Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion Growing Pains | SJC Dominion of Chokan

Objective 2

Ki'an could tell by Cas' tone that he was displeased but he wasn't about to chase the other on the issue. While he was conflicted, his duty lay in helping those who were unable to help themselves. Cas would have to wait for now, though it upset him to know he had upset the Jedi.

For a few second, he just stared at Yenna as she clung to his leg. The feeling of the Force was a new and unusual one and it made him want to brush her off but she soon proved to be beneficial. "Thanks..." He told her, his tone indicating puzzlement. Despite working with the Jedi for some time now, he was still far from experienced in his knowledge of the Force.

The combination of tiredness and absent-minded was lethal for the Mandalorian but now he was able to concentrate better, his focus returned to the situation at hand. "Some of these refugees have injuries and we can't use bacta on them because it accelerates the virus. We've used other traditional methods but some of these people are suffering needlessly. Can you help them?"

Cadere Cadere Yenna Yenna

Objective 2 - Bogan's Wraith
Tags:
Ki'an Vizsla Ki'an Vizsla Yenna Yenna Yula Perl Yula Perl

Cas muttered and grumbled as he mopped away at the floor with annoyed vigor. "This is so stupid." he said to himself quietly, he'd fought Sith and Bryn while living to tell the tale and now he was on mop duty. What a fall from grace... or, maybe, it was a humbling experience, Cas shrugged to himself as his thought process continued.

A familiar presence felt a warm familiar presence wash over him. Quickly following that, he heard boots squeak on the wet floor before a small thud reached his ears. Cas followed the wet trail left behind by his mopping to find none other than Yula Perl on her tuchas with caf scattered over the floor.

He flashed her a cocky smirk before resting the top of the handle under his chin "Doesn't matter, Perl. It was all worth it to see you on your ass." the Kiffar teased. Approaching the Zeltron Cas stood over her and offered her his hand to help her up "What're you doin' here?"

Objective - 2
Tags: Cadere Cadere | Ki'an Vizsla Ki'an Vizsla | Yula Perl Yula Perl

Ki'an seemed to have some life in him again, immediately giving Yenna instructions on what to do. She gave a determined nod as she glanced around. "Sure thing." she spoke as she turned and made her way to a patient nearby.

The poor man was squirming and groaning or coughing up a storm. Yenna looked him over and reached out to place her little hands on him. But his squirming soon knocked her off the cot before she could even attempt to help him.

She glanced around, looking for Cas. He seemed to be distracted by a lady whp found herself on the floor as well. With a powerful jump she twirled through the air and landed beside Cas. "The interruption, apologies for. With a patient, help me can you?" she hurriedly asked Cas. Glancing at the woman, she gave a small nod. "Introduce myself, I would... but in a hurry, I am." she apologized befire looking back to Cas and yanking on his trousers. "Hurry, please." she insisted before bouncing off back to the patient.

Once Cas joined her, she would climb back on the Cot. "Hold him down, please." she instructed before getting to work on healing the man with the help of the Force. His pain started to dissipate steadily until he was soundly asleep. "Heal them fully, I cannot. But fight back this virus, I can at least." she explained as she glanced up at Cas. "Help me with the rest, can you?" she asked him.

Objective: 1

The Grandmaster had arrived early.

"FORWARD!"

"AH!"

"THRUST!"

"AH!"

"HOLD!"

"..."

"INCOMING FROM THE FRONT!"

"AH!"

Josh had been pacing to and fro, watching the progress of the refugees as he kept a keen eye on their posture. Something he would never lose his dislike for was slavery. And while he couldn't kill all slavery in every world... This was certainly a start. He'd gotten them on vibroblades for now, knowing he was better equipped to teach them melee combat than anyone else.

"BOLT TO YOUR RIGHT!"

As soon as the command rang out, the refuges knew by now to roll to their left. But they were still wet behind the ears. Being able to memorize basic procedures were one thing, but they would need more than that to survive actual combat. Slavers with enough numbers could even take down Jedi. This, he knew. There could be no mistakes in combat against them.

Tags:
Ki'an Vizsla Ki'an Vizsla Yenna Yenna Yula Perl Yula Perl

Before Yula could even answer his question, his dreads flew back as he felt a gust of air blow into his face. Turning to see what just flew next to him, he glanced down and saw Yenna. Cas couldn't get a word in before Yenna had launched herself back over to the patient "Alright then." the Kiffar turned to look back at Yula, he reached over and grabbed her arm "Congratulations, Miss Perl. You've been selected to keep me company during this endeavour." he stated, dragging her along with him as he made his way over to Yenna and the patient.

Arriving, Cas immediately followed Yen's direction and held the patient down with his cybernetic arm nonchalantly. It was odd, she hadn't been a Knight long and now she was giving him directions, regardless it was a funny thought. The patient struggled against him but the strength of Cas' prosphetic arm held them down efficiently, as Yenna did her thing, he turned to ask Yula "So, what are you doing here? You never got to answer thanks to someone." he asked, flashing Yenna a wink when he referred to her, indicating no actual hard feelings.

Following Yenna's question, he glanced toward the other patients, scanning the room for a moment. Returning his gaze to Yenna, he nodded "Yeah, I can help."

87adbdf503b4b18f28ad795ef31badfb.png

Objective One: Let's Get Down to Business (Noncombat - Training)

Gir handed out another Firespike Submachine Gun to another Chokan volunteer. Around him, Directorate Trade Agents instructed volunteers in basic firearms handling, from even the most basic of the safety rules to actual live-fire exercises at a trio of alabaster dummies lined up at one side of the room. He watched one cadet hose down one of the dummies and empty an entire magazine of ammunition into the dummy. Gir half felt the need to chastise the trainee on ammunition waste, but at the same time, he was fairly impressed that the trainee had managed to keep the entire mag dump on target. Hopefully he won't turn out to be too much of a killer and less of a protector...

"Excuse me."

The man turned around and found himself looking down on a sneevel wielding a Firespike. The gun is nearly the size that he is...can he really use it? A brief smile flickered across his face. They had particularly chosen the Firespike to hand out because of its relatively small size and relatively easy recoil to control, yet the disparate size difference reminded Gir of just how truly vast and diverse the species of galaxies were.

"What can I do for you?"

"Do you have...something smaller?"

That brought pause to the man. He couldn't think of a smaller weapon that Lucerne Personal Defense made that really could fit the being's stature. He could probably find an underbarrel weapon of some sort, but while small enough, it wasn't a configuration that could be used as a stand alone. Even our blaster pistols would probably be at least the size of a carbine to him...and without a stock on top of that. A thought occurred to him. The man pulled out a dated palmgun he had just picked up on the planet's local bazaar.

"How about this?"

The two beings traded weapons. While still far larger proportionally than it should have been, the palmgun at least seemed to be something that the young sneevel could use. The Directorate officer slung the submachine gun around his left shoulder.

"Want me to show you how to use it?"

Objective | II

Tags | Cadere Cadere - Yenna Yenna - @Ki’an Vizsla

"Doesn't matter, Perl. It was all worth it to see you on your ass."

“Usually it’s not me on my ass people are happy to see.”

Muttering, she took the proffered hand and switched on a smile. It had been a while since she’d taken a job in Silver space, and Yula considered her luck that she’d run into an old friend. Before she could answer, a tug at Cas’ leg drew their attention elsewhere. Down, to be precise.

"The interruption, apologies for. With a patient, help me can you?"
"Introduce myself, I would... but in a hurry, I am."

Yula nodded to the green-hued woman who'd insisted on Cas' help. She nodded in response, giving the Jedi a lazy two fingered salute. "No problem, we can catch u--!" The Kiffar had other ideas, and Yula found herself dragged along to the medical ward without much room to complain.

Eyes sweeping through the row of cots, Yula's gaze sobered for a moment. Healing had never been her forte, that was Nida's job. Her attention brightened when Cas spoke to her.

"Took a contract delivering bacta and medical supplies to Chokan." She shrugged, glancing down at the man Cas was holding down without much effort. Her focus swept over to Yenna, then to the Mandalorian. Along with healing, idle lingering had never been her strong suit. "What can I do to help?"

Gir listened to A ARS VAMI intently as the Directorate Trade Agents continued to train the constable volunteers. In many respects, the revelation that some of their weapons were being diverted to black market channels was unsurprising - corruption was endemic on many of the lesser Outer Rim worlds, especially those that were being stressed. Yet, this somehow felt far more personal than normal. Lives...even entire sentient species are at stake, and here we have people just trying to flip a credit. He sighed in depressed acceptance of the reality of life as he listened to the other man's suggestion. He nodded in turn.

"Absolutely, tracking devices might be of good use. Feel free to start doing that now. I will be calling some extra help of my own to help with this...matter. Excuse me."

The blonde man walked briefly away to the quietest corner he could find in the room and pulled out his comlink.

"Ariela, there's been some problems with our arms shipments here on Chokan being diverted to the black market. I'd like your personal presence for this."

"Any other help you'd like?"

"Whatever assets you have available."

"Will do. You know, this could be a good training mission for the cadets."

That thought terrified him. Most of the cadets had just learned how to use their weapons, yet the man could tell that some of them had some prior military or weapons training. The fact that Ariela is suggesting that probably indicates that we don't have a lot of our own right now...but it's true that the cadets will have to do this on their own without help soon. We can't stay forever...maybe if I pair up the most experienced cadets with a trade agent we'll be okay? He pressed his lips together as he considered her suggestion.

"You're not a fan of the idea."

"They're green."

"We're only here for a few more days."

"I know," agreed the man, "which is the only reason why I didn't immediately dismiss the idea. We'll do it your way..."

"I'll be there shortly."

"Good."

Gir returned to Ars Vami and offered a brief, subdued smile, "One of my associates will be coming here soon to help do some tracking. Is there anything else we need to do before we release these arms shipments?"

Objective 2

The Medic brought the commlink to his mouth to check on his colleagues working at the nearby hospital. ::How's it looking?:: He asked. They had been working non-stop for days and while the situation wasn't hopeless yet, it was draining and they risked running out of supplies and options.

::I was just about to call you! The latest lab results are back and they're looking good:: A voice replied.

::On my way:: Ki'an replied.

The Mandalorian glanced over his shoulder at Cas who seemed to find some use for himself before leaving the Jedi to his own devices while he continued his own work. He had known there was little Cas could do to help when he asked him for help but it was under the ulterior motive of keeping an eye on the Jedi. Since their ordeal with a Sith Lord, he wanted to look out for the Knight, feeling partly responsible for bringing him into the mess that had now become his life.

He tried not to think of it too much but rather focus on his work that kept him busy. With that in mind, he headed towards the exit, offering Cas a friendly pat on the shoulder as he passed.

But it wasn't all doom and gloom. There was hope for these people yet.

Tags:
Yenna Yenna Yula Perl Yula Perl

Following receiving directions from Yenna, Cas prepared to go and do what needed doing but not before feeling a pat on his shoulder. Turning to see whoever it was, he saw it was Ki'an, Cas remained in place as he watched the Mandalorian leaving his sight. Though he couldn't fully emote due to the mask placed on the lower and middle half of his face, his brown eyes told it all. Cas' brows furrowed as he looked at the empty space where Ki'an was.

The Jedi still felt tremendous guilt for the way things transpired, while he was happy they saved two... Cas couldn't let go of the fact he couldn't reunite all five of them. This fact weighed heavily on him, and was anchored to his very spirit. Ki'an being who he was... while he appreciated the kind and friendly gestures, it only made Cas feel worse. Cas had failed him and yet, the Mandalorian still managed to stomach the sight of him - surely the image of his blue tattooed face would bring back horrible memories for him? Right?

He quickly shook these thoughts from his mind, it wasn't the best time to dwell on his intrusive guilt-ridden thoughts. Right now, he had a job to do. Help Yenna help these patients.

Gir nodded at A ARS VAMI . There's always a need for a ships...but the wookiees. That was a hard one for him. Lucerne Labs itself was primarily based on a Wookiee factory world, Kwookrr, and used a large wookiee labor force as a result. At the very least, if word got out that he had refused to help a such a sizeable number of wookiee refugees, he could expect to have troubles at the Lucerne headquarters. The question is what ships do I have that we could spare that the wookiees could actually use? He knew that he had some Siroccos that he could theoretically spare, yet he knew that the cramped cockpits of the craft probably could only accomodate the smallest of their kind, and even then, he doubted that they had the room to effectively operate the flight controls. Most of his company's other craft were similarly designed for the average person and had little extraneous room that could squeeze in a wookiee. Clearly, it would have to be one of their larger fighters. He did some quick thinking.

"I have several squadrons of Gale Heavy Fighters," said the blonde man, "which I could probably donate to your cause. But they will have to likely arrive in a piecemeal fashion, the state of the galaxy as it is. But there is one squadron that I could transfer to your cause right now, once we finish finding these arms dealers. Consider them a reward for your help in this matter."

Ariela entered the room, followed by a squad of Directorate Shock Marines. The squad's sergeant fell in step with the admiral's aide de camp while the rest of the group fanned out to take sentry positions around the room's other entry ways and exits. Nothing like an arms shipment being stolen to heighten their already existing paranoias. Gir gestured with a broad sweeping motion of his hand to the apparent woman.

"Mister Vami, may I introduce you to Miss Ariela Captisan, my aide."

She offered the man a curt nod, "Mister Vami, a pleasure I am sure. This is Sergeant Rhodes off of the Thunderflare."

The helmed soldier nodded, "Reporting for duty, sirs."

Admiral Quee nodded, "Well, I think that with the trainees and trainers here, we are ready to proceed with the operation."

Objective: Bogan's Wraith
With: Ye Hyonu Ye Hyonu

"Yes yes, very organized." She repeated mockingly as she dropped another straightened stack of tablets right next to his hand, producing loud clattering upon impact. "So organized that it took you nearly five minutes to find what I asked for. Imagine another physician or researcher trying to go follow through with your notes, they would have a better time navigating a maze."

Hyonu considered her idea with the aerosol dispense. Technically it was possible, but he was worried that the delivery method would dilute the potency of the serum. It was a fine balance between providing enough serum to boost the antibodies, but not enough to empower the virus.

Now it was on her on the method of converting the viscous serum into aerosol form.

"Easy. We'll use liposomes as the vehicle. The lipid bilayer will allow the organic components of the serum to survive long enough to be inhaled. You'll be able to exert some fine control with how much of the serum you pack into the core of the liposomes to adjust the potency."

"So, I think we have a solution for the to get ahead of the infection and treat early cases. For now, I'm not sure what we can do for advanced cases but to slow down their metabolism in stasis chambers to freeze viral activity and reduce fluid loss. More troubling, we still haven't found patient zero."

She strolled back to her station, picking up a small yellow case - a travel medical kit.

"Who's up for a field trip through the refugee slums?"

Last edited:
Objective II

The Mandalorian parted from their motely crew, leaving strange feelings from Cas in his wake. Yula’s eyes slid towards her friend, unused to feeling even a trace of guilt or anguish from Cas. Not that she knew exactly was he was feeling, but the negative energy was enough for her natural Zeltron empathy to pick up.

“Hey, I’m sure your friend will be back soon.” She elbowed him with a playful smile, aware that the Mandalorian’s departure likely wasn’t the cause of such strong emotion, but she felt the need to address it somehow. It served as a stark reminder that everyone had problems in some way, even someone as carefree and charismatic as Cas.

Green eyes flickered to the woman who’d procured Cas from mop duty.

“Do…have they figured out why bacta and kolto only make it worse?” The bacta she’d been carrying would hopefully be put to use elsewhere. Meandering to the side, she casually swiped a datapad from one of the healer’s stations, flipping through folders and files with quick swipes of her finger.

Antigens…ligands…proteins? Okay, she’d heard of that one. DNA was something she’d heard before as well, but RNA? Different strands? Complicated science mumbo jumbo is what it was. Yula’s brows scrunched in concentration—perhaps there would be something useful buried beneath all of this jargon.

Objective: 1

Good. They were looking better. The Grandmaster nodded his head in approval as their form began to tighten with each bit of practice the refugees had. Josh had drilled them hard, to say the least, but he was fair. And he always gave credit where it was due. These refugees were still green and rough around the edges. Many of them seemed like they had never had a fight in their lives. But he could definitely say they were spirited. Of course, Josh had ensured they had the motivation. He had been to hundreds of slave camps, and had been part of one at one point. He knew all the horrors that went down there.

And those horrors would motivate them harder than anything. He made it very clear what awaited them if they lost. And even the laziest ones had worked hard as a result. One by one, Josh approached the group and bashed two and fro with a vibroblade. Most of them actually managed to block or counter. Most, anyway. It wasn't a perfect result, but it would do.

"You've earned a break. Grab your drinks from the corner and take twenty" he instructed the group as he sheathed his vibroblade. They just might be able to pull this off.

Tags:
Yenna Yenna Yula Perl Yula Perl

"Huh?" Cas felt Yula's elbow softly dig into his side, she told him not to worry about his 'friend' whom he assumed was Ki'an. An eyebrow raised, "What? Oh." he responded, Cas had apparently been caught slipping and accidentally broadcasted his emotions for Yula and possibly Yen to sense. His eyes met hers and the fabric of his protective mask crinkled as his lips formed a smile "I'm good. I'm good." Cas repeated, attempting to save face.

Yula's question provoked a line of thought in Cas' mind. It took only a few seconds for him to ultimately give up though, throwing his shoulders skyward, he made an 'I don't know' vocalisation before responding verbally "Your guess is as good as mine. Wouldn't exactly call myself knowledgable in this sort of stuff."

Cas returned his gaze to the cots ahead before glancing back at Yula "How'd you wanna do this? Split up? Or go in as a couple--duo." he corrected himself, shaking his head.

Gir nodded A ARS VAMI . Figures it wouldn't be so easy. I suppose a dumb criminal is not one who lasts long, even on a world such as this.

"I see," said the blonde man, "while we wait for the decryption then, my men and I will continue to instruct the trainees."

With that, the admiral stepped into the ranks of the assembled Shock Marines. Despite their outward appearance, all the marines save Rhodes were actually Hoplite-series Synthetic Soldiers. As capable of fighters that they were, they weren't exactly the sort to be used to instruct actual organics in how to fight - their programming wasn't particularly good for social interactions.

"Men, we will have to wait for more intelligence before we can act. In the mean time, I'm going to ask everyone of you but Sergeant Rhodes here to take sentry positions around this room and check anyone entering or leaving for unauthorized weapons or gear. Sergeant Rhodes and I will join the Trade Agents in training some of the new constables, but flag one of us down immediately if you notice anything suspicious. Any questions?"

He waited a few seconds, but he received no response from behind the veiled visors of the marines' helms. I'll take that as a good sign. With that, the admiral and the sergeant walked over to a trio of new constable recruits who had just been given their submachine guns...

Objective 1: Let's get Down to Business
Tags: Highmoon Highmoon

Vaux Shook her head a little, looking at the pilot.

"No kid. Hologames don't count, but Skyhopper experience should help. Controls are similar to the X-wing's." She then ran her hand down the wings of the fighter, smirking a little. "Today hopefully you'll all at least have a grasp on flying, and I hope you're prepared, cause you seem to be the only pilot in the room. Which means when I'm done with my part, you'll have to continue with the training." Vaux may've taken a little too much joy in revealing this fact, but it seemed to be the truth. He was the only one with any flight experience.

"Now, I want to show all of you the inside of an X-wing cockpit, and begin getting you use to the idea of flying. Just flying. Leaderboard here can also start learning how an actually squadron works."

"Oh I know it works, there's much more dying," Jerrick quipped. "Lucky me, I guess I automatically shoot to the top here."

Squadrons was closer to a mil sim than an arcade shooter, so there had to be some value to using it. Sure enough, when he joined the Mandalorian looking down into an X-wing cockpit, the layout was just about the same as he was used to, but much more crude - this model was positively ancient. Like not ha ha a couple decades old but actually Hutt-I-Lived-To-See-The-Galactic-Civil-War Ancient. The configuration was much closer to his vintage Skyhopper which had probably been rebuilt from scraps at least a dozen times.

Would they have to fight the Bryn...in these?

"Oh yeah...lots of dying."

Vaux Gred Vaux Gred

Objective 1

It was commendable that the people of Chokan wanted to take a stand and fight for themselves with the aid of the Jedi to help them help themselves rather than complete reliance on the Concord. Many of the people that stood before them were devoted, passionate about the cause and it was shone through in their enthusiasm and effort. There wasn't an overwhelming number of people but it was a start.

The Jedi worked with a small group of people on an area she was knowledgeable in: self-defence. She was not one for shooting or tactical planning but had been taught the most basic of defences to get by. Now, a fully fledged Jedi Knight, she was far more adept at fighting and defence but with the learners they had, they were starting from the beginning. However, they were quick learners and slowly grew in competence and confidence throughout the day.

"And that's how you disarm someone." She told the onlooking group while she held the wrist of one of the volunteers twisted behind his back. His face expressing discomfort, though the Jedi couldn't see.

The Knight released the man who returned to his place in the group. "Try with your partners. Take it in turns." She instructed them while keeping a watchful eye on them to correct any mistakes.

Objective 1: Let's get Down to Business
Tag: Highmoon Highmoon

Vaux, looked over at Jerrick, noticing the look he was giving the X-Wing, then what he said. She shook her head, walking back over.

"Hey, Jerrick. don't underestimate old ships. There's a lot of centuries old ships that can still go toe to toe with todays fighters." She then patted the wing, and tossed a helmet at the other pilot. "Now come on. Time for your test flight, everyone else, keep studying the cockpit."

Yula snorted as she put down the datapad. “Good thing we both know what we’re doing, then.”

Jedi were instructed in basic medical training, and life on the ‘rim had taught Yula how to patch up a wound in an emergency, and care for it afterwards. Nothing too fancy, just enough to keep you alive until you could make it to a medic or doctor.

“Uh huh,” She murmured, a knowing gesturing raising her eyebrows up and down. “I thought you were seeing someone.”

Yula shrugged in admission “I guess it would make sense for us to work together, seeing as how we’re both not healers.” Either they would help eachother, or they’d make twice the mistakes.

Moving on to the first person, she noted the readout on the med scanner. Thankfully, the newer ones made it easy and told you what was wrong with the patient without much scientific jargon. This one had dehydration and a fever.

“I guess we…is force hydration a thing?” Yula looked up to Cas. “Do you know how to start an IV?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom