Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion Glass Houses | First Order Dominion of Alpinn

Rolf's humble abode was certainly that on the surface. Just a little deeper though there were obvious stylistic holdovers from both his days in the military and the Baron's life at Loch Weald. Touches of Dosuun. In a matter of about two minutes the water was hot thanks to an electric range, a soft whistle fading as Rolf took the pot and poured it over the two small satchets of loose tea he'd prepared. Gently replacing the pot and carrying the two cups on their saucers, he nodded at a surprisingly comfortable looking set of chairs off to one side. "Failure." he said.

The man's vacant stare threatened to return but the gentle aroma of the tea kept his mind in the present. "I'd like to think you know my service record - I bear scars the same as the rest of them. The dead of Kaeshana, of Mustafar.. and of Skor II." He didn't need to say more on that. There were other failures or perceived failures of his but those were of a more personal nature - one he needn't bore the Supreme Leader of the First Order with. "There was nothing left. Blood and ash. Nothing to reclaim or salvage, nothing to rebuild." Rolf took a sip of the tea, it's flavor and aroma releasing some of the tension in his shoulders and jaw. His eyes rose to meet Natasi's, peering past the steam rising from the cup. "It seems you've proven me wrong." he acknowledged. "If there was anyone that could do it, it'd have to have been you."

"So, you're short staffed and need leaders." he said, taking another sip of his tea. "I'm sure there are other candidates that don't carry the burdens or stigmas of the past. We made a lot of enemies." he emphasized.

Objective 3:
lsnfmwM.png

afe7Wez.png

Location: Mining Capitol of Alpinn; secure the courtyard, storm and secure the Mining Headquarters
Troops: 48 Stormtroopers of the 12th Unattached 'Storm' Platoon
Equipment: SE-44C blaster pistol, stun grenades, plain clothes, weapons concealed
With: First Order Allies Resurgent Narrative Orum Berik
Duval and his men had begun to pull back from the courtyard down the alley ways to avoid detection from the Mining Guards when he got confirmation of the code from the directors commlink to storm the Headquarters and secure Alpinn. He immediately activated the commlink to all of his squad leaders.

"Squad leaders. The mission is live. Alpinn is to be secured. All squads at courtyard crash and secure the site. I am taking a contingent of squads with me to seize the Mining Corporations Headquarters. All personnel overseeing the HQ crash the exits. Don't let anyone out without a First Order pass."

The men of the 12th 'Storm' Platoon operated now like clockwork. A group of 24 crashed the courtyard nearly simultaneously. They stunned and disarmed the guards and quickly made an announcement that the planet was now under the security and protection of the First Order. Support and medical personnel were already on the ground to bring aid to the people of Alpinn. The miners almost seemed to resist, but quickly they understood the futility of the matter as more and more First Order Stormtrooper dropships were now descending to support the Storm Platoon.

Duval's advanced unit had secured the exits and entries to the Corporate Headquarters before he had arrived. Now he took a detachment of 20 of his men into the headquarters itself. They would spread out like clockwork securing the hallways first before entering the board room itself. The board members were arrogant and didn't bring any guards with them. None of them resisted. Several were stunned down for making sudden movements but no weapons were found. It didn't matter. The room was secure. Further deployments would now take place to ensure Order.

Elisea Apollodor

E
lsnfmwM.png
"Alpinn's secure," reported Elisea, "one dead on our end, Major Vir Aetos."
"He was a good man, and I should hope that his legacy will not be lost here," Elisea admitted to Nylea as she leaned up against the speeder bike. The sound of more transports inbounds only meant that Elisea needed to check-in and begin her actual work. "I've got to stick around a bit longer. Start coordinating with their health systems and layout the groundwork for integration."
"So you're welcomed to accompany me but I'm sure it'll be pretty boring."
A smile tugged at the corners of the Avalonia's lips.
A brisk breeze pushed through the fabric of her clothes sending a chill up her spine. "Did you bring your jacket with you by chance?" She placed her hands over her arms in an attempt to warm them up as her skin tightened up. Reports from the military were scattered as she overheard it, Stormtroopers passing by spoke about it. The integration process and how swiftly the starfighters and the navy cleaned up what was left of Aurek-47. Elisea looked past Nylea and out toward the teams of engineers that were in the process of disembarking from their shuttles. "Maybe we should ask if they can put in a bath house or something."

skin, bone, and arrogance
Natasi cupped the tea mug in her hands and listened to Rolf, her eyes narrowing slightly as he went on. "I like to think that you know me, and if that is true in any appreciable way, you know that I am not one to revel in the loss of life -- not their lives, and certainly not our lives. I abhor the sentient loss of life that comes with war. But the loss of life at Kaeshana and Mustafar is not an indictment on the victories you crafted. It's not even an asterisk. I wish we could have achieved what we achieved without the loss of life that were necessary, but let us be clear. The choice to sacrifice those lives lay with the Galactic Alliance and with Outer Rim Coalition."

She took another sip of the tea. It was good; there was something reminiscent about Dosuun in it, a kind of earthy quality that wasn't present in tea everywhere. She looked over the rim of the cup at her host, her eyebrows furrowing. "There does seem to be a lot of this stuff about," she said, struggling to keep the frustration out of her voice. "It's just... wet," she said, nearly spitting the word. "Yes, we made enemies. Anyone who does anything of value will make enemies, because there will always be people who thrive on iniquity and sin. There will always be small, bitter people who can't bear to see others do well. If they can't be the saviors of the galaxy, they'll make damned sure that everyone else is seen as the villain."

Natasi shook her head faintly, her eyes going unfocused for a moment. "No one is perfect. Not you, not I, not the First Order, not any of the so-called enemies you and I have made over the years. But I'd put your virtue and mine up against theirs any way. We saved the galaxy from the Omega Sith death cult. We stood up to the fanaticism of the Galactic Alliance. Even now we are cleansing our old worlds of the filth of the Ssi-Ruuk monsters." She inclined her head, brushing a strand of chestnut hair from her forehead.

"I do hate to sound like, well, like I'm giving a speech from Victory Square in the old days. But it was as true then as it is now. Your burdens are another word for experience. That's why I need you. I have a lot of enthusiastic people. I have hardly anyone who understands what we do and why we do it." Natasi fixed her melted chocolate gaze on Amsel. "And even fewer who will tell me how it is. I know I can rely on you for that."

Hazel Zanteres

The Angel/Devil on your Shoulder
lsnfmwM.png
For Hazel’s list, everything had gone pretty straightforward, with very little issues along the way. It helped that there hadn’t been any major public outcry, no massive crowds obstructing the streets, making it much easier to get around to her destinations.

A majority on her list had been single individuals, needing help with minor things. But the rest were families, requiring assistance to gather other family members together. Even the occasional medical aid, a kid without his inhaler. A grandparent who had taken a knock during their rush.

Hazel had tried to make the route as efficient as possible. If her ending destination for a name took her close to another, but further down on the list? She went to them first.

She had just gotten back to her speeder when Elisea radioed in.

I just got done with my second-to-last name, will be back in a few.

The newly engaged couple were mid-conversation when the Hapan finally arrived, parking her speeder bike close by. “I got word they managed to stop the asteroid’s course, that’s good to hear.” Hopping off her vehicle, Hazel walked over to the pair.

Curious to see how they deal with the aftermath. General public didn’t seem like they caught on to what had been happening, so they might just brush it under the rug.

With that singular piece of news, a wave of relief washed over Nylea, though the sense of sadness she also felt could not be ignored. "His sacrifice saved countless lives. I will remember his name." Regardless of how one thought of any nation, any such act was one that demanded respect and admiration. As far as Nylea was concerned, and no doubt anyone who would learn of him, Vir Aetos was a hero.

Perhaps coming along with Elisea would indeed end up being a boring affair, but after the tension she felt this entire day she actually welcomed that. Besides, there wasn't much else she could do here and she was planning on going home together with her fiancé. "I will gladly come with you," her response sounded as such.

And then Hazel returned. A shiver went down Nylea's own spine, though from a different feeling of cold than Elisea had felt. She would likely never be comfortable around the hapan again, but that icy-cold tinge of buried fear was something she hoped to be rid of sooner rather than later. Luckily, the question Elisea asked was a good excuse to create some distance between herself and Hazel again.

"I left it on the shuttle. I will go get it for you," the echani answered as she quickly set off towards the ship they arrived in. Hopefully Hazel was gone by the time she returned.

Elisea Apollodor

E
lsnfmwM.png
"They did, they did, Aurek-47 is no longer," replied Elisea to Hazel Zanteres Hazel Zanteres as she watched Nylea step away from their conversation to grab a jacket. "Yeah, I'm not sure what the strategy is from here, but I do know there is a very large health system that I am going to need to integrate and get all the paperwork organized for the bosses to look over."
Alpinn was an otherwise relatively minor world all things considered, "there's definitely a lot more sparse land here, it'll be interesting if it's terraformed into farmland." The First Order always did enjoy collecting bread baskets. "How are you, by the way?"
Whatever personal feelings lingered, Elisea put them aside it'd been a while since she was able to really utilize her skill set. A former counselor was always still a counselor, "and you can answer that as you wish." But there was a knowing look from Elisea to Hazel if the latter wanted to further discuss something. "If you feel better, we can talk privately in my office tomorrow morning. Assuming I'm not asked to go play fetch again." Of course with the way things were going, it wouldn't be a surprise if Elisea got tossed at another assignment outside her job description.
When Nylea returned, Elisea was grateful for the jacket, "we should probably get started on the integration. I'm heading into the city if anyone wants to come with."

Rolf nodded in agreement, his jaw tensing as he recalled the sheer number of men and women lost under his command. Victory has its price. Natasi did have a point though, they were victories. Arguably, planned and executed nearly solely by the Colonel at times. The biting question still lingered, how much death was too much? Before the question could even hang in his mind it was like a switch went off. A kindling flame bursting to life as the tinder caught fire. Despite the robust flavor of the tea, he couldn't help but taste a hint of sour as "Galactic Alliance" and "Outer Rim Coalition" were spoken audibly. The First Order hadn't been blameless, no - but they could learn. They had learned. What they had learned during those early days of their conflict with the Alliance and Coalition had propelled them forward to greatness and beyond and here stood Natasi Fortan, offering a chance to realize their potential yet again. A potential that had been waylaid.

Rolf had always appreciated that the Grand Moff had always received his perspective well. Equal merit to them both, Natasi for her vision and Rolf for his brevity. "So you've tracked me all down so I can pin on a uniform again? I'm afraid I'm far out of touch with that life." he looked around. "I fear those enemies we made might also poison the well so to speak - should I rejoin the ranks of the First Order." he frowned. Perhaps that's what he was afraid of, less the prospect of returning but the prospect of failing again. "I've built a life here." he said. "It's not glamorous, there's no glory to be had. It's simple." he took another sip of his tea. Narrowing his eyes he spoke again. "There's no fooling you Natasi. This life is simple but it lacks the one thing that drives us both. Purpose." With a sigh he finished the glass of tea before speaking again. "There's nothing for me here." he admitted. "I'll rejoin your ranks - if you'll have me." Perhaps it was a bit ceremonious given their current setting but Rolf had become overwhelmed with emotion over the dredged up memories and the promise of a future. Sliding the chair aside he took a knee and bowed his head in deference. "Supreme Leader." On the outside it could have come across as a joke, perhaps insincere, but the truth of it was that Rolf had long struggled with a lack of purpose, a lack of direction, and the First Order could very well be the lifeline he needed.

skin, bone, and arrogance
Natasi was surprised but, admittedly, rather pleased when Rolf Amsel bent the knee before her. Finally, someone showing proper deference. "You've made the right choice, Colonel Amsel," said Natasi. "Not least because you're doing what I hoped for, but because -- and I was saving this in case you proved more intransigent than was good for you -- there is currently an asteroid hurtling towards Alpinn that would have killed you if you stayed and if the First Order forces in orbit weren't able to find a way to stop it." She glanced at her watch. "You have four hours to pack whatever you feel you'll need. My ship is just beyond the ridge."

She waited for him to stand again, set her tea down, and then reached into the pocket of her coat and withdrew a small black box. She flicked the lid open and offered it to him with a shiny, polished new Colonel rank badge. "I came prepared," said Natasi wryly, her eyes narrowing a little. "I had no intention of taking 'no' for an answer. I'm glad it didn't come to that."

The Supreme Leader picked up her tea again. "This is a charming place," said Natasi. "You're free to replicate it at Loch Weald, but I must confess I rather prefer the old structure." She smiled and took another drink. "Do you need a hand packing? I'm here to help."

Lydia Reed

L
Four hours later...

As usual, Henry Finn-Camden had parleyed his role as chief propagandist and financial backer for the First Order to get his reporting team access to a promising location. Lydia sat in a conference room aboard the FIV Concordia in front of a portable lighted mirror and was finishing up applying her makeup while the camera tests were completed. Beyond the transparisteel window that dominated the space, the remains of Aurek-47 were flaming through space, well clear of Alpinn. Disaster had been averted. The view was breathtaking; that was the reason the room had been chosen.

"Have you decided?" Henry's disembodied voice came through her comlink's speaker. "Need to get it to the graphics people."

Lydia finished applying mascara and batter her eyelashes in the mirror a few times. "I don't know, Henry. Doesn't it feel disrespectful not to use my legal name?"

"Not really. People know you as Lydia Finn-Camden. Think of it like a stage name. Besides, it's not like Jon watches the news." He adopted a stuffy aristocratic tone. "It's fahhh too common."

Lydia smirked. "Fine. Finn-Camden it is."

"Good," said Henry. "Knock 'em dead. You're live in two mintues. We'll all be watching."

"No pressure," said Lydia, then disconnected. She examined herself once more in the mirror then closed it, shutting down the lights. "Ready for me?" she asked her cameraman. He nodded and directed her to where to stand, making minor adjustments as the countdown timer ran down. Lydia looked into the camera, her gaze steely. When the timer reached zero, she read from the prompter: "This is a Camden Media Group news alert; I'm Lydia Finn-Camden. Stunning revelations today as the effort of First Order scientists and armed forces have saved thousands of lives here in the Alpinn system. As you can see behind me, several shards of asteroids remain from the massive rogue asteroid dubbed Aurek-47 that was, until recently, on a collision course with Alpinn."

She paused. You know, for gravitas. "We are being told now that the First Order's military was able to destroy the asteroid, causing it to splinter into what Navy officers tell us were 'manageable pieces'. Those that posed a threat to settled planets were blasted by the First Imperial Navy. There were minor casualties involved. The Ministry of Defense will release the names once the families have been notified, but we are told by the Ministry spokesman that the casualties were, I quote, the result of an heroic sacrifice, the last, greatest measure of devotion to the First Order and its ideals."

Lydia paused once more, then went on: "In better news, thanks to the bravery and sacrifice of the First Order's armed forces, the Alpinn Mining Corporation which owned and administered the mining colony here, have agreed to sign over their interest in the company to the First Order. Foreign Secretary Westaway tells us they will be working to appoint a provision governor to assess the needs of Alpinn and its citizens. For now, the Foreign Office will assume direct control of Alpinn. The former board members of the Alpinn Mining Corporation have not been reached for comment."

She smiled tightly into the camera as it beamed her image across the First Order. "For the Camden Media Group Network, I'm Lydia Finn-Camden. Back to you in the studio."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom