Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Getting that spark back?

I've been on Chaos for a decent bit now, just a couple weeks past a year. And I find that now, in comparison to when Chaos was this glamorous and new thing to me, that my muse is simply just not there. Not as fun as it used to be. So, I wanted to raise the question of what do all you fine folk do when it comes to trying to regain Muse when there isn't much of any left?

I read a new book or six, maybe watch a couple movies, take a break from writing entirely, etc. I took nearly a year off a couple years ago to pursue IRL things and came back with more writing motivation than ever before.

I read a new book or six, maybe watch a couple movies, take a break from writing entirely, etc. I took nearly a year off a couple years ago to pursue IRL things and came back with more writing motivation than ever before.

I consume other forms of media to recharge. Games, books, movies, music.

Sometimes whatever I'm enjoying will hit me with some cinematic scene in my head, and that typically bolsters my muse. Or yes, take a break. Or try something entirely different.

If it's feeling like a job, I will quit for 2-3 months and focus on working out, hiking, playing with my dog etc - whatever to get me out of the house and away from the computer for a long time. That way when I come back, I'm always looking forward to it and usually have a pretty good time.

My muse can falter at times, and sometimes Chaos would feel like a real crawl. Becoming a Faction Admin keeps me fairly active however, I'm having to participate in stories beyond Veiere's own personal direction which can, at times, bring me out of a slump.

Outside of Chaos however, I'm also a big gamer. Because of this, I've often been inspired to create a new Character, but many of them have been shelved as I can't seem to maintain more than three or four characters at any one time.

I guess Games and Movies are my answer. That and anything that encourages a good time/mood lol.

Marina DeVoe

Not a flight attendant... just a risk.
My muse wavers now and then, especially when those whom I love to write with take a sabbatical.
If it's a long enough gap before they return, I hit up a new writer (being careful not to overextend my self in taking on more commitments than I can handle) and I'm off to new horizons.
To me, a new writer opens up my mind to new avenues and thus rekindles my muse. Of course I only post from work, so I know my limitations as far as overextending myself.

Other interests? Yes of course, we all have RL interests. But who wants to hear what my interests are unless they are writers that I collaborate with... :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom