Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[member="Asmus Janes"]

“Is that right?” While it didn’t appear to be beyond just casual conversation, there was a slight twinkle to Vo’s large dark eyes. As if he knew something. Which he did.

“You must have rescheduled it from fourteen hundred then. Lieutenant Commander Chad had informed me last night that had been the time you had scheduled it for. Must be eager to go over those files so early in the morning.”

Yup, the agreement back when they’d been playing cards had been at Fourteen-hundred. Asmus would realize that it had been due to his distraction that it slipped his mind, but being caught by the Intelligence Officer made for an interesting little conversation.

Then again, the Sullustan had always been very observant… and very informed. He excelled in his job after all.

[member="Kaileann Vera"]

"Oh, yes," Asmus replied. He sighed emphatically. "Sorry Kaile, he's right it's was two not ten. I didn't reschedule just muddled it up."

"Of course," Vo replied.

"Of course he's down in maintenance this morning," Asmus added.

"Yes going over his ship with Petty Officer Cheville I believe."

Asmus took a moment before replying. Was the sullustan deliberately stirring the pot? Asmus narrowed his eyes to suggest to the man he suggested as much.

[member="Asmus Janes"]

To which Lieutenant Vo gave him the most innocent of expressions, as if he were only attempted to aid in the confusion. He was, of course, an Intelligence officer who had the best interests at heart for the crew of the Subversion.

Kaileann knew better. The Lorrdian narrowed her eyes, giving Vo a pointed look. She could read him like the back of her hand. They'd been working together for a few years now, and the Intelligence community in SIS was very small.

"I imagine that would be the best place to contact the Lieutenant Commander of the change of plans." he took a step into the lift, making a perfect about face as he stood dead center facing them.

[member="Kaileann Vera"]

"Catch you later Vo," Asmus waved off. Unlike the intelligence officer he couldn't keep the amusement from his face.

"Cheeky bugger," he whispered to Kaile as the door closed with a shake of his head.

The deck B briefing room was empty. Most used the larger less secure one on deck C. As the door slid shut behind them he went to get a datapad.

"You know," he decided to admit before they started. "I quite like the fact you were concerned for something that nearly happened to me."

[member="Asmus Janes"]

Kaile flicked her gaze up at the Wraith Commander from under that straight slash of bangs. A nervous tick revealed itself when she brought her hand up to tuck that same rebellious strand behind her ear once more. If he only knew how often she'd monitored him and kept up to date with his progress. That she'd completely missed such an important event had understandably stunned and scared her. Had she missed anything else? He's said that it had been his only time he'd been shot down, but still.

A bite of her lip and she lowered her gaze again, pulling out the red-data disk that had been heavily encrypted.

"I reckon once your uncle heard of it, he'd be concerned as well." again, trying to divert the attention from herself onto others. Answering any other way would prompt questions. Questions that Kaile did not want to end up lying about or explaining further.

[member="Kaileann Vera"]

"Ah he wasn't too bad. Jarrick gave me a great big man hug. I think he's quietly very proud that I ended up serving. Now my mother however...yeah."

She'd actually nearly killed him trying to get him back from Kairon. Whilst she was very, very proud of her son now she still wasn't comfortable with his military career.

"All wealthy Eriadu merchants know I'm still serving in some capacity. First ball they had someone tried to make a point about the fact that I'd been discharged and she tapped her nose and walked away with a coy smile." Asmus rolled his eyes as he brought the projector online. "Not the best, but the Alliance still had deniability if I get captured."

A thought struck him. He'd been rambling on about family and people who cared for him. How many people were worried sick for Kaile. She'd made it all too clear she was almost alone back on the Quin. But had that been true? Yes, it had felt real. She didn't seem to lie to him much, just diverted a lot. He'd started to learn to just skirt about for the time being.

He swallowed, watching Kaile work for a moment. Alright, time for work, he told himself.

The projector span up but it would take a few seconds to load the data given the encryption.

"You know...Regarding tanning. I kind of... have a holiday home on Eriadu. Right close to an almost private beach..."

It wasn't even the talk about his family that made Kaile uncomfortable. It was the reminder that he was from a different world when it came to riches. A holiday home? A private beach? So she kept her eyes downcast. Thankfully the encryption cleared up soon enough.

"I see." She replied, before turning her gaze back up to meet his.

"Will we be summoning lieutenant commander Chad?" She inquired, reminding him about the briefing.

[member="Kaileann Vera"]

"Just thought..." You could use it when you were off. He hadn't even been angling towards taking leave together, even if the thought had crossed his mind.

His expression changed as the projection came up. "Not yet, he's free this afternoon. I'd like a closer look at the town again. I've done runs where we've had to go to ground for a few days before. I'd like to work out some places we could stay and other potential routes in and out."

His carefree attitude did not extend to his work, beyond the occasional stunt that pushed his ships to the limit. Planning was a cold, meticulous and analytical job. Like hyperspace calculations.

[member="Asmus Janes"]

"Alright." Kaile sat down and Asmus followed to her right. With the hologram array on, they both dove into the different options and back up plans that they could utilize if things had to change at a moment's notice. That was how SIS engagements went. Over half a dozen plans only to have to change it at the last minute and go by the seat of your pants.

Some things would follow the plan while another eighty percent not so much. Her eyes kept drifting over to Asmus, catching sight of his profile as he spoke. Watching the flash of a dimple appear here and there only to disappear when his brows drew forward in deep thought. He was more focused she decided. He was able to sit down and go over plans with a methodical grace that was rather attractive. Kaile figured it was because this was actually giving the Wraith a challange than he had before. At least considering the occupation his parents had once attempted him to fill. An accountant was vastly different from a Squadron Commander.

It was the tiny glances that she allowed herself to spare along the briefing. All she could do. At least that's what she told herself.

Just this. Just one more day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom