Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Good Soldiers Follow Orders

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

aSITfd.jpg

Equipment: Jedi Robes Jax's Lightsaber
Jax approached the section for the Jedi Sentinels quickly adjusting his belt, he left Aveline Cuiléin Aveline Cuiléin back Kayshykk so she can recover and celebrate life day with her friends. Neither of them didn't wanted to talk much about Korriban only that the two of them would grow stronger from it. However Jax was worried that Aveline wanted to get stronger for more selfish reasons and those can easily manifest into the into the dark side. Jax himself realized that the force was stronger in him than he thought and that he closed himself from the force's will. He needed to go back to that planet and relearn the ways the Living Force, to calm his mind and let the midichlorians speak to him, once Life Day is over Jax will pick Aveline up and he'll teach her everything about the Living Force.​
For now though Jax needed to investigate something about the missions that were carried out during the battle of Korriban. Jax and Aveline retrieved the Sith Holocrons in which he dropped them off as soon as he arrived at the temple however it turned out that the Galactic Alliance were here for more sinister intent. While he carried Aveline out of the Sith Academy, Jax witnessed Shocktroopers massacring children even those who were fleeing the battle. Jax hated the Sith but to kill defenseless kids? It didn't matter that if they were part of the Darkside or not, they didn't deserve to die. It wasn't right when Operation Knightfall happened and it wasn't right now. Jax knew very well that a battle is a wound in the force and that there were no true winners, yet there is a difference between a soldier and an animal. Someone gave that order for a purge and Jax needed to know who did it and why?​
Jax didn't have access to command nor did he intend on asking permission. He wanted a lowkey investigation, one that allowed for discretion. It would be easier if this mission wasn't on the Jedi Archives that way it wouldn't raise suspicion. If there was one pathway of a Jedi Knight that values secrecy was the Sentinels. Jax almost became Sentinel back when he was first knighted but found that the Guardians better suited his needs for Lightsaber combat. Still, he often took on missions that Sentinels usually did hopefully one of them can help him.​

Tags: Jax Thio Jax Thio

Ripley sat at the small desk, flipping to the next page on the datapad. She had been going back and forth through the information all day, yet something wasn't adding up. For hours she had poured over it, barely distracted by the quiet conversations of her fellows, but it had brought the zeltron to her wit's end. Frustrated, she tossed the pad down and put her face in her hands. It was unlike her to be so angry, as well as so tangled in her work, but she hadn't been sleeping well since her return from the Sith homeworld. Her dreams were haunted by ghastly figures, her waking moments by memories.

His presence alerted her before her eyes raised from her palms to find him. She hadn't met him before, but she raised an eyebrow and offered a smile nonetheless. His robes were vastly different from her own casual attire, black trousers paired with a leather jacket and combat boots. One of the things she appreciated most about NJO was their lax dress code. As the man drew closer, she rose to greet him formally. He looked like a man on a mission, and any distraction was welcome at this point.

"Hey there! Knight Kuhn, at your service. Haven't seen you around here before, anything I can help with?"

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

aSITfd.jpg

Equipment: Jax Robes, Jax's Lightsaber
Throughout his years as a Jedi Knight, Jax has been called a Knight with a Sentinel mentality due to his average force ability. Instead of using the force to solve issues, Jax would search for more pragmatic situations like slicing in terminals or controlling Droids, in Lightsaber combat while Jax is a talented swordsman, he wasn't afraid to use underhanded tactics like a poke to the eye or a kick to the groin to gain an advantage. You want to look pretty or you want to win? It was Jax's way of settling a conflict quickly, a combat aestheticist could be beaten by a cantina brawler because he knew how to end a fight quickly rather than appearing graceful and elegant. When one's life is on the line, the last they want to be is to look fancy.​
Jax approached the young woman greeted him, he had to admit she looked attractive then again she is Zeltron a species who are noted for their alluring presence. She had long blue hair and blue eyes, Jax could sense that she can trust her but he wasn't entirely sure. "Greetings Knight Kuhn," he responded with a short bow. "My name is Jax Thio: Jedi Knight and I'm looking for someone from the Sentinels to help me conduct an investigation."​
He leaned closer Kuhn. "An investigation that is not to be on record." He whispered.​

She nodded, before grabbing her datapad and striding away from the desk. After a glance to make sure he was following, she led him down a corridor and into an empty conference room, shutting the door behind them. She took a seat at the table, placing the datapad down before her.

"If we're off the record, call me Ripley."

All sense of cheerfulness had disappeared from her face. She could sense his anxiety, the delicateness of whatever this was about.

"Let me state that while my allegiance lies with the Order, I understand not all matters are easily understood by our peers. I'm sure some would... frown upon some of my work, but I do what needs to be done, for the good of the people first. The bureaucracy always comes second. I have done work with the SIA and other groups that shall not be named, so secrecy isn't much of a problem, especially when warranted."

She thought on all the darkwire missions she had taken under the table- from petty theft to corporate espionage, there was always a reason for her to do so. However, she understood where Jax was coming from, as many of her escapades had gone undocumented; the zeltron even going as far as to scrub flight log records to cover her trail. After a moment of consideration, she spoke again.

"So tell me now, what can I help you with?"

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

aSITfd.jpg

Equipment: Jedi Robes, Jax's Lightsaber
It was pretty lucky of Jax to find a person who was willing to keep this secret, any other Jedi would've ratted him out to the council giving them the excuse to expel Jax from the order. He wondered if it was the will of the force that bought him to Ripley? Nah it was probably just dumb luck, Jax wasn't as cautious about this as he would've liked. Jax followed Ripley to a secluded location in the Headquarters, a dark conference room was ahead of them. It was quiet march, the headquarters seemed empty yet Ripley wasn't so sure about that. Were there Jedi spying on them? Perhaps, the Sentinels were the least understood branch of the NJO and they liked to keep it that way. They always said that the most efficient way to end a fight when negotiations fell through was to aim for the throat. Often times leading troops into battle was a waste of life and Jax couldn't disagree with that mentality.​
Jax sat down on a chair observing his surroundings before setting his gaze on Ripley. "I almost became a Sentinel," he told Ripley. "If there's one thing that the Sentinel has that the other branches don't is life experience. Too often we Jedi get too dethatched from civilians that we become out of touch with their affairs. I was thinking switching branches though I don't think it works that way."​
To think he was could be doing black ops missions and actually blending into civilian life. Kayla Luspark Kayla Luspark once told him that she thought of Jax as a man instead of a Jedi. While he enjoyed the perks and the reactions that came with being a Jedi, It did warm Jax's heart to see that Kayla was probably the only person who saw him as a person. He wanted to say that Aveline Cuiléin Aveline Cuiléin thought that as well, but the more Jax thought about it, the more he felt that Aveline saw Jax as a stepping stone in her journey to becoming a Knight.​
"You probably heard of our victory at Korriban," Jax whispered feeling his hands shake. The memory of Korriban still haunted him as well as his failure to Aveline Jax curled his hands into fists trying to dispel the memory out of his head. "I fought there as well but when I retreated from the planet..... I saw GA Shocktroopers at the academy killing children."​
Jax placed his hand over his mouth as memories resurfaced of him witnessing the slaughter. He didn't feel any malice nor hatred from the troopers after all they were just following orders. Yet Jax could feel the pain and the desperation from the Sith instructors as they tried to fend off the relentless attacks by the Shocktroopers. Jax could see the young woman trying to wake up her dying friend.....​
"The Chancellors decision to continue warring with the Sith Empire has been increasingly unpopular," Jax continued. "I'm pretty sure you've heard rumblings by citizens about making the conflict into a Jedi and Sith affair. We were supposed to go in, force the Sith to retreat and that's it. Yet I've seen acts of barbarism not seen since the bombardment of the Great Valley in the Great Sith War."​
War crimes happen all the time, yet it was rarely prosecuted due to time and effort. Yet for the Jedi to deliberately commit wonton act of cruelty? No it couldn't be the Jedi who ordered it. "I may not like the Sith," Jax said. "Scratch that I hate them but the murder of children at the hands of soldiers, I feel something is off. I need to know who gave the order to slaughter everyone in the Sith Academy, Shocktroopers are noted for their loyalty to the Alliance. So much that we can hardly sense what they're feeling during battle, it sounded like they didn't want a lot of Jedi to know. But I need your help Ripley, I need to know that unit and from there we can work up."​
Jax sighed. "Now you know why I have to keep this a secret," he said. "If this leaks, then the Chancellor could be implemented in a conspiracy to commit genocide. The Jedi will be facing irate citizens and senators and the chaos will be tremendous. We gotta find that person and bring them down before they do their next move."​

Last edited:

Her eyes fell to the table at the mention of Korriban. The planet appeared in her dreams most nights, the cold sands accompanied by quiet whispers of the darkness. His next words took her off guard. Brows furrowing, her gaze found him again. She could feel his pain as well and realized it was probably somehow worse than it sounded. The zeltron was all for the war against the sith, but to kill children...? It was out of the question.

"I.." She started, struggling to find words. The information had shocked her to the core, and she wasn't sure what to do with it- but obviously, something needed to be done. "I'm sorry, I'm just struggling to comprehend this. You're right- the Jedi wouldn't have ordered such a thing. So who did?"

Silence fell over the pair for a few moments as the cogs in her head began to turn. Looking into military records was an option, but she likely wouldn't find anything, especially without a unit number. However...

"I have... Some connections to the SIA. I'm willing to bet if anything is logged anywhere, it's in their database. But we'll likely need to do some investigative work to see who was involved. I hope you like disguises." She stated with a smile and wink.

Rising from the chair, she moved to the door once more.

"Let's go crash some military events."

_____________________________________________________________________________________

She tucked her azure tresses into the armor, before sliding the trooper helmet over her head. The sound of blasters echoed from the training chamber next door. The HUD of the visor lit up, showing Jax's life signs.

"Man, these things are stuffy. How does anyone breathe?"

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

aSITfd.jpg

Equipment: Jedi Robes Jax's Lightsaber
"If I had to guess," Jax got up and crossed his arms. "It's probably from one of the generals, the Shocktroopers are loyal to the Alliance not the Jedi. We can lead them into battle but at the end of the day they answer to the higher ups in the Alliance military."​
The Shocktroopers were the elite fighting force of the Alliance, they were handpicked by veterans and the most advanced droids in the galaxy. While Jax made some friends with the Shocktroopers, he knew where their loyalties lie. If they had the choice between the Jedi and the Alliance, the Shocktroopers would choose the Alliance 10 times out of 10. They were trained to be fanatically loyal to the point where they much rather kill themselves rather than betray the Galactic Alliance. However as loyal as the Shocktroopers were they would never stoop to this level of atrocity even if they were ordered to.​
"That's good," Jax said nodding while at the same time glancing around the room. It was still eerily quiet, was the Sentinel headquarters usually this empty? "I've disguised multiple times throughout the years," Jax chuckled blushing a bit at Ripley's smile and wink. Part of him did wonder how she was able to fit in a skin tight black attire, though he tried his best to dispel those thoughts they did have job to do after all.​
"Have you've heard of the Bushido Brown: The King of the Night?" The Jedi asked smirking. "I'm pretty sure you have some of his songs on your Holoprojector?"​
As Jax dressed into the Shocktrooper armor he began to follow Ripley. "Damn," he muttered. "I can't see shit through this helmet. How did you manage to gain access to a Shocktrooper event? They're usually private and have some of the strictest security in the galaxy."​

"Of course I have, I don't live under a rock!" Ripley exclaimed. "He's actually one of my favorites, the funk really gets me." She stated with a chuckle.

She shrugged at the question, considering what details to divulge.

"One of the many benefits of working with Intelligence- almost unlimited access to everything. I'll scrub the scanner logs later, make sure no one knows we're here."

She opened the door to the storage room, the training facility stretching out before them. Various groups of trooper were hard at work drilling, some with blasters, some on obstacle courses.

"We can start here if you want- or go exploring. The facility is pretty big, beyond what's right here. It's up to you."

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

aSITfd.jpg

A blush tinted Jax's dark skin, he was almost certain that Ripley could see the pink flare up on his cheeks. "Really now?" a smirk formed on his face when Ripley stated that she was a huge fan of Bushido Brown. "This Bushido Brown is a man who is oozing charm and persona. They say the ladies squeal in his presence and float towards him because he gave them a nod and a wink. Bushido Brown has the voice of an angel known to make people cheer frantically and his moves were slick and smooth putting out moves that's impossible for a human to do."​
The Jedi placed on his helmet. "Let's just say he and I know each real well," he said. "When we're done with this mission, I'll tell you a little something about him."​
Jax didn't want to tell Ripley that Bushido Brown was his undercover name. He uses the Bushido Brown persona to get closer to the criminal organizations around the Galaxy and he was very successful at it. To the public, Bushido Brown a famous singer throughout the galaxy whose songs went viral all over the Holonet. Jax was blessed with a good singing voice and he was part of the Youngling choir when he was a kid. Considering how many fangirls go nuts with one time they rushed the stage and peppered Jax with kisses. He really didn't want Ripley to do the same thing considering that they had an important job to do.​
"Well this facility," Jax said. "From what I know, Shocktroopers have to check in first. So we go in and explore the place but act like a disciplined soldier. Considering we're Jedi, that shouldn't tough to pull off."​

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom