Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ghosts of our past

Ex-Solider | Ex-Spy | Doctor
Luther Ando
Location: Yularen Public Hospital - Federal District - Coruscant
[member="Lannik Hayes"] | [member="Kyle Whir"]
qXyvuq9.png
“Yeah sorry” Luther said. “Everyone looks small when you’re as tall as I am”. He gave a smile that looked genuine but felt fake. Now that he was starting to get a grip on reality, he could feel a hollow feeling creep in. He listened with interest as Lannik continued talking, more on topic this time. The man kept referring to another man, ‘Whir’ he supposed, like Luther was meant to understand who that was. He opened his mouth to inform his visitor of his ignorance, but he was interrupted by a sound at the door.

The nurse that entered had that happy-go-lucky attitude that Luther despised. His look of thinly veiled contempt was quickly replaced with confusion as the man informed him that it was sent by his ‘wife’. He stared at the flowers with suspicion, peering between the petals as the nurse continued talking. There was no sign of hidden devices and the flowers didn’t explode in his face. He supposed the gift was genuine then, and not an elaborate assassination attempt.

He looked up as the nurse gestured to the door. He’d missed the guards before, but at their mention he could see an armoured shoulder poking past the edge of the doorframe. Fortunately for him, flower delivery seemed to be the nurse’s only duties. The man announced his departure, but not before reassuring Luther that he wouldn’t be far away, he only needed to call. “Not likely” Luther muttered. Lannik in the meantime was howling with laughter. Something about the word: ‘wife’ was funny to the man. Luther didn’t get it.

He gave the officer a minute to recover, reading the card as Lannik’s laughter faded. The card was plain, unadorned, and simply read: ‘Hope you're feeling better, Andy. I'll be there soon. -K.’ He stared at the card, feeling a bizarre sense of familiarity as he read the words. He’d only ever known one person to call him Andy, but he hadn’t spoken to her in a very long time. The signature of ‘K’ did make him wonder though.

“Not every day that I meet someone who wants to openly admits of wanting to pry” Luther said, turning towards Lannik. “But I suppose that is a policeman’s job. If you insist on trying to solve this conundrum yourself, Mr Hayes, then by all means”. Luther pivoted in his bed, his legs now hanging off the side, his body angled towards Lannik. He flicked the card towards the man and continued speaking. “I don’t have a wife or a husband. I've never had one. In fact, the last person I ever loved died during a skirmish with the Ssi-ruuk”. He and Tia had a messy break up, but her death still hit him like a ton of bricks.

“While you figure that brain teaser out, I think I’ll take a quick stroll down to the nearest spaceport”. He lowered himself onto the floor quickly, too quickly. His legs wobbled once and gave out beneath him. He fell sprawling onto the carpet, letting out a small grunt as he did so. Fortunately, he was dressed in his modest undergarments, and not a patient gown. Otherwise he would have flashed the good officer.

“Blast, help me up would you Hayes?”

jglqVQQ.png

Kyle Whir,
Yularen Public Hospital
Tags: [member="Luther Ando"], [member="Lannik Hayes"]
Nearby: [member="Luther Ando"], [member="Lannik Hayes"]
OoxaH5I.png
"You shouldn't trust him, he could he here to kill us." Amur's voice snarled in a toothy through the recesses of her mind but Kyle's head cocked to the right while listening to the Coruscant Security Force Officer, clad head to toe in Field Dress.

They were in the lobby of the hospital. "Yeah Sarge, just up those stairs to the forth floor. Turn right they're in room number three-oh-two." Kyle ran both hands and the filthy fingernails through the strands of maple-brown hair growing from her crown before reaching down and hooking index and middle finger through the thin aluminium coat hanger's semi-loop.

What would she say? What could she say? After all this time and everything that had happened not just on Coruscant but on Dosuun. "I'll take every admonishment." Kyle thought taking an unnecessary breath sharply through pursed lips. "Can you hold onto this for me until I come back down?" Kyle's left-hand reached down to some kind of antiquated slugthrower with a revolving chamber in it's receiver. She could feel the Security officer blink taken back by the request.

If it had been anybody else Security Officer Vlastni would have gone for their own weapon but this was Sergeant Whir he was talking with, despite the fact she'd been thrown off the investigation due to her relationship with a suspect he wouldn't have suspected for a second "Uh, sure Sarge." His gauntlet loosely secured around the forty-five calibre revolver's oak hand-grip. Its' barrel was long and receiver heavy.

The ascent upto the forth floor felt like the longest walk Kyle had ever taken in their life far exceeding the length of any First Order Star Destroyer or Battlecruiser, part of Kyle's mind almost wished they were dead in this moment. But not Amur, oh no. Amur was chuckling his sharp knives for teeth clenched together audibly like a low-buzzing sound at the back of her brain. Arriving on the forth-floor her step paused Hazel eyes pursed shut she cursed under her breath. "What are you doing? This is utterly silly, something out of a dream. Is this even real? Have I gone insane, still sitting in a psych hospital room?"

Amur cackled. "What you don't know can't hurt you, Death Trooper. Go on now, it's not far." Her boots thudded against the floor with purpose this time, the chatter buried in right pocket of her jeans buzzed loudly she ignored it for now probably just Father wondering when and if his beloved daughter would be home for dinner. Kyle arrived at the door three-oh-two and stopped just out of sight of the transparisteel strip down it's centre gripping the handle she depressed it gently and steadily entered to find Luther sprawled across the ground with Lannik sitting in a chair like some sassy aristocratic women sipping, was that coffee?

Kyle didn't visibly smile but amusement could be heard on their voice, they were dressed casually in jeans and a blouse wearing a pair of Coruscant Security Force issue field dress uniform boots like those worn by the ones standing outside the door, Whir hadn't bothered to change. Noticeably there was an empty holster fastened around the tall woman's right thigh. Based on the fact Luther's head pointed in the direction of door, she concluded he'd attempted to leave. "Unfortunately, you can't go anywhere and will be reporting to Coruscant Security Force daily pending the conclusion of their prosecution. You're on bail, not free there is a distinct difference." Whir's voice if nothing else would be startlingly familiar to Luther.

"Thank you for looking after him Lan." Kyle rested the suit bag on a chair to her left and folded arms over breast before studying Luther more closely beneath their judging gaze. "It has been a while Andy, apologies for the deception. Coruscant Security Force policy, Officers aren't supposed to identify themselves on-duty. It's an Officer safety issue, we're anonymous hence the vocal distorters, uniforms and helmets." Kyle spoke with a militant formality befitting somebody who had been raised as a Soldier, as a juvenile she remembered two things: The waves and life on Kamino and then Dosuun with the Government that became the First Order.

Kyle made a gesture to her visage visibly drawing attention to it. "Saved my life on Dagobah, Andy" She explained with a fleeting pursed lip smirk. "I guess we're even now." The statement was followed by a wry brief chuckle. "You're going to put that on. This might be kind weird, but I remembered your bodysuit dimensions from the Ef-Oh Ex-Dee suits on Mephout." The mention of the dead city's proving ground could only confirm Luther's suspicion that this woman Whir walked through its' desolated streets alongside him more than six years ago. Kyle's left-hand nominated the suit bag before both pairs of fingers locked behind back pulling her body taut and straight, proud. "But first, you've probably got questions. I'll answer, nothing held back."

Looking towards Lannik and the Coffee her face scrunched together holding a dismenbodied coffee mug in right hand and pointed her imaginary beverage with the other one. "Got any more of that, Lan?"

Lannik Hayes, Obnoxious Visitor
Equipment: A bouquet of sunbursts, a box of sandwiches, flask of strong caf
Location: Yularen Public Hospital, Federal District, Coruscant
Tags: [member="Luther Ando"] | [member="Kyle Whir"]

A5uaNL3.png

Lannik averted his eyes to give the other a semblance of privacy as he read the card, staying quiet as stared at the frayed edge of the legs of his pants. It wasn’t until Ando spoke again did the stormtrooper looked back up at him… and let out a rather inelegant snort. “Never saw the point in hiding the obvious,” he explained, shrugging a shoulder indolently as he took a sip of caf, letting out a deep sigh of satisfaction as he melted further into his seat. “Nah, I’m no law enforcement officer. That’s Whir.

He arched a brow at the obstinate male as he shifted to face him, feeling the measuring weight of the cool blue gaze on his person. Just when Lannik thought that Ando was about to reach out for the mug he had refilled, the sneak flicked the white card at him. With a put upon expression on his face and crossed eyes, the brunet puffed out a gust of air, blowing the card before it smacked into his face.

In general, the sergeant was never one to easily believe in the words of others. Yes, he may give them the benefit of doubt, but it was always taken with a pinch of salt. Because most beings are karking liars, intentional or not. Though he would not claim to be an expert in reading body language or perceiving lies, there was no reason for Ando to deny the relationship, nor lie to him. Simply because it was easier to keep him contented with something he already believed in, especially if he wanted Lannik's continuous cooperation.

Why would Whir claim Ando as his husband then?

The mystery continued to deepen.

Before he could burn more brain cells ruminating on the new angle he has been presented with, the Little Sneak That Could was apparently also a model patient. Which meant that like Lati, he attempted to make a run for it before even a day was up. Keyword: Attempted. With a look of utter weariness on his mien, Lannik could only sigh when the other spilled onto the carpet and revealing too much his bare legs in the process. Scandalous!

Not even twenty four hours and you’re plotting a daring escape?” For someone who looked on the verge of death and made him think that a good stiff wind could send him to his grave only yesterday, Ando sure was spirited. Were hospitals that much of a purgatory that everyone was raring to leave? And if so, why hasn’t he been informed so he could also escape their nefarious clutches?

And of course, that was when someone had to walk in to him looking like a heartless kark.

With widened eyes and clutching his mug like how a lady clutched at their pearls, Lannik turned to look guiltily at the… exceedingly tall lady that stood at the entrance.

He blinked, wondering who was she and what was with fate pairing him up with people who towered over him.

I’m average in height, for Maker’s sake!

And then, the statuesque woman began to speak, the amusement in her voice making the stormtrooper wonder if she could somehow read his thoughts and took note of his developing crisis, though her words were directed to their wannabe escape artist.

Lannik blinked again when she addressed him in a casual manner.

Wait. What?

The only person that has called him ‘Lan’ recently has been Wh–

Wait one karking moment.

WHIR?!?!

He was as still as a boulder as his brain began to click and piece things together. So, the person whom he thought a male was apparently a female and– Lannik sucked in a deep breath and used his free hand to pinch a huge chunk of flesh on his thigh.

Fething OW, you kriff.

Ascertaining that he was indeed in realityland and not dreamland, the stormtrooper could only look upon Whir in bewilderment as she continued to speak to Ando… in an attempt to convince him of… something? And when the law enforcement officer finally turned to regard him once more, Lannik narrowed his eyes, looking between the two giants.

At her plea, he deflated, reaching for the spare mug and poured more warm caf for the sergeant. But as he held it out for her to take, the stormtrooper looked up at Whir with a serious expression.

You may have the caf, but only after you answer this very important question for me. Is whatever I’m about to hear going to get me killed?

Luther Ando
qXyvuq9.png
He should have expected his companion to give lip instead of real help. Luther sighed pushed himself up into a sitting position, resting his head against the side of the bed and closing his eyes. He heard another person enter but he didn’t bother to open his shut eyelids. He was done with visitors, the one he had was enough of an annoyance. Indeed, the woman seemed to be yet another solider-guard type, or whoever was running the security force now. She informed him that he was under some sort of house arrest and wouldn’t be leaving. Luther froze; there was something familiar in her voice. Was it an old enemy, long forgotten person returning for revenge? He was almost afraid of opening his eyes. But he did, because not knowing seemed worse.

He recognized her instantly, a recognition that only siblings, or those close enough, could attain. They’d gone through hell together, twice. Once on Dagobah and once again under the knife. It was said that trauma brought people together, and they had both suffered much. “Hello, Kyli” he said. “You’re looking well”. His simple response covered the system shock his brain was going through. Ghosts of his past were appearing out of thin air, fully realized and made flesh. He was almost tempted to throw something at her. Just to make sure she was real.

He continued listening as he slowly levered himself up onto to the bed. He scowled at Lannik, but the man was looking at puzzlement at Kyli and paying no attention to Luther. His legs were wobbling less now, and with considerable effort, he managed to return to sitting on the edge of the bed. “We’ve been even for a long-time partner” Luther said after she finished. “You’ve had my back on plenty of ops. Figures you’d show up now”. He wasn’t quite sure how he felt about seeing her. He’d done his best to shrug off the past, but here was an intense reminder walking right through his door. But even as his survival told him to run and hide, told him not to think about the past, he had to smile. It’d been so long since he’d been with someone he could trust.

“I’m not in the business of getting answers anymore, Kyli” he said, wincing as the ache in his legs started to return. It was only slight however, not nearly as bad as his episode. “I take it you are this 'Whir' I've been hearing about" A memory of last night popped into his brain, the one where he begged her to kill him. He quickly banished the thought and continued. "Telling everyone that you’re my spouse is amusing, but you’ve actually done me a favour. My next of kin would actually be Naomh, and I certainly don’t want to deal with her right now”. His half-sister had been a thorn in his side for a long time. God knows what she’d do if she found him bedridden and penniless on Coruscant. Burst out laughing no doubt.

“I can't stay in this room forever, Kyli” he said, wearily. “There is a price on my head. I’m leaving as soon as I can walk”. He turned towards Lannik now and gestured towards one of the sandwiches. “I’ll have one of those, thank you Hayes”. He snatched the morsel as it came close and took a large bite. He instantly fought an urge to spit the food out, instead forcing himself to swallow the vile substance. “It’s delicious” he lied, with an unconvincing smile.

jglqVQQ.png

Kyle Whir,
Yularen Public Hospital
Tags: [member="Luther Ando"], [member="Lannik Hayes"]
OoxaH5I.png
"Kyle" who Luther had correctly deduced was one and the same with Kyli DT-6767 based on her distinct voice and its' Kaminoan-stained Imperial tone in combination with the woman's visage. Kyle offered a mocking theatrical bow struggling not to let her lips crack into a toothy grin, she didn't chuckle although laughter and amusement could be heard on the vowels and consonants that came eloquently out of her mouth. "For once in my life I'm glad that somebody recognizes me." Now Kyle was smiling and warmly at that.

Taking a couple measured steps forward with a pursed lip curved line forming in her mouth its' corners dimpled quaintly, evidently since leaving the First Order she had been smiling with significantly greater frequency but this couldn't have come entirely as a surprise. The Stormtrooper Corps raised the woman afterall and had forfeited the 'normal' upbringing she might have otherwise experienced in a Dosuun Orphanage. In an uncharacteristically affectionate display regardless if Ando wanted it or not Kyle welcomed him to Coruscant's Federal District with a nearly crushing embrace. "Thanks, you look good too." She paused with an unseen mischievous grin chin on Luther's shoulder.

"For a man who six hours ago looked like a chattering drenched rat." Kyle pulled away gently from Luther taking a step back but not before giving his right elbow an excited slap, she could hardly believe the fortune that had brought them together again regardless it made the former member of ALPHA Team visibly happy and elated to see him alive. Luther asked about 'Whir' and she chuckled "Yes. I am Kyle Whir, it is an identity I created after Father rescued me. It's based on my 'old' name I guess you'd say." 'Kyle' didn't elaborate on that last part but it would help explain why all mention of a 'Kyli DT-6767' had dissapeared. Luther might not have been aware at all that Kyli had needed rescuing and that might have raised some questions, rescuing from who?

Almond-shaped hazel eyes narrowed her lips stuck in a smirk and she fought with herself using discipline to prevent behaving like what she was, a barely middle twenties-odd woman who was absolutely ecstatic. "Telling the hospital staff that I am your wife was the easiest way to avoid all the damn questions and having to offer an explanation." Kyle shrugged her contoured powerful shoulder casually. "It worked, and that's what I needed it to do." Luther suddenly turned anxious again, eager to escape she held up a palm and waved it steadily. "Calm down Andy, Gods above. You're not going to be staying here, I'm moving you somewhere safe." She paused glancing over shoulder towards Lannik. "You're coming too chocolate Queen."

Lannik offered Luther one of those horrible hospital sandwiches and Kyle fought to burst out laughing at the pathetic lie he conjured and instead placed a palm over her mouth discretely and pursed eyes shut visibly convulsing for a moment before re-focusing on Andy. "We'll get you some real food too." Kyle pointed to the suit bag she'd left on the chair adjacent to door. "Get changed into that and we'll all leave." Picking up the suit-bag by its' coathanger she offered it expectantly towards Andy. "Unless flying in a speeder like that is your thing." She jested at Luther's expense before pivoting in a sharp motion towards the comically stunned Lannik who held a cup of fetid hospital coffee. "My thanks, Lan."

Kyle had developed somewhat of an addiction since joining Coruscant Security Force, it didn't even stimulate her nervous system on account of a reconstructed circulatory, endocrine and digestive system which robbed her the pleasure of experiencing just about any stimulant, depressant or any kind of drug most of the pleasure Kyle found in their lives was to be had in Dancing, Archery and the Disarmed fighting schools of the Echani and that Teras Kasi style she'd learned within the First Order. Lynda had made Kyle try dancing and the former had been gracious enough to teach the latter, it was something of a guilty pleasure but a pleasure none-the-less. "No, nothing you had is going to get you killed." Kyle smiled weakly. "But I wouldn't run around repeating any of it either." She paused, extending a hand towards Hayes for a formal introduction.

"I'm Kyli, Kyli Graf. You would have known me as Ef-En Sixty-Seven Sixty-Seven." She paused and smirked sheepishly towards Lannik. "If memory serves." Kyle pressed the index finger on left hand against bottom lip casting Hazel Eyes towards the ceiling thoughtfully while enjoying the 'pleasant' thrum of an MRI machine in some distant room. It was imperceptible to Lannik but very much tangible for Kyli. "You were a student at the Land Warfare Centre on an unrelated course while I was helping to train the second class of Death Troopers. I gave you some advice, we sort of became friends." With a shrug Kyle finished the rest of the rancid caffeinated beverage before effortlessly tossing it into a flap-bin across the room. "Was glad to find out you were alive, just couldn't say anything at the time."

Lannik Hayes, Accomplice
Equipment: A bouquet of sunbursts, a box of sandwiches, flask of strong caf

A5uaNL3.png
Kyli?

He hated it just when he thought he figured some things out, other things butted their unwelcome nose in. It was clear to even the most densest of idiots, not that Lannik was insinuating that he was one, that Ando and Whir has shared history from their conversation. And while they were far from being spouse, it did seem that there was genuine affection between the two giants as he– kriff it– she pulled the other male into a hug.

As he continued to listen, some things were made clearer, while others were not. But if anything, the brunet had quite a bit of patience when it came to waiting things out, considering that he often had to deal with a lot of bureaucracy due to his charge. It wasn’t until Ando reminded ‘Kyli’ of his precarious situation and waved for the sandwiches did the stormtrooper moved out of his stunned languid slouch, leaning over the side and opening the box of sandwiches for the other.

Looking at the male’s wan smile, Lannik grimaced and gave the remaining offenders a suspicious glance and sniff, before shucking it back on the overbed table. Shame on him for trusting the alien vendor when the being had assured him that the sandwiches were a hit. Looks like the only kind of hit it did to the tastebuds was the unpleasant kind.

Are you sure he’s well enough to even get out of here?” he said incredulously, breaking out of his stupor, gesturing in the coffee thief’s direction. “He was just flashing his legs at me a few minutes ago.” Completely disregarding the fact that he was shocked still that he forgot to help the other back into bed. “And I resent that, Jolly Giant.” Perhaps one would question the wisdom of sassing back someone who was obviously beyond normal, but Lannik has always been a believer of equality.

At both of their determination to ditch the hospital and her teasing words, the brunet turned a horrified glance at the male sitting on the bed. “Please no. I draw the line at breaking him out while he’s still in his undergarments.” Lannik arched a brow at the ex-spy. “Get changed if you want to get out of the hospital, Ando. My reputation depends on it.Completely ignoring the fact that he had none to speak of. It was the thought that mattered.

As Whirlwind Whir and Hurricane Hayes turned their attention to each other to give the other male a semblance of privacy to change, the stormtrooper gave the tall woman a shrug as she took the mug from him. “Depriving someone of caf is bad karma.” While he had been mostly kidding, it was still a bit of a relief to know that he wasn’t about to get into trouble.

Gotcha, I’ll keep my mouth shut.” After all, there was a reason why he was assigned to Agent Lati. And it was just not because they were able to put up with each other either.

When Kyle extended a hand towards him, Lannik placed his empty mug aside and stood up to take her hand. He was about to give the usual niceties spiel when the double whammy struck him. “You are Ef-En Six-Seven Six-Seven?!Kark. His student days at the Land Warfare Centre were some of his most awkward and embarrassing, filled with more failures than successes until he bucked up and got used to the strict military life. “We are never to speak of our time back then, ever again,” he narrowed his eyes at the sheepish smirk on her mien.

Graf?

Why did that family name sound so familiar?

He remember thinking how Kyle had uttered the given name of the High Chancellor so easily back on Byss and how he had received the new set of armour the very next day after they returned to base. “Tanomas!” he sputtered, pointing a finger at her, his manners forgotten at the connection of yet another two dots. “You’re his daughter?!” He wept inwardly and bid adieu to his dignity, for the tall woman was a witness to all his rants and breakdowns back in First Order.

Oh well. It’s unlikely that he’ll ever meet the Head Honcho in person anyway. And it’s similarly unlikely that Kyle, or Kyli, would ever bring up a lowly stormtrooper in a conversation with her father.

Feeling calmed by his logical thought process. Lannik shook her hands, snorting in amusement. While a part of him was pleased that the other remembered him after all this time, and that she was concerned enough to be glad to know he was alive, the male has never been the best at expressing his true thoughts in a blunt manner. “Well, Lati has always told me that I have the life expectancy of a dianoga. S’not that easy to get rid of me. But I’m glad to know you are alive as well, Kyli.

[SIZE=11pt]Still holding onto her hand, Lannik turned to steal a quick peek at the victim of their enthusiasm. “Oi, Luther. Ready to ditch this joint?[/SIZE]

Luther Ando
qXyvuq9.png

Seeing Kyli (or Kyle rather) was perhaps the last thing he expected to find on Coruscant. He felt a weird sort of nostalgia, accompanied by a flood of imagery. Memories from the First Order: pleasant ones like training and shore leave, paired with other horrific ones like Dagobah. And with all those memories came an old companion, one who was never wanted but had always been with Luther. The FOSB had nurtured Luther’s unhealthy paranoia, which in the end had made him an excellent operative. It had also ruined his relationship with Tia and alienated almost every friend he had. Except Kyli.

She was busy talking with Hayes, so he rose from the bed unsteadily. He snatched a cane he’d missed in his first great escape attempt and found that he could (just) manage to walk with the thing. He pulled back the patient screen, giving himself privacy from the others. He shuffled over to his old belongings, piled in the corner. They smelled awful, like death and desperation. He was glad the other had brought him a suit.

Luther rummaged through the remainder of his possessions. There was very little; he’d been on the run for a while and he needed to pack light. It looked like security had removed his hold-out blaster and his vibro-knife, so he’d have to bear with being unarmed for a while. The only thing that was vaguely useful was a tracking beacon he was going to use to track Crimson. That was unlikely to happen now.

He was about to condemn the entire pile when he stumbled upon a forgotten datapad. He stared at it, numb. ‘Time to leave Luther’ a voice whispered in his head. ‘You aren’t safe’. He gritted his teeth and clenched the datapad, his knuckles turning white. ‘That’s not true’ he retorted ‘I can trust Kyli, and Hayes is alright’. But even as he thought that he was booting up the pad, entering the code and activating the messaging system.

‘They can be trusted but can the CIC?’. He couldn’t tell the difference between his own thoughts and the paranoia now. ‘And what of the bounty? Stay still long enough and someone will find you…’. He slumped over as he realized he had no choice. ‘After all this I’m still a coward’ he thought, typing in his message to the contact.

<It’s time. I know you are on Coruscant. I need extraction.>

It didn’t take long for a response; she was prompt if nothing else.

<A rescue mission wasn’t what I had in mind when I agreed to owing you a favour. I’m going to need more before I commit.>

He hesitated, was this such a good idea? He shook his head, clearing away the doubt. Probably. She was dangerous, but he had no other choice. And he knew exactly what she wanted.

<I know the location of the FOSB archives. Assist me and the location, codes, details are all yours.>

The was a pause on the other end.

<Fine, how should I approach this?>

<I’ll activate a beacon; I’m sending you the frequency. I’m about to leave Yularen Public Hospital but to where I don’t know.>

<Alright, sounds possible.>

<One more thing. I want zero casualties, no one gets hurt.>

<No promises.>

He watched as screen turned dark, the communication over. The deed done, he snapped the pad in half and dropped it with the other junk he’d arrived in. Next was to activate the beacon, hinding it on his person as he started getting dressed. “Oi, Luther. Ready to ditch this joint?” Lannik said, poking his head around. Fortunately, Luther had managed to get most of the suit on and was currently tying his shoes. He let out a groan as he straightened up, leaning heavily on his cane.

“We’ll have to go slowly”. He winced as he began to shuffle forward. “I might to lean on you for most of the way Hayes”. He placed a hand on the man’s shoulder, not willing to wait for a response. “And we’ll need to pick up my meds, unless you want me to collapse and go crazy again”.

"Kyle Whir"
Yularen Public Hospital
Tags: [member="Luther Ando"], [member="Lannik Hayes"], [member="Tanomas Graf"]

OoxaH5I.png

"Kyle" offered a wry smile at Lan's jest about depriving somebody caffeine. "I find it entertaining that I continue to drink it despite knowing drugs have zero impact on my body. I'm not certain if it prevents or suppresses addictive impulses though." The dark brunette hair crowned woman nodded and continued to smirk noncommittal in response to Hayes steadily having an epiphany and connecting all of the dots together. With the realization she is the High Chancellor's Daughter, Lannik thrust an accusatory finger in Kyli's direction which she visibly didn't appreciate the smirk formed into a flat solid line. "Yes, you're correct." Her wrist gently guides Lan's finger away, obviously she found the gesture unsettling before the two of them shook hands and Hayes made a piggish snorting noise that the woman's augmented and sharpened senses found rather unpleasant to hear the smooth skin of her pale face wrinkled to the grating sound.

Luther swept back the patient partition around his bed, Kyli's ears could hear him rummaging through the belongings the hospital had relinquished back to him. "Most of your personal effects have been seized as evidence. It's in Security Force's custody pending the outcome of your trial." She cautioned with a calm tone. "As part of your bail conditions you have to present at a Coruscant Security Force station as nominated twice a standard day." Kyli continued from memory, picturing the paperwork left in her airspeeder from an eidetic memory one of the many boons bestowed upon her by Project: AFTERLIFE anything she actually bothered to learn was retained which had been highly valuable in her brief yet distinguished career with Coruscant Security Force. Kyli chuckled with a dry sadism at the pathetic scene of Andy shuffling forward and pleading with Lan for help to walk, his poor motor control was on the wrong side of hilarious for her nervous system and reaction time which was sharp enough to perceive the individual shafts of a swoop-pod moving at several thousand revolutions per minute.

"Already done, medication is back in the speeder." Kyli courteously held open the door for the pair of men, taking a sleeved sheet of paper from one of the Coruscant Security Force Officers who followed behind the trio towards their exit and out of hospital. On the way out Kyli received their large calibre six-cylinder revolver from a Security Force Officer who offered "Whir" curt apology after the woman inspected the pistol and found that it was empty of Projectiles, the Officer handed it back to their off-duty colleague unloaded. It slid into a polymer holster wrapped around Kyli's right thigh with two different active safety catches clicking softly, certainly not audible to patients or their next of kin waiting in the lobby over the sound of ambient conversation or chatter.

The first thing Lan and Luther would have noticed about their female friends' ride hovering quietly above the ground was its' startling claret-coloured panels, what followed that was the fact it possessed a sleek sporty closed chassis not an open top no Kyli wasn't so vain or decadent to demand open cockpits that wasn't her style she didn't appreciate the scent of smoke belched from factories towards the Sky. "I'm driving us home, you're both staying tonight. Not that Andy over there has a choice." She shot a toothy smug satisfied grin towards her dear old comrade. "Bail conditions include an inability to leave the premises for any purpose other than the prescribed reporting."

It was strangely exciting, extremely exciting even though Kyli had never truly relied on other people for emotional or moral support that didn't necessarily mean she avoided forming friendships though she didn't need them unlike many social butterflies who populated Coruscant's most upper and prestigious level. Some Citizens sadly lived their entire lives without being so high, living and dying in poverty and filth within the accursed underworld. But not Kyli, no. Not the Graf Family. Left-hand opened the passenger door situated on the airspeeder's left-side and slides its' seat forward exposing the cramped 2+2 configuration, to fit comfortably behind the front row you would have had to be a double-amputee at the Knees. "Lan, you're getting in the back." She said dryly. "You're regular sized unlike the two of us, so go in." Kyli held the seat forward for the Dwarfed man. "Don't worry, I won't let the seat whack you."

Lannik Hayes, Accomplice

A5uaNL3.png

The more you learn.

It must suck though, not getting the wonderful, most marvelous effects that caf had on a sluggish tired mind. Lannik lowered his digit, giving his companion a slightly chastised grin even as the other male leaned heavily on him. Letting out a soft 'oof' and rolling his eyes at Ando in a fondly exasperated manner, the brunet wrapped an arm around his waist to aid in keeping the other steady, his body straightening carefully as he slowly adjusted to the additional weight at his side.

"Only because you'll move slower than a geriatric if I don't." And if they were granting his stubborn arse's wish to leave without a doctor's say so, Lannik would prefer to move faster than the speed of hutt. The stormtrooper allowed Kyle– Kyli– It'll probably be a good few times before I get used to it, huh – to inform her longtime friend of all the finer details of his bail as Lannik shuffled towards the opened door, giving the taller female a nod of silent thanks as he shuffled the both of them out into the austere corridors of the hospital.

While it was more than a little weird, and definitely most intimidating to have the two unknown officers following behind them as they walked at a pace that was barely faster than a lame turtle, it definitely helped that they said nothing. Purely giving his focus on supporting and shifting to accommodate Ando's much heftier form, Lannik was content to remain silent as the trio of mismatched beings hobbled their way out of the hospital. Truly, for someone who looked as lean as the other male, his weight was substantial. And if it wasn't for the continuous conditioning and fitness level required of him as a stormtrooper, he would already have been heaving and huffing by now.

As it was, his breathing was already becoming a little heavy by the time their female companion were headed towards a sexy looking speeder. Looking at it with an appraising gaze, Lannik allowed a low whistle to escape him despite his slight weariness, shuffling the poor beleaguered Ando towards the passenger side that Kyli held open, making sure the other was able to lean against the vessel before he stepped in.

"Ha ha, very funny," he countered in a monotonous voice as he seated himself on the back, folding his legs as close to his body as possible to allow the front seat to be pushed back."Push your seat any further back, Ando, and our alliance will be considered null and void."

Luther Ando
[member="Lannik Hayes"] | [member="Kyli Graf"]
qXyvuq9.png
The pain in his legs was intense, but it was a good sort of pain. It was type you felt, say, after a long run. The sort of achy tiredness that promised you’d be stronger later. Not the wasting agony that he felt last as each muscle failed one at a time.

It was strange being back in the public. He’d spent years either chained to a desk or undercover and lately he’d been prowling only empty streets, his face hidden. As he shuffled down the corridor, ‘Kyle’ on one end and Lannik on the other, he felt exposed. That little nugget of fear was still inside him and his eyes flicked back and forth. Was there something in the corner of his vision? Was there someone hiding within the shadows of the cleaning cupboard? Did the guards always look so threatening? His fears were unfounded however, as the unlikely trio made it to the lobby unscathed. He received a few strange looks as he passed through the main entrance, but nothing too concerning. This was a hospital after all, and he wasn’t the only lame patient.

He snorted in amusement as he saw their ride. He remembered that regulation speeders the FO used were perhaps the dullest vehicle he’d ever witnessed; and it surprised him none that Kyli had gone for the exact opposite. He could appreciate the style of the vehicle but was hardly pleased with the ostentatious of the vehicle. ‘Not exactly inconspicuous’ he thought. At least it would help HER find him, but maybe someone else if he was unlucky enough.

“Let’s hope you drive this better than you do a tank” Luther joked, knowing full well the woman was an excellent pilot. He entered the vehicle, Lannik taking the seat behind him and immediately scolding him about adjusting the seat. He gave one of his classic Luther scowls, totally wasted as the man couldn’t see him, and looked down as his foot nudged a strange object. The vehicle took off as he stared in wonder at the translucent case. Sealed inside were twelve vials, each containing a dark viscous liquid. The tag attached case confirmed what he suspected.

“This has enough meds to last me a year. It must have cost a fortune!” he exclaimed. He looked at Kyli in wonder, once again questioning if his escape was such a good idea. He shook the feeling off. It was too late now. He instead pivoted in his seat, wincing slightly, to face the passenger in the back. “I know all about this one” he said, jerking a thumb towards the driver. “But I've heard little about you Hayes, save from your mutterings to my semi-conscious self. Wanna give me a rundown?” Luther’s tone implied that it was more of a command than a suggestion.

Kyli Graf
Yularen Public Hospital
Tags: [member="Luther Ando"], [member="Lannik Hayes"], [member="Tanomas Graf"]

OoxaH5I.png
Kyli's hazel spheres narrow towards the dusky-skinned Hayes as he folds his ankles atop one-another on the back seat, calling it a 'back seat' was certainly generous and she had to wonder why the engineers who had designed it even bothered to include it rather than favouring an increase in cargo storage space. "Don't be petulant, Lan." Using one-hand Kyli flippantly slides the seat on its' mounting rails back towards Lannik imprisoning the poor lad behind a tall bucket-like hugging seat, she then courteously got out of the way of Luther who made some joke at Kyli's expense regarding her driving skills which purchased a gentle scowl. "Oh Shut-up Andy." There existed a scowl upon the pallor of brow but a wry smirk on her full pursed lips, Kyli's hand guided down the raised door of the passenger seat and then rounded deftly on the Airspeeder to the Driver's seat.

She dropped down into the driver's seat with a feather's weight door folded down closed behind Kyli her foot depressed the brake which was followed by index finger pressing against a red button. The claret coupe airspeeder's repulsors hummed pleasantly to life tantalizingly thrumming against Kyli's skin through her clothes offering a therapeutic massage against weary shoulders. Despite the woman's lofty stature she was possessed by a certain waifish strength and quality which made the slender stout fingers on modestly sized dexterous hands look disproportionately small in comparison, Kyli entered in her home address into the automatic guidance system. "I can't be bothered to drive today." She confessed with a tired sigh. "I'll just let the skylanes do their thing." And so the Airspeeder did exactly that, its' automated droid brain operated the craft's Repulsors with inorganic proficiency and precision.

Luther hefted up some Duraplast case and opened it while Kyli watched with a very subtle faint but unmistakable precursor to a smug grin making itself known on her pursed lips. "A fortune? No. I get it made at a compound pharmacy on prescription, same ingredients. The Interstellar Manufacturing Corporation has taken over making the brand-name cocktail." She reached across the electric transmission box sitting along the chassis floor its' body concealed in a Plastoid Shaft, Kyli gripped Andy's shoulder and gave him a playful shake. "And here you are, trying to buy the brand-name First Imperial stuff from a convicted black market drug and spice dealer." Shaking her head in a mock display of disapproval. "Insane you, truly is insane." Kyli joked and thrusted the steepled fingers of a hand playfully at the man's kidneys with a chuckle, she enjoyed tormenting Luther in particular because unlike Rexus or Twigg he was prior to their augmentation and training unhardened by war and took particular pleasure in teasing him.

It had started five years ago as nasty comments levied against his competence and steadily warmed into something distinctly more friendly and even affectionate, the manner in which Kyli treated those who she cared about on a personal level was a far-cry from the professional dour miserable coldness and stoicism she maintained in public life. While Lannik and Luther conversed they might not have noticed the Imperial Palace and its' beautiful stone walls growing ever larger as the trio's skylane-guided path brought them ever closer. "He's like us." Kyli began, answering Luther's demanding inquiry. "Don't interrogate him, he's a friend." She chastised Luther for the 'discourteous' tone used when questioning Lannik.

Lannik Hayes, Accomplice
Tags: [member="Luther Ando"] | [member="Kyli Graf"]

A5uaNL3.png
Petulant, he mouthed to himself. And no, Lannik was certainly not pouting. It was most definitely a scowl that was gracing his features, thank you very much!

The upright seat made the back a squeeze, and more than reminded him of that one circus act with many clowns packed into a tiny speeder, but so long as the ride to Kyle– li’s home wasn’t too far away from the hospital, he’d probably be none worse for the wear. It was with a rough purr that the sleek airspeeder roused, soaring smoothly into the air to join the skylanes. And a part of him would have marvelled at the grand skylines of the heart of the imperium, if not for the fact that he was a nosey chit at heart.

He leaned slightly forward, looking over the sneak’s shoulder in an unrepentant manner as the other looked towards the sergeant. The stormtrooper did not quite manage to catch a glimpse at whatever it was that Ando was referring to, but it was clear from his words that they were necessary for his continued wellbeing.

His brows knitted together in contemplation, and though Ky– li has more than given him enough hints and clear affirmation of her preternatural abilities, Lannik wondered if the drug cocktail was something of a necessity? From their conversation, it did seem that way. But the crux of the matter is, was it a way to control a supersoldier by making them dependant on it? Or was it to stabilise their system from… whatever it was that was done to them? Or even a bit of column A and column B?

If Kyli – Yes, he finally got her name right without any self-correction! – was that concerned over Ando, combined with the fact that the other looked to be on death door and cutting a deal with those cretins, he was probably also a supersoldier. So deep he was in his thoughts that it wasn’t when he found himself gaze to gaze with the other’s cool blue eyes that he realised that their faces were much too close. With a startled twitch and an instinctive jerk, Lannik attempted to lean away, only managing to smack his head on the headrest of the cramped backseat. For the love of the Maker!

This time, it was the stormtrooper’s turn to give their wannabe escapee a sour scowl, even as a hand rubbed at the sore spot. And at the demanding tone of his voice, it only continued to grow deeper, and he had a stinging barb on his tongue prepared when the woman’s own imperial lilt intervened to vouch for him. In the same petulant manner that he will always deny indulging in, Lannik smirked at Ando and gave him a wink. “Ask nicely, and perhaps I will answer,” he said smoothly, as if butter wouldn’t melt in his mouth.

Poking at someone whom he suspected was a deathtrooper?

Foolhardy and probably inadvisable.

But the satisfaction? So worth it.

No matter what I say, I doubt you’d believe me easily. So, all I’ve to say on the matter is that I’ve got no plans to turn my backs on either of you.

From his seat, Lannik finally noticed that there were less and less blurs zooming past their speeder and his gaze flickered away from Ando’s own to look ahead. “Um… Ky. By ‘home’, did you mean the Imperial Palace?” he queried, though it was very obvious from the grand structure that was beginning to loom over them that ‘yes, it is’.

Somehow, he always managed to jinx himself.

His fragile glass heart was not prepared for this!

Well, one could still hope they would not be running into the Head Honcho… After all, bossman was probably busy in the office doing Chancellor-y things and ordering people around.

Right?

RIGHT?!

Because kark it, Lannik was probably going to do something undignified, like sneeze in his face or step on his toes, then he’ll be sent to the gulag for the rest of his days.

Luther Ando
qXyvuq9.png

‘She bought it at a… pharmacy?’. Luther head was reeling. He seemed like his vision went a little grey at the edges as he registered the shock. Never in his wildest dreams had he thought to investigate a simple drug manufacturer; it didn’t seem possible that they could acquire the specific formula. But then again, he had never considered the possibility of the First Order collapsing either. He reviewed all the memories of the past months and came to realize he had been worse off even earlier than he thought. All his powers of investigation, all that training from FOSB, had led him to the edge of death with his blaster placed in the neck of a drug dealer. He felt dissociated from his body; as if he had already died and the Galaxy had moved on without him.

He dredged himself up from the dark recesses of his mind, focusing in what was in front of him: Haye’s scowling face. He listened closely to the man talk, returning only a frown and a hard stare. He kept it for a moment longer before breaking out into a wide smile. “I like you Lannik” Luther said, using the man’s first name for the first time. “That sharp tongue must get you in trouble with your CO”. For some reason, he believed the man when he staid he wouldn’t betray Luther. It was a strange feeling, trusting again.

He spun around in his seat as Lannik’s eyes focused on something behind him. He gazed out onto a large structure, a massive building that Lannik identified as the Imperial Palace. “Not exactly the inconspicuous safehouse I was hoping for” Luther muttered. His stomach twisted with inertia as the vehicle slowed to land. “If I’m going to be climbing steps” Luther started. “Then I’m not doing it with a colossal limp”. He pulled one of the vials out of the container, inserting the provided syringe into the seal at one end. He watched as the thick fluid was pulled into the syringe, shivering unconsciously. Once the device was full, he pulled up his shirt and pushed the needle into his abdomen.

An intense burning sensation flooded his mid-section, quickly spreading to the rest of his body. He let out a sharp gasp but just as the pain started, it ended. The heat from the chemical seemed to give life back to his body and he felt familiar aches and pains fade away. He remembered, as he always did when he took the meds, of how his old power suit was designed to inject him with the drug multiple times during a battle. It fueled his blood frenzy, building endorphins and rewarding him for killing. And now, despite his renewed strength, he felt a heavy burden on his shoulders.

Kaiah Nihl - Unwanted Troublemaker
Equipment: Crimson Lightsaber, Civilian Clothes
jVCcloT.png
She didn’t like the man. He was slippery, difficult to pin down and difficult to decipher. She supposed that was because he’d been trained to trust no one, not even other members of the Order. It reminded her of Sieger Ren’s training, which was perhaps the main cause for her disdain. But then again, she disliked most people.

Kaiah had been perched on the edge of a rooftop, burrito clutched in her hand, listening to the busker below her (a normal day for her) when she’d received the message. She knew her deal with Ando would eventually lead to trouble, she had just hoped that it was further down the line and not so very complicated. But Luther knew the location of the FOSB archives, the last place that held information about her. After its deletion, she could finally disappear for good. Therefore, she reluctantly discarded her meal (much to the dismay of the musician below her) and hailed a taxicab.

Luther’s tracker showed him moving, so she decided to do a bit of recon instead of pursuing the man immediately. Yularen Public Hospital was crowded and busy, the perfect combination to slink in unnoticed. She hid her lightsaber inside her yellow jacket and put on a faux expression of fear and worry. She got most of the way into the patient wing before she was confronted by a security guard. “I’m looking for the maternity ward” she said in a hushed tone. The guard directed her to a hallway further on. Kaiah nodded, moving in that direction before doubling back to tail the guard on his way to the security room.

She stood back as the guard punched in the code for the door, and pushed out with force to stop the door closing as he entered. She moved up gracefully, slipping though and letting the door click shut behind her. Two steps were all it took for the three guards to spin around. One of them, the man who just entered, drew his blaster. She smiled wanly, closing her eyes as she raised her right hand. At click of her fingers a blinding flash of white light filled the room, its source: a tiny flame betwixt her finger and thumb. The light was akin to the brightness of a flashbang, bright enough for her to see behind her closed eyelids.

She opened her eyes and dashed forward as soon as the light faded. With the three guards blind, it was almost too easy to neutralize them. She pushed her palm into the elbow of the armed guard, disarming him and prompting a squeal of pain. She brought around the butt of the gun and knocked the man square in the temple. She did the same with the second, who was fumbling for purchase around him. The third had fallen off her chair, and a swift kick to the head knocked her out.

She gave the three unconscious bodies a quick bow and moved toward the monitors. With a bit of fiddling she managed to rewind the video and locate Luther’s room. She watched his travel from the patient wing to a speeder outside, looking at those who accompanied him. A lone soldier and a civilian, albeit armed, seemed like little threat. However, Luther insisted that no one died which made things difficult, especially as she needed to extract the ill man undetected.

When she was satisfied that she had enough information, she held out her hand towards the nearby whirring machines. She felt the heat inside the hardware and willed it to grow stronger. She watched as the monitors flickered and eventually died as the hard drives overheated. Once she was convinced that evidence of her being there was gone, she left the three sleeping beauties and hailed a cab from outside the hospital.

Tanomas Graf

T
High Chancellor Tanomas Graf
Location: The Chancellor's Private Chambers - Imperial Palace, Federal District
wuvEwHt.png

He had been laying there for what felt like days, the shimmersilk blankets tucked neatly over his bare abdomen as he breathed in deeply, listening to the sound with both content and hidden bitterness. A year and a half ago he had resigned himself to living under the thumb of the First Order, his every moved watched by an uptight and amateur woman who ruined his retirement. One thing he never understood was why that bespectacled idiot had twice approved him going under the knife before she betrayed and ostracized him, before a squad of black-striped stormtroopers had been sent to arrest him and paid dearly for it. He was a changed man - sixty years of life and four decades of war, leadership, and scheming now inside of a chemically-mutated body that would anchor him in his late thirties for centuries.

Tanomas' head turned slowly to the sound of the mahogany doors that led into his bedroom opening, catching a glimpse of the two novatroopers that were on guard while he was within, his 'protocol' droid entering the room with the muffled clacking of its durasteel legs. "Admonishment: Master, you have been in bed for several hours past your habitual awakening," The droid uttered reproachfully, "I have had to emphatically redirect two senators, one officer, and one particularly overzealous assassin." The droid stopped short of the bed's edge, its yellow photoreceptors glaring down ruefully at the man. Tanomas chuckled lightly, dismissively waving his hand at the droid, "Five months of summits, galas, and war councils. Let a dictator rest damn it."

HK-51 stared silently at the man for several seconds before he turned and began to leave the room. "Commentary: As you wish, master. Oh, whatever will I tell the young Lady Graf when she arrives in time for dinner…" He lamented, slowly reaching for the door handle, "...oh what indeed…" Tanomas groaned loudly, prompting the droid to stop and glance at the old man crawling out of bed. "Fine, you win you heartless hunk of durasteel," He growled lowly, standing up and stretching while he looked at his bedside chronometer "Maker, you're right, it is dinner time. Go prepare the kitchen while I freshen up."

The droid left and clanked out of the bedroom, departing into the luxurious labyrinth that was the Imperial Palace. He sighed, casting a furtive glimpse at the Coruscanti skyline beyond the window, before walking to the bathroom door and entering. After showering, he stood in front of the mirror for a few minutes trimming his unruly beard, taking the time to admire his younger features and now-onyx hair. Yes, it had been months since the augmentations occurred, but time had flown by and he had never really given much thought to his much more youthful appearance. When he had left the Empire, his hair and beard were pearly white, his face covered with numerous wrinkles; hell, he had even begun to bald.

Tanomas exited the bathroom, turning into the walk-in closet and prodding past the absurd amount of clothing. Considering his options for a moment, he decided on a charcoal grey suit he removed from the rack. He slung the white dress shirt over his form, straightening out the creases as he buttoned it up; next, he bent over to pull the trousers up his legs, resting the waist over the bottom of the shirt as he secured them. Looking around, he quickly spotted one of his finer pairs of shoes, opting for the more comfortable loafers this time around. Tanomas hummed to himself while he neatly tied his tie, a plain navy blue, around his neck and flipped the collar down over it. The last piece of the puzzle was sliding the jacket onto his arms, closing the top button and then reaching over to fold and place a pocket square in the jacket.

Attaching a watch to his wrist, the high chancellor looked at himself in the mirror, straightening the jacket and turning to the side. "I am the Senate." He uttered confidently, his lips creasing into a smile before he left the closet.

[member="Kyli Graf"] | [member="Lannik Hayes"] | [member="Luther Ando"]

Kyli Graf
Yularen Public Hospital
Tags: [member="Luther Ando"], [member="Lannik Hayes"], [member="Tanomas Graf"], [member="Kaiah Nihl"]
Nearby: [member="Luther Ando"], [member="Lannik Hayes"], [member="Tanomas Graf"]

OoxaH5I.png
Kyli smirked while looking beyond the Landspeeder's steeply angled windshield her palms perched atop a pair of nobby knees. "Inconspicuous? No. Safe? Absolutely." She commented with a gesture towards the colossal stone and steel structure that had been raised as a monument to the old Imperial Palace that had existed during Sheev Palpatine's First Galactic Empire that is to say the Imperial Confederated Systems' Imperial Palace had the appearance of a gargantuan Jedi Temple. An irritating decidedly unpleasant monotonous dial tone started sounding within the Airspeeder's cabin on approach to the Imperial Palace.

Fiddling with the center console's modestly sized high-definition display the helmet of an Imperial Stormtrooper wearing a suit of Mark Nine Katarn Battle Armour appeared. "Senate-Sixty-Seven, this is Acorn-Alpha. Please transmit security access codes." Behind the 'T' shaped visor that Clone's hazel spheres studied each of the Airspeeder's occupants closely and actively recorded the live video feed from inside the Imperial Palace's motor pool, Kyli looked back to Luther to watch him plunge a vial of the Counter-mutagen stimulants into his abdomen. "Acorn-Alpha this is Senate-Sixty-Seven, standby for authorisation code transmission." Kyli produced a wireless communication device from her pocket and tapped a code into it's liquid crystal display which prompted the Clone Trooper to visibly glance down and inspect their own console.

"Senate-Sixty-Seven this is Acorn-Alpha, Roger. Codes received, welcome home." The Clone on the center console's display disappeared as the image collapsed back into a screen with various buttons indicating entertainment features. Kyli took the moment to send a text-based message on her chatter device to her Father warning him that they'd have Company. Father The message began with the propriety and formality Tanomas knew from his daughter, she seldom addressed him as 'Pa' or 'Papa' although it wasn't common and certainly not something ever done in the company of others for fear of stark embarrassment. I'm bringing Lannik and Luther to join us for dinner. You'll remember Luther when you see him, apologies Father. I know you were up late last night. Not that Tanomas rejection of sleeping 'normal' hours truly mattered because of his augmented physiology.

"Don't worry Andy." Nodding her head towards him kindly. "There won't be any stairs, we won't be marching up into the Palace in broad daylight that's a security risk." Kyli's Airpspeeder's nose pitched upwards towards the sky on neither a steep nor shallow angle but sufficient that Coruscant's natural gravity pulled Tanomas Graf's daughter back into the snug Bantha-leather wrapped 'bucket' seat. "My Father still makes people climb it though, I'm fairly certain it's an underhanded dig at the press and reporters." She smirked, this time her lips stretched wider while imagining Father grinning in glee while he watched from the Palatial Tower down below at members of the press struggling up the stairs with their camera equipment.

One might have thought Kyli approved of her Father's dictatorial style of leadership, she didn't but trusted in his wisdom and his indomitable drive to see the Core and its' Human population achieve political and economic supremacy over all. A large oval-shaped door carved into the Imperial Palace's high stone wall pivoted up and open revealing a hanger filled with luxurious airspeeders no doubt belonging to the Palace's staff and its' residents along with one or two Banshee Dropships. A few white-armour wearing Stormtroopers moved about the interior with a pair of them guarding what was ostensibly the only foot exit in and out of this Hanger. "This is home. It's uh." Gesturing to the scene as their Airspeeder guided itself into an empty berth. "Different from the barracks I grew up in on Dosuun."

Lannik Hayes, Awkward Guest
Tags: [member="Luther Ando"] | [member="Kyli Graf"] | [member="Tanomas Graf"]

A5uaNL3.png
For a hot potato of a moment, the sergeant was expecting a terse admonition of sorts when he saw the frown deepening and gaze sharpening. And even if it wasn’t a rebuke, at least a renewed insistence for further proof of his goodwill.

It was decidedly surreal, Lannik thought as he watched the usually – well, the truth was that he barely knew the other – scowling mien of one Luther Ando shifting into a bright grin. Smiling suited him, the brunet noted in a daze, disarmed by the sudden cheer. But never only to allow himself to be stuck, especially where there were banter to be had, Lannik sniggered at the apt observation, waggling his brows before he confirmed the words. “Yeap. Probably doesn’t help that I’m also an outsider, so my CO is extra critical when I give lip.

A mischievous grin alighted on his own features as he tilted his head slightly to take the taller male in. “I suppose you’re not so bad yourself, Luther.

And that was when their brief sense of camaraderie and page of conversation turned.

As the other male dosed himself with the medication that was procured by their mutual companion, the poor unfortunate stormtrooper tried to hold himself together and not hyperventilate at the prospect of things to come. While he wasn’t the type of person to temper the way he behaved– and that there, was probably his biggest problem when it came to formal events of any sort. He kriffing sucked eggs at schmoozing and speaking politese.

Well, Lannik consoled himself, at least this is where the bulk of his two friends would serve more than to add on to his newfound height crisis and hopefully also work twofold to hide his person if he needed to dive out of a window or something. Between his growing outlandish thoughts of committing multiple faux pas of the ordinary and not-so ordinary, the airspeeder drifted into a hangar and pulled into a space and the sergeant found himself once again wondering how his life lead to… this.

All he wanted from life was to do a bit of good and get by without too much excitement. But from his Ren charge to the Imperial Confederation to finding himself in the company of two supersoldiers, where one was theka daughter to the karking Big Kahuna himself, and stepping foot into their home

If it wasn’t so embarrassing and it’s over 9000 in certainty that neither Luther nor Kyli will ever let him forget this in this lifetime, Lannik would have balked and asked the woman if he could slink out of the back or something. This time, it was the taller woman who was graced with a deadpan look. He held her gaze for a moment, before letting out an amused huff and swallowed his reservation of doing something potentially disastrous and the story somehow making its way to Dad. “Well, I suppose we don’t have to worry about dinner, at least.

Hey, he needed a silver lining.

And there was nothing better than a free meal that wasn't made in bulk and solely for nutrition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom