Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Golden Sand and Warm Seas

Something wasn't right. Part of Khamesi was screaming at her for how she was acting. Letting her guard down, even if only for a moment. Letting herself be vulnerable in front of someone she had met literally this day. It wasn't right, and it was certainly out of character for a Sith Knight, a warrior who had honed their body and mind for years to reach their current state. She couldn't really hear that part of herself. For all of her trying, while she had successfully blocked out the worst of the pheromones' inside her, it still had some sway over her. Made her lower the guard, open herself up more than she otherwise would. She hesitated as she thought through her decision. That kind of contact, to commune directly with a spirit, was rare, but it also meant that the spirit, and perhaps it's host, could peer directly into Khamesi's soul. She didn't like that, she guarded her mind and soul carefully against outside intrusion. Even with the pheromones' making her more relaxed and open, she wasn't ready for such a step. Wasn't ready to bare her soul to a near total stranger.

"I...no, I'd much rather a walk."

She made the choice not to voice the why of refusing, but especially after being forced to relive her past, she just wasn't ready for such a thing. Not with a stranger anyway. Khamesi took a drink of her own water, not taking Neryn's. She didn't trust food or drink she hadn't made or collected herself. She often didn't have a choice, but right now, she had that choice.

"And no, I have my own."

Naivia Neryn Naivia Neryn

The art of dancing in the light
"Miss Independence."

The girl smiled sweetly and went to change into a stall from where she soon emerged in her usual lightweight uniform for the sunny weather. Neryn started to gather all her things and looking at Khamesi asked

"Well, shall we go? Or are you going to stay here for a while longer? "

After these words the girl accelerated the process of gathering her personal belongings after which she waited for her two-metre long acquaintance, no less curious than herself, to gather. Which could be seen in the reactions and answers she gave Naivia, who in return rejoiced that there was always something new to expect from intelligent beings. Still, she wondered how alien they were to each other. To her senses there was no sense of any gulf between their outlook on life and how to live it, so of course she wondered if there could be any talk of this space that separated her from the inner world of Khamesi Aivar Khamesi Aivar . She needed where to learn a lot in understanding others, and this was heading towards all the discoveries that life had in store for her.

Khamesi lingered for a minute, watching the sun set. A rare sight for her in days long passed, her colony had been built in an asteroid. Sunsets such as these had been rare for her even after she left. It was a rare day where she could just watch something, instead of being on constant guard. The moment passed quickly as she grabbed her bag and slung it over her shoulder. It didn't have much in it but a change of clothes, some loose credits to spend, and an old locket she never let anyone touch. Even her old master bore a scar or two because of trying to take it. He had learned quickly that Khamesi would allow no hands on it but her own, and kept it hidden from enterprising hands and eyes.

She stretched as she stood, and took a step towards Neryn.

"Let's go, I stay much longer I'm liable to dose off."

27115886806b7ff9ea52f09d2a5da156.jpg

Neryn quietly entered the room where it was a little colder, there were a couple of branching lines within it. Some of them led to higher floors and rooms, others to cafes and restaurants, and others to a local park on the roof of the skyscrapers.

"That's where we're going! Just don't get lost or I'll be flying in front of you again!"

Naivia said cheerfully and hitting the lift wait button took out a tangerine and peeled it and began to eat briefly and when the lift finally opened the girl went in first and waited for Khamesi Aivar Khamesi Aivar to follow her.

It wasn't exactly comfortable inside the lift, but Neryn endured it, looking now and then at the floor and the mighty body in front of her, it was hard to concentrate. Soon the lift took them to the top and the doors opened, revealing a view of a gorgeous lonely park, where the sun was already setting in the distance.

Khamesi stepped out into the park and took a deep breath. Scents basically unknown to her, or at least, rare for her. She was often in barren landscapes, or those twisted by dark powers. She enjoyed them in their won right, she had long ago embraced the dark for the power it brought to her. But...a change of pace every now and then wasn't bad. At the very least it was a sight she'd never seen before. She'd never seen Cathar, or any Cathar settlements for that matter. Just her little mining colony, and then wherever her work among the Sith and the training of her once and former Master took her.

"Not bad. Very different from endless metal of an asteroid colony."

"The best place to just take it easy. No one disturbs you, you don't disturb anyone, but rather nature is here in some peace...
It reminds me of my home ... Though we are from very different classes ... But I can only say with optimism that I like autumn as much as spring. At least
on Brentaal IV both seasons were very beautiful and artistic"

Neryn replied, looking around and surprised that there was hardly anyone around. Perhaps everyone had gone to get ready for the evening festivities or something similar?
There was no way to tell for sure, so the girl relaxed her mind and walked silently beside her, giving Khamesi Aivar Khamesi Aivar space and time for all her thoughts and feelings to pass unless she wants to countinue the talk

"Never really got to see much in the way of seasons. Asteroid colony stayed pretty climate controlled. Closest we got was 'hot season', which meant we had enough hands in the refinery to smelt a lot of the ore, so everything was hotter. Personally I didn't see much of it, made a good chunk of credits off them after their shift was over, everyone likes a warm meal after a long day."

Khamesi didn't give much details. Much of her previous life, her non-Sith life, she kept pretty close to the chest. Even her master had had to yank the memories out of her because she refused to tell him. Well the old geezer had met his end when the reactor of his ship failed. Khamesi took her chance and stole the only escape pod before he could get to it. She didn't know if he died from the power failing, or the ship plummeting into a planet, but one way or another, he was gone. Khamesi could have done anything, stayed independent as he had, instead she had sworn herself to the remnants of The Sith Empire. Their power was waning, for now, but she felt it gave her the best chance of gaining the retribution she craved.

"Kinda prefer it loud over quiet most of the time, don't really know why. It's not the people, just something about things being to quiet...it irks me."

In reality she knew exactly what it was that irked her, but she wasn't going to tell this girl that. As it was she was already being more talkative than she really should be.

"Silence aids those who live like stars. I have heard such an expression and frankly never understood its meaning. If it means a long and quiet life, then yes, no one minds. And if it is bright, hot, filled with action and service to this or that goal, then this, too, the star turns out "

Neryn replied as they passed near a waterfall. The water smelled of a special scent of the planet and she wanted to sleep a little, to sit down, to think about something, to write a poem, but in no case to masturbate. At the same time, the girl kept glancing at Khamesi so that she would not get lost, although the logic behind such busyness was unclear. The wind swayed the trees and the woman had to put her hands on her panama to keep it from blowing away.

"Probably the strangest thing I have ever seen in my life was a couple of Jedi who came to train my little sister, very often just sitting silently in a clearing and looking at each other . And it wasn't meditation, they were very quietly reciting either songs or prayers. In the end I understood that they were helping the whole population of the planet, keeping up the spirit of resistance. When I understood that, and I was 7 years old, I did not know where to go.. But eventually my father found out and, showing some tenderness, and he was usually a very cold and strict man, he let the Jedi go, saying that we find happiness with our own hands, not with with others"

After this Naivia tried to think of more stuff to tell but she felt like she needed to become quiet at least for few minutes.

Khamesi Aivar Khamesi Aivar

Khamesi was completely and totally confused by the latest anecdote from her strange companion. It showed on her face, it could be heard in her voice.

"I have zero clue what you just said and what you're on about."

Neryn was very, very strange. That was saying something, considering Khamesi was around Sith, who were often warped and twisted by their own magic into all manner of strange, unique beings. The story about the Jedi made no sense to Khamesi, in many ways it was naught but a confusing jumble to her. In the end she just moved passed it, shaking her head.

"Aaaaaanyway. I don't care much for philosophy or the such, I care about the tangible, and the here and now. Silence is insidious, in it's own way. It blankets and smothers in a very different way than being drowned out by a crowd does. It bothers me, but I deal with it when I need to. If I could not, I could hardly call myself a true Warrior, now could I?"

"Here and now? At the moment you are deep in enemy territory, on a planet known as a tourist spot, trying to rest and forget at least part of your normal life.
Next to you is an almost unfamiliar person with a force entity inside. And it's almost here and now. I don't mind you looking at life that way and I don't mind having your own perspective on everything. But right now you need to rest, not think about military honour."

The girl replied and smiled as she walked on until she found herself at the edge of the park, the old blackened railing, the only railing...and a stunning view...A distant star was leaning over the horizon, thousands of skyscrapers glittering in different colours,
and below could see the sea and smell the salty smell of the coast and the empty golden beach. The girl leaned on it and, with the help of force from a distance, poured the local clear sparkling water into two glasses. Soon the two glasses were in the girl's hands and looking
at Khamesi she said.

"And this time will you refuse to drink delicious and regular water?"

Neryn asked, trying to let the girl know to calm down and get used to the fact that for now they were the only ones who knew each other here and it was better not to express one's desires by force.

The girl's fiery eyes looked around the park as if trying to make sure everyone had really gone to the parties.

"It's not about military honor. It's more about, if I can't handle it now, I wouldn't be able to handle the stress of a real fight. I know I can, but for someone like me, every corner, quite literally, can hide an enemy. There is no such thing as 'normal'. Days of 'normal' are long gone and dead, and won't be coming back in the foreseeable future. And it's not just me, the entire galaxy balances on a razors edge. It seems like every day a thousand new shatterpoints, a thousand new ways things can change, form. There is no normal, just a calm before the next storm."

Khamesi said as she begrudgingly took the offered water. It was going to be inundated with the pheromones' that soaked all of Zeltros, she was going to have to keep her focus to keep them from messing with her to much. Still, she believed she could handle it without to much issue. For now at least, worst came to it she had a mask and filter in her bag to give her some time to calm down.

"OK...What if I told you I could sense things tens or hundreds of kilometres away and could protect you? Would you tell me that you can stand up for yourself?
Or that I'm a weak girl? Or something I haven't been able to think of yet?"

Neryn asked, taking a step towards Khamesi trying to understand the course of her thoughts and what exactly the storm might be during that evening and through what object the idea or image might be transmitted.
The girl tried not to think particularly much as she might be led in the completely wrong direction, abandoning the basic things she had just not yet thought of. She didn't like it, and so the girl's gaze became
rather not nervous, but somehow sadly brooding as if she were contemplating the basic problems of being and death.

"If you can touch the force, or the force works through you, you can be as powerful as you desire. Most Sith would consider you weak because you do not seek power. Most Jedi might see you as weak because you do not use your power the way they would. Weakness is relative. You may be weak of body, but you aren't weak of soul. At least not far as I can tell, and when it comes to the realm of those that use the force, the soul is perhaps the piece that is most important."

Khamesi said with a shrug, moving past the claim that the fate of the galaxy was so constantly in turmoil, that shatterpoints seemed to form every second. It wasn't quite that true, but the galaxy was certainly in a time of chaos. Sith thrived in chaos, and personally, Khamesi didn't mind it. Chaos made it easier for the Sith to work the way they wanted, easier for Khamesi to burn worlds and cities in her quest for reconciliation from reality itself.

Neryn sensed in Khamesi's speech some beginning of calm. It was as if the first threshold between them had been broken. At least when it came to the soul, the girl could not say anything for or against it. Everyone saw the qualities of their own souls as if in a mirror. And the result was that you could never be sure who was in front of you. Angel or Demon, Warrior or Peasant, Wizard or Illusionist, Dancer or Machinist, Clerk or Librarian. That was why this was a topic Neryn tried not to touch, it was one of her weaker areas.
Exhaling, the girl looked at the already almost disappearing sun and turning towards the lifts she asked

-Shall we go back or do you want to stay here longer? It's your choice, but I'm not leaving you here alone. And don't you dare say anything against it.

The girl was very stubborn and stubborn which was why she had pissed off so many of her friends in the past... But it was better not to mention it now, Naivia decided, and waited for an answer.

"Honestly I should probably be leaving Zeltros in general soon. Every second I'm here I risk Jedi, Police, and or soldiers coming down on my head. While I would relish a good fight-"

There was a flash of a sadistic smile at the mention of a fight across Khamesi's features, the nugget of anger she never released flared brightly inside her at the thought.

"- I don't think you'd appreciate watching me turn this park into a battleground."

Some of this was Khamesi's general paranoia of getting caught this deep in enemy territory. She wasn't on any important mission, just here to show up her enemies and have a little fun. She'd had a good day overall here, and one day was enough risk for now. Maybe if she ever had an apprentice of her own, she'd bring them here with her for an even greater insult to the Silver Jedi. Oh that would be fun, quite fun indeed.

"Well right now you are completely insane."

Neryn stepped forward and took Khamesi's hand in her warm one and said firmly.

"Yes it's true I don't want this place blown to shreds. But I will make sure that you get some sleep for once in your apparently crazy life! So you go to my room, if you don't have your own. You sleep there, and in the morning, go wherever you want, blow up whatever you want, and kill whoever you want. But not in front of me, okay? "

The girl looked sternly at Khamesi. She was nine years older than her and even though it wasn't a long time, Naivia was willing to help in the way she knew how. As she still held her hand one could feel the strange power that flowed in her body. It didn't hurt, it didn't give her much joy. It was quiet and soothing and healing.

After a moment she let go of her hand and with a sad sigh looked at Khamesi's face

"If even I had met you on another planet. I would never have accepted your words and thoughts... But with a smile like that... I want to help you even more... It's my nature, you know? ... To help and love no matter who you are, where you are from... "

"Oh please, I get plenty of sleep, and I have a ship. A shuttle, rented so they can't say 'oh look a Sith shuttle'. It has a bed and some food, it'll get me home and I can sleep in hyperspace, shuttles are pretty slow after all."

Khamesi wasn't keen on the idea of staying on this planet any longer than needed. She was used to military and Sith accommodations as well, not the kind of luxury rooms available on a resort planet. Big fluffy beds, soft pillows, warm blankets. In a strange way, it'd be to comfortable. Make it harder for someone used to more spartan accommodations to rest. Granted Sith were better off than just normal military, but it was still spartan. At least for Khamesi, mayhap it was because in the eyes of her fellow Sith she was unproven, even if she claimed full status of a Sith Warrior.

"And there's still the risk of what me staying for any longer than needed could draw."

"Okay... I'll be sincere... I want you to spend time with me. Because I'm bored alone! You know, bored, and you're a new experience!
And... well, not a bad girl, I'd even say kind-hearted and affectionate..."

Neryn said the last words a little more quietly and with a strange turn of his head to the side so that Khamesi could not see the expression on her face. Her hands were in the pockets of her shorts in an instant and yet looking at the girl's face she smiled awkwardly.

"Are you going to fly straight back to your base? Aren't you going to fly in anywhere? I wouldn't mind hanging out with you some more...you know, dancing, singing songs, cooking, at least there's a kitchen and I can ask".

Naivia answered, walking carefully beside Khamesi and feeling that the air was getting colder, making her body tingle a little.

"I can't stay here forever, I do have duties I have to get back to. I've sworn myself to beings much more powerful than me, and ones that are far less...forgiving."

One could hardly call Khamesi forgiving. She desired to make the galaxy burn for what it had taken from her. Family, fiance, her entire old life gone in a puff of smoke. The difference was more that she was patient. Her duties to the Empire and it's master came before her own revenge, though often they could overlap. She pinched the bridge of her nose as she thought on things. Maybe, maybe, she could stretch one day to two here, but that was the limit. The longer the stayed her, the more the pheremones steeped into her system, and the greater the risk of discovery.

"I might be able to stretch things to a second day, but if I get discovered here, it's you're fault. I tried to warn you."

"If it's going to be my mistake, it's going to be my mistake and that's the end of it. And all these Sith lords and everything else. Please forgive me, but I'm not
in the mood to discuss them. Please understand that, so! Where are we going! A night out or back to my room? If you're interested in a king-sized bed!
Where did I find the money? I showed them a couple of my books I got on another planet and all at once, confessions and such. Anyway, I talk a lot and it's
nobody needs it right now. You have the final word"

Neryn stopped in the middle of the park so that she could more easily see Khamesi in front of her and hear her answer, however wild or benevolent it might have been.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom