Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greetings everyone!

First of all thank you for having me! I have previously role-played on instagram so when I found this website you can only imagine how ecstatic I was. I am so excited to start role-playing with Niyla here! If anyone would like to rp with me in the future, or right now just comment and we can. I am not really familiar with how to post roleplays here or start forums, also I do not know I to acquire ranks. Any help would be great! Mostly I learn from experience so please let us role play! Also do I need to create a sub account for Niyla or is this 'writer' account fine? I see some people with character tabs and others with writer so I do not know if one is correct or if they both work? Thank you all!

[member="Niyla Ar'i"]

Welcome! You can use your writer account as a character if you'd like. It's entirely up to you. As for your ranks, you can request them in this thread here. (sub-accounts must have 50 posts before requesting, however writer accounts are exempt.)

You'll want to post your character bio here before starting to RP - there's no approval process, other than that, it's pretty open. You can request RP from the Roleplay Discussion board, or join in on any RP that is listed as Public. Private threads are closed, but you can always PM the writers and see if you can fit in if anything says "PM to join" or the like.

[member="Niyla Ar'i"]

Welcome to SWRP: Chaos!

To answer your questions, we have two locations to post your threads: Open and Private Role-Plays. Open threads have quite a few subcategories, but are generally free for people to hop in; whereas private is for a select person(s) you choose. You can find both of the forums here.

And as far as making a character subaccount, that is entirely up to you. Some people just use their writer account and dive right in. Others like to use their writer account as a general OOC type deal. It's completely personal preference.

If you have any other questions, I would happy to help. In addition, any member of the Chaos staff team would be more than willing to guide you in the right direction. Just look for the accounts whose names have funky display colors.

Once again, welcome!

Edit: And this is why posting from mobile sucks. Sniped!

Sibar Laval

S
[member="Niyla Ar'i"]

WELCOME WELOCME!

I seng greetings from the First Order, I'm always up for a good thread!

[member="Niyla Ar'i"]
Hello and welcome to the board :)

As far as writer & character subaccounts go, there's no need to make a subaccount if you don't want to - I used my writer account as my first character (and second one) until I decided to make it my OOC account.

For obtaining ranks you can head over the Request a Rank Title | Subaccount Name Change thread and request rank tags (if you go with a character subaccount, you'll need 50 posts), but a force user needs to start as an apprentice/padawan rank unless you are transferring. I'll quote & link character creation rules below for your ease of access.

You can post your bio here, just start a new topic and put in any information you feel belongs there (feel free to copy my bio's format if you'd like, it's linked below my avatar to the left).

Once you've posted a bio and decided on a character or writer account to use, you can join any roleplay in the Open RP board that has the "Public" tag, or any faction threads which your character belongs to (like if you're a member of the Galactic Alliance you can join most/all of the GA threads). To start a new thread you just click the Start New Topic button, like you did here, and write up a post to your roleplay. If you'd like to do a solo one, we have a Private Roleplaying board, where you can RP alone or with other people and it is kept private.

Major factions have a lot of pull on this board, like the Republic did in Canon, and the Empire after, you can see their influence clouds/territory here, the map, and as you can see the Sith control Coruscant and much/all of the core. Zeltros remains untouched, for the moment (it used to be a Republic world, but the Sith have pretty much backed them into a corner), but the Sith can dominion the planet at any time, as can any other Major faction that is close enough/posts enough. You can join any faction you'd like at any given time.

http://starwarsrp.net/page/articles.html/_/role-play-rules/character-creation-r12
CHARACTER CREATION RULES

NAMING YOUR CHARACTER
  • Your character's account must be named properly. i.e "Emberli Garrett", "BV-119", "Omni"
  • Canon Star Wars Characters are not allowed.
YOUR AVATAR
  • You must choose an avatar for your character before beginning to role-play.
  • We do not limit avatar selection here at SWRP: Chaos.
YOUR SIGNATURE
  • You may only have 5 total images inherently visible in your signature.*
    *Hide the rest in a spoiler.
CREATING YOUR CHARACTER
  • If your character's species is a hybrid of 3 or more species, you must first submit this new "hybrid species" to the Species Creation Codex.
  • Your character is not God, he is not immortal and he is not invincible.
  • Non-Force User characters may not start with the ability to wield a lightsaber.
  • Your character profile sheet does not require approval.
YOUR CHARACTER'S ITEMS
  • Please list all items your character owns that you create in the Factory in your character profile sheet.
TRANSFERRING YOUR CHARACTER
  • Please list all role-plays at your previous board that are relevant.
  • Please list what roleplay board you're transferring from.
  • Please request your transfer in the Rank Title | Sub-Account Name Change thread.

[member="Braith Achlys"]
That was so helpful, thank you for the kind words! I have a few questions. As for factions I would like to integrate a faction into Niylas story, obviously I doubt I can create a major faction but is there a way this could work on a smaller scale?

And I see others who have really cool gifs and other ranks under their posts. How can I get my threads looking pretty?

Thank you again for helping me!

Niyla Ar'i said:
As for factions I would like to integrate a faction into Niylas story, obviously I doubt I can create a major faction but is there a way this could work on a smaller scale?
Minor factions are a thing - just create a faction, fix it up so it works for you (you'll need to edit the faction settings and board and stuff, may take some getting used to), or you can just create a group without actually creating the physical faction if that is easier for you.

[member="Niyla Ar'i"]

Firstly a warm welcome to CHAOS.

Secondly, we were ALL new once, so keep the questions flowing. And just have fun. Lots of it.

:)
tumblr_m3tp8t2rpZ1r9sdxe.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom