Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship GF-3B "Star Cutter" Talon Fighter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alor of Clan Gred, Mando'ad'jetii
unknown.png
mando-ooc.png

• Intent: Create a heavily updated version of the GF-3 Talon.
  • Image Source: Me
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: GF-3 Talon Fighter
mando-production.png

mando-technical.png

mando-standard-feat.png

• 2x Boosted thrust vectored ion-jet engines
  • Deflector shields
  • Astromech slot (comes with V1-series)
  • 4x PC-3 Uur "Silence" Starfighter particle cannons
  • 2x Strill Universal Launch Tubes
  • Advanced scanners
  • Flare and chaff countermeasures
  • S-foils
mando-adv-systems.png

mando-strengths.png

• Combination of speed, agility, and firepower.
  • Particle cannons provide explosive bolts.
  • Multi-role.
mando-weaknesses.png

• Lower squad count.
  • Master of none.
  • Has an overheating issue, requiring the s-foils to be open in combat.
mando-description.png

Made in the same vein as other CST updated fighters, the GF-3B "Star Cutter" Talon is a multi-role fighter designed for the group of Mandalorian clans known as the Resol'nare. The craft features many upgrades seen in the GF-2B Super TwinTail, including the addition of four Uur particle cannons. These cannons give the Star Cutter and added punch, and the explosive bolts can be difficult for defenses to stop. On top of this, its Still launchers allow the fighters to carry many kinda of ordinance, and bolster the multi-role aspect of the ship. At the same time, the GF-2B has upgraded engines, allowing it to fly faster and with more agility than many standard line fighters.

Another key feature was the fighters advanced scanners. These scanner gave the Star Cutter better "eyes" than other fighters, allowing it to track and target enemy fighters and capital ships more easily. The scanners could also cut through interference, making them more usable in places like nebulae and asteroid belts.

While the fighter has its pros, there are cons as well. The GF-3Bs can only be fielded in squadrons of eight, both with a lack of pilots and the amount of technology behind these fighters. Along with this, the boosted engines combined with the particle cannons have ended up creating a heating issue. While it was worked around by running cooling systems into the s-foil, this solution requires the vessel to open them before entering combat. The only other issue is that, since it's multi-role, the Star Cutter has no role it excels at. This can be a pro and a con in its own ways.

Last edited:

Shuklaar Kyrdol

CEO of Breshig War Forge Consolidated
Mig Gred Mig Gred Su'cuy, vod, I'll be reviewing your submission today. Well armed, fast, maneuverable fighters are your forte, happy to see a refreshed version :)

Production
Under materials if you could please change that to read durasteel and other starfighter parts or something to that effect. Wouldn't want people thinking this was just a literal flying block of durasteel with a cockpit and guns now, would we? xD

Technical
I'm going to need the shields specified. Are they deflector shields? If so, state it please, to avoid confusion at a later date that could be problematic. Also, please link your warhead launcher. Otherwise, looking good!

Standard Features
Unfortunately, I need the shields specified here as well, and if at all possible could you either describe the sensors further or link it to a wookie or Chaos factory sub. Looks good otherwise!

Advanced Systems
Alright! This section's fine, well done!

Strengths and Weaknesses
These are fine, they balance out. Nice job!

Description
To the point and tells a story, I like it!

So, if you could please tag me once you've made these changes, I'll be happy to approve it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom