Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gun Running to Olvan [PM to Join]

Riley watched the blue lights outside the window before speaking. "You must hate the Sith just as much as I hate the Hutts." She took a longer swig from the bottle before handing it back. "The Sith took your friends parents like the Hutts took my life."

Alena frowned slightly and poured herself another splash of tihaar, shaking her head. "I hated my mother for a long time, I still resent her. My father I'll hate for a long time still...but not the Sith. They didn't take anything from me." She looked down into her mug, swirling the viscous liquor before swallowing it down. She turned her mug over and slapped it down onto the console, splashing drops of clear liquid onto the metal panel. "And I'm not sure I would have cared if they had."

Not hating someone who took something from you, not confused Riley at first. As she thought about it, the more it made sense in Alenas case. The Sith really hadn't taken something close to her. Riley cocked her head to the side, thinking. "You must have really hated your father."

[member="Alena"]

Alena scoffed out a laugh. "You bet I did. Worthless sack of poodoo he was...always drunk, screaming, hitting." She looked at the mug in her hand and the bottle of tihaar. "Ironic, isn't it?" Alena was beginning to feel the familiar fuzz creeping into the peripherals of her mind which told her she needed to slow down. She poured herself a double shot, but didn't drink it, not yet. There was a lot she had hated about her father, and much of it had to do with how she held herself back as a result of being raised by the son of a kath hound.

[member="Riley Reese"]

Riley let out a small noise of agreement. There was a question welling up inside her, one she had wondered for a long time nut never had the chance to ask. "What's it like....to have a family. I mean, knowing where you came from."

[member="Alena"]

Alena took Riley's question in, considering it carefully. She didn't want to say anything that might hurt the other woman's feelings; it was clear Riley was going out on an emotional limb by even asking. It told Alena a lot about her, and wasn't sure Riley would want her to know that much. She sipped from her mug, feeling the liquor burn as it washed down and trapped Riley's pretty electronic eyes in her gaze.
"It depends entirely on who they are. When my mother left, abandoning me to a father who spent years beating me and keeping me down, I realised that I'd never really known her at all. Now my father...at least he never hid what he was. My mother was always my mother until the day she just...stopped." Alena leaned forward, resting a hand on Riley's arm. "If you want to tell me why you'd ask, feel free. Your secrets are mine."

Riley was silent for a minute when Alena was done speaking. It was hard for her to imagine what she had gone through, since she had never experienced family before. "I...didn't have a family. So I didn't really know. Cause..I was..." She paused for a moment, not sure how to correctly say what she was without being blunt. "I was..a slave soldier."

[member="Alena"]

"That's how you got the prosthetics." It wasn't a question, but a statement. Alena glanced at Riley's arms and legs, suddenly feeling dirty for having touched them at all; they were the work of sociopaths after all. "I'm glad you aren't any more." She muttered, looking down into her mug.

Riley gave a nod, it was the reason she had prosthetics. "The only reason I'm not one anymore, is that Arko the Hutt died. I was among the surviving soldiers. With no one left to give orders, we kinda just faded into the galaxy."
[member="Alena"]

"It was a little overwhelming at first. Met a guy named Mak, oddly enough, he saved my life. Even as weird as he is. " A small smile appeared on her face. "He even became a member of the crew. Which is good, because he's helped me quite a bit on things. He couldn't be here on this mission, due to a family reunion, or something like that. "

Alena cocked her head to the side, feeling she was close to learning more about the other woman. "Is Mak...a good friend of yours?" Alena asked, arching an eyebrow playfully. She sipped at her tihaar some more, her mind drawn inextricably back to Wan Min. She missed her, but she pushed the thought aside for the moment.

"Yeah, he's probably the only person I can call friend." She thought it was a strange question for Alena ask. Never having much experience with emotions or relationships, the meaning in Alenas question almost went over her head. When it dawned on her, her expression changed from relaxed to confusion then to a surprised realization. "Oohh...no, not like that. I...I don't think anyway. I'm not really good on picking up on those kinds of...signals. Never really had the chance or experience from such things."

[member="Alena"]

He was sinking. An abundant amount of chains were wrapped around him. He jerked his head to the left and the right for it was the only part of his body that he could move. Everything was dark. His breathing was heavy and hot. He tried to breath in more oxygen, only to find it harder to draw breath. Everything slowly started to become brighter. Was he underwater? He looked down and found that he was falling towards a barrier of light, the surface.

*Gasp!* Jarven woke up in a jolt. He was squeezed tightly in some sort of container. He panicked, trying to draw in more breath than he was allowed to. The oxygen levels in the container were almost non-existent. His internal respirator had been working hard to sift the oxygen from the gas, but there was no more oxygen to draw from the container and the gas. Jarven started pounding wildly on the walls of the container. He was able to yell out once in a weak fashion "Help!" before he entirely ran out of oxygen. This only made Jarven more desperate. He pounded harder and harder and harder. He then put both hands on the sides of the container and pushed with his remaining strength. The container soon burst under the pressure and pink gas billowed out into the surrounding air.

Jarven flopped out of the remains of the container, his helmet coming un-duct taped from his left shin. He lay on the ground gasping. His whole body was violently shaking from the deprivation and the cramped space. He could see two females, a human and a Chiss, but that's all he could tell from his current state. He coughed violently and tried to breathe in large gasps of air. He finally rasped out, "It's a trap! It's...It's a tr....trap...a trap....." His words slowed down as he closed his eyes and tried to focus on breathing steadily.

[member="Riley Reese"] [member="Alena"]

The sound of a crate bursting open brought Riley to her feet in an instant. As she stood she grabbed her convergence pistol from its hiding place next to her seat. There, laying on the floor and gasping for air, was a Gank. Riley could barley make out what he was saying before he lost consciousness. Slowly, she made her way forward, her pistol drawn on the unexpected intruder. Carefully she reached down and checked to make sure he was still alive. Once confirming that he was, she tried waking him. It wasn't everyday that someone sneaked aboard her ship.

[member="Jarven Zexxel"] [member="Alena"]

JARVENJARVENJARVENJARVENJARVENJARVENJARVENJARVENJARVENJARVENJARVENJARVENWAKEUP.

Jarven had fallen back into a haze, but he could feel something prodding him back into the light. He could only focus on one thing at a time. He slowly came back to it all and his hand seemed to slowly grasp around the hand that was prodding him. Jarven didn't know WHY he did it. It just felt normal. It wasn't a sudden movement, either. His hand tenderly reached up and his fingers slowly curled around the hand. It was strong and sturdy. It was not cold, but it was not naturally warm, either. Jarven fully opened his eyes and now he was completely awake.

His hand still holding hers, he looked up and immediately noticed the woman's eyes. I like black and green...Jarven stared into those attractive eyes and then it dawned on him that they weren't natural. Trying to focus with even more effort, he realized that her hand and eyes were, in fact, cybernetic. Being a Gank, Jarven already had a natural affinity towards cybernetics. Seeing her made him feel safe and warm.

Jarven came back to full mental awareness. He realized that he was still holding her hand, and not wanting to create an awkward situation, he gently released her hand. He tried to gather his brain and sit up so that he could lean against the wall. He couldn't think of the proper words to say, so he waited for one of the two women to ask questions first.

Rileys eyes narrowed when the half conscious man grabbed her hand. It may not have been a threatening manner, but she really wasn't one for close contact, at least with people she didn't know. When he let go, Riley readjusted her grip on the pistol and spoke in a hardened voice. "Who are you? How did you get on my ship?"

[member="Jarven Zexxel"]

"Jarven. Jarven Zexxel." Jarven was getting QUITE used to introducing himself by now. "I---" Jarven struggled hard to remember, but when he tried, the back of his head hurt. Reaching behind, he realized that he could feel two small bumps next to each other on the back of his head. Tazer? Drug administered? OW! He had poked it too much and he soon felt a sharp sting from the area. "I was...shoved into that container?"

It was coming back to Jarven now. Jarven started to slowly explain to the green and black eyed woman how he had been sent on a casual errand by the Red Ravens to investigate how best to manipulate the warring situation between all of the factions on Olvan. Jarven had followed his orders, despite the slight misgivings he had about this "manipulation". During his investigation, Jarven had come across a Sybosinthian Spy's work. The Twilek spy was attempting to find which cargo ships had been planning on making a run to Olvan. Once he had found one such cargo ship, the spy planned on putting a stealthy tracking device on the outside of the said ship. When that ship came into the range of Olvan, Sybosinthian radar would quickly pick up the signal and allow them to quickly find and capture the ship. Using the ship as a scapegoat, they would capture the ship, confiscate the goods, interrogate and try the crew members as spies, and use their presence as an excuse for reparations or even cause for open war with their largest rival, the Carinthian Republic. When he confronted the twilek about this, the twilek nimbly surprised him by doing nothing other than quickly removing a handheld device and stabbing it into the back of Jarven's neck. Jarven wasn't aware of anything else beyond that point, but he figured that the pink gas was meant to keep him under and eventually suffocate him, getting rid of one more loose end. Luckily for Jarven, his internal respirator had saved him.

Jarven hoped that he was able to reveal this in time and waited to see how they would take in his info.

Riley arched an eyebrow at the mans response. "Shoved into a container. Why would some one do that? You better explain yourself fast Jarven, we're not to far from Olvan."

[member="Jarven Zexxel"]

"I don't know. All I could feel was the sting and the darkness. Then, I woke up...in there." An involuntary shiver ran through Jarven's body. "Maybe if I didn't end up dying in the container, he figured I'd be found and put in the same position as you two."

Jarven's breathing had become stable now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom