Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Getting bored

Miss Blonde

Trying to be straight in a crooked Galaxy
I'm starting to grow a bit tired of chaos, it's not anyone or anybody in particular I mean don't get me wrong there are people that I dislike immensely. But this isn't about people, it's about how to repair my muse. So lately 2 out of 10 threads I've been in have actually been enjoyable and I like posting to them. And the other eight are just boring or frustrating.

I'm thinking maybe taking an LOA for a week or two might help, or changing crowd getting away from factions and dealing with people who are in major factions. Cause that's just a never ending game of risk you play with people you hate. It's essentially boardgame hell. What do you guys recommend? Loa, more private RPs, I'm open to whatever

Jsc

Disney's Princess
LOA. Then pamper yourself in other ways that are not digital. I like to: eat a cheese burger, ask a hotty out for sushi, and get out in nature again. The key for me is staying away from digital entertainment. Xbox, Netflix, Youtube, etc. These mediums are all on a shared network in my brain. They burn out all at the same time. So I find good food, good people, and a walk in the sun; really can fix my 'internet' woes.

2 cents. You da boss! See ya later dude. :D

[member="Patricia Susan Garter"]

Try plenty of factions :) find some writers (and characters) who you gel well with, and those you don't just smile and shrug. It'll always be that way when we write, even if two people have the best of intentions sometimes their styles just don't mesh. Been in I think 6 majors now with different characters and they are all different, because of different personalities, different setups so they fit different people. You could also try some private rp too of course, that's what some of the minors basically are smaller private stories going on.

That's my advice on any forum though universally, try a lot then find what you like best from there, if you joined a bunch of minors today many of them I bet would be glad for the help, as would several of the majors you might not have yet looked at.

Jacen Cavill said:
When in doubt LOA, you can't know how much you love something if you never miss it.

:D and this.

Sounds like LOA is the consensus. I would suggest what some of the others have said and do something different. change your routine a bit and hope for the best. No one can tell you exactly how to get your muse back but a few days away might give you a fresh look at it.

Taking a break can do wonders but if you have a particular issue with the drama occasionally caused by faction tension then perhaps changing perspectives can help too. Sometimes playing ball for the other side gives you insight to where the issues actually come from, you might be surprised how many OOC conflicts arise from issues that honestly have little to do with the people involved but rather the situation. :)

I generally find that any reason i begin to loose my muse is because I have lost sight of my character's direction and how i planned to get there. If I just make a character to mingle, fight, and just do whatever, yeah, I get bored very quickly, which is why with all of my characters I devise their end-game first, gives me something to strive towards. But when you lose direction you've usually stopped doing what YOU want to do, in lieu of doing what other people wanna do.

While i can't say anything for the people you dislike,

I would suggest in future threads when/ if you come back, that you should set their pace, dictate your plot-lines, progress, do stuff which interests you. Sometimes you just have to do things a little selfishly, and people will get training or skill or enjoy themselves just being there through 'your' plot-line.

Make a villain, create some intrigue, devise and over-arching metaplot~

<3

-Orphen

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom