Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Grand Theft Crawler

ArtOfSWGE_104_Bottom_copy-1.jpg

Vizjaw sat at the bar of a cantina, one located within Twisted Sand's mobile base. The crime boss had hired a vary famous jizz band, The Dusty Jawas, to play for his crew. The room was filled with various alcohols, and many dancing jawa thugs, as the band's signature song 'Utinni' played throughout the room. These were the festivities going on, but there was business to be done behind the scenes...

The jawa crime boss had sent out a message looking for bounty hunters and mercenaries for a big job. One he had arranged only a week ago. He had contacted the Conglomerate of Owls, looking to purchase a M33 Starcrawler for himself, but the organization charged a steep price. It would be far cheaper to simply steal the vessel from them...

A meeting was arranged at the spaceport of Anchorhead. Sales reps from the conglomerate were to meet Vizjaw, and discuss a price for the vessel. This would be a price he had no intention of paying. The job was a heist, plain and simple. They were to take down the sales reps, and any security forces they may be arriving with, though the jawa would inform them of these plans in person. Paying bounty hunters was far cheaper than paying for ships after all.

<"Oh ho ho... This song is very good."> The boss would chuckle as he waited for the 'hired hands' to arrive. The others seemed to be enjoying the festivities as well, but nothing would brighten the jawa's day more than getting his hands on a proper ship.... Once they did that, they could finally take their operation off world. Recruit other jawas to their cause. Become a force to be reckoned with. Oh the plans he had for the galaxy...

SC-ID "Cairo" SC-ID "Cairo"

Twisted Sands Mobile Base

Tags: Vizjaw Tanakt Vizjaw Tanakt

The droid walked into the bar, hardly glancing at his surroundings. He was here for one sole purpose, a job. Unlike his usual dealings with the Black Sun and the Hutt Space Consortium, he was doing a job for a rising crime lord. He didn't know the specifics of the job, but he didn't need to. He could get it done either way.

For the meeting, Cairo had donned the disguise of a simple man, with sandy coloured hair, an oval face, and a light skin tone. He didn't like to appear as a droid in public, so he chose a random disguise. Not only did it give him an advantage if he was crossed, but also incase of any prejudice towards droids. He didn't think much of it though, it was simple for efficiency.

He spotted the Jawa sitting at a table, a short and curious fellow, he didn't know what to make of him. But of course, his job wasn't to think, it was to do.
<"Indeed it is"> He waited for the Jawa to turn his attention to him as he sat down. One of the perks of being a droid was the wide variety of information he could store, like languages. <"I'm here for the job.">
His old robotic voice was now replaced with that of an average man.

Last edited:

<"Utinni! Who do we have here?"> Vizjaw would announce, as he hopped down from the barstool he sat upon. The man before him looked to be a proper bounty hunter, one what had come for the job request. The jawa crime boss had already been waiting for some time, and figured this hunter must have been the only one to answer his call. It was unfortunate, but not unmanageable. If Viz worked together with this man, then they had a pretty good chance of actually hijacking the ship. Of course, he would need to relay this information to the hunter.

<"It's good to see my call for skilled fighters was answered. Seeing as you're the only one here, the two of us will take on this mission alone..."> The jawa would begin walking across the cantina area toward an open metal hallway, and would beckon for the disguised droid to follow him. <"Here are the details... A business group called the Conglomerate of Owls, are trying to sell me a Starcrawler. Of course, I have no intentions of paying these people for the ship. In their eyes I'm just a dirty jawa after all."> The anger in Viz's eyes would be palpable for a moment, but he would quickly gain his composure again. <"I know very little about this organization, but I expect them to bring security. That's where you come in. I pay you five thousand for the job, and five hundred for each you manage to gun down. Far cheaper for me, still big payday for you, no?">

By the time their conversation was over, the pair would already find themselves at the exit door of the super sandcrawler. The massive vehicle had already been traveling toward Anchorhead, and would finally arrive a kilometer outside the city limits.

He stood by as the Jawa eyed him from head to tow, from his expressions, his guise hadn't been discovered, which was good. Though it would make business down the road more complicated. <"I'm all your going to need."> As he responded to the comment, he listened to the details of the job. It seemed simple enough, dealing with security would cause complications, especially if he wanted this to go quietly, but there was only so much he could do.

The pricing was a bit on the cheap end from his usual line of work, but it was a simple job, so what could he say. The job in itself was an average job, a selfish crime lord not looking to spend any money, but he was the one getting payed, so he wouldn't argue.
<"You want this done quietly I'm guessing?">

Cairo unholstered his 2 holsters, leaving the rest of his weapons where they were, and spun them around, <"As long as I get payed in the end of the day, you can count on me.">

Last edited:

The jawa was pleased to here the man mention he was all they needed for the job. A confident hunter was usually a deadly hunter in Vizjaw's experience. As main entrance of the massive sandcrawler would open, the town would become fully visible. It was a somewhat quiet day for the city, as it's streets were usually bustling with people. The spaceport was located in the middle of town, and it was the agreed upon meeting place. Arriving on foot wouldn't be a difficult task.

His new hire would bring up an excellent point, the job should probably be done quietly. The last thing they needed to do was rile up any city watch, or worse, enclave members. <"Uh, yes, quiet... I can provide a distraction, if you can take them silently. I do not wish for the town guard or mandalorians to discover our presence here."> He would begin walking down a metal ramp, and toward the direction of the city through the sand. From a distance, locals would probably think he was just some jawa scrap merchant. He hoped so at least.

<"Try and keep up hunter... Walk and talk."> the jawa criminal would jest. <"I never actually got your name earlier. How did you hear about my job request?">

He listened intently as the Jawa made his intentions clear, walking out of the sandcrawler, he began to think up a plan. City watch wouldn't be a problem, as he could dispatch them easily, but Mandolorians... yes, better leave them be. As his thoughts began to formulate a plan, he glanced around the city. There weren't as many civilians as would be expected on a day like this, but still enough to cause a scene if anything broke out of the space port. Better leave the fight within the area, or else they may face a challenge.

Cairo was pleased to find his calculations displayed a high percent chance of success, though there were many unknown variables, he would have to make it up on the way. <"A distraction would be good, it all depends on how much security they bring. Best we split up just outside of the spaceport."> At least that way it would give him more time to analyse possible plans of action.

<"My name is of no importance, and to the latter question, it's simple. Connections. You don't get in my line of work without building connections, and I've built a lot of em. That's the job though, you don't ask questions, you just get the job done. If you do it right, you gain yourself an ally, do it wrong, and you have a bounty on your head. Now whats a Jawa on Tatooine doing stealing a starship?"> He wasn't actually curious, but humans were offaly talkative, and so he had to play the part. [
/div]

The bounty hunter seemed to be in agreement with the jawa's tactics, keeping people busy so the hunter could work was a solid plan. Of course, splitting up outside the spaceport was a solid idea. <"Yes. I can enter from the front, and start talking about prices. You can sneak in from behind and start shooting!"> It was a simple idea, but quite effective if executed correctly. Of course, they needed to reach the spaceport first.

As they walked, the hunter would refuse to mention his name, that was a pity, but Viz could respect the professionalism. Apparently, many people had heard about the bounty before it reached the ears of this man. Perhaps his small organization was starting to get some serious recognition. As expected, the man would the return his question, asking why a jawa would want a starship. <"Plenty of people want starships, though I admit we do have plans for it. Once we have a ship, we can take our operations off world, and across the outer rim. For many years, the jawa people have been degraded and mocked! But I say no more. We will show the galaxy that we are a people to be feared and respected!">

The pair would make their way through the sands, eventually reaching the outskirts of town. Even though it wasn't the busiest street in the galaxy, there were clearly people around. However, mandalorian marshals were yet to be seen. They would be real trouble if they actually showed up. Regardless, the walk had been uneventful before they finally reached the front of the spaceport. <"This looks to be the place...">

The droid listened as the little Jawa agreed with him, he certainly wasn't like any criminal he'd met. Unlike many, he wasn't a burden to work with, which was a nice change in pace. <"Shots are too loud, don't worry about how I deal with em, just know I will."> As they continued walking, he made note of the amount of civilians nearby, buildings, and surroundings in general. It would be easy to take care of the security, but again, if Mandolorians caught wind, that would cause more problems.

As he listened to the Jawa, he was again surprised at his lack of discretion, he'd worked for the Black Sun for years, and not even they would have been this open towards him. He surely was new to the business. <"Fair enough, though I must ask, how do you plan on growing your operations? You need connections for that. Connections only certain people can get, for the right price. Just keep that in mind."> With a wink he continued walking. The Jawa's could be a useful asset in the future, to both the Black Sun and the Hutt Space Consortium. Especially if they had expanded operations.

As they approached the space port, passing the outskirts of the town, the pair stopped as Cairo opened his mouth to speak. <"Seems it is, do your part, and I'll do mine. Here's a comm link, contact me when you want me to begin."> He handed the Jawa a comm link as he aimed his arm at a building by the space port, and let it pull him. Jetpacks would cause too much noise, so he had to take the longer route. As he reached the building, he began making his way to an opening in the space port.[
/div]

This bounty hunter seemed to be full of surprises, as he claimed blasters would be too loud for this job. With a statment like that, Vizjaw knew he would be getting a show soon. It seemed they had also managed to come to a consensus on the plan. Viz would do the talking why the bounty hunter did the hard work. He would quickly accept the commlink before walking through the front blast doors of the spaceport.

Inside, two very well dressed humans were waiting for him. Behind the pair of salesmen was the huge starcrawler, and around four armed guards stood watch close to the vessel itself. As they spotted the jawa walking in, a tall blonde man would make his way over to the crime boss with an exadurated smile. "Vizjaw right!? You were the man we were sent to sell to?" The jawa would give him a nod, before eyeing the guards near the ship.

<"Yes. It is good to see the conglomerate came to me... With a decent security detail at that."> The criminal would jest. The other salesman would then walk over, explaining "I'm afraid our guards are company policy, but I assure you. We have the utmost faith in you." Vizjaw would give a nod. <"Fair enough I suppose... Now... Let's talk pricing.">

The pair of salesmen would immediately begin bombarding the jawa with offers, "How about seventy thousand and a year warranty?" <"Seventy thousand? Outrageous! I would do no more than fifty!">

Spaceport

The droid waited for his partner in crime to enter the space port, then he made his move. Quickly, without anyone noticing, he activated his cloaking mechanism, and the droid known as Cairo disappeared from sight. Quickly, without a moments hesitation, he aimed his arm once again, this time at the top of the spaceport, and swung towards it at a rapid pace. As he reached the top of the space port, he jumped down onto the top of the giant starcrawler. From there, he jumped off, launched a cable at the roof and using it to slowly but surely move down onto the ground floor.

Moments from hitting the ground, he stopped the winch, hoping no one would notice the cable. His hand edged towards his concealed blade as he activated the vajra launcher on one hand, the 4 slots popped up from what would normally be his robotic fist, and took aim. Ready to launch at a moments notice. He also took note of any surrounding people, though it seems only the four guards and the salesmen were there.

The bounty hunter continued to take note of his surroundings as the arguing faded into the background, replaced by his calculations. What would be the easiest way to dispatch the guards? The best plan was to kill the four security guards, then the salesmen, but would the salesmen react quick enough to shout? It was stuff like this which made his job interesting, especially with the advanced droid mind, there were almost endless possibilities for how a scenario could end.

Fixated on his plan of attack, he adjusted his right arm so that his shots would hit their mark hopefully without too much of a sound. Still hanging onto the cable with his left hand, he wrapped it around his legs so he wouldn't fall, and put his now free left hand on his blades sheath. This was a risky manoeuvre, and he couldn't hold it for long. His droid body was strong, but it wasn't built to be as flexible as a regular humans. It would be worth it though, and he would get his payment, thats what mattered.

In an effort to keep up a continuous distraction, Viz would continue negotiations with the pair of salesmen. "Look, Vizjawa, was it? Our company has policies about how much we can sell these things for. Seventy thousand is a steal for a vehicle of this size, it's larger than most freighters." In response, the jawa crime boss would shake his head, attempting to insist <"That ship is cheaply made, and poorly put together! It'll take my clan a lot of work to clean that thing up. I can offer sixty thousand, that is a more fair deal, yes?">

The more veteran of the two salesmen would simply facepalm and give a sigh at the whole ordeal. Meanwhile, Viz would keep his fingers crossed that the bounty hunter would be clearing out the security forces. "Look, if you can't do the seventy thousand, then we can't do the sale... We'll be going viz." The pair of salespeople would turn toward the starcrawler, and possibly get a glimpse of the bounty hunter hiding in plain sight.

Before they could react though, Viz would raise his left arm towards the back of the two men. His own vajar would come to life and fire a scatter shot off towards their backs. The launcher wasn't incredibly loud, and that would be to their benefit.

Spaceport

Cairo was just about to launch the projectiles from his vajar launcher, when the tiny Jawa fired his own. <"What happened to 'distraction.'"> he muttered. The small Jawa's attack simply shortened his own window of action, which in a bounty hunters line of work, could mean the difference between success and failure. Without hesitation he launched all four of his projectiles, all of them zooming through the air and hit their mark, sparks going through the guards bodies.

He dropped from his cable and approached the bodies littering the floor. Displeased to find one of the salesmen still alive, he quickly, without a moments notice, thrust his blade into the body of the salesmen, as he went limp. Remembering he was cloaked, the droid deactivated his cloaking mechanism, and suddenly became visible, as if appearing out of thin air. Still annoyed at the spontaneity of the Jawa's actions, he approached him. <"Well, theres your ship, I trust you know how to fly?"> It would be quite frustrating to have gone all this way, only for the Jawa to not know how to fly.

Cairo trusted he had a plan for it though, and so he turned to look at the ship. Scanning it and sorting through all of the data on it, he had to admit, it would probably fit the Jawa's intentions. If not, hopefully he would make some sort of profit. He didn't much care though, all that mattered was he got paid, and went on his way.[
/div]

It was a surprise to see things go so smoothly, but it was a welcome one. The four guards would be simultaneously struck by vajar launchers, just as they were preparing for a fight. Everything had gone to plan, and the ship was free to grab. Before the crime boss, the bounty hunter's cloaking device would deactivate. The man from before would seemed slightly off-put with the jawa's tactics, but the mission was still a success.

Of course there was the matter of flying. <"It's not often that we jawas get our hands on starships, but I have experience with them, yes. I was once a bounty hunter myself after all."> Speaking of which, there was now the matter of payment to settle. The hunter had killed four guards, and finished one of the salesmen. That would result in five thousand credits, with an additional twenty-five hundred bonus. Viz would hold up a datapad toward Cario explaining, <"As per our agreement, seven thousand five hundred credits... Also, you can have that one there. I don't think they'll be needing it anymore.">

Viz would point out a shuttle that the salesmen and some of their guards had arrived in. Of course, in the event that the jawa actually bought the freighter, they would have needed a way back home. <"I'm sure a ship like that could fetch you far more than seven thousand, consider it a bonus for your efficiency... And perhaps consider taking more work from my people in the future. We have big plans for Tatooine. Things that won't materialize overnight.">

Spaceport

Cairo was pleased to hear the Jawa could fly, and slightly curious at what a Jawa bounty hunter would be like. Certainly not very threatening, though quite interesting if ever face to face with one. He was especially pleased to hear of the payment, quite high for such an easy job. Though he had to admit, he was a bit surprised the Jawa was willing to let him take the shuttle, even if not for his own use, it was still worth quite a bit, easily making the whole job worth it. He was unsure if he would sell it, or possibly use it in a future job, only the future would tell.

<"Pleasure doing business with you, safe travels. If you are ever in need of my skill sets, as long as you can keep my pockets full, I'll be happy to work."> With a respectful nod, he made his way towards his brand new shuttle. All in all, the job was a steal. Either the Jawa didn't know how to negotiate payment, or he had big plans. Possibly both, he would never know.

He entered the cockpit of the shuttle, and as he took off, he took one more look at the stout Jawa. Then he was off, back to his ship to count his credits, and on the look out for another job.

(Finishing Post)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom