Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ghosts of our past

y09Quy8.jpg
Lannik Hayes, Stormtrooper Sergeant
Equipment: Katarn Multipurpose Battle Armour, AKraB Vibrodagger, G-11F Blaster Rifle
Tags: [member="Luther Ando"] | [member="Kyle Whir"] | Open!

A5uaNL3.png

F14b6sn.jpg

There were often times where one Lannik Hayes found himself staring at a crossroad. While he preferred not to find himself thrown into the middle of a conflict and all the chaos it entailed, he also found himself having mixed feelings about the necessary evil that was patrolling.

For one?

It was karking boring.

Sure, there were law enforcement officers out and about, but there were also times where the denizens of the underground was best reminded that there were imperial eyes watching them. And if they were smart, they will clean up their illegal acts. Or well, be more fething careful about where they were conducting their lawbreaking.

And secondly?

Whenever trouble did crop up, it usually had a way of dragging him along kicking and screaming for the ride.

Considering his lack of luck, Lannik found himself staring down a road that was best ignored. With the way his illustrious career has gone thus far, a slow and easy patrol with just enough excitement so that his mind wasn’t numb from the sheer tedium seemed out of reach. Perhaps, he should just enjoy his slow-paced evening and not take it for granted.

But the male had a faint suspicion that he has already jinxed himself.

He could only hope otherwise.

The brunet stormtrooper and two other members of his small team paused at an intersection. After patrolling blocks after blocks of badly lit streets and dilapidated buildings, they were taking a brief respite before they finished the last leg of their assigned route. As his companions conversed quietly between themselves, Lannik yawned within the anonymity of his helmet, his teeth clacking together as he made an attempt at stifling it.

Kyle Whir,
Coruscant, Coruscant Underworld, Level 1313, Sector L-06

Tags: [member="Lannik Hayes"], [member="Luther Ando"]
Nearby: [member="Lannik Hayes"]

Kyle fought the urge to sneer at the unpleasant gawdy sight of Imperial Soldiers within the Coruscant Underworld, Sergeant Whir of the Coruscant Security Force rolled up behind Lannik Hayes identifying the Trooper based not only off the identify-friend-foe tag on Kyle's helmet-mounted display but that familiar slack lazy discipline and poor posture which contrasted to Whir's rigid soldierly gait, it told of a warrior who had been born and raised for the purpose like some Scion of a war deity devolved to serve as a Coruscant Security Force Officer. "Trooper, I want you to broadcast to me your record of citations and contraband seized for this evening." Sergeant Whir demanded in a robotic professional tone although the bite behind the words was no doubt audible, what Lannik couldn't see was Kyle's toothy grin at witnessing the Stormtrooper's bodies seize slightly at the sound to witness them so afraid sent a pleasurable predatory shiver through Kyle's spine. "You like it too don't you, how they're afraid of us yes?" Amur's voice purred like a placated Kitten in the cobwebs of Kyle's brain and the Sergeant confimed such wordlessly, power wielded responsibly or irresponsibly was intoxicating all the same.

Something scratched at their eyes and Kyle for the briefest of moment had to stop themselves from grasping them in both hands and tearing them clear from sockets, such thoughts came and went to the former Death Trooper without anyone in their surrounding being any the wiser. Some fetid mixture of oil and water pattered down upon Sergeant Whir's powersuit from a pipe hanging from above the street, and they utterly ignored that disgusting dirge in favour of assessing whatever information Lannik provided them. "Should talk to your Company Commander about painting your armour into an Urban camouflage, like mine." Kyle's hazel-coloured spheres read through the scrolling datafeeds shooting pass their retinas while brass shining helmet lenses remained facing Lannik's direction. The sound of violent shouting and glass shattering against ferrocrete pavement stabs against eardrums prompts head to snap higher like some feline, the contents of the conversation on the distant alley is faint even for their augmented ears. "Hayes, you hear that?" Again, Kyle used Lannik's name without fully explaining how they were familiar with the Stormtrooper prior to that unfortunate initial meeting on Byss.

Ex-Solider | Ex-Spy | Doctor
Luther Ando, Deserter / Desperate
| [member="Lannik Hayes"] | [member="Kyle Whir"] |

qXyvuq9.png

Luther hated Coruscant. The ebb and flow of normalcy didn’t exist here, instead there was a chaotic flurry of life and death, underneath bright lights and down dark alleys. Maybe he felt too old for his age, but the constant rush and energy made Luther feel even more weary than he already was.

He splashed water onto his face and looked up into the mirror of the public bathroom. It was the second glimpse he’d gotten of himself today. Before, the phrase: ‘Dead Man Walking’ had sprung to mind and he agreed with the sentiment more now than he did then. His skin was pallid, near lacking in colour. Bloodshot eyes glanced over his trembling hands, gripping the edge of the sink tightly. Bruises covered his arms; his fingernails were cracked. He splashed more water on his face, wiping away the blood dripping from his nose.

“Not looking too good, friend” an even voice sounded behind him, prompting Luther to freeze. He splashed water on his face one more, before turning the tap off and turning around. “It looks worse than it is” Luther lied. “Makes people think I’m not a threat…” He left the sentence hanging. The newcomer laughed. Broken veins across his face had given him permanent reddish hue, as well as handle of ‘Crimson’. Luther had only met the man once before, to organize the deal and, so far, the man seemed exactly as scummy as Luther would think for an Underworld dealer.

“You look like one of my other customers, the ones desperate for a fix of spice”. A glint of mischief could be seen in the man’s eyes. “It would fair you better in the end, I have the good stuff”. Luther remained silent, letting his stoic nature do the talking. Crimson sighed and reached into his satchel. “I hate you strong silent types. Fine, I have what you want”. He held up a vial, small enough to fit into his palm. Inside swirled a dark viscous liquid. Luther felt his legs move almost in response, his hand twitching as he looked upon the vial. It took all his will to stop himself leaping forward and snatching the vial from the dealer. “That’s not enough” Luther said, his voice hoarse. “We agreed on a bigger supply”. Crimson paused and a wide smile broke across his face. “That is what we agreed, yes. But I don’t like moving a lot of goods at once, and this is an expensive product”.

Luther grit his teeth. He should’ve realized this would happen. Seemed Crimson got more out of his job through the small means of control he had over addicts, then compared to the credits he’d make. He weighed his options but, feeling the deep ache in his legs, he realized he had no choice. “Fine, we have a deal” Luther said, with some reluctance. He reached into his pocket and removed a credit chit, holding it up for the man to see. “Here’s the money”. Crimson’s eyes gleamed again, and he motioned to a big Aqualish behind him.

The alien approached but, instead of reaching for the chit, ducked under Luther arm and delivered a blow to his stomach. His senses dulled and his reactions slowed, Luther could to nothing but crumple up and fall to the floor. He fumbled for the blaster in his jacket, drawing it and bringing it up shakily. The thug snorted in amusement, knocking the weapon out of his hand and delivering a kick to his head. Luther view of the world spun; his vision flashed white and started blurring. Waves of pain racked his body. He could faintly hear the footsteps of Crimson approaching. “I’m no fool, Luther Ando. I know who you are, and the price on your head” Crimson sounded far away, but he could feel the pressure of the man’s hand on his shoulder. “And I figured a man looking for anti-augment medication, the experimental and illegal kind, well…” Luther could hear a wry humor in the man’s voice. “Well he’d probably not be in a position to fight”.

He felt the pressure lift off his shoulder and heard footsteps as the man walked away. Stabbing pains radiated through his head and down his neck, yet he managed to strain his ears to hear more. “Knock him out and take him ‘round back. It’s a ways back home, and we’ll have to watch out for coppers”. His vision had finally cleared, and he blinked away tears just in time to see flash of a stun baton then-

Darkness

Equipment: Katarn Multipurpose Battle Armour, AKraB Vibrodagger, G-11F Blaster Rifle

A5uaNL3.png

F14b6sn.jpg

As a stormtrooper that was used to having a sneaky sneak of a charge who had the tendency of approaching him from his blind spot, his outward reaction was mild, merely a fraction of a moment’s pause before he turned to regard Whir. But internally? His karking bones metaphorically leapt out of his kriffing flesh and did a lively Mon Calamari jig, before leaping back into his person.

Fething sneaks, he mentally grumbled good-naturedly, shooting the somewhat familiar transgressor a glare from behind his helmet. Perhaps Lannik would have been more cautious and wary of the other, but after being tackled and taken for a ride on whirlwind express down an ice chute? And having to stop a fight by stunning his arse? Nope. No way, no how.

However, his two other team members? They took a step away from the duo as soon as Whir spoke, their poise straightened in a manner that was inherent to all who served in the imperial army.

As for Lannik? He merely brushed it off as Whir being a grouch.

Completely missing the glower that his giant companion was bestowing upon his person, the stormtrooper stole a glance to ensure the identity of the CORSECFOR Sergeant before he flicked over the requested records. “There you go,” he mumbled, more to himself than anything else. There was a gurgle from the pipes above, and it was with a complete deadpan look that the brunet watched as a dubious combination of liquid… ick was dumped over the sleek powersuit of his acquaintance.

As the other continued to stand beneath it unheeding of the mess it was making, Lannik let out a deep audible sigh, an arm reaching out to tug the other out from under it. Really, cleaning mud and ichor from one’s armour and powersuit was never fun. It got into every crack and crevices and one had to use kriffing toothbrushes at times to reach those spots. And while Whir may not mind it, he did. Very much so.

Perhaps if I get assigned to Coruscant on a longer basis. The Commander is still trying to see where I fit in, so I’ve been getting thrown around.” The problem was that while he has the training and some experience around his belt, he has learned certain habits from his time in the First Order. And while he has been acclimatising well within the army, there were still some undesirable habits that he needed to shake. Just as he was about to open his mouth to pose the giant a question of his own, the unmistakable sound of a tussle reached his own ears.

While it was muted to his vanilla human ears, the responsible stormtrooper that he was urged him to investigate before dismissing it. “Ah, I did. It’s almost too soft to make out.” He looked at the other two men in his team, “Stay here, I’ll go and check it out. If I don’t come back or comm in within ten minutes, report back to Command.” With their name and service number clearly identified on their transponders, Lannik did not even think twice about how Whir knew exactly who he was as he began to turn towards where the sounds were coming from.

Want to be my backup, Whir? It’s probably nothing, but we should still make sure.

Kyle Whir,

Tags: @Lannik Hayes, [member="Luther Ando"]

Kyle had made no attempt to stop Lannik from pulling them out from under the waterfall of fetid water-oil grul that had been tipped all over the unsuspecting Coruscant Security Force sigh with nary even a disappointed sigh or sound. Kyle had always been good suppressing outward bursts of emotion in their facial muscles and voice but less so the subtle queues in their posture and tensed muscles although the latter was certainly not visible through the powersuit Sergeant Whir wore. It marked Kyle as a Tactical Operations Division-certified Marksman and true enough over Whir's shoulder sat a Type-52 Special Application Rifle/Advanced once issued to the First Order's own Death Troopers. Whir kept it for the sheer power of the weapon acknowledging that one might never know when the next Insurgent threat might appear and take hostages, there was no shot imaginable a Sniper might be asked to take that Kyle couldn't hit, their accolades within the field of Marksmanship was without peer among Coruscant Security Force's Officers.

Wordlessly Whir dispatched a squadron of Police Probes to the location of the noise, their repulsors kept them high above the street and when asked whether or not they should activate lights and Sirens, Kyle spoke once through their helmets' annunciator vocal distorter. "Zero." It was a Binary question and thus those sphere-shaped camera bearing probes floated almost without noise to above a dark damp and filthy alley. Lannik and Kyle approached the alley pausing at the corner with their arms hanging beside both thighs and rounded it casually expecting the Police Probes would have been tracking any suspects who had made a run for it. Hayes might have noted the unnatural ease, grace and agility with which Sergeant Whir moved, it was unnaturally coordinated and perfectly fluid it risked making everybody else look clumsy in comparison. Rounding the Corner, Kyle's eyes found a scene of three men two standing on their feet and the third man slung over a hench alien.

Sergeant Whir noted they were walking away towards a brick wall on the other end of the Alley, no doubt the rear-entrance into the Nightclub Kyle could feel thumping into the ferrocrete through their boots. "Hold on a second there, Gentlemen." He raised one-hand towards the trio and motioned for them to turn and stop the droid-like voice which rumbled through Kyle's distorter, he expected them half to run which would have confirmed the all too familiar suspicion that this activity was anything but innocent, on level 1313 there were very few inhabitants who had not been on the receiving end of a violent crime or indeed the perpetrators of such actions themselves at some point or another. "Your friend there looks sick, I have a duty of care to examine him. Alright?" Kyle was professional but Lannik would see that already the Sergeant's hand was firmly secured around a DC-15 sitting on a magnetic plate against right thigh, an obvious anticipation that things were about to get very hairy and this idea was only confirmed by Whir's voice within Hayes' helmet. "Lan, set for stun. If they run go after the alien carrying the man. This might be a kidnapping." Kyle's voice cautioned, even over the comlink vox it was still distorted with that ubiquitous metallic quality associated with CORSECFOR.

Luther Ando, Deserter / Dying
|[member="Lannik Hayes"] | [member="Kyle Whir"]
qXyvuq9.png
Reality seeped back into his consciousness slowly; a slow trickle of colour and life that banished the blackness. He groaned at the sharp aroma of smelling salts, the harsh smell burning the interior of his nose. “Don’t hit him so hard next time, Gresh!” Crimson hissed. The aqualish said nothing, instead stooping down to pick Luther up. Crimson helped, and together they held each shoulder and guided him to the door. He felt slightly disconnected from his body, as if there was a delay between his brain and his muscles. His movements were slow and sluggish; he was vaguely aware that he was hand-cuffed. His captured and debilitated state was disguised by a voluminous cloak that Crimson draped around his shoulders.

The outside air was cold, the sort of insidious chill that crept into your bones. He shuffled along the pathway, his captor keeping him away from the lights and within the shadow of the buildings. He moved forward at a snail’s pace, one step after another until it was too much. He barely felt a thing as he impacted with the ground face first, but the shock of the blow was enough to restore a sense of lucidity.

Rough hands pulled at the back of his coat. He pushed them away and, feeling a surge of strength, rose to his feet. He turned around, nearly jumping as a familiar face peered at him. “The doc gave me the reports” Kyli said, her voice even. “I read a few in my spare time”. She looked like she used to, before the surgery. A web of dense tissue covered her face from top to bottom, no one scar the same length or depth. “There are some nasty side effects: muscle failure, haematoma…” she paused and grabbed his shoulder to get him moving. “Auditory and visual hallucination” she continued, guiding him down the main hallway of the FIV Pellaeon. “Therefore, it is essential you take all the pills they give you. Have you been taking your meds, Andy?”.

His head throbbed, the pain and pressure making it feel as if it was about to explode. “I’m sorry” Luther gasped, suddenly realizing he was short of breath. “I’m a coward. All I ever did was look out for myself. That’s why I joined the Bureau. That’s why I fled. That’s why…” he stopped, breathless. The air from his lungs was coming out as a ragged wheeze, and he was now hunched over the ground. He watched as Kyli walked around him, stopping in front with her hand on the hilt of her weapon. “One day your going to end up killing yourself, Luther” she said, drawing the knife and lunging forward.

He fell backwards as Crimson pressed down on the plunger of the stim, dispensing the liquid into his thigh. “You’re lucky I need this bounty, Ando” Crimson muttered angrily. “Otherwise I’d leave you to choke out your last moments in the gutter”. Luther looked down at the lifesaving stim, now discarded in in overflowing trash, and counted himself lucky beyond measure.

Gresh had just hauled him to his feet when an unfamiliar voice called out from behind the group. They turned to find a pair of armoured troops approaching, heavily armed. Crimson cursed under his breath. “Not a peep, Ando” he hissed, before approaching the newcomers. “Sick indeed officer, but this is no friend”. His nerves showing, the dealer licked his lips and continued. “This is Luther Ando, a bounty target. A dangerous threat, to be sure, so we are getting him off the street and into the bounty office”. Luther could feel Gresh shift as the large alien drew his blaster pistol and pressed it into the small of his back.

“So, if you don’t mind” Crimson continued. “We’ll be on our way”.

A5uaNL3.png

F14b6sn.jpg

Walking side by side by the giant, the contrast between the law enforcer and the stormtrooper was even more distinct. While Lannik was average in height, his companion towered over him by quite a bit. And whereas his bone white armour gleamed whenever he stepped beneath the sparse yellow lights of the area, the muted shade of Whir’s powersuit blended in well with their surroundings.

Not that the karker needed any extra help to be sneaky.

For a man of his size, the other flowed from shadow to shadow, moving like a vornskr on the prowl. It was with awe and envy that the brunet watched Whir stalk ahead of him, a faint wisp of curiousity once again alighting his mind as to the giant’s origins. While Lannik did not doubt that the information was so many levels above his paygrade that he doubted he’ll ever touch that particular impervium ceiling, no one ever said he couldn’t wonder and continue his guessing games.

Both men walked into a scene that was definitely suspicious and sent the alarm klaxon off in his head. For the male that was held between the man and alien had a cloak draped all over his person, shrouding his state from both officer and stormtrooper. But from the lack of movement and noise, Lannik suspected he was less inebriated and more drugged. Down here in the slums, it was a cutthroat world. And the brunet wouldn’t be surprised if the poor kark was a victim who was about to find their organs mined for the black market.

With Whir standing slightly ahead of him and already questioning the two other men, Lannik saw more of the giant’s subtle tells than the trio’s own suspicious movements. As soon as the CORSECFOR sergeant’s hand closed around the blaster on his thigh, the male did the same out of instinct. “Gotcha.” With his body slightly concealed by the bulk of his companion, the brunet did as was instructed, the action coming smoothly to him this time, his arm long since healed since the unfortunate events of Byss.

His posture became something that was more worthy of an imperial soldier even as he held the blaster rifle loosely in his grasp, prepared to burst into action if things continued to escalate. And from the nervous tells of the human male, Lannik wouldn’t bet against the house. The oily words that replied Whir only compounded the tension between thugs and officers.

Though he has no idea who this ‘Luther Ando’ is, nor why was he a bounty target or how was he a dangerous threat, the business of bounty hunting has never sat well with the stormtrooper. But despite his aversion for it, Lannik saw the necessity in it, since the galaxy was a vast place and it was easy for criminals to sneak away from system to system to escape justice. And as cruel as it was, Lannik was prepared to allow the human and aqualish to go on their way.

But just in case…

Sure, but before you continue on your way, I’d like to see your IPKC.

Kyle Whir,

Tags: [member="Lannik Hayes"], [member="Luther Ando"]

Kyle halted cut as an implacable anonymous enforcer of the law standing at over six and a half feet tall their figure easily Dwarfed all others present except maybe the gaunt and frail figure standing shakily within the Aqualish's grup. The Core Imperial Confederation used bounty hunters to apprehend dangerous non-citizen fugitives it was true but only arrest warrants issued on application from a Imperial Confederated Systems court was valid and with their hazel eyes narrowing to study the two men closely. Kyle astutely makes a sharp gesture with left-hand towards Lannik, wordlessly ordering the Stormtrooper to cease, behind the tandem brass lenses Sergeant Whir examined the beaten Luther and though their facial expression could not be witnessed by Lannik, Crimson or Gresh the Coruscant Security Force Sergeant's lips pursed together into a thin line that spoke of worry and anger in equal measure. Whir spoke now, not with the biting pain felt through breast but the Robotic resolution of vocal distorter. "Actually I do mind, sir. Please present your Imperial Peace-Keeping Certificates and the valid arrest warrant issued by a Imperial Confederated Systems court for 'Luther Ando' immediately."

Even though nearly every fiber within Kyle's body demanded that they scoop their kindred former Death Trooper out of the hands of Jackals, the Sergeant would do it with the head-ache inducing bureaucracy of Legislation and Imperial Policy. One way or another Kyle was getting Luther to a hospital under Police Guard and no 'Bounty Hunter' was going to stop this particular killing machine for unlike Ando, Kyle had their anti-mutagen stims circulating through veins and pumping through a heart that beat so slowly that an ordinary Human would be dead. "Of course, if there has been an arrest warrant and bounty issued by one of our Courts for Mister Ando's arrest and the two of you gentlemen are professional Bounty Hunters duly registered you are obligated when requested to handover custody of detainees to authorized judicial or law enforcement personnel for receipt of your payment." Amur began to uncoil from the recesses of Kyle's mind the concentration of Adrenaline within arteries and veins increases in density sharply their pupils dilating like some beast beginning to pounce, their vocal cords rattle hungrily. Of all the humanoid predators prowling the streets of Coruscant, Kyle was at the Apex of the food-chain.

"I would like to take this opportunity to draw your attention to the surveillance droids above us." Kyle's index finger on the left-hand flicks up towards the ceiling revealing half a dozen Police Probes hovering quietly above the alley if one bothered to follow the Sergeant's gesture, Whir was frustratingly confident and took a single-step towards the burly Aqualish wordlessly daring that hideous alien to attempt an assault on a law enforcement officer beneath a convincing veneer of professionalism and civility. "They're recording for your safety." The subtle metallic threat was unmistakable, Kyle tactfully issued such a warning without breaching the Force's ethical guidelines just as they had done more than once below in the fetid underbelly of Coruscant's Underworld where the Tactical Operations Unit of Coruscant Security Force were known to put criminals who crossed them into early graves beneath the heavy boot of the law with little in the way of hesitation. "Your paperwork, if you please." Amur forced Kyle's lips to split wide into a wolfish grin behind the cold Duraplast faceplate of helmet, the brass lenses set into faceplate casting a fiery amber glare into Gresh's slimy pupils.

Luther Ando, Deserter / Dying
[member="Lannik Hayes"] | [member="Kyle Whir"]
qXyvuq9.png
He’d been in stickier situations, but this was the most trouble he’d stirred up in a while. He could feel the cool metal of the blaster barrel through his shirt as it pressed into his back. There was an ominous silence to the group as the newcomers, police apparently, asked for Crimson’s licence. Luther knew well enough that the man was too dodgy to have any kind of paper trail, and he was sure the others realised as well.

He’d trained for such situations with the Bureau, but his brain was still moving slowly. It felt as if his head was stuffed with cotton wool, alongside a feeling of light-headedness that threatened unconsciousness. ‘Wait’ he thought, the gears of his brain were starting to turn now. ‘My illness might be the key to escape’.

He groaned aloud, the sound half-fake and half-real. He started a tremble in his knees, still very aware of the firearm behind him. “I don’t…feel so good…” he muttered. Gresh was halfway through a whispered warning when Luther made his legs go out. The aqualish let out a surprised sound, the weight of his hostage pulling him forward into a stumble. Luther hit the ground with his knees, the force of the impact traveling up his legs and his spine. He whipped out his hands, still in cuffs, towards the gun in Gresh’s hand. His fingers wrapped around the larger alien’s, but he made no attempt to remove the weapon. Instead his twisted the thug’s hand, pulling it into an unnatural angle. The blaster fell to the ground with a clatter, alongside a cry of pain from Gresh. Next, Luther brought up his elbow, flipping back his weight to add power to the blow. It connected with the alien’s face, eliciting another cry of pain and sending his captor back away from him.

He snatched up the blaster in his two hands and turned towards Crimson. The black-market dealer was backed up into the corner, trapped as Luther approached. Crimson moved to make some sort of attack, but a vicious blow to his knee sent him sprawling to the ground. Luther could hear blaster fire, but with his back turned it was impossible to determine if it was the officers or Gresh with another gun.

Regardless, he ignored the danger and approached the prone Crimson. He knelt on the man’s chest, pressing down hard, and placed the barrel of the blaster under his chin. “Where’s the rest, Crimson?” Luther said, his voice low and threatening. Crimson stared at him, bug-eyed, before calling out to the others.

“Don’t you see? He’s dangerous! Help me!”

A5uaNL3.png

F14b6sn.jpg

If not for the curt gesture, the brunet would have pressed on. But admittedly, this was more of Whir’s domain than his own, and the other would know best on how to handle the unsavoury duo. With a scowl on his face directed at the self-proclaimed bounty hunters, Lannik gave a terse nod though he knew the giant’s focus was given in its entirety to the scene unfolding before them.

And while Lannik may miss a great many things and cues in life, a most untrue accusation as far as the stormtrooper was concerned, it swiftly became unmistakable that the law enforcement officer was clearly leaning in favour of this ‘Luther Ando’. Papers aside, that is. If nothing else, the ominous bite that accompanied his reminder of the probes hovering above them persuaded the sergeant of Whir’s partiality.

If not for the fact that he was prepared to karking stun the chits if they so much as twitched wrong… Well, that, and the obvious fact he was in full armour, Lannik would have pinched the bridge of his nose at the impending headache that was beginning to build. Just kriffing give Whir your nether-damned papers before he goes raging gundark on your sorry arses. But ever the consummate stormtrooper, the brunet kept his gaze on the wonder twins and the corpselike Ando, ready to–

The audible groan that broke the conversation between the giant and thugs signalled the prelude to yet another running episode in the life of Lannik Hayes.

Hello, Chaos. I thought we agreed to take a break from each other this week?

Apparently, you missed the karking memo.

Why did everything in his life these days have to be so fething complicated?

He only had time to let out a low whistle over the shared comms as the previously 85% dead Ando pulled a miraculous comeback, using his deadweight as an advantage to neutralise the previously an untenable situation he was in. And then, the brunet slid back into the skin of the forged soldier that he was, his blaster shooting out a ring of blue at the recoiling aqualish. Let’s hope I read the situation right and stunned the right karker. After all, he was only reacting based on Whir’s not-so-subtle threats.

But he has showed his cards, and all Lannik could do now was to hope he had gotten a good hand.

Stepping past the law enforcement officer, the stormtrooper stopped a safe distance from Ando. No point being a big dumb and making himself an even easier target if the other decided to lash out at him. “Dangerous, hm?” As he has already taken the proverbial leap of faith by shocking Tweedledum into insensibility, Lannik figured out he may as well just continue to swan dive into the hole and hope that he doesn’t get smacked by a thousand reprimands and disciplinary actions.

See my giant companion over there?” he continued amiably. Well… considering that Ando himself towered over Lannik as well – kriffing tall karks – he’d have to think of something else. But that will come later. When they were all out of the deep chit they found themselves in. The sergeant gestured towards the Whir to make clear which giant he was referring to. “He may need to better his communication skills, but it’s obvious he’s leaning heavily towards Ando over there. And I’d trust his cues over your claims any time.

Of course, Lannik was just running his mouth without any basis.

Answer the man, Crimson.

Switching back to the private comms, Lannik asked Whir wearily, “Think I can get off needing to fill in a report for misdemeanour if I shoot Tweedledee and Ando and cite provocation?

Kyle Whir,

Everything went wrong with a velocity that bordered on extreme although that hardly surprised Kyle, the Sergeant took a step forward when Luther appeared to be ostensibly Ill. Whir already suspected the source of the man's malaise was related to his augmentations knowing Luther as a former Death Trooper although the latter's knowledge of Kyle as a Death Trooper would have been suspiciously absent and thus the Sergeant thought it better to keep this information concealed for now as they did not believe it would engender trust from a comrade who Kyle held close to the heart that beat in their breast. "I'll be detaining Mister Ando immediately to ascertain whether or not there is a valid existing arrest warrant issued by one of our courts for him, Sergeant H, Search Gresh." In that instance Whir revealed an ignorance that had been feigned, they'd known precisely who the two offenders were from the moment their faces came within visual contact their powersuit had compared those facial features to features stored within the onboard computer and identified the pair has offenders with a salacious history.

Whir's ears heard the tell-tale sound of a Blaster and heard the bulky Aqualish hit the ground with a thud. "Damn it boy!" Kyle snarled and whipped an index finger at Gresh while the Sergeant themself continued on a path towards the struggling Ando and Crimson. "Examine Gresh for injuries, and render first aid!" Whir's tandem brass-coloured flowing eyelenses lash around back onto Luther who had jammed a Blaster Pistol beneath Crimson's Chin, it happened fast and if Kyle didn't need any further confirmation that the grubby unkempt features of the man straddling Crimson was indeed Luther they received it by examining the dexterity of his movements. Luther growled a question at Crimson and Kyle knew immediately for that substance which he searched, in-fact Kyle carried some of those stims on their powersuit but this fact wasn't about to be revealed immediately. Instead, Kyle without a weapon in either hand squat beside Luther with elbows straddling knees.

"Luther, listen to me." Kyle's robotic metallic voice was as soft as a droid could get, atleast that's how the Sergeant sounded. "We can help you, I know a good hospital in the Federal district that can produce what you're looking for. Don't throw your life away for this convicted spice-dealing trash." A pause was followed by another statement, placing a soft nearly affectionate palm on Luther's shoulder, Sergeant Whir leant closer in a display of uncharacteristic softness that would have no doubt startled Lannik by now having witnessed that same Coruscant Security Force Officer in the middle of a Psychotic Episode, in a situation where like Luther now they had been deprived of their counter-mutagen Stims. "You don't need to do this, there's a way out of this that doesn't involve unnecessary violence, you're safe now. We can protect you, I promise. All I'm asking you to do is trust me." Kyle's other hand steadily reached for the pistol clasped in Luther's fists with an open palm waiting patiently for Luther to surrender the weapon or activate its' visible safety if he attempted to depress the Trigger. "Give me the pistol Luther, you don't need that anymore. I'm here. I'm here."

Tears of all things welled in Kyle's hazel eyes to study Luther's filthy unkempt features this closely beneath the thin veneer of dirt and mud the proud visage and piercing blue eyes remained, it was a mix of happiness and sadness that Sergeant Whir concealed behind the faceplate and vocal distorter. Happiness to see a treasured kindred spirit they were certain dead alive, firstly. And secondly, sadness to realise just how far the two of them journeyed from First Imperial Space to the Core in shameful flight from a once shared duty.

Luther Ando, Deserter
qXyvuq9.png
He felt no pain as he crouched over the thug, despite his bruised knees and the raw skin around his cuffs. In fact, he felt very little at all. It was as if his soul had dissociated form his body. Or perhaps he didn't have a soul at all, he was just an empty vessel. It would certainly explain a lot.

He looked up to see the law enforcement take down Gresh. The large Aqualish flopped around a bit, before laying still, unconscious or dead. The pair then approached Luther and Crimson, their weapons still at the ready. Now that they were close, Luther could really get a good look at the pair. While both were heavily armoured, the smaller of the two was uniformed while the other was dressed in something non-standard. The small one did the talking, addressing Crimson specifically. ‘They support me, not my hostage’ Luther thought in wry amusement.

“Look, I wronged you. I admit it”. Luther head snapped back to the lowlife underneath him. “I’m used to dealing with helpless junkies, not ex-spies”. Crimson’s voice had a breathless quality, no doubt due to press of Luther’s knees on his chest. “But think of it this way. You shoot me, you go into prison for life. But if you spare me, we both just go into lock-up for a week and walk away”. It was a sound argument, Luther begrudgingly thought, and not borne of trickery. The fear in Crimson’s eyes said that much; he wasn’t one to roll the dice with his life on the board. ‘He knows my name, what I look like’. Visceral thoughts were cascading down his mind, acting as catalysts for even darker imagery. ‘He knows about the bounty; he knows about my weakness'. 'He has to die’.

His trigger finger tightened, before slackening as the tall officer crouched by next to him. The man spoke in a soft voice, or as soft as the metallic speak would allow him, and assured him that they could find Luther medical help. The man placed a hand upon Luther’s shoulder, causing the latter to recoil. Crimson let out a strangled gurgle as Luther’s jerking reaction drove the blaster barrel deeper into the soft flesh of his throat. The man was trying to talk him down, a bizarre sight considering the tech in his suit looked like it would allow him to take on a battalion alone. ‘Something isn’t right’ he thought. ‘These strangers are not my friends’. He felt a spike of pain settle into the front of his brain, signaling the start of another decent into sickness.

Then that word was said, the word that had been rattling around his head ever since the Order collapsed. “...trust...”. His body stiffened and he shook the man’s hand off his shoulder. The officer continued, asking for Luther’s weapon, but he was beyond listening at this point. Crimson saw the sudden change in mood and let out a small whisper: "Please, no".

“I don’t trust anyone” Luther said before pulling the trigger.

Kyle Whir,

"Don't listen to him Luther." The man desperate now was possessed by a particularly homicidal look in his eyes, Kyle's dark eyes watch and observe as Luther's pistol barrel sunk deeper into the skin of crimson's throat threateningly, that didn't look good and already Sergeant Whir suspected accurately that he wasn't getting through to the confused and borderline Psychotic Ando, Kyle had seen all of these symptoms before they'd seen it in themselves. Luther shook Whir hand from the perch it found on the former's shoulder. Kyle knew from the way Luther's limbs tensed and he leant into the weapon's barrel that he was about to fire, Sergeant Whir wasn't about to let the man he knew as a former Death Trooper and therefore Comrade throw their life away upon the anvil of Coruscant's Judicial System.

Kyle didn't say a word they lunged forward without a warning wrapping their fingers around the pistol's barrel pushing it from Crimson's throat just far enough so that it cleared the convicted criminal's body in a valiant display to not just save Crimson, but Luther aswell. Kyle wouldn't let go of the blaster yet, instead he advanced softly driving a knee into Luther's breast just beneath the man's chin in his straddling position. "I'm not going to let you just throw your life away like that Luther, I'm not giving up on you now!" Even through the vocal distorter Lannik would be able to hear the pained fury and conviction that burst from Kyle, what was clear to anybody lucid was that Sergeant Kyle Whir for some inexplicable reason was either courageous enough or cared for Luther's person enough to place themselves in Jeopardy.

Whir's smaller but incredible unnaturally powerful hands moved to twist the pistol clear from Luther's wrist in a practiced example of joint-manipulation they'd learned as a First Imperial Supersoldier and then again as a Coruscant Police Officer. "Let go of the Blaster, now. Don't make me hurt you." Kyle glowered through their helmet, it would have been more than justifiable to have Lannik shoot Luther at this point but Whir would have things well in-hand over the Desperate Luther at this point, as the former not only possessed the same augmentations as the latter but the benefit of a mostly clear mind and sufficient stims pumping through their veins. "Don't shoot Lan, I've got this. Keep Gresh and Crimson detained!" He ordered with increased volume but disturbingly calm. Distant Sirens wailed, their shifting frequency suggesting to educated ears they were drawing closer.

Tags: [member="Luther Ando"] | [member="Kyle Whir"]

A5uaNL3.png

F14b6sn.jpg

Lannik merely graced his giant companion with another deadpan look at his usage of boy, before following it up with an exaggerated shrug as if to say ‘What’s done is done’.

It was obvious like a turbohammer to the head, considering Whir’s main concern was on ensuring that Ando didn’t continue to dig himself deeper into the chit hole. Despite his confusion and ever-growing curiousity over the unfolding situation, Lannik turned his attention towards the still-twitching Gresh as his companion ordered. With his lips pursed into a thin line, the stormtrooper knelt down beside the prone aqualish, pulling his arms to the back and snapping a stuncuff over their thick wrists.

While the brunet didn’t like that he was still mostly in the dark, he knew this was not the time for explanations. Not with Ando being so obviously desperate and unhinged. What did the karker do to him anyway? From the dark shadows that bruised his eyes and the state of his… well, entire being, Ando could easily be mistaken as someone who was addicted to one of the many illicit drugs on the market and that it was being held back to control him. Until now, that is.

With a simple command, his HUD scanned the condition of the stunned target and came back green. No need for me to waste any stims on this useless lump then. Still kneeling, Lannik patted the body with methodical care, removing each and every piece of weaponry and substances he found and placing it into a bag to serve as evidence. Satisfied that he managed to find enough to get the aqualish in trouble no matter what his complaints are later, the brunet got back up on his feet and turned his attention back towards the trio.

Karking son of a nerf, what the kriff is even happening?

What he assumed was posturing from Ando was apparently something far darker and severe, going by how the jolly grey giant was talking him down. Way to go, self. Guess this is why they say never to assume, less you’d make an arse of you and me, huh? Quietly, Lannik raised his blaster rifle again, his features set in grim determination. Though the stormtrooper held a clear distaste for the two thugs and knew they deserved what was coming to them, he was also not about to allow Ando to blast a hole through their throat.

While the sergeant knew Whir was more than capable of taking care of himself, especially considering he was well-protected from any lashing out Ando could do by the powersuit he wore, it never sat well with Lannik himself to allow someone he considered an ally and friend both to be attacked. And the ex-spy – was that why he has a bounty on his head? – looked crazed enough that he may do just that.

In the silence of the alley and with adrenaline coursing through his veins, his senses were clear and sharp. Though Lannik knew he was too far away to be of much help, the moment the words ‘I don’t trust anyone’ filled the air between the men, the brunet started, taking a step forward with his arms angled and locked in preparation of shooting Ando with another stunner. And if it were not for the sudden shift of Whir’s own form struggling to quell the ex-spy from making an irreversible mistake, the stormtrooper would have unleashed another ring of energy without hesitation.

E chu ta!

Carefully, he watched as Whir began to attempt to wrestle the blaster away from the resisting Ando. “Listen to K, Ando. A moment of retribution may be satisfying, but the chit you’ll end up with won’t be worth this karker’s life,” he added, though he held no delusions that his words would aid his companion in talking the other down. But he needed to try, because Whir himself sounded more emotional than anything he has ever heard before. And just in case the giant required him to leap in to the fray, the stormtrooper slowly moved out of the ex-spy’s field of vision, the barrel of his blaster steady and ready to fire as soon as an opportunity presented itself.

His eyes became narrowed in annoyance, and a hiss of frustration filled his helmet when a familiar voice and its metallic echo resounded through their shared comms. But despite his displeasure, Lannik acquiesced to Whir's request. “Copy. I hope you know what you’re doing, K. He seems beyond reasoning.” Just like how Whir was back on Byss. But while the other remained much of a mystery to Lannik, he has also earned enough of his trust and goodwill for the brunet to follow his lead. His gaze flashed towards Gresh’s body for a fleeting moment, noting that the other was still out cold. He turned back his focus towards Crimson, prepared to stun and drag the remaining thug’s body out from under the two titans and slap another set of stuncuffs on his person.

A plan slowly formed in his mind as the brunet carefully made his way closer, his blaster now pointed downwards and towards the unfortunate kark.

Oi. If you can subdue your friend and drag him away from the area, there’s an abandoned factory three blocks away. I can cook up a story and join you guys as soon as I give my report and find a way to excuse myself,” He spoke through their private comms, marking the location for Whir over their systems before switching so that the still-awake scavenger could hear him clearly. “I’m sure Crimson is grateful enough that he’ll get to keep his life he'll keep his karking hole shut and follow my lead in whatever I'd say to the other officers, right?

Luther Ando
qXyvuq9.png

Time moved in slow motion as he squeezed the trigger. His weak shaking hands seemed to take an age to move the thin piece of metal. The red flash of the blaster blinded him, and his vision returned to find that he’d somehow missed. A black scorch marked the ground by Crimson’s head, alongside the remains of the thug’s ear. Luther looked down at the weapon, as Crimson screamed, surprised to find another pair of hands gripping the barrel.

The officer, identified only so far as ‘K’, shouted at Luther. "I'm not going to let you just throw your life away like that Luther, I'm not giving up on you now!". Even through the vocal distorter, Luther could hear pain and emotion in the man’s voice. He slumped back, offering no resistance as the officer deftly disarmed him and pushed him off Crimson. He scrabbled away, putting a few feet between him and the injured drug dealer. Eyes-wide, he looked onto the scene laid before him. The other officer, only identified as ‘Lan’, had secured Gresh and looked on warily. Crimson was hunched over in a foetal position, his hand clutching at the bloody wound on the side of his head. His cries had died down to a whimper.

Luther let out a small chuckle, a small bubble of hilarity from deep in his gut. The small sound triggered a chain reaction and soon he was letting out a full-blown cackle, a loud maniacal sound. “I’ve witnessed the fall of an entire Empire. A force of colossal power and responsibility collapse and crumble until all that’s left is dust and ghosts”. He crawled forward, salty tears falling from his face even as his bellowing laughter continued. “I fled halfway across a galaxy, claiming to be chasing a cure to a sickness, when really I was running from the truth”. His head pounded and world seemed to spin on its axis as he moved. “I died when the First Order did. I have no identity outside my service to Sieger Ren”.

The ache had returned, worse than before. “And now an unknown man asks me to trust him” The laughter was starting to die now. “Says that he can heal me, says that he can save me”. He crawled forward and stared directly into K’s face. “If that is true, then you only have one course of action to spare this wretched soul…”

“Shoot me”.

The sickness caught up to him and he collapsed as the muscles in his arms and legs gave out. His head impacted with the ground with great force, rendering Luther almost immediately unconscious.

Kyle Whir,

Kyle let Luther scramble away without pursuing the man Sergeant Whir fought to keep their clenched fists beside thighs, every ligament and fiber within their augmented physiology compelled them to fight Ando. Tears and blood streamed down from Kyle's hazel eyes they narrowed together in a desperate attempt to stem the flow from their hemorrhaging nervous system. Kyle was about to speak their lips had just finished parting with the acrid taste of their own fetid blood touching the tip of their tongue before Luther's body slumped unconscious on the floor. "Lan, if you ever suggest something like that again." Whir glowered in a pained anger, their fists tremored and convulsed violently. "You might face an obstruction charge."

Hurrying beside Luther's unconscious body Whir placed him precisely in a recovery position and used the light from their tandem brass glowing eye lenses. Two ambulances pulled up against the curb just in front of the alley their sirens were silent but lights whirred blue and red wildly. Colonel Wilso stormed down the alley wearing a Coruscant Security Force field dress, he did not run although his walk possessed of an urgency just short of it the Colonel wouldn't be so undignified to run the short distance although their heavy step told of a barely suppressed concern or anger. "Sergeant! Are you alright!?" Wilso's voice demanded an answer in a shrilly tobacco-stained voice, seeing Whir struggle like that with anybody was uncanny.

The reply came in a simple nod. "Good, are we taking these into custody then?" Standing steadily as a pair of Paramedics arrived to examine and haul Luther onto a Gurney. "Yeah, all three of them I'll submit an incident report before finishing up my shift. I'll also book them into Yularen Public Hospital in the Federal District up top. They'll need a new escort too, Colonel." Wilso, confused that Whir would try to relinquish their responsibility over the investigation had to inquire further.

"I suspect there are is a story behind this." Kyle swallowed as Luther, Gresh and Crimson were carted away Coruscant Security Force Officers filed into the alley setting up a cordon and establishing a crime scene. Sergeant Whir ushered themselves, Lannik and Wilso out of the way of the Forensic personnel. "Declarable associations, I'll have to hand off my material relating to the investigation. One of the Offenders? Luther Ando, the one who I put into the recovery position is a friend of mine who I possess a strong and enduring connection with, it would compromise the integrity of any investigation and any subsequent prosecution." Wilso scratched at their opaque blue visor where their chin would have been thoughtfully.

Placing a supportive hand atop Kyle's gauntlet Wilso forcefully pivoted the Sergeant to face them even through a vocal distorter the Colonel could hear and even 'feel' the palpable shame radiating from Sergeant Whir but the source oft he same? Wilso could only begin to speculate. "I understand. Who should I contact regarding the court attendance notice, bail surety and next of kin for this 'Luther Ando'?"

Meeting Wilso's gaze under the flashing red and blue lights. "Me, you know my holonumber." Kyle began after thanking Lannik and shaking the Stormtrooper's hand firmly and giving Hayes a supportive albeit gentle punch into the pauldron, a sign of camaraderie amongst emergency services and military personnel. It was a short walk to a nearby Panther Police Interceptor Airspeeder where Kyle respectfully placed their rifle into its' boot with the intention to finish work plain in their movements "I'll pick him up from the hospital. Can you call the staff and tell them his spouse will be collecting him? Oh and I'll have a florist send something his way after he's lucid to read so he knows who I am." Despite being six and a half feet tall, Sergeant Whir looked particularly vulnerable and slumped for a few seconds

"Sir, if you could recommend the bail application for approval. I would be very happy." Kyle intoned in a plea or as much as a plea as one could muster through a Coruscant Security Force vocal distorter, the Sergeant who was accustomed to standing proud and tall even bowed humbly towards Wilso which solicited a bemused chuckle from the Colonel who like Lannik was accustomed to being on the wrong side of Kyle's ire and tolerated being spoken to by a subordinate only because of their sheer dedication to duty. Waving a hand, Wilco acquiesced verbally to Whir's bashful request.

They would have immediately climbed into the interceptor and started on their journey back to the Station for disarmament but stopped themselves short long enough to climb into the Ambulance where the Paramedics treating Luther busied themselves preparing him for patient transport. "Here." Kyle said producing two vials of Counter-Mutagen Stimulants, a hastily written piece of paper with the clinical names of every stim or drug included in that cocktail including dosage levels and a doctor's prescription stored on a holodisk. "This will help you fine gentlemen to find the most suitable pharmaceutical solution to treat Mister Ando's psychosis."

One of the two Human Paramedics raised a nitrile-gloved hand in protest before accepting the potentially useful information with a sigh. "Thanks for the help Lan, I'll be in-touch." The Sergeant said in passing before climbing into their Police Interceptor and taking off not long thereafter.

Lannik Hayes, Obnoxious Visitor
Equipment: A bouquet of sunbursts, a box of sandwiches, a flask of strong caf
Location: Yularen Public Hospital, Federal District, Coruscant

A5uaNL3.png

Tired, cranky, and more than a little sore about the night before, the slumped form of one Lannik Hayes made for a convincing impersonation of a particularly indolent zombie as he shambled into the hospital room where Ando has landed himself in. Carrying a small bouquet of brightly coloured sunbursts in a hand, and a box of sandwiches and a huge flask of strong caf in the other, it was one of the rare times where the brunet found himself out of uniform and armour and donning a casual combination of a loose white shirt and deep grey pants.

He walked past the resting form of the man from yesterday, none of the manic desperation and unveiled insanity from before could be seen in his mien. It was a revelation, and answered many questions that he had in regards to other when Lannik has realised that Ando was also part of the First Order. But unlike me, he must be higher up in the food chain to have a bounty placed on his head. It had been a terrible thing to bear witness to, to see a man reaching the last of his tethers and completely shatter before his eyes.

Placing the flowers gently by the low table beside the bed, the stormtrooper spilled into the chair meant for visitors, setting the box and flask on the overbed table that has been pushed against the wall of the sterile room. With his easy charm and more than several bad habits he had gained from his charge, it was simple for the other to talk himself in here. Letting out a deep sigh of contentment, Lannik stretched in his seat, the sound of his joints popping satisfying as he leaned back to take in Ando.

While the other seemed to be asleep, the brunet has never allowed it to stop him from talking at them. In fact, it encouraged him as the other was not able to stop the maglev train that was his mouth from saying what he liked. “So, you’re Whir’s husband, eh?” he spoke conversantly at the prone body before him, remembering the entry he peeked at downstairs when he was finding he way to the room. “No wonder he was being a right kark and was all worried over you.” Though Lannik has only encountered the other for the second time yesterday, Whir has always been brusque and kept his emotions well hidden.

It truly explained a lot. But it also made him wonder.

Ah, I’m being a savage kriff myself, aren’t I? Sorry ‘bout that. Don’t have much in the way of friends here in the confed just yet, so I forget that introductions is a thing I need to do. I’m Lannik Hayes, and I also used to be part of the First Order myself. A pleasure, I’m sure. Could do with meeting under better circumstances and all that, but what the galaxy shoves at you is what you get.” He shrugged, a hand reaching out to grab the flask, unscrewing its top and pouring a steaming cup of caf for himself.

I’d offer you some. But you’d have to wake up first, sleeping beauty.

Luther Ando
qXyvuq9.png
He breathed in and out slowly, watching as his breath condensed in the frigid air. There were few spots on Hoth that you’d find a temperature just warm enough to justify sitting outside, but the FOSB archives was built in one such miraculous spot. He lounged on one of the benches, staring out at the soft dusk light that reflected off the white snow. He was clothed in a tanker’s uniform, clothes he hadn’t worn in years. Clutched between his hands was a cup of caf, with a beautiful flavour that only nostalgia could replicate. “I wanted to come back here, before I died” Luther said to his companion sitting next to him. “I was only here for ten minutes but when I stared out across the snowfield, I felt truly at peace”. The woman next to shivered in the cold, bringing her shawl closer around her.

“It was the cold that killed me” she said, with that soft lilt he remembered so well. “But I did not die on Hoth. I died on Belsavis. In my home. Alone”. Luther frowned, tearing his eyes away and towards the old woman. “Let’s not talk of that, Mother. It has been so long since we’ve been together. Let us speak of happier times”. Jan Ando turned towards him and Luther could see a thousand years etched upon her face. This was not how he remembered her at all. She had none of her warmth, her jovial nature. “At what would we speak of son? Your abandonment of your family? The gradual obliteration of your identity in favour of unbreakable service to the Supreme Leader? Or how about with your first taste of freedom, you waste it away trying to shoot the scum that inhabit Coruscant’s underbelly?”

Luther winced at her sharp remarks but even as they cut deep, he could feel the poison of their stings leaking out of his soul. “I’m here now, Mother. Is that not enough?” He couldn’t keep the desperation out of his voice. Fifteen years and he was still the same boy with bruised knees. Jan gave a sad smile, the same she gave the day he left. “You have had a difficult path son, you know that I still love you”. She seemed so small and fragile, as if a stiff breeze would reduce her to ash. “But this is not where you belong, Luther. Not yet. The mortal realm is not done with you yet”.

The sun dipped below the horizon and with its departure a strong wind kicked up. He looked up as the snow flurried around them, bringing with it a chill that crept its way into his bones. “I’m not ready” Luther said, the cold air invading his lungs as he breathed in. “I’ve never been ready”. He heard no response and turned to find an empty spot on the bench.

The swirling snowstorm surrounded him, pressing in close and obstructing his vision. He rose from the seat, stepping forth into the mist. His feet sank a few inches into the snow, and he expected to feel the crunch of gravel as he hit the frozen ground underneath. Instead, his stomach did a somersault as his fell deeper and deeper into the drift. He opened his mouth to scream, but it only filled with snow as the white powder surrounded him. It pressed in at all sides, smothering him. He felt the cold creep ever further into his body, causing him to shiver and spasm.

Soon it was too much and he…
- - - - -

...woke up in a cold sweat. He’d tossed and turned in his sleep, somehow managing twist his sheets around him. They pulled tightly around his chest, restricting his breathing ever so slightly. He untangled himself, wincing as he moved his sore legs.

The private hospital room was shockingly white, which proved to be disturbing after his nightmare. ‘That felt real’ he thought. ‘Too real’. The lights above his head were also white, and painfully bright, so he closed his eyes and lay still.

He was trying to remember one of his FOSB meditative stances when he heard some enter. Initially assuming it was a Nurse, his heart lurched as he heard an unfamiliar voice. It took all his will not to stir and open his eyes. He found from experience that people said more when they thought another couldn’t hear. And Lannik Hayes had much to say.

‘Am I still dreaming?’ Luther thought. He was sure he’d remember getting married, he was in a particularly bad state after the scuffle with Crimson, but he remembered everything. Or at least the important bits.

He opened one eye and stared at Lannik. “You must be the small officer with the big mouth” Luther said, rising into a sitting position and opening the other eye. He reached over and took the cup Lannik had poured for himself. He gave the man a smile and a small salute before taking a sip of the beverage. Warmth spread through his body, now fully banishing the cold he felt earlier.

He let out a sound of satisfaction, placing the cup on the side table and angling towards the officer. “Now Lannik ‘I used to be in the First Order’ Hayes” he said. “What is it that you want?”

A young male scrub-sheathed Human Nurse entered into the pristine white room inhabitated by two men carrying an indigo box of flowers with an intense albeit brief and successful struggle. With a chuckle he laughed at the display in what could only be described as an example of self-depreciating humour. "Mister Ando." He paused catching his breath having climbed up three flights of stairs in the pursuit of greater fitness. "Is it your wife? She purchased you some flowers and wanted to have them sent up."

He released a chuckle seeing that there was already a punnet of Flowers straddling the man's bedside table and yet despite this decided to add the collection sent by his 'spouse' to Lannik's own gift, gesturing towards the soil-filled indigo box the Registered Nurse pointed something within it out for Luther to examine. "They even sent along a cute little message." Planting both hands on hips he laughed. "MY girlfriend didn't send flowers, just don't tell her I said that."

The nurse made a noose gesture around their throat with a smile. "She'd kill me!" Goofiness was one of the ways Bryce attempted to add some cheer into his patient's lives. "Anyway, there's a little buzzer there for you if you ever need anything Mister Ando." He made two 'finger guns' and gestured to the door over left shoulder. "And don't be alarmed but you'll see two Coruscant Security Force Officers outside your room at times. They'll be leaving after your wife arrives, I don't understand how all that works." He admitted noncomittal with a shrug. "I'm a Nurse, not a Cop."

Beginning to make his way out of the room he called back once more. "Again, if you need anything! Just buzz!"

Within the Indigo Box of flowers sat a plain and featureless hand-written white card featuring a message written by the Florist's hand but given life by this "Wife":

Hope you're feeling better, Andy. I'll be there soon.
-K

[member="Lannik Hayes"], [member="Luther Ando"]

Lannik Hayes, Obnoxious Visitor
Equipment: A bouquet of sunbursts, a box of sandwiches, flask of strong caf
Location: Yularen Public Hospital, Federal District, Coruscant

A5uaNL3.png

His shoulders tensed even as a faint jolt shuddered through his figure when a blue eye cracked open. Kark these sneaks, he swore inwardly, the rate of his heartbeat racing as he took in a sharp inhale. But as soon as Ando spoke, his eyes narrowed at the banter. A part of him was glad that the other seemed well enough to be sass him about yesterday evening, because he had looked more like one of those living dead then.

But before he was able to build up a retort, Ando reached out and committed the ultimate betrayal. His fingers twitched around empty air as the other brunet took his liquid ambrosia and savoured it. And it was something Lannik would have waged war over, if not for the fact that:

One. The man has descended to hell and back the day before.

Two. Whir would obviously side with his husband and after the slugfest he had witnessed on Byss, Lannik was not about to touch that.

Still, the stormtrooper was not to about let this go without some form of petulance, lest Ando thought him a pushover. “Yeap, that would be me. Though there’s nothing wrong with my size,” Lannik gave the other a slow onceover, from head to toe and back to elucidate his point. “The both of you are just giants.Really, what did they put in the water in the First Order? And why wasn’t he any taller?

Giving Ando a deadpan look when the other set down the cap, the male decided if the other was well enough to caffeinate himself, he was probably also ready for something to eat. While the caf and sandwiches were for himself, Maker forbid that Whir’s husband have to eat bland hospital food while there was something more palatable at hand. “Glad to see you’re awake though. I thought you’d be out of it for a day or two actually.

But first, an answer to the reasonable question posed towards him.

I know Whir in the passing and he did me a solid. And after what went down, I thought I should look you up and see for myself that you’re doing fine.” And that was the biggest part of the reason why Lannik found himself here on his day off. “And to a smaller extent, I admit I’m curious about Whir and your presence has only piqued my interest further. All I know about the jolly giant is that he’s not… baseline human.” There was no point in hiding it. While the brunet tried not pry too deeply into it, it was also something that he could not quite ignore.

But before he could finish his words, he caught sight of movements at the door from the corner of his eyes. Lannik fell quiet, watching on in amusement as a nurse entered the room with an indigo box. But when he mentioned ‘wife’, his lips broke into a wide grin, even as his nose scrunched from trying hard not to break into loud undignified guffaws. And he quite managed it too, persevering until the nurse has stepped out of the room.

A loud peal of laughter escaped him as Lannik clutched at his stomach. “Wife!” he managed to get out, before he continued to laugh for another few seconds. Sucking in a deep breath to calm his hysterical amusement, the brunet wiped a tear from his eyes, leaning forward with the flask still mostly full of caf to pour another serving into the cap-mug the sneak has stolen from him.

I’m not asking for answers from you. If I really wanted one, I’d ask Whir himself. But at the same time, I can’t quite quench my curiousity,” he made a gesture at himself with his free hand. “So here I am, staring at you like a creeper and hoping that I can connect the dots on my own.” He reached out and stole Ando’s own unused mug, filling it for himself this time. “Go on, feel free to ignore me and open up the box from your ‘wife’.” At the last word, Lannik the ever-mature once again snickered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom