Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Getting Applesauce & Jujubes At The Cantina

He smirked a bit. "If I was lucky, she'd have put on the Circe Belt and we'd have had a grand old time.... Or she'd have just screamed in pain, and we'd never see each other again until crashing into an accidental kiss in the Jedi Temple, which would... Basically lead to everything that happened anyway" he said, shrugging.

He raised an eyebrow at Jak mentioning he should pursue another woman. He sighed, and shrugged.

"It's hard, Jak" he said. "I spend nearly every waking moment hoping she'll come back. But I've slowly begun to accept she's gone, for good. It's just difficult to look at another woman in the eyes of someone who wants a relationship. I can't just... Yknow, bounce from one woman to another, bra. I don't work like that" he said, sighing. "Sure, maybe with time I can with the right person... Just not right now. I've managed to get over the crippling depression, but I still need time past that" he explained.

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

"Nobody cares for the woods anymore."
"More likely than not," he said, agreeing.

Jak nodded. His friend had been on quite the... 'adventure', lately.

"Hey, I'm not one to dis your people skills," he said, downing the last of his glass. "But don't let it holdja back, okay? Only gonna give you more butthurt in the end."

He really didn't understand the significance of his last sentence...

@[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]

He shrugged. "I just wish Saoirse was still with me, Jak. That's all I want" he said, biting his lip. "I miss her terribly. I can't stop that. She was my LIFE, Jak. She was everything to me, and now she's gone. Do you know how that feels? There's no coming back for her. There's no LAWL PLANT I COME BACK WHENEVER THE KARK I WANT. She's GONE. I will NEVER see her again, and the hardest thing that I will EVER do is move on"

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

Jak shook his head. "No, Josh, I have no idea how bad you feel. The closest I can come to even barely touching that would be the fact that I hardly know my mother other than an ethereal spirit. Which is difficult enough in itself."

He sighed, and rested a brotherly hand on Josh's shoulder. "There's nothing I can say that will take the grief and make it better; there's nothing you can do that will ever let you get rid of the memory of Saorse," he said. "But if there's two things in the galaxy that I would live on in this moment."

"First - when life gives you sourfruit - you make life take back the damn sourfruit. You shove them up life's rear, and you make life pay for giving you sourfruit."

"And second - Someone once told me that when you hit rock bottom... the only place left to go is up."

"Josh. I understand you need to grieve for her. That's absolutely the right thing to do. But you can't go moping over what could have been. We will never know what 'could have been.' What will happen next is a different matter entirely. And you need to take that chance for yourself. Because there is no way she would want you mooning and bawling over her till you die. Misery is no way to live the rest of your life. And so help me, Josh, I will smack you upside the head until you realize that."

He sighed and nodded a bit.

"You're right....." he said quietly. "I just...... I need time to mourn" he said, shaking his head. "I need time. I guess that's all I can say"

He smiled a bit.

"She always hated when I got all sad over the past. She dealt with it because she loved me, but she hated it. She always looked toward the future. Maybe I need to take a cue from her, even in death" he said, biting his lip.

"I'll recover" he promised quietly, taking a breath. "I just need time"

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

He kept his hand on Josh's back, knowing his friend needed a moment.

"Yeah... otherwise my hand's gonna get mighty sore turning your face red," he said, mock-raising his hand in a poor attempt to lighten the mood.

"So," he said, his mouth set grimly. "You never told me exactly how she died, nor how you knew she died."

Jak Sandrow

(Yeah, I know. I just wanted to know if there was a story.)

He nodded respectfully. "Then I won't pry.

He held his glass at an angle to the table, supporting the rim with one finger. With a simple twitch of the tip, he managed to get the glass spinning on the axis. It was one way of keeping his dexterity, and maintaining concentration. Though, invariably, it would clunk to the side. It couldn't be helped; that was physics.

"May I suggest that you do something about your pain?" he suggested. "Sift through the bad parts. Leave the good stuff. And you'll have good memories of her forever, for you to treasure."

(OOC: Haha it says public. :p)

Walking off her ship and into the cantina Isis left behind her weapons since she didn't need them anyway and strode confidently into the cantina, she knew if there were any jedi there they would most likely not recognize her since her appearance changed over the years and she learned to control herself anyway so they would never be able to best her.

As she strode in she wore her horde battle armor with the signet of a general on her belt buckle and walked confidently up to the bar with a solid and focused mind that would have put the ease into her calm minded appearance, looking around she smirked from the mirror as she used it to survey the cantina and found two she knows about from a long forgotten past.

Ordering a drink of her own she paid the galactic amount and waited for her drink, she wasn't worried in the least since the jedi had no reason to arrest her even if they did happen to somehow recognize her and kept a vigilant watch on them from the mirror.
@[member="Jak Sandrow"] @[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]

He laughs a bit. "Or I could pull a fling or two with someone hot and sex-ify the pain away" he joked, grinning.

"Nah, kidding" he said. "Not how I roll. That's your ex wife's territory brother" he cracked, on a roll now. He was starting to enjoy this.

He looked over at Isis, who was giving them glances. Since he'd just seen her only a few months ago, he recognized her and smirked.

He raised his glass. "Hey there double-traitor-pants!" he joked cheerfully.

(No problem, feel free to join in)

@[member="Isis Fontana"]
@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

"You have just described Circe to a tee," he said, raising his still-empty glass in salute.

He hadn't seen Isis in ages, but when Josh brought attention to her, her familiar presence jogged his memory. He waved an arm for her, then ordered two drinks - one, a refill, the other for Isis.

@[member="Isis Fontana"]

(Haha you're an ass Joshie)

Smirking as somehow the now elected master recognized her she smirked and looked back and got up, grabbing her drink she walked confidently over and watched their reactions to her new appearance and glanced at another booth of some slobbering animals while striding over to the table, arriving she looked at them both and smirked as she seated herself and remained calm and civil the whole time.

Greets Josh, Jak she said with a clearly harsh and cold voice that seemed she had changed completely Long time no see there boys, hows the broken hearts? she greeted and teased them both as she sat and took a small swig of her corellian ale.
@[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] @[member="Jak Sandrow"]

(Love you too :p )

Josh laughed at Jak's response, before watching Isis with an amused smirk.

He wrapped an arm around her shoulder as she came over, almost teasing the Sith Knight with the biggest of grins.

"We were just talking about how sexual flings help broken hearts. Care to help me with my broken heart, Isis?" he snarked, the grin never leaving his face. He was being cheeky, it was obvious, but he was loving every moment of it. Why get revenge on a traitorous ex Jedi/Sith with violence, when you could dick around and have a bit of fun?

He grinned over at Jak, poking fun a bit at how cuddy him and Isis were in this position.

"Take a picture, Jak. Ain't we cute looking like this?" he joked, laughing.

@Isis Fontana
@Jak Sandrow

Sneering she used the force to crush his camera and sat there wanting to force crush Josh's spine leaving him paralyzed and immobile yet she fought against her urge to deal some massive damage to his body and found it to be rather comforting to be in their presence.

As she looked at him she grabbed his hand and applied a pressure point to numb it and let him go, she took another small swig and downed it as she remained there waiting for one of them to make a mistake that she could capitalize from, yet none came and she sighed as she watched them both.

So whats new boys? breaking hearts of padawans as of recent? she asked with interest as she decided to chat with them and be friendly, even though she could care less about being friendly but she would indeed try.

"Aw, I wanted to make kissy faces" he remarked jokingly as she attempted to crush whatever camera Jak might try and pull out. Isis's biggest mistake though, was trying to grab a pressure point. Due to Josh's training, this was something he was watching out for at all times. Couple that with his superhuman strength, and Isis was in a world of trouble.

When she went to grab the pressure point, instead Josh held her hand, almost like a lover. He smiled at her, before suddenly his superhuman strength became obvious when he applied pressure himself, almost crushing Isis's hand as if it were nothing. Warning sent, he let go of her after leaving her numb and in pain, and released her shoulder as well. Trying to harm either Josh or Jak right now was likely a bad idea, considering Josh's hand to hand capabilities.

"Nothing really" he said. "War is starting to bore the hell out of me, so it's nice to have a drink or two"

@[member="Isis Fontana"]
@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

Long time no see there boys, hows the broken hearts?

Wow. Way to greet someone who just bought you a drink.

He returned the favour with a less than pleasant gesture.

As Josh pulled Isis to his side, Jak grinned, and began to pull out his comm to immortalize the moment, when Isis made a little spasming movement with her arm and twisted out of Josh's grip.

He shrugged and returned the comm. "Same for me, too, Isis. War is hell. Especially when you go up against your friends. Word has it," he said, taking a sip, "word has it that the Fringe may retaliate. At least, that was yesterday. I don't honestly know how these things happen, so we could be getting invaded any second now," he said.

"Not that there's any remote chance I'd be fighting the Republic again. I tried that, couldn't stomach it. Literally, I barfed after I flew off, Josh," he said, bringing up the horror story that was O'reen.

"Because I don't like hurting my best friends," he said, not looking at her but very pointedly making a jab at Isis.

@[member="Isis Fontana"]

He chuckled. "Jak, you're a day late" he said. "I went to Telos yesterday and singlehandedly ended the war with the Fringe. It's over. Sure, cold war and all, but we're basically at peace now. No more full scale assaults or territory grabbing"

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]
@[member="Isis Fontana"]

Jak war is just that....war she said in a more commanding manner You might not like waking up in the middle of the night knowing you killed or injured a friend and have a sudden panic attack... but people like me, we suck it up and do our jobs to the fullest no matter who is opposing us she jabbed right back at him with a not so friendly manner.

ya see jakkie, it doesnt matter if I went to war with any government, I have a lot of friends in some of them, being a generalist I tend to take on the bigger opponents even if I cannot match their strength or expertise... but I also know enough to not get too attached since a friend will only remain that way to put a bullet in your back. she stated as she glared at him and then tore her attention to josh so what the hell is this grand booty I hear you're obsessed with she said as she allowed him to know she was trying to be cordial and nice

@[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] @[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Josh laughed. "Well, not anymore. Selena left for unknown regions, so there's no grandbooty for me to make fun of anymore" he said with a smirk.

"I could always make fun of your booty though"

@[member="Isis Fontana"]
@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

(I believe this is our current orientation?)

----Jak----Josh----Isis <-- bar
[][][][][][][][][][][][][] <-- baseboard

~~~~~~~~~~~

Jak looked pointedly over Josh's shoulder at Isis, and made air quotes as he said, " 'Friends'..."

Point being, she had just about every faction pissed at her.

"See, Isis, that was why I couldn't put a bullet through Josh. Because everyone needs someone to hang on to in grief. Even you, Isis. Which is why we ain't putting a bullet through your skull."

He clapped his hands in exaggerated excitement as Josh offered to ogle Isis. "Oh, yes, yes, please do!" he said, his exuberance breaking down into laughter.

@[member="Isis Fontana"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom