Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Good Cooks

if they're watching anyways
1002508070-photo-u1_autoformatq60fitcropfmp_3.png

div-green.png

Alicio Organa Alicio Organa Kel Se'Taav Kel Se'Taav Sonya Provost Sonya Provost

As her staff left the meeting room, Auteme took a moment to sweep it over herself.

The Chancellor's suite in the Senate Annex was as lavishly furnished as any office in the galaxy. At the centre was a long Homogoni wood table, smooth-surfaced yet with rough edges, as though it had been cut vertically from the heart of the tree. The chairs were made of the same wood and arranged perfectly spaced around the table. She still took a moment to make sure that it was, in fact, perfect.

While her initial instinct had been to place art around the room from her guests's homeworlds, she suspected her company would not be interested in the more trivial things. From what she'd heard, the frills of Senate life had not lured Senator Provost far from her roots; already, Auteme's respect for her integrity surpassed her respect for a great many other Senators. Their meeting was long overdue.

Kel Se'Taav was someone whose support had been reliable to most of her policies, but hardly due to mere loyalty or personal connection. Bringing him here would give her a good chance to read him properly. And, ideally, forge a real alliance.

Alicio -- well, she trusted him to be consistent, if nothing else. Of the three of them, Auteme trusted Senator Organa's politics the most.

The room she'd picked was off from the main office, but still had the same breathtaking view of Coruscant's skyline, which was now coloured a rose-gold as Coruscant's star began to dip below the horizon. Meetings in the evening weren't the best -- making people work extra hours was not Auteme's favourite pastime -- but her personal schedule had to be as obfuscated as possible, both for political and security reasons. She met with a great many people; this particular group, however, would surely bring up gossip and speculation if too many people knew.

The door cracked open. "Chancellor."

"Mm. Come get set up, Perav. Send them in."

The Senators were ushered to the meeting room, where they found Auteme watching the sunset, and a young Zabrak woman set up with a datapad at one end of the table. At the sound of the door opening, Auteme turned slowly and gave them a welcoming smile.

"Evening. Please, have a seat."

CHANCELLOR'S SUITE, SENATE BUILDING
CORUSCANT

Senator Alicio Organa had a solid guess as to what this meeting was about.

The scheduled time was late, to keep as many eyes off of them as possible. The guests invited, Sonya, Senator Se'taav, and himself, were of a certain predilection towards politics. And there wasn't a corporatist in sight.

Combine all of that with the Chancellor's interest check at the Galactic Museum, and Alicio didn't need portents from the future to sense what was to be discussed behind closed doors tonight.

Dressed in his regular dark fineries, Alicio glided into the room, noting Auteme's far-off stare before she broke it, and the presence of a familiar Zabrak. "Hello, Chancellor," he responded, inclining his head to Auteme, before giving Perav a smile and bow as well. Alicio remembered when the Zabrak had helped him move into the senate offices. He was loathe to forget a face.

As his eye caught the horizon, Alicio stood transfixed for a moment, a passive observer of a rose-tinted world, the shadows of tall skyscrapers striping the land beneath. "I've never seen a Coruscanti sunset from this far up," he murmured, hiding his hands within his cloak. "It's... beautiful." A simple sentiment, sure, but a pure one.

Finding a seat at the table, the Alderaanian representative waited for the others to filter in, the very image of cool and collected.

- Sonya Provost Sonya Provost - Kel Se'Taav Kel Se'Taav - Auteme Auteme -

WfwluKn.png

GOOD COOKS

uE59LDt.png

Tags: Auteme Auteme ; Alicio Organa Alicio Organa ; Sonya Provost Sonya Provost
Soundtrack: The Presidium

div-orange.png

There was a sharp glint in the Chancellor’s eyes that made Kel smirk. He’d seen that look before, when he joined her and other commanders during the Imperial ambush on Ilum. It meant there was work to do, and he was humbled to have been invited to help.

Kel offered Auteme a respectful bow of the head, followed with a simple “Madame Chancellor.”

“It’s a pleasure, as always.”

He then turned his attention to Senator Organa, extending a firm hand for him to shake.

“Alicio, how are you this evening?” he asked in a husky voice.

A quick glance about the room confirmed his suspicions about the purpose of their meeting. Kel remained stoic as ever as he took a seat, but a great sense of duty was just beneath the surface.

Last edited:
Sonya was rarely intimidated by anything. But it would be a lie to claim there wasn't at least an inkling of anxiousness regarding this meeting; A clandestine assembly of like-minded senators at the behest of the Chancellor herself. The purpose was easily guessed, but she had never properly met Auteme until now. It would be the perfect opportunity to see what she was really all about. Though Sonya had become more settled into her position over time, Senate politics still left her feeling like a fish out of water when compared to her work in planetary government. But she had long believed in the merits of a baptism by fire. Perhaps this would be the start of something like that. A chance to show the rest of the Assembly what she was really all about.

Sonya entered the room last, to which she griped silently to herself, frozen in the doorway for a moment until she remembered to step forward, "Alicio," She greeted the most familiar of them first with a confident smile and nod, washing away any traces of awkwardness, "Senator Se'Taav. A pleasure," He was the newest face here to Sonya. All the more reason to forge those connections now. And of course the reason for their gathering, "Chancellor. I'm glad I could finally make your acquaintance," She dipped forward slightly, meandering across the room for a slow study of its scenery, before taking a seat as Auteme had offered.

Perav did a sort-of double take, somewhat surprised at even being noticed -- much less remembered -- but she mustered a smile for the Senator before going back to her datapad.

Auteme let the greetings be had and her guests be settled. Soon she drew breath to speak, before pausing a moment, and breaking the formal barriers between them a little. "I'm a Jedi, but, admittedly- even if I wasn't, I can sense you all know why you're here." She glanced at Alicio. "Honestly, I thought all that at the GM was too obvious.

"There's a part of me that wants to be as brazen as our previous Chancellor -- Tithe was so willing to break with political norms as to present bills himself from the Office of the Chancellor. And while, to an extent, I'm here to break the mold, it felt wrong to do the same, particularly without speaking to at least a few other Senators first. While perhaps it's alright to part with decorum, I suspect it would be a bad decision to depart with the legislative body entirely. So, here we are.

"The SILK Trade Route Act has been a disaster for the Alliance, in particular our newest, southernmost members. Corporate greed, even without incidents like what happened on Altier, is something worth fighting. But, in the same way it is not enough to oppose the Sith and Imperials -- oppose evil -- we must go further. We must do good.

"I've invited you here to help draft legislation to replace SILK and shape a new era of growing our Alliance. Expansion- in many ways, that word can be negative, but in my mind it is not a Galactic Alliance until the galaxy is united. We'll talk strategy and rhetoric later, but to begin, I'd like to hear your visions on what the future of the Alliance's growth looks like."

Alicio shook the Bothan's hand firmly, giving the man a warm smile. "I've been well. Thank you, Senator Se'Taav." It was the truth, for once. Wedding planning had been going rather smoothly, all considered, and they were about to make a difference together. Prove that the Senate can still do good.

If that wasn't cause for celebration, Alicio wasn't sure what was.

Seeing Sonya enter the room, the Count relaxed a little. He had just met the fiery Montitian not long ago, but their talk had been enlightening. Assuming she hadn't been playing him, of course. "Sonya," he returned, eyes sparkling with hidden knowledge.

Here was their litmus test.

As they all sat down, the Chancellor began to set the stage for their meeting. Auteme mentioned the events of the Museum, along which Alicio could only grin slightly and nod. Yes, it had been a bit obvious. And Alicio had been just as obvious in his support.

"We'll talk strategy and rhetoric later, but to begin, I'd like to hear your visions on what the future of the Alliance's growth looks like."

Never one to force out words when they weren't ready, Alicio stewed on his response for a few moments, before letting them loose. "I don't think I have any magnificent revelations on this front," the Count stated, humor coloring his tone. "Neutral systems join the Alliance because we promise to strengthen their economies, provide security, and offer a voice in galactic policy. As we've seen on numerous occasions with the SILK Act," Altier was by no means an isolated incident, "our current model promises those things, but often appears to have the opposite effect."

"I see a future where the Alliance can make good on our promises to our member-worlds. Perhaps that would inspire more planets to join, once they realize the Alliance keeps our word."
A simple take, yet again, but someone had to say it.

- Kel Se'Taav Kel Se'Taav - Sonya Provost Sonya Provost - Auteme Auteme -

WfwluKn.png

div-orange.png

"The SILK Trade Route Act has been a disaster for the Alliance, in particular our newest, southernmost members. Corporate greed, even without incidents like what happened on Altier, is something worth fighting. But, in the same way it is not enough to oppose the Sith and Imperials -- oppose evil -- we must go further. We must do good."

Kel nodded at nearly every word. Though he was given other matters to attend to on Altier, the strife that is brought by unchecked Corporatist power is one he was deeply familiar with. His thoughts then shifted from Altier to the even more obvious example of Denon. Kel cast his lot with a group of likeminded senators in an effort to investigate corruption within the CAD, though as with most attempts to poke about Corporatist schemes, the motion failed.

Senator Organa was the first to offer his vision of the Alliance's future, pulling the Bothan from his wayward train of thought.

"I see a future where the Alliance can make good on our promises to our member-worlds. Perhaps that would inspire more planets to join, once they realize the Alliance keeps our word."

"I agree with you, Alicio," Kel said astutely, nodding his head.

"Under... previous administrations," he went on, "the Alliance set quite a precedence for what we could offer worlds and systems under our banner."

"We draw in many allies with the promise of security, stability, and inclusion. We tell them they will have a voice in galactic politics. But all too often, the people we are supposed to support are hung out to dry."

Despite being one of the 'Jewels of the Core,' Kel's own Abregado-Rae had only recently begun to reflect the moniker; It was no secret that recent decades have seen the bustling trade world fall into a shadowy conflux of greed and power. It rendered Abregado a hotbed for crime, smuggling, and scandal.

And still, it remained one of the better-off worlds within the Alliance.

"As Alicio said, it's not only making promises of good faith to our member-worlds but keeping them. We must show the people that our Alliance is not merely a house of cards built upon wishful thinking and good intentions, but one that takes action to affirm our goals."

Last edited:
The Chancellor was quick to jump to business, which Sonya appreciated. They all knew why they were assembled, as Auteme proved not a moment later. Her words were refreshing to hear. After a silent study of Alicio and Se'Taav as they each spoke, the focused turned to Sonya. She blinked, "I'm not sure I could've said it better myself. My fellow senators have voiced opinions I too share. I would simply add we must be better about opposing the evils within our own borders. As you said, that alone it not enough, but with the way things are, I think neither aspiration is being executed to its fullest potential."

Sonya's gaze turned steely, "Corruption comes far too easily in a governing body such as this. It's a flaw we accept in a free system, but also one we must do better to purge. I would see more done to prevent the more blatant abuses of power and self-preservation that we have experienced as of late," Though not said aloud, she was clearly referring to events regarding planets such as Denon and Altier, "Senators should be servants of the people. Not gossiping oligarchs. Weed out the bad. Allow something good to grow in their place. Let them grow together, and the weeds will simply take over." Her words weren't accusatory; Sonya firmly believed everyone in this room agreed on the basic premise. But like them, she felt just saying it aloud was something that needed to be done.

Heartened as she was by the Senator’s good words, their successive thoughts made her realize she could’ve started off with a more direct question. Auteme understood the variations, but ultimately it seemed like the three of them were merely saying ‘we should do what we say we do and be what we say we are’. Of course, talk of turning the Alliance into a real democracy would unfortunately have to wait. She filed that away for later.

Now, it was time to dig in. Auteme’s expression was bright; even if momentarily disappointed, she was still happy to see level heads and strong hearts among her fellows, and had no doubt this was going to be a productive evening.

”Well said, each of you.

“I think reaffirming our promises to the galaxy — to our members and those soon to join — is a good place to start. I’ve said before that in these times our values are being tested. We should show enough resilience to be able to at least provide for the people and worlds in our Alliance. Provide security, stability, inclusion.

“However, I think we can go further than that. Those are old promises, even if we have recently been failing to properly meet them. So, let’s talk policy. What are the most important things we can offer new member worlds? How do we go about making sure they get those things? Be specific. You’ve come from diverse backgrounds, your worlds need different things; I want your perspectives, your histories.”

He was in a room of like minds.

It was a rarity for Alicio. There were times within the Senate Halls that the Alderaanian senator felt alone, in a sea of greed and self-interest. But he'd regained some faith in recent days. The fact that they could have this conversation at all proved his fears false. There was hope, for a more fair and just government.

He stared quietly at each senator as they spoke, smiling encouragingly as they referenced him, truly trying to absorb what they said. He was glad to have spoken true for the room; it would have been embarrassing if he'd been entirely off-base.

But Auteme's next question stole a bit of that attentiveness, as he quirked a lip to the side, folding his hands in his lap. "I'm... cautious of us getting ahead of ourselves. Fulfilling the promises posed to our member-worlds should be our top priority, in regards to welcoming more into the fold. But..."

He pondered the question for only a second. "I come from a humanitarian background, overseeing refugee cities. Constructing communities that are built, not just to last, but to expand, to be lived in, to be proud of, has been a top priority for me."

"Infrastructure. That's what I would offer."
He smiled. "If we're talking specifics, we could offer stimulus to planetary businesses, governmental contracts, send economic advisors..." Often, Alicio found himself at odds with other Populists over matters of governmental oversight, but one thing he staunchly agreed with was self-sustainment. Local businesses were important to the health of a planet's economy. Still, he smiled apologetically.

"But perhaps that's overstepping our role. I'm... not sure." He waited to hear what the others had to offer.

WfwluKn.png

div-orange.png

“I wouldn’t consider an offering of aid to those in need to be out of line for our station,” Kel said reassuringly, his eyes on the Alderaanian.

“We are, after all, an alliance. Seeing to it that our constituents are not only prospering, but that they have the means to do so in the first place, is precisely what the Alliance was founded to do.”

He cleared his throat somewhat apologetically, though he felt that his colleagues appreciated his views despite his directness.

Yes, infrastructure was paramount. Providing the people with the means to succeed, as Alicio said. But equally important were the pillars of justice and equality. Without these, even the most developed worlds would fall.

Abregado-Rae came to mind once again.

“Common law,” Kel posited after a moment of thought.

“Easily recognizable and universally applied legalistics that hold the lowest criminal to the same standards as the richest CEO,” the Bothan said with a dignified nod as he continued.

“When I first took office, I found that Abregado had everything it needed to be a shining beacon of prosperity. Everything but a fair legal framework that supported the common people.”

As he looked to his fellow senators and the Chancellor, his feline eyes were full of conviction.

Restructuring the legal system on Abregado-Rae was a process he started many years ago, one that remained a work in progress to this day.

It was an unprecedented, tumultuous task, but it was working.

Last edited:
Sonya nodded in agreement as Alicio spoke, but was otherwise silent. It was in their best interest to make sure they could uphold the promises that already existed before making more. But looking towards future possibilities was hardly a worthless endeavor, either. They could entertain the idea. She once again let the other two speak first, before it cycled back to her.

"…Montitia is poor. Anyone who says otherwise either isn't paying attention, or is trying too hard to be polite," She spoke plainly, "Our poverty rates are some of the worst in the Alliance. It's not exactly a good sign when a planet's most defining attribute is it's destitution." Sonya clasped her hands together, and chewed her lip in thought, before continuing.

"Corporatocracy has put a stranglehold on the majority population. What my colleagues have proposed would both greatly benefit my people and newcomers alike, if we could implement them effectively. To expand on that, I would say… Oversight." Her greatest enemy in the arena of governance had never been a secret. For her, it always came back to them, "We can promote these fairer systems, yes, but we need a body that can continue to enforce them after the fact. If you ask me, what we have now isn't working. I may have been elected senator, but for the corporations still operating on Montitia, it's merely forced them to find new ways of reestablishing the status quo. And without backup from higher powers, the rest of my people simply can't compete."

"A watchdog of sorts. Against overreach, corruption, whatever else tries to ruin us from the inside. World sovereignty is valued in the Alliance, rightfully so, but there's simply too much variance from planet to planet right now. Why should prospects join us if we can't offer consistent and reliable protections?"

As Alicio spoke, Auteme was reminded of her own background -- not merely as a Jedi but as an academic. In all three of the Senator's words she found the undertones of development; even well-intentioned, she wondered if the result would be entirely dissimilar to the work of corporations.

"One 'No', many 'Yes'es," she murmured. Infrastructure and oversight -- how much was too much? When would it become the crushing hand of development, or the overbearing surveillance? Was the Alliance set towards being a force for homogenization?

For all her worries, she still found herself excited. So rare were discussions like these in her life. Her interlocutors were nowhere near hostile, nor were they likely to take poorly to the necessary criticism that was required for good policy. And further than that, she was excited to reexamine herself.

"I do love accountability," she said. "But the corporatists are liable to fight hard against that sort of thing, in-Senate and without. We can be more... subtle, I think. The Chancellor has the power to adjust federal spending- to a certain extent- without Senate approval, and expanding the purview of our tax and corporate watchdogs would certainly have a positive effect. From there, it's just assuring our new- and old- members that they will be protected from corporate abuse."

Auteme finally settled into her seat at the head of the table, silently signalling she wouldn't be structuring the discourse anymore.

“I wouldn’t consider an offering of aid to those in need to be out of line for our station."

Alicio wasn't so sure.

There was a time when offering to control too much would be detrimental for all parties. Economic stimulus was well within what was expected of them, but attempting to overhaul an entire economic, legal, and governmental system would certainly have it's disadvantages, even if it was for the better on paper.

It was something to be mindful of, at the very least.

Infrastructure, common law, oversight. All things necessary for a successful Alliance, all things that when taken to excess, would make the government a tyrannical regime.

As Auteme sat down, signaling an end to her guiding hand in the conversation, Alicio ran a hand along his jawline thoughtfully. "I've never enjoyed... dancing around Corporatists." He smirked, amusing himself. "It feels too much like they chose the song." While he enjoyed the metaphor, it didn't explain what he meant. He elaborated, glancing Sonya's direction before he spoke.

"I realize that a more subtle approach is more likely to succeed. But that doesn't mean we can't still rock the boat, at the same time. How can we promise protection from corporate abuse if we can barely breach the topic in our own halls?"

"If we're able to push accountability in the Senate, maybe we can force concessions."
It was a basic rule of negotiation. Ask for more than you actually expect.

WfwluKn.png

div-orange.png

Na-girov, the Bothan muttered in his native tongue. Once again, the invisible shadow of the Corporatists loomed over them.

While he understood the poise and light-handedness required in such a diverse system as the Alliance Senate, there was nothing more nerving than playing to someone else’s tune. Especially when they did it with a smile on their face and a checkbook in their paws.

“Yes, Alicio, rocking the boat as you say is precisely what needs to be done,” Kel chimed in, his feline whiskers twitching in anticipation.

“The Corporatists are playing the game, but they don’t follow the rules. They cheat, they lie, and they steal, while the rest of us tip-toe around like fools.”

The Senator of Abregado turned his gaze to the Chancellor, half expecting to catch a rise as he chided their political adversaries. Instead, he noted her withdrawal from the discussion. Part of him was a bit deflated, having missed more than several opportunities to converse with her in these recent months. But a chance to speak freely to his like-minded colleagues was an equally sparse occurrence, so he capitalized on that instead.

”Have you a plan in mind, Alicio?” Kel asked eagerly, his attention refocused on the Alderaanian senator.

”Forcing the Corporatists to concede to anything that shallows their coffers is a difficult endeavor.“

He chuckled to himself as he envisioned any one of their party members accepting any manner responsibility, no matter how insignificant the outcome.

”How do you suggest we push accountability on such an… uncooperative group of individuals?”

Sonya was quite excited to hear her fellow Senators express a desire for more direct confrontation with their political opponents, though it was contained by a mere upward twitch of her lip. She never had any intent of being the sort who was too afraid of shoving the issue in their face, and it seemed others were growing tired of it as well, "Subtlety has its uses, Chancellor. No doubt about that. But I have to agree with my colleagues. We're in this position because both us and senators past have been too afraid to call it when we see it. Corporatists have gotten comfortable. They know the more well-meaning of our assembly either aren't able or willing to fight." And while everyone else fretted over decorum, the Corporatists snuck away unscathed by their own avarice.

"I would prefer a two-pronged approach," Do what they could through traditional channels. But if and when met with resistance, they needed to push back with equal intensity. Push it into the spotlight, if need be.

"I imagine the only thing they might listen to is cold hard evidence. Something they can't weasel their way out of," Another reason to bring corporate overreach into the public eye. The more attention on them, the harder it was to get away with it, "Easier said than done." Sonya admitted.

"Fair." Auteme shrugged. The thought that she was now the cautious one in the Senate gnawed at her slightly, but her career had been mostly holding back hotheads and covering for their mishaps. Still, they were right; no point in stepping carefully. Why should she be Chancellor if she was not to exercise that power?

She opened her mouth to speak, but paused a moment. "Okay- hold on. This feels weird. All of you- switch seats or something. I feel like we're going around the table all talking one at a time. You're all, like, fighters, stop giving each other so much respect. Cut in, I don't know." She waved a hand.

"Anyways. Obvious choice seems like Denon -- the CAD is being forced to be more blatant with its abuses as Denon's people become more active. We can hammer them rhetorically while pushing legislation that affects all the corpos. Of course, that does force us on a timeline, given we'll have a limited window while the movement is most active and most in the media, but- well, I think we can make people listen. Maybe the people of Denon will even succeed, and we'll have a testament to the success of our policies."

They all... agreed with him?

It was unprecedented, to have any group of politicians being completely supportive of a proposal of his. He'd half-expected someone to push their seat aside, berate him about profit margins and recklessness. Auteme was quick to point this out as well, which Alicio responded to with a quirked lip, and a barely-contained chuckle. "I'd be happy to deliver my next line with a bit more vitriol, if that would bring you comfort, Chancellor."

Senator Se'Taav asked him if he had a plan. Senator Provost mentioned they would need evidence. Chancellor Denko-Durren mentioned Denon. The conversation couldn't have been teed up more perfectly if they had tried.

But he was still hesitant to continue it. Was he ready? Was it safe, for the people of Denon, and for his family? Did that matter?

Finally, the Count produced a datapad, holding it as if it would explode. He considered it harshly, before handing it to Auteme first. "This contains video recordings, files, audio recordings, witness testimonies, evidence, of corporate wrongdoing on Denon." The list of infractions, while easily dismantled were they separated, would be impossible to ignore if produced all at once. "If we want a starting point, this is our smoking gun."

"I can't reveal my sources, but I was assured everything here was gathered legally."
He trusted Iris Arani Iris Arani completely, and without compromise. Her hard work was long due to be revealed. "It won't be enough to condemn the CAD outright, but hopefully, it's enough to start an investigation."

"And hopefully, not enough to set Denon aflame again."

WfwluKn.png

Location: Senate Offices, Coruscant | Soundtrack: The Presidium

div-orange.png

Kel smirked hungrily, his feline features all the more prominent as the gravity of Alicio's evidence was realized. He could sense a tonal shift in the conference room, like the eerie stillness before a battle begins.

He loved it.

His eyes tracked the datapad eagerly as Senator Organa passed it along to the Chancellor, part of him already aware of its contents. At least, some of them. Kel had a small network of contacts on Denon from his days in the Bothan government, eyes and ears in the ecumenopolis that fed into his cell's 'special interests'. Some of them left the trade over the years, but a few remained in advantageous positions that Kel still utilized as an Alliance senator.

They kept him in the loop when the Corpos grew particularly... charming.

The most recent social injustice committed by the Corporate Authority was a district-wide lockdown on Denon. From the information he received, CorpSec was pulling all the stops to route out a hacktivist cell and their associates. They'd even gone so far as to enlist the support of third-party groups and freelance mercenaries to get the job done.

If it weren't for his contact on the ground, news of Denon's plight would likely have never made it out of the sector. Kel wondered if he shared his source with Alicio, or if the Alderaanian had his own pair of eyes. Regardless, the fact still remained: Exposing the CAD was a strong spearhead.

"Denon's been aflame for quite some time now," Kel said knowingly. This wasn't the first time he'd tried to shine a light on the Corporatists there, after all. He recalled his work with Xasha Callisto Xasha Callisto and how he'd openly supported her call to investigate the CAD's crimes. But like most anti-Corpo agendas, it fell flat.

Kel looked to Sonya, then to the Chancellor. He had the fire of determination in his eyes.

"The fuse is right there," he said, nodding to the holopad.

"The only question remaining is-- are we prepared to light it?"

Uncharacteristically, Sonya sorted. She was often humorless in her political ventures, in part due to the nature of the work. As the Chancellor herself pointed out, there was something tragically funny about a congregation of senators not at each others's throats, and instead respectfully working together for a common good. But here they were, and with any luck, they could spearhead a change in that perception.

Not to say they didn't have their work cut out for them.

The first target was obvious: Denon. The planet was rife with controversy, as was the (nonexistent) Senate investigation. The thought of revisiting it brought a smirk to Sonya's lips, "The Senate's inaction regarding Denon has been nothing short of an embarrassment. If we can change that, we should," The circumstances of the previous hearing were by no means simple and clean, but the outcome showed a collective willingness to turn a blind eye. Blatant corruption in what was supposed to be a free and fair republic.

Alicio then revealed what he had hinted to her about during their late night chat some time ago. Logs of corporate abuse on Denon, obtained from an anonymous source, "Impressive…" Sonya muttered upon finally seeing it for herself. The others were just as eager. She saw the look in Senator Se'Taav's eyes, not too different from her own, "I've been fighting this battle my entire life. I've been holding the match since I was a child."

"So yes, let's light it."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom