Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ghosts of the Past

Cynna was always an early riser and even more so now with Maddie to keep her busy. It was hard at times juggling motherhood and a career but somehow she managed. She was lucky that the hospital had a daycare she could drop her little one off at during her shift. When it was lunch time she would go visit her and eat with her as she really did love spending time with her daughter. She wouldn't trade Maddie for the world, she was her little angel and in no way a mistake.

Strapping Maddie into her stroller she took off on her morning run. She would normally head around in a circle around the Jedi Temple were it was safe and the grounds were so pretty this time of year. It was the perfect place to go and it was always quite. She enjoyed running in silence as that was her time to just relax as Maddie normally slept during her run which was one thing she was grateful for beyond belief.

@[member="Hawk Solo"]

@[member="Cynnamon Crane"]

The sun was beginning to burn off the morning mist that had settle around the Temple. Hawk began each day with a quick run around the temple before heading into breakfast than spent the day training with his Master Iella E'ron . It was hard work training as a Jedi.

He been having trouble sleepimg lately. He kept having dreams about his past. A woman that he had a fling with. He couldn't understand why she was on his mind lately. He hadn't thought about her in a couple of years. The relationship only lasted a few months before he left.

Then through the mist he saw a flash of her blonde hair. Great now he was having vision of her in the daytime. He shakes his head dismissing the thought he continues running. She grew clearer the closer he came until he tripped over the stroll he hadn't notice. She wasn't a vision....she was real.

Cynna stopped as someone ran into the stroller and toppled over it which woke up Maddie from her slumber. While leaning over the stroller she glanced over for a brief second to make sure the man was alright before turning her attention back on her daughter. "I'm so sorry about that. Are you alright?" She didn't recognize the man that she had a fling with but she wasn't thinking about him. Cynna had too much on her plate trying to get Maddie to stop crying.

Eventually she ended up unbuckling her from the stroller and picking her up to which the little one immediately stopped crying. Maddie was smart she knew how to get what she wanted from her mother. It was hard to say no to her little girl ever. She had never seen anybody out here this early so this was a little bit of a surprise for her. "I'll have to be more careful next time."

She had never told Maddie's father that he had a daughter but that was not because she didn't want to. She just didn't know how to get a hold of him. Cynna wasn't looking for anything from him just thought it would be right for him to know about Maddie as she was sure one day she would want to know about him. Cynna wasn't going to look too hard though after all he was the one whom left her.

@[member="Hawk Solo"]

Hawk landed in the brushes. His knee had a nasty gash. Blood was leaking out of the wound. "Sorry, I wasn't paying attention. Is the little girl okay?" He asks as he slowly stands. Good nothing seem to be broken. He didn't want to go to healer and explain this. He was already getting a reputation of always being hurt.

He gets a good at the woman holding the baby girl. "Cynna?" He says a little unsure. "Is that you? It me.. Hawk." He hopes that she remember him. It had been a long time ago.

@[member="Hawk Solo"]

"She'll be fine, just a little spooked is all. She was sleeping." Cynna smiled lightly kissing the little one on the check as she held her little one close. The man looked familiar but at the moment she couldn't place him. Cynna knew him from somewhere but she couldn't place him anywhere.

"Hawk, wow hi. Are you sure your alright? How have you been? It's been forever." Cynna gulped a little holding Maddie closer. Her daughter had Hawk's eyes or rather their daughter. She didn't even know where to begin to tell him about her so for now she wouldn't. Cynna would worry about fixing up his knee for now if he would allow her to of course. "Are you sure your alright? You should let me look at your knee," she nodded setting Maddie back down in the stroller.

"Yeah if you don't mind taking a look at it." He limps over to a nearby stone bench. He sits down carefully. "Glad that she is okay. I would have felt bad if she had gotten hurt. She's cute. Is she yours?" It doesn't surprise him that Cynna has a kid. She was always talking about having a big family when they were together. She was probably married to some wealthy doctor.

@[member="Hawk Solo"]

"Thanks, ya she is mine. I wasn't expecting her but Maddie is my whole world. I couldn't imagine my life without her," she turned around to smile at her daughter before going back to looking at his knee. He had definitely scraped himself up good this time but he always seemed to be getting himself hurt. "It looks like just a scrap so you should be alright though I suggest washing it up though when you get back. Surprisingly enough I don't have my kit with me. Anyway, how are you? What are you doing here?"

The way they had left things wasn't desirable and seeing him again left Cynna with mixed feelings. It was nice seeing him again but at the same time the hurt she felt when he left was coming back to her now. If she told him about Maddie she was worried about what he would do. He may want nothing to do with her or he may want to try to take her away from her. It was best to say nothing.

He smiles and nods as he listens to Cynna talk about being a mom. He was happy to hear that it wasn't too serious. "I am surprised that you don't have your kit. You used to take it everywhere. I remember one time you even took it on our picnic lunch." He mentally kick himself about mentioning that date. It was their last date they went on before Hawk took off. Things were getting to serious for him to handle so he took off the next day. He went back to the life of smuggling.

"I live around. I'm training to be a Jedi." He pauses waiting for her to laugh. Most people who knew him thought it was funny that he wanted to be a Jedi. The man who thought the saying May the Force be with you was a curse.

@[member="Hawk Solo"]

Cynna smiled lightly as he spoke about their last date. She never would understand why he left her or what she had done wrong to make him leave her. The three of them could have been a family and maybe even had more children but as it was she was a single mother with no time to even go look for a mister right. "Training to be a Jedi? Wow, that's different than the life of a smuggler. I didn't think you as something whom would stay put. That's great though, I'm happy for you. Would it be possible for use to catch up a little later? Dinner maybe?"

She wanted to tell him about his daughter as it was only fair to him but now didn't seem to be the right time. It was a delicate subject and in honestly she was surprised that he hadn't figured it out himself as the dates and her age matched up. It was good though as she didn't want him to freak out in front of Maddie.

"Sure dinner will be great." He glanced at his watch. "Frak. I'm going to be late for breakfast." He stands and gives her his com codes. "Just pick place and let me know. Sorry I gotta run." He still had to shower and change into his robes for breakfast.

He limps back to the Temple. His mind kept going back to the little girl. Their was something very familiar about her.

Cynna sighed as she watched him run away. He was going to be the death of her one of these days or she was going to end up pregnant again. Once he was out of sight Cynna left herself as it was high time that she get ready for work. She would have to find a babysitter since she was having this outing tonight. This was in no way a date. She just was looking to catch up and tell him the truth about Maddie.

It was easy enough for her to find someone at the hospital to take care of her daughter as everyone there thought she was just the cutest and so well behaved too. The hard part was picking out a place to meet him and what to wear for this outing. Once she picked a burger place on the outskirts of town she messaged him the directions so that he could meet her there. It was casual which was what she wanted because than it couldn't be misinterpreted as something else.

She couldn't help but think about the chance meeting all day. Hawk had a way of getting under her skin and she couldn't resist him. She never thought in a million years that she would see him again and it looked like perhaps he had changed. Cynna wouldn't get her hopes up though after all now a days she had responsibilities.

@[member="Hawk Solo"]

His chance meeting with Cynna had rattled him a little bit. He couldn't find his focus. He was off all day. His mind kept wandering back to the little girl. Even his Master Iella commented on it. They ended their training session early because of his lack of focus. He apologize and promised to better tomorrow.

He received Cynna message about their dinner date. Was it a date? Or just old friends catching up? He really didn't know. He wasn't sure if he wanted a girlfriend at this point in his training. He wouldn't have much time to give her. He wouldn't mind have a fling but serious a relationship not at this point.

He decided against going in the robes. He wanted it to more low key causal like. He put on a pair of black jeans and a blue shirt to match his eyes. He brushes his hair. He was so glad that he had decided against the padawan braid. It was nice being able to go out and not look like a Jedi.

Since he didn't have his swoop bike with him. It was on the ship. He didn't feel like getting it. He took local transportation to the burger joint. He hoped that the food was good. He was starving. He had skipped lunch today to spend the time in mediation.

@[member="Hawk Solo"]

"If anything happens, you know were to find me," she nodded as she handed Clare the list of instructions that Cynna had wrote down. It wasn't often she left her little girl alone. She hated leaving Maddie alone like this to go out on what a dinner date? No, never again with him. She had learned her lesson this was just her doing what she believed was right. Her focus had to be her child she had time for nothing else.

Clare eventually pushed her out the door telling her everything would be alright and to have fun. Her friend knew that Cynnamon never went out like this and let loose. She ought to try it again sometime like now.

It wasn't long before Cynna arrived at the burger joint. She had gotten there a little early so that she could get a seat and wait for him. She knew how super silly it was but she was nervous about what she had to say.

Hawk arrived a little late. The public transportation took longer than he anticipated. He walks into the burger place. It wasn't too busy. He was able to spot Cynna waiting for him.

He flashes her his most charming smile as he approached the table. "Hi. Sorry I'm late. Traffic." He sits down across from her. "How have you been?" he asks as he glances at the menu. Good they had milkshakes. He was dying for one. It been too long since he had any junk food.

@[member="Hawk Solo"]

"Ya, traffic can get hectic around this time. I have been good, busy but really good. I'm lucky the hospital I work at has a daycare I can drop Maddie off at. How are you doing? What is it like being a Jedi? That just seems like a big jump from being a smuggler."

Picking up a menu she glanced through it wondering what she ought to get. Normally she cooked so this was a real treat. She would have to get her little one a milkshake to go before she left. "Anything you want is on me after all this was my suggestion." She was thinking of getting a strawberry milkshake and a burger.

"It hard to explain. It a feelimg of being connected to everything. I'm still trying to figure everything out." He put the menu down and looks at her. "Yeah it is a big jump. One day I was happy being a smuggler the next day it was like switched turn on in my head. I was having these visions that came true. It freaked me out. I went to the Order to gain more control. Now I am a Padawan. "

He frown slightly at her picking up the bill. "Can't let you paid. I am old fashion that way." The waitress stop by and took their order. "I'll have a chocolate shake, a burger with everything on it and fries. She will have a strawberry shake and a burger. " he says ordering for them.

@[member="Hawk Solo"]

"Visions? Do you get visions all the time?" She wondered what type of visions he saw. That sounded really interesting as she didn't know many Jedi. Cynna knew about the healers and she admittedly was a little jealous they could do what she could with such ease.

Cynna would have protested him paying but she knew that wouldn't work. He would protest himself so she would let him pay though she did hope he wasn't thinking this was a date thing. "Thanks, I just thought we should catch up you know. It's been a lot time and things have happened. Maddie for instance." She wasn't exactly sure how to say what she wanted to say so instead she was kind of hinting at something or just confusing him.

"Sometimes. I mostly get my visions when I'm sleeping." He says with softly. "I usually don't have day time ones. That why I didn't see you when I was running. I thought I was having a rare day time vision." He left it unsaid but it was implied that he was having visions of Cynna when he was sleeping.

"Anyways, tell about Maddie? She's a cute. Look a lot like you."

@[member="Hawk Solo"]

The thought of him having visions of her almost made her blush. She didn't think he had ever thought of her again. Cynna on the other hand was daily reminded about him. Maddie was a reminder of their fling and she chose to remember the good parts of it.

"Thanks, she has her father's eyes though. Maddie is a smart, well behaved two year old. She loves it when I come visit her during my breaks. I try my best to actually take lunch so I can see her. Her favorite food is Mac and cheese. I swear I make it every night for us. It's just the two of us, her father isn't in the picture. She's really smart and talks really well for a two year old. I don't know where I would be without her."

"That's too bad that Maddie's dad isn't involved in her life. Poor kid." He says feeling bad for the little girl. The waitress set down their milkshakes. Hawk take a sip of his chocolate shake. It tasty just like heaven.

"If you don't mind me asking what happen with her Dad?" Hawk ask innocently. He obviously wasn't think that the girl was his blood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom