Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gun Running to Olvan [PM to Join]

Riley stood and backed up some, her bare feet not making a sound as she moved. Her pistol was ever ready in case this man turned out to be a threat. "Who is he and what position are you talking about? Are we walking into an ambush?"

"I don't know. He got me by surprise before I could beat the answers out of him. I don't know how far away their radars can pick up, but if he got that tracker on your ship, than we'll have a limited amount of time to act before they're on us."

[member="Riley Reese"] [member="Alena"]

"Tracker?" Rileys senses picked up again. If her ship was being tracked then they were flying straight into an ambush. Quickly she headed into the cockpit and dropped into the pilots seat. After several adjustments to the ships flight systems, she brought it out of hyperspace. The Ashigara was now floating in deep space. Standing up she turned to face Jarven. "Tell me everything. I want to know why there would be a tracker on my ship and how you came to know some one might place it there."

[member="Jarven Zexxel"]

(*sigh* I thought I already explained this through my handwave explanation paragraph)

Jarven's mind was quickly succumbing to exhaustion. He felt his strength give out as he said, "I...I already told you: Scapegoat...Sybosinthian plot...Investi...gation....Found him...that spy...."

The floor soon became a bed for Jarven as he fell unconscious.

Alena had pulled her blaster on the man until she'd noticed the state he was in. As the new arrival struggled to explain himself, Alena turned back to the sensor console and initiated an external scan of Riley's vessel, hoping she had the ship's hull properly mapped. The search turned up nothing, which Alena reported to Riley as the woman returned to her side and dropped the ship out of hyperspace. Alena felt her jaw twitch as the blackness of space shot back into existence before them. She placed a hand on Riley's arm, stopping her for a moment. "I don't know if this is a good idea. We should plot a jump so we can at least be ready to flee again if anyone drops in on us." The man's story didn't sound too crazy, but then again it was missing most of its details too. He claimed to have told them already, but all they got was a broken up story that sounded like the recap of a story.
"Dammit," Alena muttered as the man passed out, collapsing back onto the floor. She gritted her teeth as the sensor console began to flash. The Chiss woman looked back to her young hostess. "Sorry girlfriend, but I think they found us."

[member="Jarven Zexxel"] [member="Riley Reese"]

Riley clenched her jaw in anger. "Then we wont be here for long." She dropped into the pilots seat and took controls of the Ashigara. Firing up its engines she began to push the ship through space. Without taking her eyes off the cockpit window, she spoke to Alena. "Find us somewhere to jump to. Preferably one not to close to the planet. Then we'll start looking for the tracker." The sensor on the council beeped as several objects dropped out of hyperspace and appeared on radar. They were to far out to identify, and Riley planned on keeping it that way.

Alena recorked the tihaar and stashed it in her bag, then turned her attention to the navicomputer display. She scrolled through a list of star systems near and far, before finding one to her liking. The Ando System was right along the Corellian Run, just off their own route to Olvan. Ando proper might make a good place for landfall, though Ando Prime was less habited and might buy them more time to recoup and figure out who this stowaway was. "Ando Prime it is, Riley," Alena told her, locking the coordinates into the navicomputer and nodded. "Hyperdrive's ready, let's go."

[member="Riley Reese"]

Alena sighed her relief as the ship jumped into hyperspace once more. She nodded in agreement with Riley. "We should drop back out after a while and relocate again before heading back to Olvan as well." Alena looked at her hostess, "Do you have an on board scanning system?"

[member="Riley Reese"]

Riley didn't take her eyes off the ships sensors. "Yese, it's in the cargo bay. Close to the loading controls." Every minute that passed put them in more danger. In her mind, she was already plotting another course.

Alena nodded, "Great. I'll go grab it and start at the back. Engine wells and exhaust ducts are a good bet. I'll see if I can't nab a signal there first, though I'll need you to drop out of hyperspace before I can run the scan." She stood and patted the other woman on the shoulder. "We'll be alright, Riley. You're a solid pilot." Alena flashed a sweet, sincere smile and left the cockpit for the rear of the ship. The scanner was resting inside a crate within the cargo hold. She dusted it off and keyed it on, then waited for the device to flash its ready signal. Alena reached Riley on her wristcomp this time. "I'm ready when you are Ri."

[member="Riley Reese"]

Jarven was dreaming.

Back home at the Nar Shadaa base. Jarven was sitting on a handrail right outside the base, the city being easy to see from this vantage point. The sun was setting and the display reminded him that there could be some good that comes out of Nar Shadaa. He heard the taps of feet making their way up behind him. It didn't worry him for he had become quite adept in noticing the sounds of his fellow pack mates. The footsteps came to a stop next to him. He turned to look at the new comer; it was Elise. Something wasn't right, though. Her face was blurred in a bizarre, nightmarish way. He knew it was her face, but couldn't make out the details. For some reason, this didn't faze him.

Jarven started to sweat.

"Hello, Elise." She didn't say anything. She walked over to another section of the railing and stood still. Now, THIS seemed like odd behavior to him. Jarven walked up behind her, but it seemed like some invisible wall was keeping him from her. Suddenly, the railing rended and violently shot out and away. Elise turned and a strong gust of wind started to force Jarven back. Jarven could make out something on her face, now. He could see her eyes, darting every which way, but not landing on him once. She sounded like she was panicking.

Jarven's fists started to clench and his whole body was tensing.

"Jarven!? Where's Jarven?!? We need him!! Jarven!!? Jarven!!!" With this last scream of desperation, her arms were torn off with a sickening *scrunch*. Blood poured like torrents out of both arm sockets and Elise turned pale. Her eyes turned back into her skull and she fell over the edge. The wind stopped and Jarven rushed to the edge.

Jarven's leg starts to sporadically kick and he started whispering, "No...No!"

When Jarven got to the edge and peered over, a twilek was standing there on the wall, perpendicular to Jarven, defying gravity. His eyes were completely red, like a Chiss, and he spoke with a demonic voice. "Surprise!!". He then pulled out a giant needle, stabbed Jarven through the throat, and yanked him off the edge. Jarven was falling very fast, the needle burning in his throat. His vision started to blur and fade, but the pain and sensation of falling stayed constant.

Jarven is twitching and flinching on the ground. He is whisper-yelling to himself "No! No needles! NEEdles! Elise. No, stop! I'll kill you. STOP! NO NEEDLES!"

[member="Alena"] [member="Riley Reese"]

Riley gave a small nod at Alenas response. Once she was given the go ahead, she dropped the ship out of hyperspace. "Alright Alena, start the scan." Her attention then turned to the sound behind her. To her surprise, Jarven was flailing about on the ground mumbling to himself. "Alena, our friend is having some bad memories. " She knew that Jarven probably needed help, but she also knew that leaving the controls unattended could cost everyone their lives.

Alena took her queue from Riley and initiated the mobile scanner. Before she could connect the device to the console before her however, their uninvited guest began shaking and mumbling to himself. Alena frowned, wondering if he were having some sort of seizure. His ability to speak told her this wasn't the case. "Let me take care of him first," she sighed, glancing at the other woman. She connected the scanner and let it run, then pushed herself out of her seat and dragged their stowaway out of the cockpit and down the corridor to one of the bunk rooms. She wondered who the man was, and who he was. He could be anyone, friend or foe. Alena hoped he proved to be the former.
With some effort Alena managed to roll the man into a low bunk, where he continued to mumbled to himself. Beneath his eyelids, his eyes were rolling about in his head wildly. "Must be some dream..." Alena muttered. "...Or nightmare." As a precaution, Alena strapped the man's wrists and ankles to the bunk frame with leather strips she found lying about in Riley's chambers. On her way back to the cockpit, she keyed the door lock, hoping Riley hadn't forgotten the codes.
"Maybe he won't prove a problem for us. Then again, he might be a big problem," Alena told Riley as she returned to the cockpit and closed the door behind her. She dropped into her seat once again, her head swimming from her recent efforts. The tihaar had kicked in, and Alena was feeling drunk. "Dammit..." She muttered, shaking her head and reaching for the scanner. The small green display was still under progression. Alena set it back down on the console, a little too roughly. She wasn't feeling sick, but her head was fuzzy and Riley was coming in and out of focus now and again. A heavy buzz, nothing more, Alena told herself. Moments later the scanner completed its joint effort with the ship's own sensors.
"I think I've found it." Alena told Riley, looking up at the other woman and showing her the display. "Right inside one of the fuselage panels, just fore of the engines. If you have an EVA suit I can get outside and remove it, though I'd rather land somewhere we wouldn't be so vulnerable first."

[member="Riley Reese"] [member="Jarven Zexxel"]

*sigh* Jarven woke up from his nightmare. He was tied to the bed. "Ooooooh, kark. I REALLY hope I didn't hurt anyone." He was in an enclosed room. The door was shut. Since he was tied up, it was safe to assume that it was locked as well. He pulled on the leather ties. They were stuck fast. It was a good thing that he had his vamblades, though. He pointed his wrists at their respective leather knot holdings, made the necessary flicking motion, and severed the leather. *Slice-Snip!*

It took him little time to free himself from that point on. When Jarven got up, he didn't bother trying to door. Locked or not, they had wanted him kept away. So, away he would stay (Wait...Jarven aRe Poetry? NOBODY'S EVA' DONE THAT IN THE HISTORY OF DOTA! Illuminati confirmed). Anyway, (Oh, baby! A triple (rhyme: away, stay, anyway)!...But seriously, now) Jarven looked around the room and found...not much of anything. He realized that his helmet was on his person. It must have been left behind. He sat on his bunk, pulled his legs to his chest, and waited.

[member="Alena"] [member="Riley Reese"]

Riley watched Alena take Jarven out of the cockpit. Moments later she returned and sat in the copilots seat. She kept a watchful eye on the scanners, so far nothing. When Alena announced that she had located the tracker and where it was at, Riley cringed. Someone had infiltrated her ship, her sanctuary. This did not sit well with her. She looked over the scanner again before pointing to the screen. "There. Ando Prime. We'll land there and remove it." Without waiting for a response, she brought the ship in line with the planet. Within minutes they hit the planets atmosphere, fire danced across the ships hull as it raced towards the ground. The Ashigara burst through a snow cloud and darted between two high peaks before taking refuge in the shadow of a large ice shelf. Once was powered down and put into standby mode, she turned to Alena. "Alright, let's find that tracker."

Alena slapped her restraints and stood as they fell from her shoulders. She grabbed her jacket and fastened it tightly, Ando Prime was as cold as a planet could be. She looked aside at Riley as they left the cockpit. "It could have happened to anyone," Alena muttered, addressing the unmentioned disappointment that she'd caught on the other woman's face. As they stepped into the rear end of the ship, Alena stopped by Riley's chambers. "I'm just going to check on our guest, I'll meet you outside." Alena queued open the door to the room and stepped inside. The man was sitting on the bunk, unrestrained with his knees to his chest. "Well, I guess I shouldn't be surprised." Alena smirked, though did so warily. The man could be dangerous.

Riley gave a small nod at the other woman's response. Sure it could happen to anyone, didn't mean she had to like it. When Alena left to check on Jarven, Riley made her way to the loading bay door. There she suited up in one of the black and grey EVO suits and dawned the helmet. The suit quickly began to adjust to her vital signs and prosthetic replacements. Hopefully it wouldn't take to long to remove the tracker. While she waited for Alena, she put the ship on lock down, allowing only her to access the ships controls, hacking it could take a long time even for a skilled professional.

"I hope I didn't hurt anyone." said Jarven when Alena spoke to him. "We've landed to get the tracker off? How can I help?" He started to stand up. "What's our next step? Are you still going to Olvan?"

[member="Riley Reese"] [member="Alena"]

Alena crossed her arms and shook her head as the man began to stand. "You can sit right back down, mister. We'll be taking care of that tracker quickly enough, but I'm not going to let you wander about the ship in the meantime." She stepped backward through the doorframe and rested her hand on the outside controls. "We'll get to Olvan at some point, but that's all I've got to share with you for now." Alena queued the door release, then brought Riley up on her commlink. "Hey Ri, can you seal your chambers so our quest can't get out?" Great, now you've got a nickname for the woman? Alena thought to herself. Shut it, I can handle myself. She replied, suddenly feeling foolish. Just don't get close. You'll get burned. Alena didn't need anyone telling her that, least of all her insecurities. Riley was a good enough gal, but she was a complete stranger. Maybe she won't be forever? A more positive part of her thought. She could only smile a little bit. One can hope.

[member="Jarven Zexxel"] [member="Riley Reese"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom