Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Ghosts & Knuckles

Nar Shaddaa - A little after Midnight local - The Ram Jam Fight Bar & Entertainment Lounge

Rax leaned over, snorting into the bucket presented as the club went wild. He didn't look so hot. Bruised and bloodied, sweating like a racehorse, and his lip was clearly split from the bare-knuckle boxing he had been doing for the last nine minutes. With three-minute rounds, the start of the fourth was coming up now. He was something of a phenom within this area, practically undefeated, other than the dives he had taken. Tonight, wasn't a dive however, just a run on. The club's manager would let Rax get away with murder with how much credits he had made him. Even considering Rax absolutely hated throwing fights. Letting some punk welt on him to make the show look good just wasn't his deal. That being said, he wasn't exactly someone that needed to much attention. A runaway Sith from a collapsed empire, he just wanted to eat and maybe... Maybe, have a shot at a regular life. Hell, he even had a girlfriend now.

He glanced over to her in the crowd, noting her worried expression, and would offer her a bloody smile in return. She knew he hated it when she looked at him like that. Always worrying about him. Admittedly, he hadn't even told her his true nature. The Sith part of him was a secret. Lest he be hunted down by Jedi Shadows again. They were particularly tricky to lose once they found you, and having killed a pair only a few years ago, there was a chance he was still sought after by them. Which was where the Ram Jam came into play. The place was seedy, but for most the residents of Nar Shaddaa, if you wanted to see grown men beat the life out of each other and get a decent drink at the same time... This was the best show in town.

And R-Tee was the main attraction. He came up with the nickname as a play on his own. And while most anyone wouldn't know the name Tremira. There was one woman who might find it suspiciously similar to her own. He came up with it as a teenager, and didn't have much time to really give it thought, he thought he did decently though.

'Good Kid, huh? One more round man, give me one more minute, then you take his fethin head off, hear me? Huh, hear me Rax?'

He peered around the man at his opponent, a Twi'lek that was just as ripped as he was, if not a little meatier. He was a damn dinner, as far as Rax was concerned, but he just couldn't eat it yet.

'YO, YOU LISTENING TO ME?'

His green hues snapped onto his pal, blinking a few times though his eye was slightly swollen up. By the Force he hated having to do it this way, but he was good at pain. Dishing, and receiving. It just made sense for him.

"One minute, Drop him... I hear you!"

He yelled back, playing into the game with this man. This was his fourth opponent for the night. Each one raised the pot, and therefore his take home if he could win. Though as aforementioned he didn't pick who he beat. He just dropped them when Nona Chen said so, the Toydarian offered Rax some water, which he swished around in his mouth before spitting it into a bucket, popping in his mouth guard he would stand and maintain his corner until the bell rung. And he was back at it again.

He danced around with the Twi'lek, just trying to avoid the overpowered heavy blows the Twi'lek was intent on hitting him with. Maintaining some spacing. The hardest thing about this was always making sure he didn't finish it too quick. And the occasional shot that slipped his notice and hit him unawares. Those were the ones that knocked you out. Though with the training he had received in his life, the shots of his opponents might as well have been delivered with hands wrapped in bubble-wrap or something. Another heavy shot hit him in his temple, causing what felt like light to flash in his eye. And suddenly he was against the ropes, the Twi'lek went to town, and Rax ate a shot that winded him briefly, making him cage up and simply defend.

Being unable to see his corner, as another shot rocked him, he realized he didn't know when he needed to hit his opponent, slipping out from the ropes and loosing pent breath. Once he could see his corner, he glanced over, spotting the Toydarian clapping his hands rapidly, fingers rolling over one another. Was that it? That was it...

As his opponent approached again, he went suddenly on the offensive, growling out as he fired two uppercuts to his stomach. Sharp 'Oouus, ouuus' audible from him as he chose not to hold back. The energy in the place exploded as he suddenly went from being a moving punching bag to beating the daylights out of the Twi'lek. Letting some of his hatred seep into his shots, but having to remember he couldn't just kill the man out here... Force knew he wouldn't mind it though.

Only a few more moments would pass before the Twi'Lek had fallen, and Nona Chen had again swindled some poor out of towners out of their credits. This was the game you see, no man in their right mind would fight someone built like Rax unless they put in that level of work as well and were confident in themselves. Hence the consecutive fights. The more they went, Nona claimed he needed more money in the pot, after all Rax was taking a risk right? Except he wasn't. Nona didn't know the full reason why, but he did know the kid was tough as nails.

A minute and fifteen seconds into the first round, Rax had knocked the Twi'lek not only unconscious, but out of the ring, raising his hands in victory and flexing his muscles. Briefly he turned and winked at the girl he was dating, eliciting a smile from her, and a shake of her head. Returning to his corner.

'One more kid? We've got twenty-six large for the night, well you know.. Twenty percent for me. Got one more in you or you done?'

Rax let the corner fix up his wounds, looking out curiously into the crowd, then turning to Nona with a confident double-nod.

"One more, then I'm done."

He said, as Nona flew off to get on the microphone, seeing if he could get anyone else to challenge the champion, R-Tee. His bet after this many matches? The purse? Thirteen Thousand, literally half of all the credits they had swindled tonight. Rax leaned his head back in the ring, right against the corner post. Not really paying attention to who was around him just then. Whoever it was, would just be another victim to the game.

Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru

Alina_divider.png.png

Underground fight clubs. How long had it been since she last was in one? Actually not that long ago. Like an old addiction she'd been pulled back into the scene. On other worlds, at least. It was a place she could feed, somewhat. Better than trying to seduce people and make them forget the night in her opinion. Beat someone to a bloody pulp, then make due with the blood on her knuckles.

The credits helped, too.

This wasn't just a night to feed though. She'd heard the rumors. A powerful fighter making a name for himself. Rax making a name for himself. Rax Tremira, for that matter. The similarity didn't go unnoticed. Her former apprentice.

She.. Wasn't sure why she was here, in truth. Nothing she thought of made any sense in the long run. But she was here regardless. Knuckles cracked as she stepped into the ring. Bandages wrapped her chest, leaving her pale, muscled form easily seen. An invitation for dinner, if this didn't go well. All it'd take is the right pair of eyes on her to get something to go.

"Shall we?" Her voice called out to the figure before her. His back was turned, but she immediately knew who it was. "It's time for another lesson."

Rax opened his eyes, and his heart skipped a beat. Not out of fear, but... Well, call it learned respect. His head snapped towards Nona, pointing towards Alina, and called him over rapidly. The Toydarian flapped over, to which Rax leaned partly through the ropes, trying to be discreet.

"Not this one Nona, don't take the bet."

The Toydarian's snout ruffled with surprise, eyes searching Rax's briefly before turning to the woman in question.

'The heck Tee, you don't wanna hit a girl or something? She looks tough.'

"Nona, don't take the damn bet. If you are bet a quarter"

'I uhhh.. I alr-... Already put it in, she jumped in man what do you want me to do? You know her?'

Rax's head dipped lightly, glaring at Nona briefly before getting to his feet with gusto and emphasis. No way. The woman had been out of his life for years, she thought she could just slip in and unhinge it? Alright, he knew all too well what she was capable of before, but he wasn't scared of ghosts. She was just another fighter, and the very sight of the woman has pissed him off well beyond what he felt was normal. Rax aggressively shoved in his mouth guard and balled up his fists.

"Shall we?" Her voice called out to the figure before her. His back was turned, but she immediately knew who it was. "It's time for another lesson."

"The Last One!"

He said, voice slightly distorted by the mouthguard. Nona... Sensed, something was up with him. He had never, ever, ever seen the guy so worked up for an opponent. Much less a girl? What the heck was the deal? Oh, hell wasn't any of his business. Grabbing the microphone, he would hype the crowd up further.

'You ready for more maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayhem! Let's get those BETS IN!!!'

Nona said, intent on turning around and telling Rax what the gameplan was, but he was already nearing the center of the ring. The crowd drowning out his call to Rax.

'KID!?'

He called out, although Rax couldn't hear it, nor would he care in the moment. Something about Alina's sudden appearance forced many repressed emotions to the surface. And he wanted her to feel that in a way he knew she understood to well. She had taught him as much.

Alina_divider.png.png

Her head tilted as she listened to the conversation. Unnaturally sharp ears picked up every word. So this was how Rax Tremira Rax Tremira made money these days? Alina clicked her tongue. Arms down by her side, she just waited. Didn't even bother with a stance. She didn't need to. They both knew she was more than prepared to strike him if he chose to close in. And he did.

She smiled a little. No hesitation. So he at least remembered that much.

Then Alina was in front of her. A blink of an eye. No one in the crowd saw her move. Just that she was there, arm up. Fist swung right for his chin. "Last one." She echoed what he said. And the joy, the thrill of the fight, slowly started to leak into a smile on her lips.

The crowd would murmur at the movement, although Rax was on it like white on rice. head sliding left while he simultaneously threw a heavy hook towards her stomach. Feeling a light sting on his cheek. He knew what a cut felt like, and immediately noted he probably didn't want to eat a shot from his old Master right now.

Was she even his old Master? He hadn't gotten a new one. Why wasn't he thinking about the fight? Oh, he was pissed...

Alina_divider.png.png

"I see you're still blind in your anger." The punch hit her stomach, and Alina had stopped moving. Her body was stronger than it was before. Like steel. The longer she lived as a Sangnir the more she'd figured out on what she could do. How she could strengthen herself. She flashed a grin, her fangs on full display and she suddenly whipped around. Heel set to crack Rax Tremira Rax Tremira on the jaw.

"Apologies for not teaching you how to see past it."

"I see you're still blind in your anger."

She was hard, admittedly harder than he expected her to be, but even steel dented if you hit it enough. He noted she had stopped moving. Feeling high on adrenaline and anger in the moment. Her move had a counter move, he should have dropped and swept the vulnerable leg, but something caught him him off guard.

She flashed a grin, her fangs on full display

The heel kick caught him flush, right in the swollen eye, opening him up as if she had run a blade across him. Though the medics on the ringside were good at their job, and the bleeding was coagulated quickly after starting, smearing over his exposed chest. Rax shook his head, recalling what he had just seen. Was Alina even human anymore? Had she done it purposely for a fear effect?

"Apologies for not teaching you how to see past it."

"Still fethin' standing, My Master"

He mumbled, pulling himself in, and loosing a cool rush of air out of his nose. Clean shots, wait for her, then punish. It was then she saw it, his green hues adopting that light yellow taint. He was tapping into the Dark. Focusing his intent on the woman. His guard changed a bit, lowering his hands and almost inviting an attack at his chest, or face.

"Come on, you used to knock me off my feet with those. Don't tell me you're getting old."

He quipped, still rageful, but he learned his lesson on the spot it seemed. He didn't have a chance in hell beating her if he was throwing wild. Draw her in, do his damage. And avoid any solid shots from the woman. It was as simple as that. He didn't want to lose to her. Not again. He didn't want to feel like she was his better anymore, although in all reality he wasn't even sure if he could match her anymore. What had she become?

Alina_divider.png.png

Alina was the picture of calm. Watching Rax Tremira Rax Tremira as he took the heel. Recovered. Took back his stance. He'd grown himself. She remembered back then, back when they first met. How she beat him. Then later, older. Now? He could truly hold his o- Anger flashed in her eyes as he taunted her. Old? She couldn't age at all. Even now the eternal youth she had was clear on her face. As much as she carried herself someone old, she would always be eighteen.

And she hated it. And he brought that up.

Through that anger she rushed out. Faster than before. Her yellow eyes flashed as she, like him, let the Force surge through her. Forced it, really, and launched a fist right up for his chin.

There it was, mind-play was a two-way street, and Alina wasn't without her own ego and problems. True, Rax knew not of what they were but in this little area. Nothing else mattered to him. Not the girl sitting in the crowd, watching him with a look of shock, nor his Toydarian handler. Not even their past, as horrible as it was to say. He had become more, and Alina needed to understand that much. The anger in her eyes spoke volumes. It spoke a language that as far as this establishment was concerned, only those two could speak. The crowd had become silent now. Admittedly a few still spoke, carrying on, but those with their eyes on the fight were dedicated fully to it.

This was a different level. Something they were unaccustomed too. Something they perhaps didn't even need to be seeing in the first place. As aforementioned though, for Rax at least everything else had melted away. The only thing that remained was the cheeky woman ahead of him.

Her strike connected, forcing his head back, but only lightly moving his neck, face scrunching, left eye closed, his swollen right still glared at her as he again came in with a heavy right hook. Although Irregardless of the hit or miss of the attack, he would combo this, firing another shot with is left under where he assumed her guard would be, again at that steel gut she seemed to have. If she was hard like stone, then he would splinter it. Unmoving like steel, then he was going to bend her.

Alina_divider.png.png

Still he stood. She couldn't lie about being impressed. The punch caught her cheek, turning her head. There wouldn't be a bruise, not even a scuff mark, but he still made her move. Her eyes blinked. Her tongue clicked again. Rax Tremira Rax Tremira wasn't an acolyte anymore, was he? The next punch in her gut had her step back slightly, her eyes narrowing. So she threw another back. Swinging for his stomach in turn.

"You can't beat me." She was stating a fact. That's how she spoke. That's what her expression said. She stared at him, the anger turning to passiveness. Control.

His second hit landed, and he quickly pumped air in and out of his body. When she moved back, he took a practiced step forward, keeping tight with her. He tried to block her stomach strike, but it hit flush. Perhaps pure luck that it didn't wind him, but it definitely hit. His face scrunched up lightly on the impact, taking a few bouncing steps back and letting his hands move back up to guard his upper although she had just attacked his lower.

"You can't beat me."

"You think I give a chit about that, then you aren't Ali-.."

He choked up on that, he couldn't even bring himself to say her name. She had calmed however, and he followed suit, inhaling deeply and maintaining his guard, inching back in towards her. Her mind games wouldn't work on him anymore. That was for sure She was going to have to kill h-

DING.

The bell rung, and the round had ended, but Rax was still standing there, heart thudding heavily in his chest; glaring at the woman and heaving breaths. Now what, he was supposed to go back to his corner, sit down and let them tend him? Pretend all of this wasn't happening?

He turned, moving to the ropes and angrily stepped through, stepping to the ground and walking out of the lounge without a second thought.

'Kid! Kid!?'

The Toydarian called out behind him, but he had already shoved his way through the crowd and was heading outside without a shirt on, bloodied and bruised, but too angry to stay in this place any longer.

Something told him he wouldn't be alone for too long however.

Alina_divider.png.png

She didn't move after him. Not at first, at least.

"You think I give a chit about that, then you aren't Ali-.."

There it was. Unresolved issues from their past, then? Bubbling back to the surface? The bell rang before she could respond, if she was going to. Alina wasn't sure if she was. Didn't matter. Rax turned to leave. Full on leave, at that. The Sangnir tilted her head, watching him force his way through the crowd. People were focused on him, but it quickly turned back to her.

Or would have, if she was still there. In the brief moment of chaos of Rax's seeming forfeit, she'd left. Too fast for them to see.

By the time Rax made it outside, she was there. Arms crossed, leaning against the wall as the door opened and he stepped outside. Not looking hostile but easily ready to slug him again if he tried anything.

"We have things to talk about."

"We have things to talk about."

"We don't have chit to talk about, I was just a boy. Do you even know what happened to your estate?"

The crowd outside immediately picked up his response, and he glanced at them before moving away. The truth was he wanted to speak to the woman, but he equally wanted her to know that she made him feel abandoned. Likely it was no fault of her own, but what did a sixteen-year-old boy care about that honestly? Given, he was a grown man now. It wouldn't have hurt as much if she was simply, well, dead or something. Having her pop up however, thinking she could tell him about 'what they had to talk about' was highly upsetting.

He walked a bit further, until they were down a few alleys, away from the crowds, and in an area that was light on residential traffic. If she was still following, which he imagined she was, he would turn back finally.

"I burned it down, you know. I didn't know what else to do. I waited for hours after the news came. Hours, and finally I thought to myself whatever secrets laid within were better ash than in the hands of our enemies. Everything... Everything I thought that was important, I put into you, and in what was our darkest hour, you were nowhere to be found. So, my Master forgive if I don't give a chit what you have to talk about right now? As far as I'm concerned you can leave the out the way you came in"

He said, pointing in an applicable and away from him direction.

Alina_divider.png.png

"You did what!?" Anger flashed in Alina's eyes. Pure anger. Her families estate. Her home. She held no love for her family, but her servants, her guards. It was as much their home as it was hers, at one point. Perhaps the estate would have burned on it's own, cursed by those who knew of the Tremiru family. But for Rax Tremira Rax Tremira to be the one who set it ablaze, for him to take a mockery of her name.

So she threw a punch. No holding back, not at all.

"That wasn't just my home! Or yours! You dumb child." The irony was not lost on her. Even with her being older, she looked younger. But as she lowered her fist, so too did her anger. She let out a sigh, closing her eyes.

"It.. Wasn't my intention to leave you. Any of you. But I ran. From the Sith. I couldn't bring you, not without endangering you all."

"You did what!?"

Whoops... He tensed, expecting something, but still as emotionally unsettled as he was in the moment, couldn't stop the strike from landing flush. He stumbled, then fell to a knee, looking up at her with a few understanding nods. Though he didn't care. Better ash, than in some Jedi grimoire.

"That wasn't just my home! Or yours! You dumb child."

Oh, she had busted his tongue good, he turned and spit out a loogie of what looked like pure blood and saliva, looking away as she expressed her discontent. What else was he supposed to do, she trained him to maintain their secrets, and she wasn't there. The options were few, and he picked the one that made sense to him.

He didn't try to stand back up, and sat down on the curb shirtless, thankfully still wearing shorts.

"It.. Wasn't my intention to leave you. Any of you. But I ran. From the Sith. I couldn't bring you, not without endangering you all."

He wasn't sure if he trusted that answer, but simultaneously he knew that it was the same thing he had done. They had called them to fight, and he didn't go. The fight was pointless, he saw from afar what was happening. Their leaders were nowhere in sight, just peons crashing themselves against the waves of invaders. He chose not to die like that, and became on Oathbreaker instead.

Though, he was still alive. That was what was important. Survival. Like Alina had told him when they had very first met.

"I... Still have all the holocrons, with me here on Nar Shaddaa. All the ones you told us to never touch, I figured they were the most important. And the ones you left behind in your study. About thirty-seven in total. I've been using them to train myself. You of course, can have them; they belong to you."

He admitted, finally getting to his feet, stumbling slightly. He had after all been getting pummeled by more than just her tonight. Yet still, he stood tall and strong. Sufficive to say he wasn't impervious. He needed to rest, or at least get some Bacta on his flesh. He nodded behind him.

"Come inside, I'll get them for you."

He said, turning and moseying on into a rundown apartment building, and ultimately into a dingy apartment. It was neat on one side, and a mess on the other. Clearly, two people lived here. If Alina was perceptive enough, she could tell the other was a female.

Alina_divider.png.png

Another sigh escaped her as she reopened her glowing eyes, just watching him in silence. She'd done a selfish thing when she ran. Into the arms of her lover, hiding in their estate. Guilt washed over her as she stared down at Rax Tremira Rax Tremira . He'd survived on his own. The same couldn't be said for the others. Without a word she followed after him, to his apartment. Apartment?

Annoyance filled her gaze as she glanced around the room. The scent of a woman wasn't hard to pick up. That mattered little to her.

"You've kept all thirty seven here? In this place? Do you want a Jedi to come kicking down your door?"

"You've kept all thirty seven here? In this place? Do you want a Jedi to come kicking down your door?"
He turned, smirking back at her. She really considered him a kid still didn't she.

"After studying each of them, yes... Notice you can't sense them?"

He asked, eyebrow raising at the obvious notable fact. Indeed she might have now backtracked realizing she wouldn't have noticed had he not told her.

He moved to the center of the room, pulling the carpet back with a single great heave, and pulled on a single metal loop to open a trapdoor in the floor. Within, the dragged out three chests, Alina would note that she could sense the space the chests held as themselves, but could not sense anything within.

"It was hard to learn, but I managed to figure it out. The same way the Jedi hide from us, used to hide my most priz-.... Your most prized assets. If you open them here, it could be a problem"

He noted, moving to sit, and folding his arms as he leaned back, observing Alina. He watched her for a moment, seeing how she would react; but would blurt it out.

"What are you?"

Alina_divider.png.png

"I can't sense anything through the Force." She muttered bitterly, turning a glare towards Rax Tremira Rax Tremira . Just for a brief moment. Her past scars from that simple inability weren't ever truly healed. But she sighed, brushing past it with a dismissive turn of her head to the chests. Better to focus on those instead. So he had a way to hide them? She was impressed, if he was right. Given the amount of dark artifacts hoarded together for so long without a thread, she figured he wasn't lying.

Then came the question. She blinked, glancing to him. Her change had come before he was her apprentice. Had he not learned before?

"Sangnir."

That was indeed true, though he had probably forgotten. To be fair, back then he was in the midst of the chaos and debauchery. It probably hardly registered at the time. He likely thought it was something to do with the Dark Path, and not an actual change of being. Was she being honest? Alina couldn't sense the Force? When did that happen, or had it always been that way? What in the hells was a Sangnir? In any case, he imagined it had something to do with sharp teeth, and the ability to tank a punch. He wasn't tooting his own horn when he said he knew he hit hard. He had killed many men with his fists alone. Women, too unfortunately. No one that didn't have it coming, is what he told himself.

"Well, it's all here. The seal should keep if you keep the boxes closed, so when you decide to open them, do it somewhere that you can defend well. The Jedi have their... Shadow units. Relentless, like Sith, but also... Not. They fight like us though. Its hard to explain how the work, but their main goal seems to be routing ou-... Routing Sith out"

He wasn't sure if he should've said our kind anymore. He didn't know what Alina was anymore. Although, for some mad reason he still considered her a friend. His head snapped to the door, and he would shake his head.

"JUST COME IN!"

He yelled, a few beats passing before the door opened and the girl that was watching his fights at the bar entered. She looked at him with an endearing grin, then pouted slightly at Alina's presence in their home. Rax swayed slightly, left hand briefly lofting towards Alina.

"This is my... Old Sensei, Alina, she taught me how to fight.. Say hi."

'Hey Alina, I'm Trixie, Rax's girlfriend...'

He caught her anchor like feet immediately, and moved to dismiss her.

"Can we get a moment, I need to talk with her about some stuff."

Trixie looked at the chests on the floor, having never seen them before. She assumed it was maybe Alina's luggage, and asked a further question.

'Is sheeee, moving in?'

"NO, Trix, please give me a minute. She's just visiting I haven't seen her in years. Please..."

He said, nodding to their bedroom while raising his eyebrows at her. She seemed to get the hint and move on, offering Alina a head nod, and smiling at Rax before disappearing somewhere in the back of the apartment. Within a few moments the sound of the shower cutting on was audible.

Alina_divider.png.png

Alina didn't seem to be surprised at the guest. She'd heard the girls heartbeat. But.. She stayed quiet. Glancing off to let Rax Tremira Rax Tremira and Trixie talk. Trying not to listen in that much, not that she couldn't. Her eyes closed as she tried not to laugh. Alina, moving in? She shook her head. When the shower cut on she finally looked back to Rax, her lips thinning to a frown.

".. You have a life here you know. Why do you still cling to the Sith? It's going to get her hurt."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom