enough to pass the time. She locked the device as Riley asked her to take the controls; Alena watched the other woman leave the cockpit, then reached for the console and began guiding the vessel in toward the planet of Olvan. I hope this all goes down well. Alena thought to herself, wondering exactly what Riley was in the back end of the ship preparing for. She's probably slipping back into that armor of hers. Alena figured, considering how enticing she looked in it. Alena wasn't one for butchy women, but the right kind of gal in the right kind of armor wouldn't need much else to set her off. Alena shook the thought from her head. Quit being so ridiculous, you just met the girl. Alena smiled privately, rolling her eyes at herself. Olvan was growing ever larger in the viewport and it was about time she reached out to Olvan's landing controllers.
::Olvan Control, this is the...:: Crap! I forgot the name of the ship! Alena smacked her palm against her forehead and quickly jacked her datatablet into the communication's console. She swiftly uploaded an old transponder code she used for the Arse End and transmitted it along with the rest of her introduction. ::This is the Merry Miner, seeking landing permission at Arr.:: She clicked off the transceiver and waited for a response. After a moment, one reached them.
::Merry Miner this is Olvan Control, you are go for landing at Arr. Local port authorities will assist with docking your ship.:: Alena thanked the control operative and shut off the link, then made the approach through the planet's atmosphere. Within minutes they were hovering over Arr, one of Olvan's larger cities, waiting for ground clearance. When it came, Alena lowered the ship down into the city, watching the sky vanish around her as skyscrapers took its place.

[member="Riley Reese"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom