Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Groundlion Man-Of-War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orn'om

O

l61seIG.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Chiss Ascendancy
  • Affiliation: ANY CHISS FACTION
  • Market Status: Closed-Market
  • Model: Groundlion Man-of-War
  • Production: Limited
  • Material:
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Assault Carrier
  • Length: 2000 Meters
  • Width: 1000
  • Height: 900
  • Armament: Average
    • Octuple Barbette Heavy Megamaser Batteries
    • Quad Barbette Heavy Megamaser Batteries
    • Megamaser Turrets
    • Spectrum Laser Cannons
    • Point-Defense Maser Cannons
    • Plasma Sphere Launchers
    • Point Defense Missile Octets
    • Breacher Missile Octets
    • Concussion Missile Launchers
    • Heavy Ion Cannons
  • Defenses:Very High
    • Deflector Shields
    • Heavy Armor
    • Electrostatic Barrier
    • Dampner Aerosol Missiles
    • Dampner Aerosol Chaff
  • Hangar Space: High: 14
  • Hangar Allocations: Modular
    • Typical Starfighters: 12 squadrons
    • Typical Support Craft: 2 squadrons
  • Maneuverability Rating: Average
  • Speed Rating: Low
  • Hyperdrive: Yes
  • Hyperdrive: 1.0
STANDARD FEATURES
  • Military Grade Sensors
  • Military Grade Communication Encryption
  • Military Grade Starship Systems
  • Sensor Jammers
ADVANCED SYSTEMS
STRENGTHS
  • Heavy Armor and Shielding
  • Carrier
WEAKNESSES
  • Ion Weapons
  • Lack of highly advanced nav computers/Heavy Reliance on Chiss Navigators
DESCRIPTION
The Groundlion Man-of-War was a type of capital ship used by various Chiss factions. One of the original classes of Man-of-War, the modern variant has grown substantially in size putting it on par with the heavy Star Destroyers of "Lesser Space" in tonnage. Equipped with exotic Chiss weapons and decent sensors, it functions as a carrier destroyer or assault carrier. Alongside the Firewolf Man-of-War, the Groundlion was among the most common Man-of-War vessels in use by the Chiss. During the Second Great Hyperspace War the Groundlion saw an upgrade in deflector shield technology thanks to increased trade and military aid from the Galactic Alliance and the New Imperial Order.

Last edited by a moderator:
HPI AI; Terraris Command
Factory Judge
Orn'om

As usual, very nicely made submission, Gil! One thing, the mass detector is able to sense the cloaking devices, so this is a Semi-unique item. Please modify the submission production scale, or change this to a normal detector, sensor, or just simply delete it..

Orn'om

O
MANIAC MANIAC

If I still need to edit this I will - but the wiki is a little misleading - stealth x's didn't use any actual stealth tech that would be limited by our rules. StealthX's didn't use any actual cloaking fields or anything they just made them difficult to see with the naked eye and used a few tricks. Mass Detectors weren't and couldn't be used to find fully cloaked ships. There's also this bit at the end "and proved ineffective at detecting the starfighters."

Orn'om

O
Yeah, it can be misleading if you haven't read the books because the description technically isn't wrong - but the visual aspect is literally just black sensor dampening paint and a star-speckled pattern so they blend in with the stary background of space. You could look out the window in broad daylight on a planet and see them though.

They don't use any stealth field generators and the mass detectors failed at detecting them

But I'll remove it

HPI AI; Terraris Command
Factory Judge
Orn'om

Yesterday I was tired when I judged the sub, and I made a mistake. I misread the Wookie's article, and I read effective instead of ineffective, and now, I feel bad because of it, because you're right when you tried to appoint to this. So I'm sorry for this, and please, feel free to write back the Mass-detector into the submission, if you want.

HPI AI; Terraris Command
Factory Judge
Orn'om

Because there were no problem with the sub, and it was meant to correct my mistake, so I consider it is ok, and I re-approved it, instead of archive it.

Re-approved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom