Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Going for the Head [Open to Jedi/Alliance]

Tags/ Jend-Ro Quill Jend-Ro Quill | Loske Treicolt Loske Treicolt | Ryv Ryv /
Wearing:
Jedi Outfit

Weyland shuffled awkwardly in his seat beside Loske. It had all been so much so fast, it was only days ago that some giant Glaive wielding Warrior was hot on his heels. Now he was here, sitting in this meeting room waiting for his name to be called during the Masters brief.

The sword of the Jedi and Master Quill had agreed to call a meeting regarding the threat of the genocidal Bryn'adûl Crusaders. All relevant parties were to be present. An invitation had also been sent out to all corners of the Galaxy held by Jedi and the Alliance. They knew the Bryn'adûl weren't the 'main threat' so they wouldn't force anyone. Volunteers only at this point. But with Jedi Knight Ryv now as Sword of the Jedi? He hoped they would have some pull.

Master Quill hadn't begun yet but Weyland was already sweating a little. The waiting was torturous. He had a proposal, some ideas about how to deal with the genocidal threat, but they'd hear what Quill had to say first.

Weyland was seemingly lost in his thoughts, almost ignoring the Loske until the familiar presence of Ryv entering the room and moving to sit beside them brought him back to his senses. He turned, looking to Loske the force with a strained grin. He hated waiting like this, especially when his opponent was to be opinions and his own skills as an orator.

"I'm sorry. I'm not used to this kind of thing. Uhm.. how do I look? I certainly can't tell." He joked to make himself feel better, and hopefully others too.

He genuinely, he didn't even know what his clothes looked like or what he even looked like for that matter. When he was younger, he could remember his own reflection from before the accident. But that and so much had faded from memory since then.

Oh hell - why did nerves make you overthink everything?

Various Jedi had filed in and the chrono said five after. Quill grimaced and got up to the podium. A holomap blazed to life overhead - the Bryn'adul territories.

"The Bryn'adul horde is one hundred percent Draelvasier, a very large species with insect, crustacean, and humanoid traits. It's not unusual for a Drael to weigh a thousand
pounds. There are three subspecies and no known political divisions. They expand fanatically. When they reach a new world, they transform the environment and exterminate the population without exception."

Statistics and map markers began popping up with images of non-Drael aliens.

"They reached Kubindi; the Kubaz are now an endangered species in the galaxy and extinct on their homeworld. The same is true for the Brubbs of Baros, the Keshiri of Kesh, the Glottalphibs of Glottal, the Pa'lowicks of Lowick, the Targonnians of Targonn, and the indigenous peoples of Hurikane. Very soon, I believe the Bryn'adul will conduct similar campaigns of genocide against the Noghri, the Barabels, the Dornean territories, and the whole Centrality. The planets Nibelungen, Edemar, and Cararim were very heavily populated, mainly by humans; they've been eliminated too.

"The estimated death toll of the Bryn'adul expansion outweighs everything connected to the Sith Empire and the One Sith combined. It rivals the Second Akala Crisis and the Clockwork Rebellion. And they've done most of it in less than a year.

"At this stage the Bryn'adul are a significantly greater threat to the galaxy than the Sith.

"Like some of you, I fought the Drael at Vasar and Kesh, and I was one of the few survivors. I'm open to questions."

Last edited:
She combed her blonde locs back with her fingers -- clearing her face.

She remembered a scouting mission conducted by shadows awhile back into drael territory; she ended up not being present but Lex seemed pretty shaken up about it afterward.

So this was becoming a major issue...

The holo display overhead left an whitish-blue film over the surface of her skin, the creases on the edges of her mouth told that she was processing or trying to process everything.

She swayed in her stance as she shifted her weight a bit, "Unfortunately every time i'm suppose to cross paths with the Bryn'adul, something comes up. So what's the best method of dealing with this species in live combat? I've heard of their tough exterior."

---

Jend-Ro Quill Jend-Ro Quill | Weyland Castril Weyland Castril | Loske Treicolt Loske Treicolt | Ryv Ryv

A few days ago // Glottal

"We can't keep running from these guys." Loske groaned while the medical droid tended to her wounded shoulder. It stitched together what flesh it could, and cauterized the rest. Hrajlmak'Natok Hrajlmak'Natok 's staff had rendered a devastating blow. It was unlike any weapon she'd seen before, and a single swing had more strength behind it than Loske could ever hope to lift. "We're always on the back foot."

Present // Peace Station // Meeting Room

Loske quirked a small smile in Weyland Castril Weyland Castril 's direction at his simple admittance of nervousness -- though it was lost on unseeing eyes. Which made her cheeks hot with slight embarrassment. That was stupid. In remedy, she reached over to pat the back of his hand for an extra boost of confidence. They'd just met a few days ago, with Ryv Ryv and Maynard as the surviving defenders who'd been there to assist the local militia who had just tried to defend their space. The Drael hadn't shown an ounce of mercy. Just like Kesh.

Jend-Ro Quill Jend-Ro Quill gave a pointed summary of the enemy, and she looked surprised at the final statistics. The impact and gross numbers alone were astounding, and she reacted not-so-subtly with a shocked expression. She shouldn't have been so taken aback. She'd seen it. The fire, the smoke, the carnage.

Loske knocked the back of her boot against the Jedi Knight's heel next to her, as another measure of you got this -- you can probably start talking soon.

Romi Jade Romi Jade asked a question, and she spurted a response out. She'd fought the same Drael twice, and her shoulder was still super tender from the last time they'd crossed weapons. It was wrapped up and soaking in bacta pads under her shirt, and she rubbed it unconsciously.

"Heat --- some of them can create fire from their hands." She explained as a part answer to the blonde Master's question. "But they're not great at receiving it, it wounds them...at least." The Padawan shrugged, and considered any anecdotal information P Placeholder 0128 may have passed on from his wrestling with one on Kuat.

Major Faction

Ryv

Paragon of Sacrifice
Hours prior. . .

"Ryv."

Ryv sat in his room, staring at the holodevice projecting a map of Bryn'adûl space across his room. The death toll numbered higher than he thought possible, leaving him at a loss for words as he poured over the information spread across his desk. Several datapads had been laid out beside stacks of paper by the kiffar the night he returned from Glottal. He knew the time would come when others would call the order to action to face the xenophobic crusaders who accosted the outer rim. Each time he met one of the Bryn'adûl on the field of battle, he returned with information, something tangible, but nothing in comparison to the sector's worth of lost lives.

"Ryv, are you listening to me?"

The question went unanswered as the Sword of the Jedi considered the upcoming meeting. The Jedi Order had to stand and face these monsters, but nothing within their arsenal allowed them even a glimmer of hope. Their hangars housed many ships, none of which would deliver enough firepower or troops to contest the millions of monstrosities assaulting each planet. Peace held many Jedi, all of which would be overwhelmed by the living sea that marked the Bryn'adûl's conquest. He rubbed his face before lashing out with a closed fist, throwing aside a stack of books he'd borrowed from the archives on former galactic-wide extinction events.

"My son! Listen to me," a spectral hand reached out, taking hold of the kiffar's jacket-clad shoulder. "You cannot solve all of the galaxy's problems in a single night, Ryv. We must take them one step at a time, as your mother and I taught you."

"I know, dad. I just don't see how we can hope to challenge millions of these monsters with what we have at our disposal," Ryv looked up at the force apparition's smiling face, his father's smiling face.

"How can we fix this problem? Who can we call on to aid us?" his father's questions came out softly, his tone meant to soothe the stress away from the overwhelmed teenager.

"The Alliance and Republic have agreed to stand beside us. We gotta reach out to Cassius and Lisza, they trust us," Ryv worked his way through the shortlist of allies the Order managed to build in its meager tenure. "I can see if any of the silvers have an interest, but things haven't changed, pops. They still run from war. They're all too afraid to fight."

"Hmm," the specter smiled, his shoulders bouncing up and down in a faint laugh. "Are they afraid to fight or are they afraid to throw away the lives of those men and women they need to face the Sith, Ryv? You mustn't assume to know such things. The force is powerful and your trust in it has never failed to guide you, but you must strive to understand those you strive to unify."

"You're right, I'm sorry," Ryv turned away from his father and lifted his holodevice. He typed up a missive and sent it off. "I'm sending out the call to action to all able-bodied Jedi. Weyland and Quill-"

"Master Quill," the force ghost corrected.

"- Master Quill have information we can likely use. I will meditate on what you have told me, pops. Thank you," Ryv lowered his head, biting back tears as his father once more disappeared. When he first returned to Ryv, the young Jedi Knight jumped with joy, not quite understanding his father's return to be temporary. Once it set in, Ryv struggled to accept the reality of their new relationship. How could he settle to see his fallen father so infrequently? Considering it was better than nothing, he accepted it for what it was and took advantage of their irregular meeting. He seemed only to show himself when Ryv needed him for guidance or wisdom, which helped out in situations like the one he found himself in now.

Ryv took up his bag and threw it over his shoulder before sliding his lightsaber into place at his side. He gathered his datapad containing the notes he took as well as a small box he picked up from Nar Shaddaabefore taking his leave.

Now. . .

Weyland's unease did not go unnoticed by Ryv, but the kiffar chose not to comment on it. He understood the stress of speaking in front of others and didn't envy either Weyland or whoever else may end up stepping up the metaphorical mic. It was a necessary evil when it came to such meetings nonetheless. Fortunately for the small group, Master Quill stepped up to get the meeting underway. The information presented to some would definitely be jarring. The death of so many innocents in the name of conquest and hate left a bad taste in any Jedi's mouth, Ryv included.

As others stepped up to speak, Ryv remained silent and listened. Romi Jade's appearance took him by surprise. He knew her reputation as one of the better duelists in the galaxy, but aside from the Lanik-op months prior, he'd not seen or heard from her since. Her support would still prove useful in attracting other Jedi to this cause. He looked over to Loske, nodding along to what she said.

Ryv would find time to speak soon. It wasn't his place to take over such meetings.

Last edited:
Weyland Castril Weyland Castril Ryv Ryv Loske Treicolt Loske Treicolt Romi Jade Romi Jade

"One major challenge, Master Jade, is that there's no single answer. Like you said-" He looked to Loske, whose name he didn't know. "-some Drael are believed to have a vulnerability to heat, but others thrive on it. Let's take a look at the three subspecies."

Holographic composite images of Drael replaced the huge map.

"Type One, probably warrior caste. Survivors call them Tanks. Usually around nine feet tall but as strong as, say, a small rancor or a Mantellian Savrip. Even disruptors take a while to chew through their armor, but CryoBan seems to work well on them.

"Type Two, probably some sort of leadership caste. Survivors call them Priests, though nobody knows what the Drael believe, if anything. Priests are usually a little taller than Tanks, maybe ten feet, but leaner and more agile. Priests are probably the ones with the vulnerability to heat or fire. Otherwise, think of a tall armored Wookiee. The one Drael Darksider I fought was probably a Priest type.

"Type Three Drael are generally known - by non-Drael anyway - as Brutes. Not as strong as Tanks, probably the least intelligent of the three - maybe not even fully sapient. About eight and a half feet tall or a bit more on average. Right now it doesn't look like they have the same temperature vulnerabilities as the others, and their armour isn't as good as Tanks.

"Worth noting that these are just tentative baselines, working from the accounts of a relative handful of Brubbs, Keshiri, and so forth, as well as Jedi. The Drael pride themselves on leaving no survivors. It's also worth noting that you can't one hundred percent rely on any given individual to have these weaknesses; right now we think there are a high proportion of mutants, or variations within the three main subspecies."

Last edited:
The Bryn'adûl...Monsters created for some unknowable purpose and then left to their own devices. They weren't the only biologically engineered species in the Galaxy. Far from it, in fact. But they were a group of troublemakers that had been cutting out a large swath of space for...whatever it was they did. Current projections from Corellia said the space they conquered rivaled or even exceeded that of the Republic. Not surprising considering how much force they could bring to bear even far from their own borders. Morteg looked up and over to Master Quil and nodded.

"Survivors there are, only because of brave Jedi like yourself and the actions you took on Vasar." He had regretted that he wasn't able to be there for his Corellia. Luckily the old Jedi had been, and though Vasar was still recovering from that dark day there were still survivors thanks to his efforts. Ever since the Corellian Confederation and Green Jedi had been keeping tabs on the alien mutants, gathering information and waiting for the day that they would inevitably clash again.

Jend-Ro Quill Jend-Ro Quill Romi Jade Romi Jade Ryv Ryv Loske Treicolt Loske Treicolt Weyland Castril Weyland Castril

Tags / Loske Treicolt Loske Treicolt | Ryv Ryv | Jend-Ro Quill Jend-Ro Quill | Romi Jade Romi Jade | Dhalinar Greystar Dhalinar Greystar /

The statistics threw a dark cloud over the serenity of Peace Station, he dreaded to think of what further negligence would cause. The Republic, Alliance, Silver Jedi were all caught up in a war with the Sith Empire. No doubt the Sith were a threat, he didn't fault them for their choices. But all the same, the divides between the Light were ultimately at fault. The allowance for the rise of Confederacies and Empires led by Sith and those of Darker Alignments were exactly why this unprecedented death toll would not cease.

It was already too late. The Jedi, the Galaxy had already failed to stop the Bryn'adûl. Trillions dead was a failure, but failure was part of life. However he struggled to accept this particular one. Once more Weyland was shook from his miasma of thought, but by touch this time. He felt the soft fingers on his knuckles, it caused his hand to tense - flinching slightly but almost too subtle to be noticed.

Where he felt the shock in Loske, he found guilt in himself. A myriad of memories flooded back, so many braver than any Jedi fell on those planets. All for this, a discussion. He knew it was necessary, but a great measure of him wished to act. He craved not excitement, but a justice to be brought upon their Leader. That needed to be the focus.

They needed to go for the head. As frightening as that reality was. He didn't want to get any of his fellow Jedi killed, but they'd all die if they sat back and did nothing.

The boot pressed against his heel brought some measure of warmth to his face, a half-grin pointed in the Jedi's general direction - he understood the invitation. The Jedi Knight sat forward slightly, he didn't know the other female Jedi in the room but her aura was distinctive. She seemed to want to fight, that was good.

"Knowing when to run is the most important part to fighting the Draelvasier. I've fought them on four separate occasions, each time they were all around us before we could even blink. They attack from above, below and on the surface. You need to stay mobile. In terms of weaponry, Lightsabers seem to work on most of them. But I don't think any military can beat them. Not in a straight up fight. Even on Kesh they were outnumbered, ambushed and they still slaughtered them all like it was nothing." His voice was impassioned, staving off the feeling of nearly being back there.

Weyland Castril Weyland Castril Ryv Ryv Loske Treicolt Loske Treicolt Romi Jade Romi Jade Dhalinar Greystar Dhalinar Greystar

Quill looked away from Morteg's praise uncomfortably. Instead he focused on Weyland's comments.

"You have a point, son. No military in the galaxy is prepared to fight the Drael, though they could pivot. What disturbs me even more is that the forces who'd probably do best against them are the Catharian Hegemony's power armoured legions and the Eternal Empire's professional war machine - neither of which are anywhere near the Drael or interested in helping the Jedi.

"But what disturbs me most is that fighting a Drael is a whole different paradigm, like fighting an armored savrip or a Yuuzhan Vong. The Jedi have no consistent experience or best practices that would help. We need to look harder at experience-based and evidence-based training.

"Fortunately, we have friends among the diaspora communities of the species that the Drael have murdered. A Kubaz robotics firm is building Drael-analogue droids - same strength, size, durability and so forth - to help galactic militaries and the Jedi learn how to fight them better. The first batch will be delivered to twenty Jedi enclaves this week. The project is reasonably secret because the Drael are masters of genetic adaptation. Here's what I'm talking about: a DSCRD trainer."

A Drael-sized droid shambled into the room. It assumed configurations that matched each of the three known subspecies. A holodisplay flickered to life, making the droid resemble a Drael in greater detail.

Last edited:
In her last days with the Silver Jedi, Jyoti recalled the proto-group of the Bryn'adûl popping up across battlefields everywhere. Never taking sides, just exploiting moments of chaos to engage in wanton destruction. Deadly for sure, but in their relatively small numbers they had been more nuisance than threat.

No longer. In little time, they had come out of nowhere to become an existential crisis for the entire galaxy. The crisis. Now, the hordes of the Bryn'adûl would even make the Yuuzhan Vong blush with envy.
Master Quill was right, they were far more dangerous that the Sith. The Bryn'adûl represented the Dark Side in the most extreme sense. Where the Sith of the day were content with conquest and subjugation, these xenocidal zealots would not rest until the old world was completely extinguished, and then remold the galaxy into their own nightmarish image.

Such disturbing developments had drawn the recluse back to active duty, and now she stood with her compatriots finally addressing the issue head on. However, as she listened to the briefing, doubts began to nag her in the back of her mind.

Were they too late to respond? Even if they weren't, could they stomach the hard measures required to deal with such ruthless foes to halt the deaths of more billions?

She wasn't so sure.

Jyoti remained quiet throughout the briefing, contemplating Quill's analysis on the Bryn'adûl and their various castes, making notes in her datapad. The presentation was all very thorough, the grizzled master even going as far as to produce a training droid crafted in their image, a great hulking thing that was more like a mini walker than infantrymen. Nothing a good power lance or auto-ripper couldn't solve, though - the pragmatic Echani was resourceful.

It was clear they had a good grasp on the tactical side, but the macro was also important, so she finally decided to pipe up to offer input.

"Firstly, I think it goes without saying that we need to take a deeper look at Bryn'adûl society as we proceed. I agree with Knight Castril that we may not be currently equipped to deal with them head on, so we must find cracks in their hierarchy and logistical network to exploit."

"Secondly, for anyone who's faced the current hordes in battle, what tactics and strategy do they like to employ? Have we identified their top commanders? How potent are their force users?"

Romi Jade Romi Jade Allyson Locke Allyson Locke Weyland Castril Weyland Castril Dhalinar Greystar Dhalinar Greystar Ryv Ryv Loske Treicolt Loske Treicolt Jend-Ro Quill Jend-Ro Quill

Standing together with more than one or two other people gave a rare familiarity to the Corellian. It had felt like ages since she found herself in a briefing like this. The feeling brought back memories, but they lacked the warmth that memories usually gave. Even though they weren't joyous memories, they still felt right somehow.

Like Jyoti, Allyson remembered the renegade pockets of the Bry n'adûl appearing in battles with the Order of Silver Jedi. Chaos seemed to be the only goal for them, but why. What was there to gain with such a dream? Arms folded as the soft rustle of an old jacket creased, Allyson analyzed and did her best to remember what she could about the nemesis of the galaxy.

Remembering having to deal with them during a battle against the Sith, Allyson moved forward from her resting place against a wall. "I've run into them before. Against the Sith a few times." A hand rested against her chin for a brief moment as she thought quietly. "From what I remember, they protected the one that had a force connection. I didn't feel like their muscle had any connection to the Force." Allyson paused, allowing for the information to seep into the other's minds. For what its worth, it seemed like the one with the Force connection was extremely important. Having the Force might place them higher of whatever hierarchy they have."

A sheepish smile spread across her face as she remembered the few shotgun rounds that bounced off one of the Bry n'adûl's foot soldier's armor. "Shotgun didn't do much – their bodies remind me of that one bug that its carapace acts like body armor…" Fingers snapped as the Corellian tried to dig around her fringe memories. Finding the word she was looking for, "Orbalisk, not as attractive looking though."

Jyoti Nooran Jyoti Nooran Loske Treicolt Loske Treicolt Romi Jade Romi Jade Weyland Castril Weyland Castril Dhalinar Greystar Dhalinar Greystar Ryv Ryv Jend-Ro Quill Jend-Ro Quill

Major Faction

Ryv

Paragon of Sacrifice
A gloved hand reached out to gently squeeze Weyland's shoulder. The empath behind him understood the horrors of war, having seen his fair share between the Sith and Bryn'adûl alike. There were still moments when he woke up feeling warm blood on his face after witnessing a child crushed, face to face, at the malign grip of Hailyn Hailyn . It was a pivotal moment in his career as a Jedi. One that drove him onto each battlefield without so much as a second thought. The Bryn'adûl was another beast entirely, one that made the horrors of Kintan look like a second rate holoflick. Ryv knew he'd need to get up and say something to push his peers in the right direction, but what could he say? So many perished, with even more likely to face a similar fate before the Jedi could properly mobilize to defend them.

"I uh-," Ryv pushed himself to his feet and looked towards the blind Jedi. "Weyland is right," his attention then shifted to Quill. "Master Quill, I would like to take the floor for the moment, if you don't mind," Ryv smiled to the aged Jedi Master and stepped up beside him. "Each time I have faced these creatures, I've ensured we walked away with something for our troubles. Keeper, if you would be so kind as to dim the lights and project subjects A through E," the room would darken at the Jedi Knight's request. From all around them, a flickering projection would slowly construct five hulking monstrosities centerfold, for all to see.

The largest among them, Tathra Khaeus Tathra Khaeus , appeared beside the hastily constructed droid. Tathra's form dwarfed the prototype droid, making it look almost childlike in comparison. "Its believed this creature is their leader. We are unsure to what extent they view it, but it carries itself in a way akin to a Sith Lord among their cultists. I believe it may be a god to the more commonplace drael," the Sword of the Jedi stepped forward and motioned towards the beast's meaty neck and shoulders. "The creature has managed to turn away a glancing blow of a lightsaber through flesh alone, which puts us at an extreme disadvantage when facing them in melee combat," he turned away from the first projection as a second formed.

Primarch Drek'ma Primarch Drek'ma 's towering frame materialized a few feet from Tathra, even towering over the first of the beasts. "Both Quill and I have crossed blades with this one. Though its name is unknown to us, it is confirmed a force user, a powerful one at that. It has repeatedly teleported across the battlefield, easily avoiding the attacks of our forces time and time again. Many follow this one into combat, reversing it similarly to their god-figure. We cannot be sure what position it holds among their society, but I imagine it is one of importance given its capabilities."

Two others sprung up beside Tathra and Drek'ma's forms. Rahm Rahm and Hrajlmak'Natok Hrajlmak'Natok were both intimidating, with Rahm standing head and shoulders above the first two presented, and Hrajlmak'Natok appearing predatory in its unnatural gait.

"These two hold some semblance of military import, given they each control hundreds of thousands of their baseline infantry units. They've each had a hand in a number of their conquests as well. I've faced the larger of the two personally, while Loske has taken on the other. Neither of them appeared phased by the slaughter going on around them. I'd go so far as to say they enjoyed the bloodshed," the kiffar paused and turned to the final drael to appear before them. Hraelga Nacht Hraelga Nacht looked lither than the others, though it still stood larger than any of the gathered Jedi. "This one has not been seen commanding troops, but has shown extreme skill in hunting, tracking, and trapping its prey."

The room lit up a tad, though it retained some of its dimness to better showcase the five creatures before the gathered Jedi. Each of them was monolithic with claws, teeth, and hides that marked them to be extremely dangerous compared to most sentient beings in the galaxy.

"The majority of their fighting force is smaller creatures known as drones. They also have massive beasts that can burrow beneath the earth and tear through stone and metals alike. All in all, we're looking at an enemy with mass amounts of highly specialized creatures. Each hyper lethal."

Last edited:
Jyoti Nooran Jyoti Nooran Loske Treicolt Loske Treicolt Romi Jade Romi Jade Weyland Castril Weyland Castril Dhalinar Greystar Dhalinar Greystar Ryv Ryv Allyson Locke Allyson Locke

Quill nodded along with others' commentary and questions.

"The big one is unique, far stronger and more massive than a Tank. For all that they hold him in reverence, even powerful Darksiders, he doesn't appear to be a Force-user himself. I never caught his name, but he and I had a...chat...on Vasar some time ago. I'd be interested in what you all have to say about it, especially-" He nodded to Master Nooran. "-at a strategic level.

"I learned the sharing of memories from elders of an Outer Rim species called the Gutretee. What I'm going to do now is share the full memory of that fight and conversation. I'll do the heavy lifting; if you don't want to receive it, just don't link up when I touch your mind."

A shared memory percolated out to the Jedi in the room: not just the conversation, but what it was like to fight Tathra Khaeus Tathra Khaeus . Quill had barely escaped with his life. The memory held snippets of speech:

"Strange place to find yourself, Force Wielder..."

"The world of men will fall."

"I create life. Life worth the ground beneath its feet. Creation is an opportunity, one I alone will control. Humanity has long been bereft of that right. Now it falls to me."

TAGS / Loske Treicolt Loske Treicolt | Jend-Ro Quill Jend-Ro Quill | Ryv Ryv | Jyoti Nooran Jyoti Nooran | Allyson Locke Allyson Locke | Dhalinar Greystar Dhalinar Greystar | Romi Jade Romi Jade /

It was a lot. That was the only true way to process it, he shared a strain of fear that his Jedi kin also shared. It wasn't inadequacy, not quite. He wasn't sure if he or his compatriots were up to task. But he couldn't help but crack an affirming grin toward the Jedi Nooran at her admission, their ability to see the need to adapt to face the Bryn'adûl may have come too late for some. But not for others, they had to find a weakness. Everything and everyone had a weakness.

Weyland couldn't see the holographic projections so much as sense the feeling of those present. He, in his stomach knew exactly who Ryv was talking about at the mention of their leader. The one they called Titan. The one they called Chieftain. A Sith Lord? He made Sith Lords look like children playing at Battle. As Ryv continued through the list of those they had identified as priority targets, Weyland felt his world shrink. The notion of their leader made his stomach shrink, his cheeks lose colour.

He'd heard the stories. The thousands of burning corpses left in his wake on a single battlefield, the fight at Kuat where even Master Morga and Grayson couldn't put a dent in, one of them barely escaped with their life. That feeling of inadequacy shot up through him like adrenaline, he could feel it in his heart that their paths would intertwine.

Master Quills interjection did not help. The flush of combat made the presence of Tathra in his mind nearly overwhelming regardless of its synthetic nature. The Knight braced his hands against his knees, head falling between his shoulders as he forced himself to observe the memory. As a Jedi, it was duty to be diligent in this matter, regardless of his personal feelings.

The speed, the skill. That voice.

If he ever wanted to convince himself that they were unintelligent monsters, that ship had just sailed.

Aly first recounted her experiences against the Bryn'adûl, noting their use of Force Users as force multipliers and the durability of their soldiers. It sounded like they were all tough to take down, from the highest general to the lowliest drone. It was little wonder why they were a nightmare for normal soldiers. Something was required to even the odds.

Knight Ryv then took the floor, providing helpful dossiers of all the major players of the Bryn'adûl. First came their top leader Tathra, whom she was quite familiar by now. Often they were present on the same battlefield, but she had yet to engage him directly. More leaders and commanders were presented, each seeming to occupy a certain niche as they worked together to orchestrate the hordes of drones at their disposal. The drones themselves appeared to lack much or any initiative. At scale, such mindless creatures worked well as cannon fodder for shock and awe tactics - little was as terrifying as witnessing endless walls of walking tanks charging positions with reckless abandon. However, if cut off from their commanders, these drones could be corralled by a more flexible force.

Attention fell on Master Quill against as he shared a memory from an earlier encounter with Tathra. She relaxed and allowed her mind to connect with his for transmission. For a short time, the briefing room vanished and it its place came a smoking battlefield. Her ribs and limbs began to ache as an injured Quill's pain and exhaustion became her own. Before the Jedi was the crimson monster himself, wielding his signature axe. He radiated with hatred and contempt for the worlds he promised to destroy, every word hissed with unwavering conviction.

So he wasn't just a monster, but a monster with a god complex.

Another one to the list of megalomaniacs.

As the shared memory finished running through her mind, translucent cracks began to bloom outward from his titanic form, many webs extending into the ether of the Force. Tathra was a walking Shatterpoint, a great nexus where the Bryn'adûl's crusade began and ended with him as its sole architect.

"Thank you for sharing..." she whispered.

She almost wished he hadn't. Any remaining illusion of a clean victory was gone. This crisis was shaping up to be a cruel crucible that would challenge their limits as Jedi.

"Tathra has made it abundantly clear that no one will be spared from his wrath," she continued, voice growing stronger with its usual tenor. "There is no reasoning with this being, not that I can see. I'm afraid we can't carry on with our usual modus, splitting our attention between offense and defense. We must sink our entire focus into fighting while involving the whole populace of targeted worlds in their own defense. Not just the able-bodied men, but also the women and children - anyone capable of holding a blaster or shiv. There is no running from this. As a wife and mother myself, it's not an easy thing to say, but the hordes certainly make no distinction between their victims. More than that, we must begin to pressure the Bryn'adûl and deny them the ability to dictate the terms of battle."

"From here on out, every encounter must be approached as if it's our last stand."

Without a change of course, very soon it could very well be.

Allyson Locke Allyson Locke Jend-Ro Quill Jend-Ro Quill Ryv Ryv Weyland Castril Weyland Castril

Allyson nodded along, hearing the explanations from the others. It seems the enemy had interfered in many battles. The thought of the already robust Bry n'adûl being stronger than she had anticipated worried her. While the dossier grew longer, Allyson pressed a small button discretely to record the explanation of the known forces. Her memory was not the best - still after all this time.

While Ryv finished, Allyson felt the tell signs of someone trying to connect mentally. Instinctively, she shut her mind down, keeping the Jedi from it. A part of her knew she should allow the connection, but with her previous experience, she didn't trust anyone except a select few into her mind. Allyson exhaled quietly as the others experienced what Quill was trying to convey. Luckily for her, she had a good sense of what they were facing.

Listening to Jyoti, Allyson understood. Looking at the group, she nodded, knowing that unlike most, she had nothing left to lose. "Jyoti's right," Pausing, Allyson thought quietly, trying to find the right words, then continued, "We've seen them in battle - but we can attempt to infiltrate their planets quietly. At least do some reconnaissance to map out their network fully."

Knowing that this was her specialty, she did her best to keep a straight face not wanting to show that deep down she was scared, "Shouldn't be too hard - we don't have to send in a large group. I know I can get in and out pretty quickly if we want to go that route while we gather the forces."

Jyoti Nooran Jyoti Nooran Jend-Ro Quill Jend-Ro Quill Ryv Ryv Weyland Castril Weyland Castril Romi Jade Romi Jade Loske Treicolt Loske Treicolt

Jyoti Nooran Jyoti Nooran Loske Treicolt Loske Treicolt Romi Jade Romi Jade Weyland Castril Weyland Castril Dhalinar Greystar Dhalinar Greystar Ryv Ryv Allyson Locke Allyson Locke

"For the most part I agree, Master Nooran, and thank you for that. I'll push back on the idea of arming noncombatants - and I'll show you why."

The DSCRD Drael replica droid had been depicting a hulking drone, a Brute. Now it sat down and its holographic disguise faded. Instead, its holoprojectors showed footage of people streaming into ships.

"As you might know, we've just begun targeted evacuations of planets near the Drael border, focusing on two things: the most vulnerable worlds, and the most vulnerable people. Children and primary caretakers, and folks who live on tiny backwaters that the Drael will roll over in a heartbeat. Where possible we're partnering with diasporas so children can grow up with their own species on peaceful planets far from the Drael. It's a flawed process, it's barely started, and it's not fast enough either, but on the whole it should mean that..." Quill rubbed his face. "...when the Bryn'adul roll over the Dornean territories or Barab or Honoghr, the Dorneans and Barabels and Noghri have a future as a species. We can save the kids, at minimum. Probably. Most of them. But for those we can't evacuate, or who won't go...yes, arm them, train them, absolutely. Convince them to band together at worlds where they might make a dent. "

He pivoted to Allyson. "Master...Locke, yes? Master Locke, scout missions into Bryn'adul territory are incredibly dangerous and incredibly valuable. Whatever support you need, you'll get, no matter how many Alliance arms I need to twist."

Elise

E
Elise leaned forward. She had been sitting there quietly, as she was known to do. Lately her life had become saturated with politics, a fact which had her turning quieter than ever before. Whether it was the foreign nations she was asked to speak with or the organizations that asked for aid-- it often felt like the masses were waiting for her say one wrong thing.

One wrong word. And then people weren't so kind anymore.

Elise stepped into her role with the Silver Jedi because it had been the right thing to do. Be the change you want to see. And still, it wasn't easy to have her intentions misconstrued at every gathering she attended. She couldn't change the old actions of people who were gone, she could only keep her focus forward.

Listen to the Force.

And just try to help.

It took mindfulness to speak and not braced for more whiplash. But at the end of the day, this wasn't about her or her growing stressors. There were people who needed aid, and she had the means to help them.

"We have some evac ships we can devote to the cause," she spoke, her voice soft yet steady. She took a deep breath, deciding to leave her identity unstated. "Coincidentally, we've been acquiring tech of the Carbonite variety. Guns, grenades-- We have been looking into an option for an aerial drop, though that might be too extreme..." She sat up a little straighter, looking across the table to Quill.

She hadn't seen the man since events at Kintan. Unaddressed concern pinched in the corner of her eyes. "I'm happy to work alongside this the best I can."

Last edited by a moderator:
"We have some evac ships we can devote to the cause," she spoke, her voice soft yet steady. She took a deep breath, deciding to leave her identity unstated. "Coincidentally, we've been acquiring tech of the Carbonite variety. Guns, grenades-- We have looking into an option for an aerial drop, though that might be too extreme..." She sat up a little straighter, looking across the table to Quill.

She hadn't seen the man since events at Kintan. Unaddressed concern pinched in the corner of her eyes. "I'm happy to work alongside this the best I can."

"There's always a need for more evacuation ships and weapons that might make a dent. Carbonite guns, even cold bombs, could help save billions of lives. There's another need the Silver Jedi could help fill, Master Elise: places for those evacuation ships to go. Your order has protected a huge swath of space for a long time with great success. Some of the worlds you defend - the Kastolar Sector, for example - are far from the Empire and the Bryn'adul. If your order asks those worlds to take on refugees, will they accept them, give them safe places, land to farm, job supports, medical access?"

Elise

E
Elise gave a tight smile and nod, taking a moment to pick her words carefully. "The nations in our sphere have been gathering behind closed doors. In light of recent sith aggression they have been speaking of a treaty. ...I believe... they mean to come together-- to pool resources and start directing aid towards planets on our outermost reach. ... With this is in mind, I would say they would be willing to accept these refugees in."

"They are doing so with the people of Kintan, and not that I think it matters much here, but Bryn'adul is our neighbor. I believe my Order and the nations will be behind you in this cause. ...They are not looking inwards so much anymore."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom